The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 04:16 AM   #251
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Maybe Bucky is Steve's love interest.
I was pretty disappointed he wasn't a choice in that poll.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #252
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I don't see why Cap needs to have a love interest in this movie. He's going to be too busy angsting over his great bromance love of his life, Bucky, anyway. And I don't see him and Natasha hooking up.
Because he's a 90 year old virgin.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #253
Ksb36
Side-Kick

The 'ships, and I don't necessarily mean romance, are going to be the guts, the core of this film. Steve and Natasha have developed a friendship, a strong working relationship, whereby they learn more about one another, and THEMSELVES.

Remember, as William Faulkner said, "the problems of the human heart in conflict with itself... alone can make good writing because only that is worth writing about, worth the agony and the sweat".

The framework of this film needs to be Steve Rogers coming to terms with everything he lost, most especially the relationships that made him fully present and human, and a hero.

F**k I get teary thinking about it.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #254
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So after everything that we've heard about Natasha's involvement in this film, is it safe to assume that she and Steve develop sincere feelings for each other through the course of the movie and that their kiss in that mall was more likely a real one as opposed towards being a coverup one?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #255
Loki882
Side-Kick

Perhaps, we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #256
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So after everything that we've heard about Natasha's involvement in this film, is it safe to assume that she and Steve develop sincere feelings for each other through the course of the movie and that their kiss in that mall was more likely a real one as opposed towards being a coverup one?
I think it's safe to assume that, but we do have to wait for the film to find out. Evans and Johansson were playing it coy in their interviews, but they seemed to strongly hint at a Steve/Natasha relationship. Chris mentioned Peggy when speaking of all Steve has lost, but he never once mentioned Sharon Carter, which I found telling. They may just be vaguely leading people on due to the infamous Marvel secrecy, though.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #257
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I think it's safe to assume that, but we do have to wait for the film to find out. Evans and Johansson were playing it coy in their interviews, but they seemed to strongly hint at a Steve/Natasha relationship. Chris mentioned Peggy when speaking of all Steve has lost, but he never once mentioned Sharon Carter, which I found telling. They may just be vaguely leading people on due to the infamous Marvel secrecy, though.
Indeed; I think it was also the recent interviews with the Russos that made me believe that they might be heading down a romantic route since the Russos mentioned on how Steve and Natasha learn things about each other through the course of the film, how they only have each other to rely on, and that their relationship is like the backbone of the film, probably tying with Steve’s relationship with Bucky as well.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #258
Loki882
Side-Kick

They can do a Cap/BW relationship and still keep Natasha's past with Bucky. A close relationship with Bucky would just be one more thing that she and Steve have in common.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #259
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
They can do a Cap/BW relationship and still keep Natasha's past with Bucky. A close relationship with Bucky would just be one more thing that she and Steve have in common.
It would be kind of weird and a bit CW'ish though for them to have been paired up with the same person. Personally, I kind of hope that they avoid going that route since I'm never a fan of those types of scenarios.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #260
Loki882
Side-Kick

Why, she knew/was involved with Bucky years ago and didn't know he was still alive, sounds plausible.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #261
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Why, she knew/was involved with Bucky years ago and didn't know he was still alive, sounds plausible.
Nothing really wrong with it per say; it's just a personal preference that I rather they not go the route where she was ex-lovers with one of his friends, even though she didn't know of the connection, let alone think that Steve was alive back then.

Though given on how the MCU has really downplayed on a lot of relationships from the comics in favor of the titular hero, I wouldn't be surprised if bucky and widow never had a romantic past here to begin with. I mean Thor and Sif were never lovers within the MCU as far as we've seen, and Happy was never in a relationship with Pepper like they were in the comics.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #262
MysticRain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Perhaps, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm actually more interested in how BW and WS connected than what type of relationship BW and Cap will have in the film.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #263
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

If Steve and Natasha are togethering in TWS, what does that make Sharon Carter anyway? Chopped livers?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 08-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #264
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
If Steve and Natasha are togethering in TWS, what does that make Sharon Carter anyway? Chopped liver?
fixed

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 08-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #265
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The correct answer is both. Every spy movie I've seen the coverup kiss is a precursor to an actual relationship.

Now, don't expect this relationship to make it out of Avengers 2 alive, but something sincere will happen, no doubt.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #266
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I don't wanna see Steve and Natasha.

