The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 03-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #76
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 9

Lieutenant and Sergeant Marvel?! That's actually pretty clever.

It's a crime that Weisman and Vietti are not getting a go at Captain Marvel stuff.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #77
glass-robot
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
at least we got more of it than of "SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN". And lastly, a sign I liked an episode is when I seem to dissect every detail and my episode reviews become like small novels - those who remember the 2k3 TMNT forum should be used to it.
Well Young justice had the average run of 46 episodes just 6 episodes less then Static Shocks 52 episodes.

The Spectacular Spider-Man only got 26 episodes.

glass-robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #78
Sarcastic Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Thanks!

A kinda complex and contrived plan if you ask me. And it doesn't make it any better when the loose ends have to be tied so quickly now that the show is getting cancelled

Also, I kinda hoped that they had more time to show Kalders as a more conflicted character instead of just "he's a hero again yeyy"
Complex, yeah... it was designed to be. Contrived, no... I thought it was pretty clear. When you have villains who aren't short sighted and playing a long game with galactic powers, you need to be complex.

Sarcastic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #79
tvor03
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Greg Weisman on the season finale - World's Finest Interview

Hey Donna Troy exists in this universe as Troia! Justice League has/had 3 Green Lanterns, so did they eventually let Guy Gardner in? Shazam family we're in too!
I believe it was Kyle Raynor, not Gardner who finally made it in. I'm wondering who those Spoiler heroes are. I'm guessing one of them is Cyborg who becomes Arsenal's new mentor.

tvor03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #80
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Uh oh... The spoiler censors are reigniting my sinking feeling that this series is going to end with a cliffhanger. They're going to introduce that many new characters and supposedly wrap everything up? I don't think so.

Dangit dangit dangit

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #81
Gelc22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Uh oh... The spoiler censors are reigniting my sinking feeling that this series is going to end with a cliffhanger. They're going to introduce that many new characters and supposedly wrap everything up? I don't think so.
Well, we already knew it was going to be an open-ended ending. So I'm guessing Savage and the WarWorld will be the cliffhanger.

Though I'm not sure how many new characters are going to be introduced in the finale. And most will probably be cameos at best. There's only three active spots on those designation list open (B-26 and 27/28 of the League) and those will most likely be filled by characters that are already around. I'm leaning towards Virgil/Static being B-26, but have no idea who could be the two new members of the League by the end ofthe finale.

Gelc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #82
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Also, I'm sure I'm not the ONLY person that thought he would be more of what he was shown to be as far as fighting skills.
Yeah I thought he should've been a better fighter as well.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #83
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvor03 View Post
I believe it was Kyle Raynor, not Gardner who finally made it in. I'm wondering who those Spoiler heroes are. I'm guessing one of them is Cyborg who becomes Arsenal's new mentor.
No, it's definitely Gardner. http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Guy_Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post

Dangit dangit dangit
Agreed, it does not bode well at all. I'm going to assume one of the new Leaguers is Green Beetle, but I can't figure the other. And who the heck are A06 to A09 supposed to be?

venomfangs125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #84
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

edit

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #85
Maximus One
Oddball

That list confused the hell outta me. All those characts are in the finale??

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #86
Charlie Boy
Modern Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
That list confused the hell outta me. All those characts are in the finale??
No. Those are all the characters associated with The JL

Ou La La, Très Bien, Magnifique

@DomEsclovon
Charlie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #87
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Yeah I thought he should've been a better fighter as well.
I figured I wasn't the only one lol

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #88
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 9

The teaser pics begin for "ENDGAME", circa "YJ Fan Videos Repositor: http://yjfanvids.tumblr.com/post/452...om-mixed#notes

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- More Blue Beetle, the character the show can't have enough of. He teams up with Luthor and seems to be fighting Black Beetle.
- Lex Luthor, likely aiding with some anti-Reach efforts including perhaps some weapons. He made good use of his time away from the "SUMMIT"
- Static Shock and presumably Aqualad shown.
- Some of the Rimbor Leaguers shown, alongside Megan and Superboy.
- Reach invasion seemingly underway.

Series finales involving a horde of heroes battling an alien invasion aren't uncommon; both "JLU" and "A:EMH" ended that way. Naturally it will be up to the execution. This is going to be huge. At least unlike the latter two, Black Beetle has been a threat all season and wasn't just beamed in for a convenient fight at the last minute.

