Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #101
Brem
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Ya I think so lol. There is a difference of peer pressure, and just better made film (to a persons eyes). You could say that it's peer pressure that people like Alien and Aliens over the others (which most do prefer the original 2). But the reason has nothing to do with that. It has to do with quality of film. But I guess you can make that stance if you want. As I think some like the PT just because it's Star Wars. I kinda felt it was peer pressure when the PT came out to like it. I remember I felt if I said I hated it I was going to be ridiculed. Not by just fans but by friends that I had hyped up the films to. Years later I finally let go of that and just admitted how I felt. And many others have admitted that over the years too, some even on these forums.

And I've never cared for The Rock. He would not fit in this universe at all. I've just never cared for his acting.
Well, you and I will just have to agree to disagree. Because I'm not going to agree with you on this, and I know you're not going to agree with me. So I think it's best for both our sanity if we move on.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #102
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
Well, you and I will just have to agree to disagree. Because I'm not going to agree with you on this, and I know you're not going to agree with me. So I think it's best for both our sanity if we move on.
There is nothing insane of having a conversation. That's what we are here for! So it's no harm at all. I'm enjoying the discussion.

I just don't' get your opinions though. By your reasoning we have to assume the "typical" favorites in a franchise are all because of peer pressure.

Spider-Man 2 (Of Raimi's Spider-man Trilogy
Alien/Aliens (Of the Alien Franchise)
Predator (of the Predator franchise)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (of the Indy franchise)
Jurassic Park (of the Jurassic Park trilogy)
Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 (of the Terminator Franchise
Robocop (of the Robocop trilogy)
Back to the Future (of the BTTF trilogy)
X2 (of the X-Men Franchise
TDK (of Nolan's trilogy)
Batman 89 (of the Burton franchise)
Poltergeist (of the Poltergeist Franchise)
The Exorcist (of the Exorcist franchise)

The Empire Strikes back (of the Star Wars Franchise)

Now of course this is not 100% of what people think but it is typically a view point of what the favorites became of a franchise for a lot of people. So my question is, does this mean with all of these franchises, including you're love for Alien and Aliens over the rest is because of peer pressure? Or is it somehow just exclusive to Star Wars? And if can't just be where one franchise this is the case, but the others it's not.

See that's where I just don't see it. I highly doubt the usually loved film in a franchise and those that love it are just all liking them because of peer pressure. Maybe a few are, but again I just see the argument to hold little water. I think again it is because of film quality, not so much just because we feel pressured to do so.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #103
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I like him too, in less serious roles. He's very good at tongue and cheek, generally being goofy. Fast Five was worth watching for his performance alone because you could tell he knew the movie was having a whole mess of fun. In serious roles though, not so much. With that in mind I think he could probably work in Star Wars as non-human of some sort. Maybe even a bounty hunter, but definitely not as a Jedi or similarly prominent role.

Better still, it'd be nice to see him in one of the stand-alone films rather than the core trilogy.
Yeah I'd prefer The Rock in a standalone movie as a secondary/minor character preferably as a bounty hunter as you said or even better he could play Mandalore if they ever plan on doing stuff with Mandalorians I mean his role would be essentially like The Scorpion King in space

Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #104
Brem
Side-Kick

Quote:
There is nothing insane of having a conversation. That's what we are here for! So it's no harm at all. I'm enjoying the discussion.
Look, no offence intended, but I'm not interested in carrying this discussion on. We're going to see eye to eye on this subject. I'll post how I feel about it, and you'll post how you feel about it, and all we'll end up doing is going over the same things, phrasing it slightly different every time.

I've said what I have to say on the matter. I'm not convinced that everyone who says their favourite is Episode V, especially when they attach "obviously", when it really is not obvious when of the six films they might actually prefer Episode I, or VI, or IV, that they aren't simply saying that because it's that feeling that majority has.

And that's all I have to say on the subject. We're not going to have a discussion, we're going to go around in circles saying the same things every time. As a whole my post wasn't even about this.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #105
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Look, no offence intended, but I'm not interested in carrying this discussion on. We're going to see eye to eye on this subject. I'll post how I feel about it, and you'll post how you feel about it, and all we'll end up doing is going over the same things, phrasing it slightly different every time.

I've said what I have to say on the matter. I'm not convinced that everyone who says their favourite is Episode V, especially when they attach "obviously", when it really is not obvious when of the six films they might actually prefer Episode I, or VI, or IV, that they aren't simply saying that because it's that feeling that majority has.

And that's all I have to say on the subject. We're not going to have a discussion, we're going to go around in circles saying the same things every time. As a whole my post wasn't even about this.
This I believe. But if you don't want to continue this conversation, than so be it.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #106
Solidus
Kylo Ren

I just had a thought about the TV series (or possible TV series) and tying them into Episode VII.

If animated I would wonder since he is a veteran of animation (Mark Hamill) if they would center it around him creating the NJO? I think it would be an interesting premise, to have side stories, maybe set 10 years prior to Episode VII, and show this new world that our characters live in. I could see them using a animated film to ramp up the hype and get us into this new world. And maybe start a Live Action series around the time of Episode VII's release?

