The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you think the Republican Party needs to evolve and become more inclusive?
Yes 48 84.21%
No 6 10.53%
I'm not sure 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #101
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
But when you say things like how the Federal Government shouldn't have ended slavery or have a Barry Goldwater styled opposition to the Civil Rights Act, you pretty much lose Democrats that would support Ron.
Not like they had them in the first place but you win over a bunch of war hating marijuana loving young 'uns.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #102
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Back to the Bachmann video for whatever reason when I see it I think of this scene in Seinfeld. The tone in her voice is similar

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ETA: Can't find a working link that will allow me to embed so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTsTFTIvwJw

Old 03-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #103
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

One of many epic Seinfeld scenes.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #104
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Congressional Ethics Probe Adds to Michele Bachmann’s Political Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #105
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Meh, looks like the normal politics are going on.....she'll get a hand slap if she did anything wrong. And they will use it in the next campaign for her re-election.

Election campaign these days are not about facts, negative or positive....they are about alleged facts, negative or positive...

Doesn't matter now if she did anything wrong or not....her campaign barely pulled out a win this time, with this, she is out next time around.

Well....hopefully whoever takes her place does a better job....

Meh....politics....

Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #106
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well....hopefully whoever takes her place does a better job....
Bachmann runs in a heavily Republican district so given it's an off year(ie less people vote) she has a good chance of winning again. She won the last election by about 4000 votes(350k total between both candidates) which was rather close given the district but as I said with less voters voting chances are better for her to squeak out another win.

Personally if I am the Republican party I do everything to try push her to get fined, if I am the Democrat party I try and keep her and give her a slap on the wrist(since she has the double bonus of making an unwinable district winnable plus the amount of highlights she gives to trash the Republican party). lol

Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #107
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
It wouldn't really have made any difference that time around, since McCain lost rather badly. An independent Romney would have just siphoned away more votes, giving Obama an even bigger lead.

Now if Hillary had run as an independent (which she didn't do, presumably in return for her current job, and so McCain wouldn't win the election), Obama could and probably would have lost to McCain.

Really, you don't have to worry about the runner up going independent (the winner will usually give them a decent job in return for fealty). You have to worry about the angry, disenfranchised people, like the libertarians. If the Republican party keeps shafting them, they will run a dark horse candidate, who will get 5-10% of the vote, basically handing the election over to the Democratic party.

So expect the Republicans to toss the libertarians a bone (which some say they already are, with their treatment of Rand Paul).
my man mitt romney really won in 2012 but it was stolen from him now in 2016 i like rand paul a lot but i prefer marco rubio .

Last edited by snyderrocks; 03-26-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #108
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Stolen from him by what? Reality?

Old 03-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #109
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

How did the election get stolen from Romney. From my recollection, Romney was a terrible candidate and by the time he was righting the ship by having Tag and Ann Romney take control of his campaign, it was too little, too late.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #110
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
Stolen from him by what? Reality?
the reality was that obama won 100 percent in Philly and other places when obama's election day voter turnout was lower then it was in the 2008 election we could have those voter id's on november 6th 2012.

Last edited by snyderrocks; 03-27-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #111
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
How did the election get stolen from Romney. From my recollection, Romney was a terrible candidate and by the time he was righting the ship by having Tag and Ann Romney take control of his campaign, it was too little, too late.
nobody called mitt romney a bad candidate in 2008 , 1994 , 2002 and no hippie in 2012 he faced terrible candidate's like perry , cain ect mitt was never terrible the media were since they spent most of the time attacking his faith , calling him a racist out of touch rich guy and comparing him to bush instead of doing their job candy crowley even went as far as to lie for obama in the second debate .

