The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #951
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's time to show the world that Superman does have his own gallery of villains that are intimidating and interesting to show on the big screen instead of just the get-rich land scheme version of Lex.
i think this is trying to remind us that in SR we didnt get a new villain. just LL and his old land scheme. the problem is that Zod was in the second superman movie. and Zod in superman 2 was amazing and evil. nothing new in MOS. i have a feeling it will be an entertaining summer movie.

sorry maybe next time

Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #952
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Iron Man Batman cop haha that's a good one infact I thought the same thing

But I'm willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt. Its got a good cast and even though I love the 80s original so much (when they announced a remake I admit I grumbled) ill wait for a trailer before I begin judgement.

Anyway on MOS is it June yet?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #953
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i think this is trying to remind us that in SR we didnt get a new villain. just LL and his old land scheme. the problem is that Zod was in the second superman movie. and Zod in superman 2 was amazing and evil. nothing new in MOS. i have a feeling it will be an entertaining summer movie.

sorry maybe next time
lol; well to be fair, I personally thought that despite Terrence Stamp's great performance as Zod, it was somewhat hampered by the fact that he was being directed by two completely different Directors. All of the clips and scenes involving Zod that was directed by Donner presented him as the menacing villain consistently in my honest opinion.

But yeah, Zod has been used before, but unlike with what Singer did with his Lex when compared to Gene's Lex, it seems like they're adding some new elements to Zod in MOS. Zod possibly having his own robot army, battleship (space weapon), and a battle suit is definitely new, plus the direction of the character will be consistent since it's all under one director's vision this time around.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #954
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I feel if they play up Zod as an anti-hero turned villain, than he can have a more interesting character arc than "the world's ours, let's conquer" character of Superman II.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #955
Project862006
Banned User

and to be honest i do want lex in this franchise he hasn't been done right imo

we need an intimating lex with his Xenophobic personality and hope to see lex on screen based off Lex Luthor: Man of Steel comic

Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #956
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
and to be honest i do want lex in this franchise he hasn't been done right imo

we need an intimating lex with his Xenophobic personality and hope to see lex on screen based off Lex Luthor: Man of Steel comic
Agreed; if used and portrayed right, I wouldn't mind having Lex back as a villain for Superman within this franchise. The only difference is that the filmmakers can't just have Lex as the sole villain of the film and not have a means of challenging Superman in some physical way when it comes to combat.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #957
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Let Lex be a puppet-master. Have the LexCorp building be in a scene for MOS2, with a tease of him in the shadows near the end. In the third and final movie, I want him to be fully shown, but playing the "crime boss" type role like in the TDK trilogy (which generally features two supervillains and one supporting mob boss, who usually gets screwed over.)

The main super-villain and physical opponent can still be here, but Lex can still be an integral part of Superman's world.

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 03-12-2013 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Minor edits
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #958
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Unbelievable...a day later, and yet the remainder of the contents inside the magazine remain a mystery and no hq images...but then again, Warner Bros. really never did release the images of Jor-el and Zod on a official basis online in HQ format.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #959
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I bet you we'll be seeing some good scanned images come Friday.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #960
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I don't think Lex is xenophobic. He's pro-humanity and doesn't believe aliens should dictate mankind's future. He more than welcomes taking their tech.

That's why I think he's the best villian because he's almost not. What makes him a villian really is how far he goes to prove he's right.

If Superman didn't exist, maybe Lex wouldn't be a villain at all.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #961
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERASIA View Post
LOL you guys going to love this. This is from his Facebook.

and Google image search...

Wonder if he knows Spider-Fat?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #962
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I bet you we'll be seeing some good scanned images come Friday.

Too long of a wait for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I don't think Lex is xenophobic. He's pro-humanity and doesn't believe aliens should dictate mankind's future. He more than welcomes taking their tech.

That's why I think he's the best villian because he's almost not. What makes him a villian really is how far he goes to prove he's right.

