The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you think the Republican Party needs to evolve and become more inclusive?
Yes 48 84.21%
No 6 10.53%
I'm not sure 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #401
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
The amount of righteous indignation over this "scandal" (they changed the talking points TWELVE TIMES in a 24-hour period!!!) as compared to the near-complete lack of any sort of resistance or intellectual activity from the Right in regards to the false wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...makes me more than a little skeptical.
Yeah, that.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #402
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Ditto. I've yet to see any link to the President that would even justify impeachment. I do see a political party who sees impeachment as a remedy to election results they don't like.
And Democrats have called for Bush's impeachment several times beforehand as well to remedy election results they didn't like. Just because certain members have tried to go for it, doesn't mean that it will be allowed to happen.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #403
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

To be fair though, Obama never took the country to war on bad intelligence.

He should have resigned after that. If a sex scandal is grounds for resignation (and I think you could certainly argue that), then gross incompetence (which resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans) should be as well. And that's without getting into the alleged war crimes, and other shady stuff that went on.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #404
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

He should have resigned after that. If a sex scandal is grounds for resignation (and I think you could certainly argue that), then gross incompetence (which resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans) should be as well. And that's without getting into the alleged war crimes, and other shady stuff that went on.
Sex Scandal is not what did Clinton in....not being truthful about said sex scandal under oath is what did him in.

So, theeeeeeeeen, should we have impeached Clinton for bombing the Chinese Embassy when we thought we were bombing the Serbs Communication Center....but because of bad intelligence and wrong maps we bombed and killed people in the Chinese Embassy?

Look, I'm not taking up for Bush as far as the Iraq War, I didn't want us to go into that war, I have lost far too many ex-students because of that war. I'm teaching in a school named after one of them...so that war is on my mind CONSTANTLY. I hated it, but I don't think he should have been impeached for it, nor do I think that Obama should be impeached over Benghazi. I just want the damn question of "who was the one that made the call to stand down" and since that is a call that has to come from the top????? Well, someone needs to tell the truth. That is all I'm wanting.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #405
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

But can you really compare one isolated event to a full-scale invasion that was planned out for months by the highest levels of the administration? I doubt Clinton had any direct role in that. Now, that bombing of the medicine factory in North Sudan? Yeah, that I can see. Compared to that, what is a sex scandal? Course, no one gives a damn about the Sudan.

But then I believe he should have resigned after doing absolutely nothing to stop the Rwandan genocide. Well, you can't impeach a man for that, but that was a disgrace.

But I digress. I'm not advocating the Japanese model, where the country goes through leaders like CNN goes through serial killers, but if starting a war on bad intelligence (and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on that) isn't a fireable offense, what is?

Old 05-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #406
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
But can you really compare one isolated event to a full-scale invasion that was planned out for months by the highest levels of the administration? I doubt Clinton had any direct role in that. Now, that bombing of the medicine factory in North Sudan? Yeah, that I can see. Compared to that, what is a sex scandal? Course, no one gives a damn about the Sudan.

But then I believe he should have resigned after doing absolutely nothing to stop the Rwandan genocide. Well, you can't impeach a man for that, but that was a disgrace.

But I digress. I'm not advocating the Japanese model, where the country goes through leaders like CNN goes through serial killers, but if starting a war on bad intelligence (and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on that) isn't a fireable offense, what is?
China does...

As far as Clinton, hmmmmmmmm....not taking Bin Laden when the Sudanese government was ready to hand him over....THAT is what I blame Clinton for...but damn my stocks were doing well when he was in office. But I digress....

And I don't think I'm comparing them as equals, simply using it as an example that we get bad intelligence, and at the time, everyone the British, the Arabs, US (dems and repubs.) thought it was good intelligence. And I'm still not sure that they (WMDs) weren't at one time in Iraq, my fear is that some are now in Syria. (BUT I DO NOT WANT TO GO INTO SYRIA, LET ME STATE THAT RIGHT NOW). I don't blame Bush for going with faulty intelligence, I fault him with STAYING after we found that it was faulty intelligence. AND the fact that he was finishing what his Dad started, I fault him for that as well...

Last edited by Kelly; 05-13-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #407
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Looks like Chris Christie is polling pretty well, according to Public Policy Polling.

40% favorable with Democrats nationally.
70% approval rating in New Jersey, with a 63% re-elect rating.
He has majority approval from Republicans, Democrats, Independents, men, women, and state employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #408
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Well he's "officially" running now.

He could actually win. But it's really up to the Tea Party.

And to a lesser extent, the Democratic Party.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #409
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
And Democrats have called for Bush's impeachment several times beforehand as well to remedy election results they didn't like. Just because certain members have tried to go for it, doesn't mean that it will be allowed to happen.
And Republicans actually impeached Clinton because they couldn't except election results. Now, we can talk about Bush and the warrentless wiretapping , and everything that led up to Iraq ,if you want to compare calls for Impeachment by Democrats to calls for Impeachment for Clinton and Obama.