Cool interview. While it does seem as if Greg Weisman's answers to certain questions about "leads" or whatnot has "evolved" in various interviews this season, that's likely a necessity. He didn't want to spoil certain things about this season, and he also had more time to reflect once production of the episodes stopped and all that. This season did focus more on plot than character, with the latter sometimes seeming like a luxury to be taken when it can. That said, it's at least honest and is better than when some creators just stonewall or stick to a company line. Weisman doesn't do that which can be respected.

I'm not as ravenous about designation codes as some people are, though. But still good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass-robot View Post
Well Young justice had the average run of 46 episodes just 6 episodes less then Static Shocks 52 episodes.

The Spectacular Spider-Man only got 26 episodes.
Right; it naturally depends on how many episodes were ordered per season. Until 2006-2007, Cartoon Network and Kid's WB tended to commission 13 episodes per season for their shows, with some exceptions. Other networks and other shows sometimes commissioned more; FoxBox/4Kids TV ordered 26 episodes a season of "TMNT" since from 2003-2009. Since 2006-2007 and the effective end of Kid's WB, episode orders per season have increased perhaps as a sign of striking when iron is hot. It also may be easier and/or faster to produce shows when more episodes are ordered per season. Both "THE BATMAN" and "TEEN TITANS" ran 5 seasons but released 65 episodes; "AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES" on Disney XD in contrast attained 52 episodes in merely two. "STATIC SHOCK" on Kid's WB took 4 seasons to reach 52 episodes, although the amount of episodes per season fluctuated during seasons 2-3 (similar to what happened to "X-MEN EVOLUTION").

Thus, both "YJ" and "TSSM" both ran two seasons, although the former managed 46 episodes and the latter 26 episodes. Trust me, I'd have LLLOOOOOVVVVEEEDDDD as many episodes of "TSSM". I've literally had dreams of some DTV being commissioned by Sony and then being irritated when I found out it wasn't real.

Last edited by Dread; 03-13-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #89
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Fan View Post
Complex, yeah... it was designed to be. Contrived, no... I thought it was pretty clear. When you have villains who aren't short sighted and playing a long game with galactic powers, you need to be complex.
Could Savage really be sure that the remaining members of Justice League or the Team could stop the war world? That move was so incredibly risky that it makes me question if it's brilliant foresight or contrived writing

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #90
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Could Savage really be sure that the remaining members of Justice League or the Team could stop the war world? That move was so incredibly risky that it makes me question if it's brilliant foresight or contrived writing
Even if it failed, he probably still had 2864792349343913 more backup plans.

Drakepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #91
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

So who else thinks Black Beetle will die in the finale? Also, who do you think will be the one to kill him? This can also include members from the JL, as I'm guessing they will return.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #92
spiderbob
All Hail Britannia

Quote:
He wasn't just banking on the heroes. He was also banking on the Reach having to step in. The goal was to put the war world at earth for him to later acquire, and to exhaust as much of the Reach's forces as he could. He knew the Reach was too invested in Earth's meta gene populace, and would not allow them all to be wiped out, even if that meant sacrificing their forces to save the test subjects. He was aiming to force the Reach's hand - resulting in the destruction of their fleet, the acquisition of the war world, and the public outing of Reach forces having infiltrated earth. Triple win.

Plus, Savage has been shown to be willing to sacrifice human lives to achieve his long term goals. Any humans killed I'm sure would have been viewed as 'acceptable losses'.

Dread, the preview pictures look cool, but I'm slightly apprehensive about an invasion being covered completely in only twenty five minutes. I get the feeling a lot of people are going to simply be back ground characters.

"It's as if we're walking through a maze of sorts. There are always so many paths before us. We choose a path, then we proceed. People like you walk your paths, believing that something you desire is waiting for you. I walk it to confirm that there is nothing there." - Rau le Cruset
spiderbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #93
spiderbob
All Hail Britannia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
So who else thinks Black Beetle will die in the finale? Also, who do you think will be the one to kill him? This can also include members from the JL, as I'm guessing they will return.
I'm actually inclined to think the JL won't arrive in time to make a difference. By the time the evidence is delivered, delegated over, and a verdict drawn, I believe the invasion will have been well underway.

The Reach is on a time table too. Have to finish the destruction of Earth before the Corps. arrives. I'm thinking the accused six will return to see Earth save and provide their proud congratulations to the young heroes, who did so well without them.

