The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #226
Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Nat waiting to spring in to action or she's just grinding on an SUV.

It's my experience that women spontaneously start grinding on SUVs with firearms in hand.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #227
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert19 View Post
In Red Menace, he also mentions that he sees faster after he avoids getting hit by an AIM doofus.
I think he mentioned something about being about to see faster than regular people

Old 07-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #228
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah i don't think were gunna have the Cap-and-Widow-lovey-time story
They kiss to avoid detection, and I'm almost positive that's it.

Many people like and have mentioned that Widow has been a strong female who didn't need to be a love interest
it would be quite the step backwards if now she was just "Cap's girlfriend"

And if she must date someone, I just don't see Black Widow going for a boyscout like Cap
On the contrary, I see all kinds of reasons for Widow to go after a boyscout like Cap. She's still looking to clear "the red in her ledger," and she can't get that through bad boys like Hawkeye and Tony Stark and Winter Soldier, or even Bruce Banner. (Although there's more than a hint of physical attraction to MCU Clint, Tony and Bruce, and the canonical comic-book history with Bucky may or may not surface in the movie.) She's bound to see a purity in Steve that isn't present in any of the other men in her life, none of whom seem to be even remotely trustworthy.

Plus, there's a fairly nice political message there, with her being Russian and him being American. Steve literally slept through the Cold War, and so none of the Soviet-bashing baggage of the past half-century apply to him.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #229
Loki882
Side-Kick

I doubt that there will be a Cap/Widow romance. The Bucky/Widow romance was one of the most interesting relationships in modern comics. I think that the filmmakers will want to explore that. It also allows them to explore both Bucky and Natasha's pasts at the same time. I also think pairing Cap with Sharon ties in nicely to the first movie. I would not be opposed to Cap dating Natasha, but I doubt it will happen.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #230
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Honestly, I can see them not doing Cap/Sharon...just because of the premise of Cap shacking up with his old lovers descendant.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #231
Loki882
Side-Kick

Steve/Wanda could be fun/interesting, assuming Whedon is telling the truth about Avengers 2.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #232
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

wait, what? ^

Old 07-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #233
Loki882
Side-Kick

Steve/Wanda have been hinted at romantically in the comics several times. Given what happened in the most recent issue of Remender's Cap series, Steve and Sharon's romance may be in trouble. Also, Remender has written several pseudo-romantic Steve/Wanda moments in Uncanny Avengers (they were married in the AOU alternate timeline). Whedon has said that Wanda will be in Avengers 2. I was just throwing a possible scenario out there.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #234
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
On the contrary, I see all kinds of reasons for Widow to go after a boyscout like Cap. She's still looking to clear "the red in her ledger," and she can't get that through bad boys like Hawkeye and Tony Stark and Winter Soldier, or even Bruce Banner. (Although there's more than a hint of physical attraction to MCU Clint, Tony and Bruce, and the canonical comic-book history with Bucky may or may not surface in the movie.) She's bound to see a purity in Steve that isn't present in any of the other men in her life, none of whom seem to be even remotely trustworthy.
I think that's being way too logical about the process of falling for someone. Who do you know that rationally sizes up peoples personalities before deciding who they have a crush on? If she's just looking for redemption, yeah, maybe she'd date Cap. But if we're talking love here, he just doesn't seem like her type. Plus like I said, it would feel like it diminishes her character, he's among the top of Marvel's A-list, and its difficult to get out of that shadow. I'd rather see him date more of an unknown, so she could die, the relationship could go sour, whatever. It makes more tension when you know the girlfriend isn't automatically safe, plus if someone unknown dies, there wont be a bunch of angry BW fans.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #235
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think that's being way too logical about the process of falling for someone. Who do you know that rationally sizes up peoples personalities before deciding who they have a crush on? If she's just looking for redemption, yeah, maybe she'd date Cap. But if we're talking love here, he just doesn't seem like her type. Plus like I said, it would feel like it diminishes her character, he's among the top of Marvel's A-list, and its difficult to get out of that shadow. I'd rather see him date more of an unknown, so she could die, the relationship could go sour, whatever. It makes more tension when you know the girlfriend isn't automatically safe, plus if someone unknown dies, there wont be a bunch of angry BW fans.
Why wouldn't she have a crush on him? He's kind of......perfect.....

