The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #251
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
There are plenty of others where those came from. It wasn't shot in IMAX. When they DO shoot scenes on IMAX for these movies, they never keep it a secret.
That's what I said too. Every Hollywood film that is shot in native IMAX is highly publicized as having been shot in that format. It's a big selling point to get people to dish out the extra money to see a movie in IMAX instead of one of the cheaper formats.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #252
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Damn you Warner Bros.; it's because of your current lack of promotion that we've had to dig up any and all topics to keep this thread going.lol

Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #253
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Damn, the official press release tells us it's a post-conversion and y'all are still in denial, lol.

Also...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56861

http://www.hollywood.com/news/movies...in-3d?page=all

http://www.slashfilm.com/man-of-stee...nd-3d-release/

There are plenty of others where those came from. It wasn't shot in IMAX. When they DO shoot scenes on IMAX for these movies, they never keep it a secret.
"Post-conversion" doesn't mean the entire film needs to be converted; even if some scenes are shot in Imax, then the non-imax scenes still need to be converted. So, yes, the official press-release says that MoS will be converted, but that doesn't mean that none of the scenes were shot in Imax.

I was never completely confident that Imax cameras were indeed used for MoS, but I'm also not convinced that they weren't used, despite your sources. None of those sources you've listed are official, so they may very well have been mistaken. In much the same way, the following unofficial sources may also be mistaken (although they report the exact opposite information):

Quote:
IMAX 2D cameras were spotted on set, initially suggesting that part of the film will be presented in such film format, akin to "The Dark Knight" and "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol". In July 9th, 2012, it was confirmed that it was indeed shot with IMAX footage, but it's going to be post-converted to 3D
[Source]

Quote:
2D IMAX cams were used for filming of some scenes (please refer to pictures in Albums), and film was used also
[Source]

Your claim that "When they DO shoot scenes on IMAX for these movies, they never keep it a secret" seems rational, but remember: the brunt of Man of Steel's marketing campaign has yet to kick off; WB may reveal more Imax information as we get closer to June 14th.

I admit, however, that the evidence in favor of Imax cameras being used on set is inconclusive. It seems as if the only evidence has been those helicopter shots, and nothing about them screams "Imax" to me. [Edit: Or maybe they do... Look a couple posts below; the helicopter camera in the MoS set photos look awfully similar to Pictorvision's Imax Cameras.]

Last edited by ModusPonens; 03-11-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #254
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

As far as the size of the rig is concerned; if you look up pictorvision IMAX (pictorvision being the company that manufactures the aerial rig seen in the photos), you can see an IMAX camera inside of the rig. So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, I guess time will tell.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #255
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
Boom! You just got ModusPonenseseses!
That sounds good. I think I'll make it my catchphrase.

Edit: Or maybe, "You just got ModusPwned."

Last edited by ModusPonens; 03-11-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #256
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
As far as the size of the rig is concerned; if you look up pictorvision IMAX (pictorvision being the company that manufactures the aerial rig seen in the photos), you can see an IMAX camera inside of the rig. So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, I guess time will tell.
Oh wow, the Pictorvision Imax cameras look exactly like the cameras spotted on the MoS set. Interesting...

Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #257
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Yessir, interesting indeed

Old 03-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #258
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

WBs give us something new so we have something interesting to talk about ahhhhhh!

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #259
Fedor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
WBs give us something new so we have something interesting to talk about ahhhhhh!
This. Give us something. A picture, 2 seconds of the score, a rumor....just something to keep me going!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #260
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
This. Give us something. A picture, 2 seconds of the score, a rumor....just something to keep me going!
I keep having this nagging feeling that we won't really get anything new until Mid to late April. I hope I'm wrong.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #261
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I keep having this nagging feeling that we won't really get anything new until Mid to late April. I hope I'm wrong.
Well supposedly we are getting some character posters very soon.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #262
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Well supposedly we are getting some character posters very soon.
I'd feel better if we could change the word "supposedly" into "surely"

Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #263
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

We're like addicts in here haha, we really do need something new. I mean a new pic would do. How about an official Zod reveal or something. WBs are holding back abit too much.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #264
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Oh wow, the Pictorvision Imax cameras look exactly like the cameras spotted on the MoS set. Interesting...

A helicopter with a giant golfball attached indicates that a camera stabilization system is being used; but it doesn’t tell us what kind of camera is inside the golfball. Pictorvision’s site mentions that its systems can handle 35mm film, various digital as well as IMAX cameras.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #265
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'd feel better if we could change the word "supposedly" into "surely"
Well, "supposedly" sounds more certain than "surely" imo the way it was written.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #266
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
We're like addicts in here haha, we really do need something new. I mean a new pic would do. How about an official Zod reveal or something. WBs are holding back abit too much.
Now:

When we eventually get our fix:

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #267
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
A helicopter with a giant golfball attached indicates that a camera stabilization system is being used; but it doesn’t tell us what kind of camera is inside the golfball. Pictorvision’s site mentions that its systems can handle 35mm film, various digital as well as IMAX cameras.
Yes, yes; I'm completely aware of that. From the MoS set photos, we can see that Pictorvision's Aerial equipment was used, but we cannot determine which camera was placed inside the equipment. I never contended otherwise (athough, I did suspect otherwise; but now it seems my suspicions were unfounded, since Pictorvision seems to use the same shell for Imax and regular cameras alike).

