Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #151
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I know how you feel. However, i'm trying to remain positive and just hope that Disney treats the franchise right. I just hope that even if they go with a fresh start (whatever the heck that means ), that in the end it all still feels like Star Wars.

As far as those rumors about the plot go, i'm fine with the concept of the new movies taking place 30 years into the future. I'm a bit confused about a Palpatine disciple (which one is that exactly?), but it's a predictable scenario, or at least that's pretty much what many have been speculating for a while might happen. I guess it's just a waiting/speculating game until we get more details
I'm sure it will still be Star Wars regardless. We have no idea if all of these decisions are Disney's some may be Kathy herself, and Disney is backing her decisions. But I trust them fully.

As for the plot I'm excited for it. Some want something completely different then Sith, but Sith are the "pure evil" and Jedi are the "pure good" and Star Wars always has that kind of conflict. We all knew it was going to be something of a new army rising up it is "Star Wars" after all lol Not Star Battles. . I actually got really excited about it if its true because really (even though it was not followed very well) this Sith will go against the rule of 2, and try to go back to rule of thousands like the KOTOR days. To me mixing that in there is awesome. I'm really down for that idea.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #152
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I'm sure it will still be Star Wars regardless. We have no idea if all of these decisions are Disney's some may be Kathy herself, and Disney is backing her decisions. But I trust them fully.

As for the plot I'm excited for it. Some want something completely different then Sith, but Sith are the "pure evil" and Jedi are the "pure good" and Star Wars always has that kind of conflict. We all knew it was going to be something of a new army rising up it is "Star Wars" after all lol Not Star Battles. . I actually got really excited about it if its true because really (even though it was not followed very well) this Sith will go against the rule of 2, and try to go back to rule of thousands like the KOTOR days. To me mixing that in there is awesome. I'm really down for that idea.
Well i'm sure they both must agree with the final decisions made. There's probably some compromises also, but at this point i give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I remain positive until i see the final product, always!

Yeah, them going really old school and breaking the rule of two would be neat to see. Tons of sith fighting tons of jedi = to me. I know the political aspect of the PT was hated by some, but i really hope they do show where the Republic is at after so many years after the fall of the Empire. I'm always intrigued by that aspect of the movies.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #153
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Well i'm sure they both must agree with the final decisions made. There's probably some compromises also, but at this point i give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I remain positive until i see the final product, always!

Yeah, them going really old school and breaking the rule of two would be neat to see. Tons of sith fighting tons of jedi = to me. I know the political aspect of the PT was hated by some, but i really hope they do show where the Republic is at after so many years after the fall of the Empire. I'm always intrigued by that aspect of the movies.
Ya of course it was compromises from both ends I'm sure. Or they just both agreed on certain aspects.

I'm not against having some politics in there it goes along with wars/conflicts, that was never what bugged me with the PT, it was the execution and really how dry the scenes became. I don't mind a little back story of the New Republic and maybe a little history. Just too much is not good, and it all depends on the execution of it.

But also as we talked about days ago, maybe the new animated shows if set post Jedi will go more into some detail.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #154
Marvolo
Side-Kick

There are rumors going around that Disney may be shutting down Lucasarts entirely. Game designers there are already jumping ship. Damn...

Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #155
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I say good. Lucas Arts has been pretty bad/mediocre for some time. TFU was just meh. Ever since Chin left after Dark Forces II it really went downhill.

What I want is them to licenses out to better companies. Like Bioware did with KOTOR, or Raven with Dark Forces, or Pandemic with Battlefront ect.

What I would like to see is Bethesda make a Star Wars based game, and Obsidian said they had one in the idea phase, and they would be great at making an RPG. Honestly I think Lucas Arts is no longer what it use to be, and that's been apparent since all the debacle with TFU and especially it's sequel.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #156
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I just want Battlefront 3.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #157
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

yeah the future is alerady uncertain for the First Assault XBL game that would have been Battlefront 3's predecessor.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #158
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya I would love for them to go back to Pandemic and maybe Obsidian and have sequels of KOTOR and Battlefront, or at least something in the vein of them.

I really want to see a new Dark Forces game, I would love to see that happen. But again all these games need to be out-sourced.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #159
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
"A disciple of Emperor Palpatine aims to rebuild the Sith Armies of the Old Republic and destroy the Jedi where the Skywalker children will be thrust into battle and face their inner demons of their Skywalker lineage."
Lumiya anyone?

There seems to be a good chance of Darth Caedus as well with the whole "facing the inner demons of their Skywalker lineage"

Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #160
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I wouldn't cry over Lucasarts dying out...I feel bad for the people that work there...but they haven't really made a great game in a long time. Like most of the franchise...it's been skating by on name alone. I feel like Disney may actually improve things with the restructure

Old 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #161
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Disney hasn't released a good game in IDK when so if they restructure Lucasarts to be a disney game company then look for games marketed at kids with characters appealing to them. I don't see disney putting out Mature games.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #162
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Lumiya anyone?