I'm down with really any of the time eras, it could be as some said around AHN and ESB. But I think they will focus on post Jedi. I just think with Mark it would be cool to have Luke start out with that, and follow his new Jedi order, and them trying to re-establish what was destroyed. I just think it would be also cool to introduce side characters or small characters in Episode VII and flesh them out some, and just have it lead into it with out spoiling anything in Episode VII. Keep the story lines fairly separate so no spoilers leak in.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #107
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Live action would be awesome, but I wonder if Disney behind it they will have more money to back it? To me any era would be cool but I still have a feeling it will be post Jedi just to merge eventually with the new trilogy.
Well who knows. Disney as a large corporation might have the resources to get it done. The thing is if they liked the concept enough to go for it. I dunno, i get the feeling it could be set in an era to connect with some of the spinoffs also.

Quote:
Just imagine the possitlbities! So many things animated/live they could do. I'm actually getting goosebumps thinking about it. The animated team for TCW is extremely talented, and I would love to see a new era and new awesome characters like Bane. (his voice is the coolest).

What would you think of a post Jedi one?
I really hope Disney keeps Filoni and the CW teams for a project. They really did an outstanding job with CW imo. I love Bane, and dang, i really hope we get some closure with him in whatever they will show of CW that didnt get to air. He could show up in some of the spinoffs, especially the Fett one, if it does happen.

To be honest, i dont even have a preference at this point regarding eras lol. I just want a good show!!

Quote:
As for the MF it is awesome. I really hope this team expands. Me and my bro were talking about it, and I know I keep saying it....I want Han's Blaster so bad. And an E11-Blaster Rifle.

You said you bought one of the lightsabers from them yes?
The blasters they (MR) made were outstanding. I drooled over a Han one for ages, but in the end i went with lightsabers. Oh i bought more than one lol. I believe i have 4 of the big lightsabers (TPM Obi, ROTS Obi, ANH Luke although that's technically Anakin in ROTS lol, and ROTJ Luke), a bunch of mini lightsabers and also some mini helmets. I have so much stuff but sadly atm it's all mostly boxed up because i dont have a proper display.

Quote:
Clonetroopers would win, lol they have better aim. Something happened in those 19 years of the Empire taking over lol.
Well, they were copies of copies so lol.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #108
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Well who knows. Disney as a large corporation might have the resources to get it done. The thing is if they liked the concept enough to go for it. I dunno, i get the feeling it could be set in an era to connect with some of the spinoffs also.

I really hope Disney keeps Filoni and the CW teams for a project. They really did an outstanding job with CW imo. I love Bane, and dang, i really hope we get some closure with him in whatever they will show of CW that didnt get to air. He could show up in some of the spinoffs, especially the Fett one, if it does happen.

To be honest, i dont even have a preference at this point regarding eras lol. I just want a good show!!

The blasters they (MR) made were outstanding. I drooled over a Han one for ages, but in the end i went with lightsabers. Oh i bought more than one lol. I believe i have 4 of the big lightsabers (TPM Obi, ROTS Obi, ANH Luke although that's technically Anakin in ROTS lol, and ROTJ Luke), a bunch of mini lightsabers and also some mini helmets. I have so much stuff but sadly atm it's all mostly boxed up because i dont have a proper display.

They could tie them into spinoffs. But from what we've heard the spinoff's are still in such early stages, who knows what will happen. I wonder if they will try to push more so the Trilogy first. Spin-off's later. But again that is hard to tell, they could do either or, and ya, as long as it's good, that's what matters.

Hopefully they give some kind of resolution, either through book form or another animated part.

Ya, I got a Luke ANH/ESB Lightsaber from them. I was this close to getting the Han/Stormtrooper weapons, but last minute said I'll wait. I regret that lol. I still have my lightsaber on display though. Let's hope that new company expands quickly.

If I'm not mistaken Stormtroopers, (at least not all of them) are not clones though. Because I remember reading somewhere that it was cannon that after the wars, the Emperor allowed them to be drafted men after the fact that they had more templates that were not Fett clones, which was why they were not as good either since the Clonetroopers were made for war genetically. Which explains the different voices ect. I may be wrong on that, but I thought they were different (at least most of them) in the OT era. More drafted men.

I think early after ROTS he created many more clones of different templates, and then later allowed drafted men.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #109
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken Stormtroopers, (at least not all of them) are not clones though. Because I remember reading somewhere that it was cannon that after the wars, the Emperor allowed them to be drafted men after the fact that they had more templates that were not Fett clones, which was why they were not as good either since the Clonetroopers were made for war genetically. Which explains the different voices ect. I may be wrong on that, but I thought they were different (at least most of them) in the OT era. More drafted men.

I think early after ROTS he created many more clones of different templates, and then later allowed drafted men.
I believe Solidus is correct on this one. By the time A New Hope rolled around the majority of Storm Troopers were regular joes with very few of the original clones (if any) remaining. I do recall one comic that took place some time after ROTS which followed a squad of Troopers, and one (perhaps their ranking officer?) was a clone from The Clone Wars era.