Last edited by snyderrocks; 03-27-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #112
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
nobody called mitt romney a bad candidate in 2008 , 1994 , 2002 and no hippie in 2012 he faced terrible candidate's like perry , cain ect mitt was never terrible the media were since they spent most of the time attacking his faith , calling him a racist out of touch rich guy and comparing him to to bush instead of doing their job .
I won't deny the double standard that much of the media (particularly MSNBC) gave to Romney. But the fact is pretty clear that the Romney campaign organization was a complete and utter joke (bad polling, bad strategies, etc) and Romney himself often put his foot in his mouth. The Obama campaign on the other hand was a very well oiled machine. Also Mitt has been called a bad candidate many times back in 2008 and 1994. His 1994 Senate campaign was plagued with a lot of the image problems that his 2008 and 2012 campaigns had.

As for your Philadelphia comment, if you look at how some of the precincts are designed, it gives a perfectly rational explanation as to how Obama managed to get 100% of the vote in certain precincts. One precinct was 94% African-American (a group in which Obama got over 90% of the vote) and had only 12 registered Republicans. A lot of precincts in New York City, Philadelphia, Cleveland, etc. are like that. It's also very easy for the Democratic machine in cities like Philadelphia, Rochester, and whatnot to just knock on the door and get people to vote for their candidates. There are a lot of reasons that go beyond voter fraud.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #113
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I don't know, doesn't losing the nomination that many times imply you may not be the best candidate?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #114
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I don't know, doesn't losing the nomination that many times imply you may not be the best candidate?
He only lost the nomination once. The other elections snyderrocks is referring to are his unsuccessful Senate bid in 1994 and his successful gubernatorial bid in 2002. Although considering how he had trouble fending off jokes like Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich in his successful 2012 primary bid, should kinda imply that he was not the best candidate.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #115
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
He only lost the nomination once. The other elections snyderrocks is referring to are his unsuccessful Senate bid in 1994 and his successful gubernatorial bid in 2002. Although considering how he had trouble fending off jokes like Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich in his successful 2012 primary bid, should kinda imply that he was not the best candidate.
hillary and obama had a dog fight primary in 2008 but nothing affected the obama biden ticket but when romney and rick who earned the anti mormon vote went back and forth until mitt drove rick out of the race because romney was going to win rick's home state pa .

Old 03-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #116
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
I won't deny the double standard that much of the media (particularly MSNBC) gave to Romney. But the fact is pretty clear that the Romney campaign organization was a complete and utter joke (bad polling, bad strategies, etc) and Romney himself often put his foot in his mouth. The Obama campaign on the other hand was a very well oiled machine. Also Mitt has been called a bad candidate many times back in 2008 and 1994. His 1994 Senate campaign was plagued with a lot of the image problems that his 2008 and 2012 campaigns had.

As for your Philadelphia comment, if you look at how some of the precincts are designed, it gives a perfectly rational explanation as to how Obama managed to get 100% of the vote in certain precincts. One precinct was 94% African-American (a group in which Obama got over 90% of the vote) and had only 12 registered Republicans. A lot of precincts in New York City, Philadelphia, Cleveland, etc. are like that. It's also very easy for the Democratic machine in cities like Philadelphia, Rochester, and whatnot to just knock on the door and get people to vote for their candidates. There are a lot of reasons that go beyond voter fraud.
how does anyone know if those people were even registered voters at all ? i have never heard of anyone getting 100 percent in precincts outside of the primary's it is just odd just like how romney won N.C but lost every other battle ground state .

Old 03-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #117
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
how does anyone know if those people were even registered voters at all ? i have never heard of anyone getting 100 percent in precincts outside of the primary's it is just odd just like how romney won N.C but lost every other battle ground state .
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...0_percent.html

Quote:
There is a common thread: a total lack of evidence that any fraud occurred. Let’s start in Cleveland, where bloggers have been writing about more than 100 precincts where Obama won at least 99 percent of the vote and 16 precincts where Mitt Romney won no votes at all. “How in the world did this happen?” asked an anonymous author at YoloHub. “Third world dictators don’t even get 99 percent of the vote.”