There seems to be a good chance of Darth Caedus as well with the whole "facing the inner demons of their Skywalker lineage"

Sounds good to me.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #163
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Disney hasn't released a good game in IDK when so if they restructure Lucasarts to be a disney game company then look for games marketed at kids with characters appealing to them. I don't see disney putting out Mature games.
Ya either was Lucas Arts though. The thing is Disney won't make these games at least the big ones. I'm sure mobile stuff and small little website games ya. It's cheaper and more lucrative to have other companies make them for you, licenses them out. I will bet they will not be making the main games within Disney. So Lucas Arts and Disney's in house gaming has been terrible. But that's why I will bet they will do what they did a lot in the early 2000's and just sell the right to devs that have lots of talent. Marvel and all the stuff they've done it's not just "for little kids". Star Wars has never been about Mature audiences alone it's for everyone. But it can have a dark side, but not extreme.

So many devs would love to use the Star Wars name, and I'm sure Disney knows this. Star Wars is one of the strongest names out there to put on something.

Last edited by Solidus; 03-20-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #164
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
There are rumors going around that Disney may be shutting down Lucasarts entirely. Game designers there are already jumping ship. Damn...
They've been so mismanaged (there's even a great Kotaku article about it) with a huge turnover with the higher ups, I'm not surprised. Theyre irrelevant.

Here's a good example of their shortsightedness: Uncharted and once again Raider are the the rulers of that genre and yet, lucasarts never attempted to claim or challenge that market with the obvious: Indiana Jones. What a missed opportunity.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #165
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
But also as we talked about days ago, maybe the new animated shows if set post Jedi will go more into some detail.
Yeah, that's one option. But hopefully we do get a very detailed view of how things are in the Universe 30 years forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post

I wouldnt mind seeing Darth Caedus in there somewhere at all

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #166
The Game
Side-Kick

I would love to see Jacen on the big screen

Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #167
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:

I suspect Disney won't develop future games...they'll use other developers.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #168
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Yeah, I don't expect to see him either. New and original main characters.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #169
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I'm not sure how I feel about the LA thing, they made some great games during the PS2 era. They've sucked this gen, but things seem to be looking up for them with 1313 and that FPS game. Disney should change the focus of the company instead of closing it, having two game companies under their belt wouldn't be a bad thing.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #170
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubricklynch View Post
No way Darth Caedus is in the ST. They flat out stated it would be an original story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yeah, I don't expect to see him either. New and original main characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubricklynch View Post
Especially since seeing another Jedi fall to the dark side would probably be seen as retreading the PT.
Well they could use characters from the New Jedi Order era but still create original stories within an era that already has a good amount of material depicting what happens in that era. The Clone Wars animated series (R.I.P.) proved that you could create 5 years worth of entertaining stories within an era that was already done to death. This includes new possibilities such as new and original characters like Ahsoka Tano who's fate leaves many possibilities even one where she could very well live to see Luke Skywalker & Co. and maybe fight alongside the Rebel Alliance/New Jedi Order. The same also goes for The Force Unleashed, we still don't know what happens to Starkiller, Juno Eclipse and Rahm Kota.

Besides, JJ Abrams/Michael Arndt/Kathleen Kennedy can't just ignore all the pre-existing post ROTJ lore in the form of novels, video games, comics etc. They will have to acknowledge them at one point when further development occurs. If they completely retcon them, a good amount of fans who appreciate that material will create a large backlash. If they learnt anything from all the prequel haters, being hated by Star Wars fans will screw you up in the long-term(looking at you George Lucas!).

As for having the Sequel Trilogy revolving around Jacen falling to the dark side they don't have to go that route. The movies could start with Jacen Solo already as Darth Caedus along with Lumiya and the legion of Sith they are gathering as the bad guys of the movie. They could incorporate a twist that Jaina/Ben/Luke/Han/Leia etc don't know Jacen is Darth Caedus and they find out in the same manner as Luke finding out who Vader was in The Empire Strikes Back.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #171
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about the LA thing, they made some great games during the PS2 era. They've sucked this gen, but things seem to be looking up for them with 1313 and that FPS game. Disney should change the focus of the company instead of closing it, having two game companies under their belt wouldn't be a bad thing.
What did they make in house that was good during the 6th gen? They did great with outsourcing then, but I can't think of really any that stuck out. But I really can't remember them all.

EDIT: They did decent with Jedi Starfighter I will say that. But I think they have been making "meh" games over better ones for sometime. Kotoku had a whole article about the poor management over there the past few years.

Last edited by Solidus; 03-21-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #172
titansupes
Side-Kick

I really liked the Jango Fett game they did. Unfortunately, that was the one game I've ever played where if i was playing for longer than 20 or 30 minutes, my eyes would burn up and water. Shame, because as I said, I thought the game itself was excellent.

Jedi Starfighter was cool, too.

And I liked the Clone Wars game from the same era. And the two Battlefronts were awesome.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #173
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

The Bounty Hunter game I really did not care for at all. And Rouge Squadron and Battlefront 1&2 were not Lucas Arts, they were different devs.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #174
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Bounty Hunter game I really did not care for at all. And Rouge Squadron and Battlefront 1&2 were not Lucas Arts, they were different devs.
I was never what you'd call a 'gamer', and I stopped paying them entirely around 2007 when I just got bored with them, so I don't know who made what.

How come you didn't like Bounty Hunter?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #175
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

The gameplay was nothing special, and I remember it just had lots of bugs, and glitches that made it irritating at times. They just rushed it. It could have been great if they would have given it more time I'm sure. But some of the other elements of the gameplay outside of the shooting I remember was nothing special. Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago. Wow.

But I hope they do go back to sourcing out games, I'm sure they will. They will be centering it I'm sure post Jedi era. Since there is a 30+ year gap most likely between Jedi and Episode VII.