That said , you're correct in stating that just because certain members have tried doesn't mean it will happen. But that wasn't what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the fact that these Republicans at least can't seem to except the outcomes of elections they can't win .

Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #410
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Essentially a 4-way tie between Republicans for 2016 (Rubio, Christie, Bush, Paul) while Clinton leads Dems.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...eads-dems.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #411
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Essentially a 4-way tie between Republicans for 2016 (Rubio, Christie, Bush, Paul) while Clinton leads Dems.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...eads-dems.html

Hmmmm....I would rather Bush take the Secretary of Education position....

A Christie/Rubio ticket would be interesting...not sure who I would put with Clinton...

Old 05-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #412
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

I still think Mark Warner would be good on a Hillary ticket.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #413
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
But can you really compare one isolated event to a full-scale invasion that was planned out for months by the highest levels of the administration?
I'm with Thundercrack on this.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #414
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I'm with Thundercrack on this.
My answer to Thunder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
And I don't think I'm comparing them as equals, simply using it as an example that we get bad intelligence, and at the time, everyone the British, the Arabs, US (dems and repubs.) thought it was good intelligence. And I'm still not sure that they (WMDs) weren't at one time in Iraq, my fear is that some are now in Syria. (BUT I DO NOT WANT TO GO INTO SYRIA, LET ME STATE THAT RIGHT NOW). I don't blame Bush for going with faulty intelligence, I fault him with STAYING after we found that it was faulty intelligence. AND the fact that he was finishing what his Dad started, I fault him for that as well...

Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #415
SV Fan
Side-Kick

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...zi-poll-051513

Quote:
I hope every cable teevee haircut who plans to ride the Benghazi, Benghazi!, BENGHAZI! train to riches and fame and glory does the same thing because this is the best result in a poll in the history of results from polls. Forty-one percent of Republicans polled believe that this is the biggest political scandal in American history. (And roasting on adjoining spits in hell, John Mitchell, Harry Daugherty, and the members of the Whiskey Ring have a collective sad.) But that's not the truly golden part. That would be this, as PPP shows a gift for deadpan comedy I had not anticipated:
One interesting thing about the voters who think Benghazi is the biggest political scandal in American history is that 39% of them don't actually know where it is. 10% think it's in Egypt, 9% in Iran, 6% in Cuba, 5% in Syria, 4% in Iraq, and 1% each in North Korea and Liberia with 4% not willing to venture a guess.
Cuba? Really? That's classic.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #416
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
And Republicans actually impeached Clinton because they couldn't except election results. Now, we can talk about Bush and the warrentless wiretapping , and everything that led up to Iraq ,if you want to compare calls for Impeachment by Democrats to calls for Impeachment for Clinton and Obama.
Except Clinton was actually caught breaking the law. The Democrats use of revisionist history like to think that he got impeached for getting a blow job in the Oval Office, but the reality is that perjury is still against the law, even if circumstances surrounding it are total ********.

As for Bush, the warrantless wiretapping was essentially approved by the PATRIOT Act and he didn't lie about Iraq. Intelligence wasn't doctored and most intelligence agencies in the world came to the same conclusions of the United States' intelligence. If you're going to criticize Bush for Iraq, criticize things that actually did happen like the bad planning that automatically assumed that we'd be loved there after overthrowing Saddam. However being a ****** President isn't an impeachable offense.

Quote:
That said , you're correct in stating that just because certain members have tried doesn't mean it will happen. But that wasn't what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the fact that these Republicans at least can't seem to except the outcomes of elections they can't win .
Democrats are the same way. In order to secure her leadership position, Democratic brass had to force Pelosi to back down on her desires to impeach Bush. And there have been times when Democrats introduced articles of impeachment. Again, revisionist history thinking that one is worse than the other when the reality is that they're both scum.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #417
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Perjury was the impeachable offense, not the sex scandal. Clinton shouldn't have lied under oath. Gross incompetence on the other hand, is not a crime.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #418
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Do they ever give up.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/1...n-to-the-core/

Quote:
Former Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan (R-WI) on Sunday used the news that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had scrutinized tea party groups to slam the agency’s connection to President Barack Obama’s heath care reform law.
So basically they will use the IRS Scandal to try repeal Obamacare for the 38th time now I assume(basically taking a Scandal for nothing more then political positioning) which in the end will please the base and probably lose them some credibility with everybody else.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #419
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Do they ever give up.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/1...n-to-the-core/

So basically they will use the IRS Scandal to try repeal Obamacare for the 38th time now I assume(basically taking a Scandal for nothing more then political positioning) which in the end will please the base and probably lose them some credibility with everybody else.
Well, the administration did that to themselves by putting the same woman in charge of the IRS crap in charge of Obamacare at the IRS....had they just fired her ass this would be a non-issue. They did it to themselves....stupid, stupid, stupid move on the part of the administration. There would be soooooooooo much less for the repubs to latch on to had they just fired the woman. Which they should have....