And the safe bet's on Blue taking on Black. They've already had two encounters. A third would be poetic finish for Jamie, who's overcome his fears and doubts, accepting both who he is and the Scarab, and working in union with his partner to beat the Reach's super soldier.

"It's as if we're walking through a maze of sorts. There are always so many paths before us. We choose a path, then we proceed. People like you walk your paths, believing that something you desire is waiting for you. I walk it to confirm that there is nothing there." - Rau le Cruset

Last edited by spiderbob; 03-13-2013 at 10:57 AM.
spiderbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #94
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Accused League will be the deus ex machina for the final fight. Not Young Justice action sequence would be complete without it.

As for Black Beetle, I doubt he'll die. No one important dies amd when they do, it was either a faked death or it becomes undone later. The most significant 'death' I guess would be Zatara becoming Dr. Fate. That's not even a death but rather a dismissal of a character.

Blue and Green will definitely showdown with Black though.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #95
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

I think this already has an edge over the EMH finale. They've been fighting the Reach the entire season. Unlike the finale with Galactus. It was like they beat him in 5 minutes with NO buildup. I really wish they could've done that right.
JLU's finale seemed a bit rushed, but that was somewhat lessened by it being multiple parts.

Also, is it really a "deus ex machina" if the goal was to have them return the whole time?
It would be rather convenient if it's at the exact moment they need them, but I wouldn't say deus ex machina.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
ThreadPool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #96
Sarcastic Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
I think this already has an edge over the EMH finale. They've been fighting the Reach the entire season. Unlike the finale with Galactus. It was like they beat him in 5 minutes with NO buildup. I really wish they could've done that right.
JLU's finale seemed a bit rushed, but that was somewhat lessened by it being multiple parts.

Also, is it really a "deus ex machina" if the goal was to have them return the whole time?
It would be rather convenient if it's at the exact moment they need them, but I wouldn't say deus ex machina.
This is a show about the Team. While I have no doubt Superman, Batman, etc coming back will be a big help, it's the Team that needs to be the ones who defeat the Reach, ultimately.

Sarcastic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #97
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Definitely agreed. Wouldn't be a deus ex machina, but still would be annoying.
The JL should show up when the fight is already over.
Nightwing's all, "We got this one guys."
JL: WTF?

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
ThreadPool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #98
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Images are now available for "Endgame" -

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF...ews/46endgame/

OnTheAir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #99
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
Images are now available for "Endgame" -

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF...ews/46endgame/
Good for Kaldur, he has a hand in stopping Black Beetle.

This fight better be an epic one, is all I can say.

venomfangs125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #100
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Looks like we might be finding out what big (ironic pun intended) project Atom and Bumblebee have been working on all season... couldn't have been the "extract the scarab" operation with Jaime because that came up after the topic of Jaime's scarab even became a concern. I'm hoping that it had some kind of significance beyond jut an excuse of Bumblebee to be distant. It'd be cool if whatever it is happens to be what helps the Team beat the Reach.

I totally get what you guys are saying about the League though. I feel like this season was kind of meant to phase the League out of the picture as much as possible (sending 6 of the highest profile members away and all) so the story could be Team centric. Season 1 was very parallel between the two groups which I kind of liked but I understand why they did what they did.

The finale of JLU was my favorite cartoon finale of all the ones I've seen. It had been building for the entire show. Lex Luthor's quest for ultimate power/being Earth's hero instead of Superman, Darkseid and the new gods conflict, and the Legion of Doom's master plan had been building for a while. Then the epic final fight between Superman and Darkseid was fantastic (short, but fantastic). And the most memorable part of the entire series for me happened with Lex + Darkseid's anti-life explosion and Superman and Batman climbing out of the hole side by side. Still gives me chills every time I watch it. The curtain call was a nice touch as well.

This finale will definitely be bittersweet but I have confidence that it will not disappoint. I'm coped with the fact that this show is on its way out and am focusing my attention on getting my Season 3 right!

That's right, a shameless plug :P I'm researching storylines and characters for my own fan fiction of a Season 3 picking up where this left off. I felt that the Apokolips invasion hinted at in Season 1 was the most disappointing story omission in the latter part of this season. It's like they're ignoring the fact that Apokolips' connections on Earth are scheming and such. Plus Jason Todd has been mentioned so that obviously leaves Red Hood as a possible subplot. I'm psyched for this finale for this reason too: so I can finally get started on this thing!

But I digress, it's going to be a fun last ride. Flash family for the win!