The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #276
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
Feels good not being alone and thanks for the tips, i will from now on add your routine into mine......
You're welcome, I just hope adding my routine won't drive you crazy! Just remember, we're only 3 months away. It's been 3 months since the trailer! And next month, hopefully, another trailer comes out. We're so close, it's really not worth lossing sleep over at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
You know what my favourite memory of this whole experience will be?

The live reporting of the comic con footage

That was seriously one of the most fantastic experiences of my fan life. I had the report, twitter and this forum on screen and was properly on the edge of my seat, posting every two seconds
Yeah that was an awesome experience. I was on the edge of my seat as well and things went even crazier when the footage leaked. I got my one and only infraction that day, just for mentioning that I saw a bootleg (never posted it), haha.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #277
Fedor
Side-Kick

Smile Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
^^^

Neat.

My morning process involves checking out the SHH homepage and another big site for such news, afterwards I take stroll over to the official MOS FB and Twitter pages to see if anything popped up.

Then I go to google, enter Man of Steel and select results in the last hour, and then the last 24 hours. This is followed by going to twitter and searching Man of Steel for the latest tweets including the phrase.

Usually there is at least one tweet that says; NEW MAN OF STEEL PHOTO!!!! and I always get excited, heart pumping, blood running only to click and see that it's not a new photo but that 2 months old still with Supes and the army behind him. This of course makes me want to tweet nasty things to the person who just got me excited for nothing but because I'm a nice guy, I don't.

I finnish this with a visit to this forum. This all takes me about 5-10 minutes and I repeat the process about 3-5 times a day, depending on how busy I am.

And yes, every time I do it, disappointment follows. It's like self-inflicted torture. But I kinda like it.
Feels good not being alone and thanks for the tips, i will from now on add your routine into mine......

Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #278
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess they are thinking that they either have A, a sure fire hit and dont need to market it hard, or,
B, they are thinking it will just do ok and they dont wanna spend any more money on it than they have to.

It's either one or the other. more than likely it's A, but lack of news makes fans wonder and kills the positive buzz they had built up.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #279
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Yeah that was an awesome experience. I was on the edge of my seat as well and things went even crazier when the footage leaked. I got my one and only infraction that day, just for mentioning that I saw a bootleg (never posted it), haha.
Unlucky! Yeah it was mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I guess they are thinking that they either have A, a sure fire hit and dont need to market it hard, or,
B, they are thinking it will just do ok and they dont wanna spend any more money on it than they have to.

It's either one or the other. more than likely it's A, but lack of news makes fans wonder and kills the positive buzz they had built up.
I think maybe they just don't want to space it out. I think once we DO get new stuff, they'll hit hard and fast.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #280
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

One thing that did interest me was the guy from Game faqs stopped posting his "spoilers" when people started questioning him

Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #281
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
You know what my favourite memory of this whole experience will be?

The live reporting of the comic con footage

That was seriously one of the most fantastic experiences of my fan life. I had the report, twitter and this forum on screen and was properly on the edge of my seat, posting every two seconds
Yeah the buzz around that time was so great, and up until then we still knew so little about how this thing might look. People were far more pessimistic about this film right up until the Comic Con footage.
The viral website countdown was another great time, especially when people worked out how close 'zero' would be, a mere 15 hours.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #282
jensmith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
One thing that did interest me was the guy from Game faqs stopped posting his "spoilers" when people started questioning him
The thread was locked so he couldn't answer anymore questions.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #283
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Yeah the buzz around that time was so great, and up until then we still knew so little about how this thing might look. People were far more pessimistic about this film right up until the Comic Con footage.
The viral website countdown was another great time, especially when people worked out how close 'zero' would be, a mere 15 hours.
I wish the first full trailer had been half as fun. Stupid completely accurate trailer description ruining it

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #284
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post

Does that even make sense? I mean, if they think it's a hit wouldnt they wanna tell the people that even more and not rely on it marketing itself?

Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #285
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

http://hot92and100.com/content/affil...n-steel-modern

"To prepare, Henry watched the box sets, read the comics and made note of the similarities and differences as he went."

Since he said earlier that he didn't watch any live action portrayal for his role, does this mean he watched TAS? That would be awesome.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #286
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensmith View Post
The thread was locked so he couldn't answer anymore questions.
Oh right that's interesting, you'd think if he was telling the truth and WBs stopped the thread you'd think that they would've taken the info down.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #287
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Yeah. The fact that it's still up here is suspicious.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #288
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Now:

When we eventually get our fix:

for BrBa

Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #289
Fedor
Side-Kick

Ninja Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, there has to be a lot more people that went to the screenings....where are they hiding out?

I am planing to go to New York in a couple of weeks. Could someone get these peoples names and addresses? I need to question them..........

Last edited by Fedor; 03-11-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: smiley went wrong
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #290
mohoo
Side-Kick

Trailers are running and posters are up, I think that's more than enough marketing when the film is 3 months away.

As a fan, I look for new stuff every day, but I think it's better if they kept it this way.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #291
Glassjaw
In training

Is the trailer still playing in front of films? I've not been to the cinema in ages.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #292
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I actually saw a poster up at my cinema this morning. When I see stuff like this I get really psyched

Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #293
Fedor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I actually saw a poster up at my cinema this morning. When I see stuff like this I get really psyched
What poster!?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #294
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Are the trailers really running? Because a trailer didn't run before OZ at my screening and we got a short kiddie based fun Star Trek trailer and the new Iron Man trailer.

Surely they are not playing the trailer with Jack the Giant Slayer and not the film that people in the states actually wanted to see that just opened to 80mil?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #295
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Does that even make sense? I mean, if they think it's a hit wouldnt they wanna tell the people that even more and not rely on it marketing itself?
No, it doesn't make sense at all, but this is the same bunch that thought the name ''superman'' would sell SR. That film had decent marketing, but nothing special.
Things should pick up for MOS soon tho, I hope.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #296
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Is the trailer still playing in front of films? I've not been to the cinema in ages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Are the trailers really running? Because a trailer didn't run before OZ at my screening and we got a short kiddie based fun Star Trek trailer and the new Iron Man trailer.

Surely they are not playing the trailer with Jack the Giant Slayer and not the film that people in the states actually wanted to see that just opened to 80mil?
The MoS trailer played during Jack the Giant Slayer over the weekend for me.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #297
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post

do they typically show a trailer that was released back in december with current films?

on a side note i didn't get mos trailer when i saw the hobbit

Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #298
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
do they typically show a trailer that was released back in december with current films?

on a side note i didn't get mos trailer when i saw the hobbit
neither did I. I was so disappointed.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #299
echostation
Banned User

Again. When the same dumbasses who have idiots like jon peters and wasted millions on stupidly developing the dumbest stories and casting choices for potentially brilliant franchises, is there any surprise that these two but dumb****s know how to market a movie that is in serious need of buzz and awareness. One of the few exceptions i can think of is batman but hes one of the fee characters who can sell themselves on name. Superman doesnt have that luxury

A big early on campaign to emphasize the huge scale action and thrilling nature instead of thr borefests of previous films is needed. They really need to push hard. Several people that i know who are film fanatics just have no general sense of the film at all. Theyre much much more in tune with iron man and other releases. Even oblivion

Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #300
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Heard from a few friends that the MOS trailer was played with OZ

Closed Thread