If Superman didn't exist, maybe Lex wouldn't be a villain at all.
I don't know; I mean hasn't Lex always considered himself to be above everyone else. Even if Superman wasn't around, isn't he the type of person that would put a chain of events into motion that would still put him on the highest of authority?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #963
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
I don't know; I mean hasn't Lex always considered himself to be above everyone else. Even if Superman wasn't around, isn't he the type of person that would put a chain of events into motion that would still put him on the highest of authority?
Is that really evil? It's capitalistic. If Lex is the one who built Metropolis into the City of Tomorrow, he's basically a successful version of Bruce Wayne's parents.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #964
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I have seen Iron Batman Cop. That is all I needed to see.
Does not look like that at all.I like the costume.Lets wait for the movie,to judge.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #965
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Is that really evil? It's capitalistic. If Lex is the one who built Metropolis into the City of Tomorrow, he's basically a successful version of Bruce Wayne's parents.
True, but I'd argue that unlike Bruce Wayne or even his parents, he's one that's willing to cross the line of morality in order to achieve his goals. Now one could say that many people do that, but I think Lex is the type of person that'd go farther than others to achieve his goal.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #966
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
True, but I'd argue that unlike Bruce Wayne or even his parents, he's one that's willing to cross the line of morality in order to achieve his goals. Now one could say that many people do that, but I think Lex is the type of person that'd go farther than others to achieve his goal.
Morality gets tricky because Lex Luthor's goals seem to be about advancing humanity. It's the ends justify the means. He's still working within the system even though he knows how to manipulate it.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #967
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Personally (if we are to get a MOS trilogy) I'd have the second film feature Lex as the main villain but only as someone said above a puppet master so he creates Mettallo or Parasite (why not both) to take on Superman. This one could be more about Superman taking on villains of Earth.

Then in the 3rd one have Brainiac be the villain (Lex can still be part of the film) and have it be the most personal because Brainiac destroyed or was involved in destroying Krypton.

That to me would be a perfect Superman trilogy.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #968
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Morality gets tricky because Lex Luthor's goals seem to be about advancing humanity. It's the ends justify the means. He's still working within the system even though he knows how to manipulate it.
I guess in a way that is true. I mean, I've seen versions of Lex where he was willing to sacrifice most of humanity in order to wheat out on the lifeforms that he viewed as insignificant and weak, thus allowing only the strong and wise to roam around the Earth, with him in charge.

Indeed, one thing that can be agreed on by most is that there are many interesting sides to Lex's character that have yet to be fully shown on the big screen and that would be very compelling to watch, especially if it's played by the right actor.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #969
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
the problem is that Zod was in the second superman movie. and Zod in superman 2 was amazing and evil. nothing new in MOS.
Like pretty much everything in the “Krypton sequence” of STM, I thought Stamp as Zod was excellent. Arguably, his speechifying was a tad over-the-top; but this "Shakespearean approach" worked quite well within the overall mythic tone of the sequence. By SII, however, Zod was fairly one-dimensional - cartoony “evil” and not particularly amazing. So as long as MOS doesn’t make that mistake, I don’t think there’ll be much of a “meh, seen this before” reaction.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #970
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, if anything, MOS may just join the ranks of TDK when it comes to further proving the belief that films can use characters that have been portrayed and shown in previous films, but in new (and possibly better) ways.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #971
JOE

3 months and all of our questions will be answered.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Man of Steel: 5

Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #972
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:

sorry maybe next time
I'm not worried about Zod being in a movie again. I feel he will be better utilized in this film, especially in the hands of such capable storytellers as Nolan and Goyer.

He is the perfect villain for an origin story.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #973
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I wonder if we should expect another strange "person" on the web to clog up days where we get new photos and materials after a long dry spell period. Today, it was this Asim dude...before you know it, we'll be dealing with fake personas that claim to have a bootleg dvd quality copy of MOS before its even in theaters.haha

Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #974
Project862006
Banned User

Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #975
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Great! NOW GIVE US HQ STILLS OF THE ONES INSIDE THE MAGAZINE PLEASE! lol

Closed Thread