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #236
BoredGuy
Killing Time

oh no doubt, and someone could easily fall for Cap
but there was no chemistry between them in Avengers, so it would seem strange for them to now randomly have the hots for one another (and no, I don't count the "look" Cap gives her when she jumps on the alien craft, to me that came off as more of a "damn, that's hot" kinda look, not real and mutual attraction)
but again, my bigger point is that she's a tough chick, and it would suck to see her become 'the girlfriend'

Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #237
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
God, no.
Haven't we finally gotten past the whole "dead woman in the refrigerator" syndrome? This is Cap we're talking about here, not Daredevil.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #238
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
God, no.
Haven't we finally gotten past the whole "dead woman in the refrigerator" syndrome? This is Cap we're talking about here, not Daredevil.
He suffers way too much.....

Yeah I really don't want any of Cap's gfs to die in the MCU because he has enough to mope about as it is. I don't want him moping about her death in the next Avengers movie like Bruce in TDKR.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #239
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
He suffers way too much.....

Yeah I really don't want any of Cap's gfs to die in the MCU because he has enough to mope about as it is. I don't want him moping about her death in the next Avengers movie like Bruce in TDKR.
And yet, Bruce ended up getting two great love interests in TDKR and settled down with one of them so I wonder if that would follow onto Steve's journey as well.lol

Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #240
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
And yet, Bruce ended up getting two great love interests in TDKR and settled down with one of them so I wonder if that would follow onto Steve's journey as well.lol
Ermm... two great love interests?

So Cap ends up having to choose between a hot criminal and a crazy woman who wants to blow up his city? Lucky guy.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #241
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Ermm... two great love interests?

So Cap ends up having to choose between a hot criminal and a crazy woman who wants to blow up his city? Lucky guy.
Well, I never said that they were perfect ones.lol

Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #242
Bert
Side-Kick

Not perfect, but hot Nolan stepped it up in that department in TDKR

Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #243
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I wish I were that SUV door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post

Nat waiting to spring in to action or she's just grinding on an SUV.

It's my experience that women spontaneously start grinding on SUVs with firearms in hand.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #244
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
God, no.
oh that was just one example i was throwing out
not talking about "fridging" anyone, i hate that argument
I'm just saying there's more drama if you're not constantly assured of both character's safety
or, they could break up, and it wouldn't be this bitter "how do they work together" awkwardness, you just write the significant other out

and as far as I'm concerned, fridging would refer to killing off a known or liked character to further the male protagonist's plot in spite of the character work done on the female. Creating a new expendable character is a bit different. It's the same with sidekicks and stuff too, not just girlfriends. You know the main character's not gunna die, so if some supporting characters don't bite it, then where are the stakes?? there's no tension when everybody whistles their way through the plot with nary a scratch.

Last edited by BoredGuy; 07-17-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #245
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Coulson is a woman in a refridgerator

Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #246
Loki882
Side-Kick

Subverted since he is still alive and active.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #247
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

I would love to see Daredevil making an appearance if only they could make him

Old 07-31-2013, 02:26 AM   #248
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I wonder if Steve and Natasha have a falling out in this movie, or perhaps in AOU.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #249
Farren
Side Kicker

I don't see why Cap needs to have a love interest in this movie. He's going to be too busy angsting over his great bromance love of his life, Bucky, anyway. And I don't see him and Natasha hooking up.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 AM   #250
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I don't see why Cap needs to have a love interest in this movie. He's going to be too busy angsting over his great bromance love of his life, Bucky, anyway. And I don't see him and Natasha hooking up.
Maybe Bucky is Steve's love interest.

Closed Thread