Last edited by ModusPonens; 03-11-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #268
Fedor
Side-Kick

Quote:
The first thing i do when i wake up is grabbing my phone and browsing through this forum for about 10 minutes before i get out of bed. When breakfast is finished, i browse through it one more time brushing my teeth. Then, on the buss on my way to work i browse again for about 15 minutes before i reach work. During the day, i am refreshing this thread every 5 minutes. When i finish work, i browse during my way home. When i have reached home, i browse some more (this time wore heavily) while i´m listening to Elegy to the storm until its bedtime. After brushing my teeth, i browse some more with my cellphone while laying in my bed.

I also wake up about 2-3 times every night browsing for about 5 minutes each session before falling asleep again.

This is not good.......

Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #269
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
The first thing i do when i wake up is grabbing my phone and browsing through this forum for about 10 minutes before i get out of bed. When breakfast is finished, i browse through it one more time brushing my teeth. Then, on the buss on my way to work i browse again for about 15 minutes before i reach work. During the day, i am refreshing this thread every 5 minutes. When i finish work, i browse during my way home. When i have reached home, i browse some more (this time wore heavily) while i´m listening to Elegy to the storm until its bedtime. After brushing my teeth, i browse some more with my cellphone while laying in my bed.

I also wake up about 2-3 times every night browsing for about 5 minutes each session before falling asleep again.

This is not good.......

That's pretty much me to a T. Except the waking up during the night thing. My MOS dreams keep me sated while I sleep

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #270
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Good morning ladies, gentlemen, kids and welcome to what will surely be a NO NEWS MONDAY day! Followed tomorrow by a NO NEWS TUESDAY and so on until the end of the week when we'll conclude with a NO NEWS WEEK celebration! Can I hear a, Hip-Hip-HOORAY?!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #271
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

*\S/T*
Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #272
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

^^^

Quote:

This is not good.......
Neat.

My morning process involves checking out the SHH homepage and another big site for such news, afterwards I take stroll over to the official MOS FB and Twitter pages to see if anything popped up.

Then I go to google, enter Man of Steel and select results in the last hour, and then the last 24 hours. This is followed by going to twitter and searching Man of Steel for the latest tweets including the phrase.

Usually there is at least one tweet that says; NEW MAN OF STEEL PHOTO!!!! and I always get excited, heart pumping, blood running only to click and see that it's not a new photo but that 2 months old still with Supes and the army behind him. This of course makes me want to tweet nasty things to the person who just got me excited for nothing but because I'm a nice guy, I don't.

I finnish this with a visit to this forum. This all takes me about 5-10 minutes and I repeat the process about 3-5 times a day, depending on how busy I am.

And yes, every time I do it, disappointment follows. It's like self-inflicted torture. But I kinda like it.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #273
Fedor
Side-Kick

Smile Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
^^^

Neat.

My morning process involves checking out the SHH homepage and another big site for such news, afterwards I take stroll over to the official MOS FB and Twitter pages to see if anything popped up.

Then I go to google, enter Man of Steel and select results in the last hour, and then the last 24 hours. This is followed by going to twitter and searching Man of Steel for the latest tweets including the phrase.

Usually there is at least one tweet that says; NEW MAN OF STEEL PHOTO!!!! and I always get excited, heart pumping, blood running only to click and see that it's not a new photo but that 2 months old still with Supes and the army behind him. This of course makes me want to tweet nasty things to the person who just got me excited for nothing but because I'm a nice guy, I don't.

I finnish this with a visit to this forum. This all takes me about 5-10 minutes and I repeat the process about 3-5 times a day, depending on how busy I am.

And yes, every time I do it, disappointment follows. It's like self-inflicted torture. But I kinda like it.
Feels good not being alone and thanks for the tips, i will from now on add your routine into mine......

Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #274
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

You know what my favourite memory of this whole experience will be?

The live reporting of the comic con footage

That was seriously one of the most fantastic experiences of my fan life. I had the report, twitter and this forum on screen and was properly on the edge of my seat, posting every two seconds

*\S/T*
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #275
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Wow I'm pretty much the same, I'm always checking SHH! I am at work right now but I sneak on my phone through out the day just to see if anything new has popped up lol. I don't get why WBs haven't done another viral marketing campaign the one for the trailer was a huge success.

Closed Thread