The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #151
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Oh really.
You're doing it wrong.

That's better.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #152
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Im hoping if zod cant fly (yet) its because he hasnt been on earth long enough for all his powers to develop yet.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #153
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Love that Owl movie.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #154
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
i hate 3d
I love 3D

Especially when you have it home.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #155
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I'm indifferent to 3D. I don't hate it, but I don't like it enough to pay extra money for a ticket. It's really not that great of an experience. It was cool when I was 12, but now? Not so much.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #156
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

I just don't understand how all the 3D-ish effects in the world can make up for a really dark picture that makes it look like there's a layer of soot on the screen.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #157
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

The glasses are annoying for people who already wear glasses.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #158
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I hate 3D, when a screening is in 3D I cringe.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #159
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
The glasses are annoying for people who already wear glasses.
My 3D glasses fit over my normal glasses just fine. I have thick rimmed glasses and there are no problems with it.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #160
geetard
The Amazon Smile

My IMAX theater hands out 3D glasses with two different frames: one for people who wear eyeglasses, another for those who don't.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #161
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
My 3D glasses fit over my normal glasses just fine. I have thick rimmed glasses and there are no problems with it.
It's not uncomfortable; just annoying. But since I hardly ever see 3D movies, it's not a big deal. I'd be a lot more willing to fork over the extra cash for them, however, if it wasn't necessary to use the glasses to achieve the desired effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
My IMAX theater hands out 3D glasses with two different frames: one for people who wear eyeglasses, another for those who don't.
Really? I didn't know that was even a thing. That's cool of them.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #162
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I hate 3D, when a screening is in 3D I cringe.
I Agree.
I just Saw Oz, The Great And Powerful in 2D.
Very good movie .

Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #163
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Alright here's my hackneyed fan pitch for World's Finest in 2018 following MOS2 in 2016. The only thing that it will need in place from MOS2 is the introduction of Kryptonite and Lex Luthor as essentially the billionaire industrialist/weapons builder.

It starts with Bruce (Christian Bale) back in Gotham City (not publicly) from his retirement as John Blake has gone missing. So he is working covertly at night (not as Batman) stealthily following leads for Blake's disappearance. Luthor (a weapons contractor) is meeting with Lucious Fox for a joint venture in developing mechanized infantry.

Joker is back in town (their will be an aura of mystery and controversy surrounding this both in and outside of the story of course regarding Heath Ledgers death and also in that Joker has been 'dead' in the film world for years). And he meets and is intrigued by Lex Luthor delighted by his hatred of Supeman. He proposes that he can kill Superman whilst keeping Luthors name and image clean. This is seemingly the Joker by the way but at the same time different. Similar face, shorter hair, slightly different mannerisms (all will be explained).

Superman is brought to Gotham and is led into a trap in some industrial district where Luthor has some nuclear-powered proto-mechs waiting. Joker gleefully has a Kryptonite knife and stabs Supes whilst he is recovering from the mechs fire. Bruce who has been led to the area by the leads he's been following is able to get to Superman in time and safely carry him to safety and drive him to one of his underground bunkers.

It's here where Clark and Bruce first talk. Bruce saying how much Clark has changed things etc etc. And he gets the Batman suit to rise from the floor. He witnessed Joker (who still haunts him) during the last scene and that's the only person who could get him to return to the mantle.

The Wayne/Lexcorp deal goes through citing the Metropolis Kryptonian Invasion as the reason for humankind to be greater prepared. It sets the stage for Superman and Batman working together to face these giant mechs (think those mechs in that animated Batman/Superman World's Finest episodes, clearly a main inspiration here).

Superman deals with this mechanized army whilst Batman tries to find the Joker. He does and the big reveal is that this new Joker is actually John Blake who has been drugged and mutilated (this is entirely similar to what happened to Tim Drake in Batman Beyond, and also Dick Grayson in TDKSA, so 2 other precedents for 2 different Robins in the comics). Batman and Joker/Robin/Blake fight with Blake eventually being overwhelmed by his own decaying physical state. We have a scene similar to Death in the Family of Batman holding his 'Robin'.

Ending scene with Superman trying to appeal to and comfort the dismayed Bruce. But all his mental defences come up again and he becomes the Batman we know and love for how he handles pain. The 2 shake and depart separate ways (with a cool takeoff scene of Supes doing his fist to the ground particles rising up and Batman in the Bat with the propellor blades sending smoke and dust everywhere) Superman flies off into the distance where this is a glimmer of sunrise on the horizon. Batman flies in a different direction towards his city back into the night.

WORLD'S FINEST

So what has this accomplished. Well for one it's not a drama-lite Avengers type team-up film but once again emotional and character driven. The most important thing for me is it fixes the ending of TDKR. I'm sorry but Bruce should never have a happy ending. That's whats so great about the character. He is always fighting his own demons. It inevitably never ends for him. But he never stops fighting. That's why we root for him. The ending of TDK is far better because it got this right. (but then the entire sentiment of this was then reversed and ruined in TDKR - 8 year absence what).

About the whole JGL-Ledger thing. Well for 1 JGL and Ledger were buds and I think JGL would think Ledger would have loved for him to follow him up. Plus with the ambiguity surrounding the character and it ultimately revealing to be a new Joker it doesn't mean JGL is necessarily replacing Ledger. Plus how similar they actually look will help with the ambiguity. Just google image search 'joseph gordon levitt heath ledger'.