But black Democrats do, sometimes, get 99 percent or more of the vote in black precincts. In 2008, Obama actually pitched a shutout in 18 Cuyahoga County precincts. And you would expect him to. In 2008, Obama won 97 percent of the black vote in Ohio. In 2012, it was 96 percent. In Pennsylvania this year, he won 93 percent of the black vote and 80 percent of the Hispanic vote. This was why Obama could clean up in precincts that are almost entirely black or Hispanic.

There are places where Obama won less than 10 percent of the vote. In King County, Texas, he won exactly five votes to Romney’s 135. But nowhere was Obama’s loss among white voters as stark as Romney’s loss among urban blacks.

Why process that information and assume—immediately—that the cause was fraud? Republicans made no serious effort to peel urban black votes away from the Democrats. In Pennsylvania, Romney’s final (and only) ad buy was an appeal to voters worried about coal jobs, something literally zero Philadelphia black voters might care about.

When the Obama campaign responded to that ad buy, it targeted Philly with a more specific ad: “537 votes.” In it, a series of grim images replayed the 2000 election and the Florida count. In one frame, a sea of black protesters—some with NAACP gear—held “Count Every Vote” signs. I saw this ad in south Florida, too. It was used in places with lots of potential black voters, and lots of anger at voting restrictions that had been passed by Republicans and held up in court.
Quote:
mitt was never terrible the media were since they spent most of the time attacking his faith
Actually for the most part other then a couple way out places(say like Comedian Bill Maher who will find any reason to attack all religions) Mitt's faith wasn't touched upon and left alone. Most the time I did see it brought up it was in the sense how would Evangelicals take to him in the Republican primary. Now Obama on the other hand, depending on what day of the week it was he was either a Muslim or Secular Atheist if you go by the right wing blog world.

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-27-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #118
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Stolen from Mitt-made a living taking over companies and laying off their workers-Romney? This is gonna be good.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #119
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:

Sir, I have you know that Rick and Newt--hahahahaha...ok, they are jokes.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #120
SV Fan
Side-Kick

I am guessing next you will tell us about that scary Black Panther dude sitting outside a polling station intimidating people(Fox's favorite story on Election day with "breaking news"). Here is the truth of that story. basically he is standing outside a old age home in a heavily black district so if he is their to try put fear into people, it would be Democrats. The polling station gets roughly 600 votes every election.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

How scary he opens the door for the old lady(58 seconds in)

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...christmas-gift

Quote:
The Panthers are so stupid that they deployed to the same site they hit in 2008: The 4th district of Philadelphia's 14th ward. Very few of the people who hyperventilate about this story have been to the polling place and check out its vote. I have. The precinct, located in a retirement home, gave 596 votes to Barack Obama in 2008. It gave 13 votes to John McCain. Four years earlier, it had given 24 votes to George W. Bush. It's a heavily black, Democratic area, which is why — four years after the first Fox freakout — no one has ever emerged to say he or she wanted to vote but was suppressed by the Panthers. And hell, in 2008, the Panthers had nightsticks. There's one guy now, armed with nothing.

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-27-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:16 AM   #121
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Sir, I have you know that Rick and Newt--hahahahaha...ok, they are jokes.
EDIT: Wrong link, one sec.

EDIT 2: Here.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-27-2013, 02:39 AM   #122
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
EDIT: Wrong link, one sec.

EDIT 2: Here.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

fixed it 4 ya in quote.

uh-huh, then I watched the Bachmann clip. She is hot. she in her 50's. Bro...I don't care.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #123
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
fixed it 4 ya in quote.

uh-huh, then I watched the Bachmann clip. She is hot. she in her 50's. Bro...I don't care.
Thank you!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #124
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Thank you!

Yep. All u paste in the YT thing is the letters after the = sign.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #125
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep. All u paste in the YT thing is the letters after the = sign.
I'll remember that for next time, thank you very much.

Closed Thread