Here's a little conspiracy theory to think about....she got that job to keep her mouth shut. hmmm...... because she didn't get it because of the fantastic work she did in her last job with the IRS. Oh ****, yeah....it does look bad to just pull out those groups with Tea Party in their name, what other Conservative groups can we pull out to make it look more legit. *major eye roll* JUST STUUUUUUUUUUPID....

I don't feel sorry for this administration at all, what would have probably been small crap (just put out the first talking points on Benghazi, why did you water it down?), Fire the woman's ass in the IRS Scandal, and fire the guy totally in charge, TODAY...not on the day that he leaves anyway....and then the AP stuff, who the hell knows what happened then. And then somebody tell the damn President what the **** is going on so he doesn't look like a total idiot in press conferences....oh yeah, and bring the Attorney General into that meeting as well. They've brought it on themselves. The Republicans would have nothing, if they would just get their heads out of their asses and think first.

Last edited by Kelly; 05-19-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #420
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well, the administration did that to themselves by putting the same woman in charge of the IRS crap in charge of Obamacare at the IRS....had they just fired her ass this would be a non-issue. They did it to themselves....stupid, stupid, stupid move on the part of the administration. There would be soooooooooo much less for the repubs to latch on to had they just fired the woman. Which they should have....
I think the more then make the IRS scandal about repealing Obamacare(when most people realize it won't happen) I think the worse they look to an average voter. The only way making the IRS Scandal about repealing Obamacare helps the Republicans is driving the turnout(which for the sake of argument helps in midterm elections so it's not super crazy it just has a chance to backfire and the possibility of losing credibility with independent voters)

Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #421
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I think the more then make the IRS scandal about repealing Obamacare(when most people realize it won't happen) I think the worse they look to an average voter. The only way making the IRS Scandal about repealing Obamacare helps the Republicans is driving the turnout(which for the sake of argument helps in midterm elections so it's not super crazy it just has a chance to backfire and the possibility of losing credibility with independent voters)
Well, its kind of ironic isn't it....

The Democrats kept all of these quiet or changed the story (becasuse people (the administration) did know about the IRS thing and Benghazi) during the election to keep it as low key as possible....and now the Republicans are shouting about them from roof tops to skew the next elections.

Politics is amazing ain't it.....?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #422
SV Fan
Side-Kick

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...set-91701.html

Quote:
Key Republicans: No offsets for Oklahoma

After GOP-on-GOP warfare dominated the congressional response to Hurricane Sandy, several top House and Senate Republicans were emphatic Tuesday that they won’t insist on corresponding budget cuts if Congress needs to move quickly on Oklahoma.

“Finding some way to offset is not the priority,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of Senate GOP leadership who opposed the $50.5 billion Sandy aid package at the beginning of the year. “Meeting the known and immediate needs as quickly as possible is the priority.”

The calls for swift funding from Congress comes as a key Oklahoma Republican, Sen. Tom Coburn, is renewing his long-standing call that any disaster relief funds should be fully offset, potentially putting him in the awkward spot of opposing an emergency aid package for his home state. The concern among conservatives like Coburn is that Congress continually doles out billions in funding, often labeling it as “emergency” spending, and does little in the aftermath to clean up the skyrocketing national debt.
Several lawmakers and federal officials said Tuesday that new funding for Oklahoma may not even be necessary in the short term if the Federal Emergency Management Agency does not exhaust its reserves, now totaling $11.6 billion.

But part of that money is also budgeted for future storm relief, so if the upcoming hurricane season depletes FEMA’s reserves, it could subsequently force the Obama administration to make a new request for other hardhit parts of the country as well as the rebuilding of the Oklahoma City suburbs.

House Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers (R-Ky.) said if additional money is needed beyond the $11.6 billion, it shouldn’t be offset with spending cuts.
Hopefully Republicans who were tough on Sandy are tough when it comes to a Red State, especially ones from Oklahoma. I guess we will soon see who believes what they were saying for Sandy and who is a complete hypocrite.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #423
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Lightbulb Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XV

UPDATE: TRUMP TO RUN AGAIN IN 2016?
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...for-president/

...looks like another desperate cry for attention. He really needs to stick to his business and tv show.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #424
SV Fan
Side-Kick

It's a sad day for political comedians

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...t-in-2014?lite

Quote:
Michele Bachmann: I'm quitting my House seat in 2014
MY guess is she takes up lobbying

Old 05-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #425
dnno1
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's either that or she starts up a PAC. We will see.