Directed by Christopher Nolan with visual effects director Zack Snyder.

Obviously I just made most of this up as it's pretty rough. The only things I had in my head was adapting the death of Robin from the comics and Robin turning into the Joker (also from the comics). Plus Cavill's Supes and Bale's Bats interacting in the underground bunker from TDK. I can actually picture this. The realistic tone aimed for from the MOS trailer helps. Plus I think we give the TDK too much credit for being realistic. Let's admit it's pretty comicbooky too. I think it's possible they could merge these franchises.

Anyways rip it to shreds guys!

Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #164
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I think what you have is pretty interesting. I'd love to see you expand on it and go into more detail. The only thing I disagree with you about is Bruce getting a happy ending. I think he deserves one, but that's only because I dislike unhappy endings in general.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #165
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Regarding 3D, there's some good 3D out there and some nonexistent or terrible 3D. Today was a perfect example, I saw Oz in 3D and it was so incredible, they did a damn good job keeping you invested in the depth and feel of it and I saw Jack the Giant Slayer in 3D and that was so nonexistent and wasteful.

That being said I saw the MoS trailer in 3D with Jack the Giant Slayer and It looks good.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #166
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Regarding 3D, there's some good 3D out there and some nonexistent or terrible 3D. Today was a perfect example, I saw Oz in 3D and it was so incredible, they did a damn good job keeping you invested in the depth and feel of it and I saw Jack the Giant Slayer in 3D and that was so nonexistent and wasteful.

That being said I saw the MoS trailer in 3D with Jack the Giant Slayer and It looks good.
Word it looks like a good conversion.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #167
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I think what you have is pretty interesting. I'd love to see you expand on it and go into more detail. The only thing I disagree with you about is Bruce getting a happy ending. I think he deserves one, but that's only because I dislike unhappy endings in general.
Thanks! I know what you mean about happy v unhappy endings. I think what I mean is more the visual of Batman just going on to face the inevitable tide head on again. There is no end to this eternal war he's in. There's something much more cool and dark about this. I think Mask of the Phantasm and TDK (minus what TDKR did to this) got the endings completely on note.

On the 3D thing. I saw the 3D trailer with the Hobbit and I wasn't impressed to be honest. Especially with the nature shots. Just looked wrong IMO.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #168
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Thanks!
No problem! I especially love the Robin/Joker twist. Wasn't expecting that at all!

Quote:
I know what you mean about happy v unhappy endings. I think what I mean is more the visual of Batman just going on to face the inevitable tide head on again. There is no end to this eternal war he's in. There's something much more cool and dark about this. I think Mask of the Phantasm and TDK (minus what TDKR did to this) got the endings completely on note.
I definitely understand where you're coming from. I like those endings as well. However, my preference is for the hero to continue their battle with an optimistic view of the future. But that's just me. Luckily, I am not unable to appreciate other interpretations.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #169
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Word it looks like a good conversion.
I can't wait to see it in theater to be sure, but I absolutely CANNOT wait for the 3D Blu Ray later this year (feels weird to say that). I just might have to buy two copies, because I know that I'm going to wear one out.

I wish that I could invite you guys over to my place so that we can all watch it together. lol

Old 03-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #170
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I can't wait to see it in theater to be sure, but I absolutely CANNOT wait for the 3D Blu Ray later this year (feels weird to say that). I just might have to buy two copies, because I know that I'm going to wear one out.

I wish that I could invite you guys over to my place so that we can all watch it together. lol
That would be badass. Isn't there a way to do that through Netflix or Skype or something. We grab a group of people and all watch it together.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #171
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
That would be badass. Isn't there a way to do that through Netflix or Skype or something. We grab a group of people and all watch it together.
Well once upon a time, you used to be able to do that through the XBOX 360 and Netflix, but that has since been done away with. I do remember with The Dark Knight blu ray, you could do something like a "community screening" by using the BD Live feature. Although I never tried it out. Seriously though, we should look into finding a way to do a SHH Screening once the Blu Ray comes out. We have plenty of time between now and then to try and figure it out. What do you think?

Does anyone else in here have any suggestions as to how we could accomplish this? What a grand time that would be!

Old 03-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #172
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I hate 3D, I don't mind when a film is in 3D but when they don't give you the 2D option it annoys the hell out of me. You get overcharged for a gimmick that adds nothing to the experience for me. Also is it just me or does anyone else feel when you watch 3D after about 10 minutes you stop noticing the 3D?!

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #173
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Love that Owl movie.

Same here

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #174
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
and i don't think marvel has ever had a good score in any of there movies ...x1 and 2 were the only i can even think how they go
Agreed, but i do like the Elfman Spider-man theme, and some parts of the Thor score and the avengers credit music are all good, but Marvel aren't too great at cranking out a great score. I have a feeling MoS will have a good one. (how could it not with Zimmer at the helm?)

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #175
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Just curious with all of this talk about 3D, will some of you see MOS In IMax 3D or just Imax?
right now, Just Imax or 2D , not too many Imax theatres near me .

Closed Thread