As a huge fan of the clones I love the idea of a lot of them going there own way post-ROTS, or continuing in service during the era before ANH.

According to Wookiepedia, at some point there were even non-human Storm Troopers.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #110
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Yeah I think Palpatine eventually went against the continued use of clones, I think he did experiment with cloning some other subjects but it didn't go anywhere. I could definitely be wrong in that. I also think he might of distrusted the clones after time. In some ways it seems the Empire went for cheaper means with their military might to be able mass produce easier and show force through large numbers. I mean as cool as TIE fighters are they have no shields and can be easy cannon fodder unless driven by skilled pilots.

Quote:

According to Wookiepedia, at some point there were even non-human Storm Troopers.
Yes, despite the Empire's racism towards most non-humans there was some humanoid species in the 501st legion and throughout the Imperial ranks. I think a few were Duros.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #111
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
See, I have never implied there aren't extremes on both sides. I will always agree that often both sides can be just as bad as each other. But like I said, I rarely post here and I tend to avoid threads about Star Wars on other sides, because you know it will just turn into a debate over which Trilogy is the best. I'm simply basing this off my experiences and the reactions I have received to which of the films I have at the top of my list.

And I don't think it's obvious, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I'm just not convinced some people say Empire is their favourite because it is genuinely their favourite, but rather peer pressure. But that's just me.
I like you.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #112
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
They could tie them into spinoffs. But from what we've heard the spinoff's are still in such early stages, who knows what will happen. I wonder if they will try to push more so the Trilogy first. Spin-off's later. But again that is hard to tell, they could do either or, and ya, as long as it's good, that's what matters.
Well, if totally separate people are working on the spinoffs, who knows. They could surprise us.

Quote:
Hopefully they give some kind of resolution, either through book form or another animated part.
I hope so. Cad Bane is just too awesome

Quote:
Ya, I got a Luke ANH/ESB Lightsaber from them. I was this close to getting the Han/Stormtrooper weapons, but last minute said I'll wait. I regret that lol. I still have my lightsaber on display though. Let's hope that new company expands quickly.
Aah regrets. My big regreat was the Kenobi weathered ANH lightsaber

Quote:
Mistaken, you are not. Some were clones but most were regular ol' folks in the originals. With the original specimen (Jango) dead i would imagine there was so much they could stretch that DNA. And besides, Palpatine was Emperor. The big fight was to destroy the jedi. With them gone, not many dared to oppose him anyways, or were capable of challenging him...until the Rebellion, of course

This is madness, folks! http://forums.superherohype.com/show...7#post25393677

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #113
georgec
Not a hero

"Cad Bane". That name is kind of like saying, "Bad Guy".

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #114
regwec
Shakespearo

In a British context, "Cad Bane" would be Bane played by Terry Thomas, and he would be the one to get Selina on the plane to Venice.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #115
James
Built from Lego

Cad Bane is my favorite Star Wars character. It was Grievous, until Bane showed up.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #116
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

So does anyone visit the TFN boards? I started going back after about a six year hiatus, and my god are people b***hy there. So many arguments in almost every thread.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #117
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Once in a while, I started an account in 2000 or so, I still have it. It use to be a great place, but post 2003 I remember it just fell apart, and still seems that way.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #118
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

It used to be a regular stop for me but yeah, **** just got too crazy. It's around the time I found the Hype.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #119
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
It used to be a regular stop for me but yeah, **** just got too crazy. It's around the time I found the Hype.
Same here, it was around late 2003 that I jumped that ship and found the Hype.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #120
georgec
Not a hero

TFN slowly became a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #121
James
Built from Lego

Generally speaking, I've found forums that focus on a variety of topics (like the SHH) are a lot more amiable than those that revolve around a single subject.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #122
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Generally speaking, I've found forums that focus on a variety of topics (like the SHH) are a lot more amiable than those that revolve around a single subject.
It attracts fewer fans who only have a singular fanboy obsession.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #123
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
So does anyone visit the TFN boards? I started going back after about a six year hiatus, and my god are people b***hy there. So many arguments in almost every thread.
I joined back before ROTS and promptly left after it was released. Place is a haven for some of the worst of the fandom.

H.E.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #124
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Definitely agreed. I tried some sports team forums and it's crazy. I feel like fighting someone even just from reading it and not joining lol. SHH is much more civilised.

What does TFN stand for?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #125
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Definitely agreed. I tried some sports team forums and it's crazy. I feel like fighting someone even just from reading it and not joining lol. SHH is much more civilised.

What does TFN stand for?
TheForce.net

In the late 90's/early 2000's it was a pretty good site. But as many of have said, if you get a forum that focuses just on one thing in particular it kinda falls apart. The Hype has enough variety it has kept me here for almost 10 years.

One of the founders of that site I think helped create SHH or CS I can't remember which. Maybe both.

Last edited by Solidus; 03-17-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Closed Thread