For one, they already hinted at her and Hawkeye.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #267
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I’m almost certain that there is no future for Natasha and Steve. The reason their relationship is talked about so much is because she’s the female lead. Their relationship is really important. Plus I don’t think Joss would want to deal with a Steve/Natasha romance in Avengers 2. Natasha is pretty much his pride and joy of the MCU and if Joss had any intention of a Cap/Natasha romance than he would have at least hinted at it in The Avengers. That relationship just makes no sense in this universe. The whole reason Peggy was used in the first one was to set up Sharon who, in the comics, is Steve’s ultimate love interest. Why even introduce Sharon at all if she doesn’t end up with Cap. I think the reason she isn’t mentioned is because they’re trying to downplay their relationship in order to hide the fact that she’s who he ends up with. Emily VanCamp is always the one who can't talk as much about her character as the rest of the cast. There's obviously more to her character than most people here seem to think. "Maybe there's a little spark of something here and there, but where that goes I'm really not at liberty to discuss. This is just, sort of, the beginning for this character."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 08-15-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #268
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I get the sense it's not romantic but maybe they just become close since they are comrades and male and female. I also think Black Widow is just being the hot female bestie so there can be that weird sexual tension there but also Black Widow is trying to set him up with girls.

This might sound kind of weird but in some ways I kind of see it like Shinji/Misato relationship. Misato's trying to like guide and encourage Shinji into being a more aggressive sure of himself guy. Near the end of the show she open mouth kisses him to try and encourage him. It's kind of weird but in the context of Evangelion you get it.

I think the romantic element will be more about Steve getting some closure with Peggy so he can move on with his life.

- CM Punk
Old 08-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #269
Loki882
Side-Kick

They didn't really hint at Hawkeye and BW. They left their exact relationship ambiguous enough so that it could believably go either way,

Old 08-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #270
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't wanna see Steve and Natasha.

For one, they already hinted at her and Hawkeye.
I just want to see Bucky and Widow.

Ugh....

Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #271
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I just want to see Bucky and Widow.

Ugh....
I don't think they need to shoehorn in any romantic subplots IMO but, if they absolutely have to, I agree it should should be Bucky and Natasha.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #272
Loki882
Side-Kick

If its developed properly, then it wouldn't be shoe-horned in. Besides, if Bucky is an antagonist for most of the film, then there won't be time to build a PRESENT-DAY romance with Natasha (they can certainly address a possible past one).

Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #273
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I honestly just want for whatever happens in this movie to happen and flow naturally from the characters and story. If Cap and Widow get it on? Great. If Bucky and Widow are drawn to each other? Awesome.

If Cap/Widow/Bucky meet up for a little... fondue? All the better.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #274
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I’m almost certain that there is no future for Natasha and Steve. The reason their relationship is talked about so much is because she’s the female lead. Their relationship is really important. Plus I don’t think Joss would want to deal with a Steve/Natasha romance in Avengers 2. Natasha is pretty much his pride and joy of the MCU and if Joss had any intention of a Cap/Natasha romance than he would have at least hinted at it in The Avengers. That relationship just makes no sense in this universe. The whole reason Peggy was used in the first one was to set up Sharon who, in the comics, is Steve’s ultimate love interest. Why even introduce Sharon at all if she doesn’t end up with Cap. I think the reason she isn’t mentioned is because they’re trying to downplay their relationship in order to hide the fact that she’s who he ends up with. Emily VanCamp is always the one who can't talk as much about her character as the rest of the cast. There's obviously more to her character than most people here seem to think. "Maybe there's a little spark of something here and there, but where that goes I'm really not at liberty to discuss. This is just, sort of, the beginning for this character."
You do realize it's possible for Cap to be in a relationship with Natasha here and still end up with Sharon, right? That getting in a relationship doesn't mean this will be his one and only lover for all of time?

Multiple people have said this is just the character's introduction... they're trying to help people like yourself not be disappointed when the movie doesn't build up Cap and Sharon's relationship... while also keeping you from thinking "well, if they don't get into a relationship now, they never will!"

Old 08-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #275
Loki882
Side-Kick

If I may be so bold, "fonduing" is the greatest euphemism for sex ever, it just is.

Closed Thread