The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #276
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
If I may be so bold, "fonduing" is the greatest euphemism for sex ever, it just is.
It really is pretty creative and one sure way you can tell someone has watched CA: TFA.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #277
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

I just hope Steve gets some fonduing done in this movie.

- CM Punk
Old 08-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #278
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I honestly wonder what the chemistry will look like between Evans and Scarlett in this film because they don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to playing romantic interests and if Black Widow is Captain America's new leading lady for the time being then that might not bode so well.

You'd think though that Evans' comment about him seeing Scarlett as a sister would reinforce that but I've seen enough film pairs where the two actors had great chemistry on screen despite their sibling like relationship in real life; case in point...the actors for Ron and Hermoine, along with Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #279
BoredGuy
Killing Time

and in fairness, Evans and Johanssen have been romantic in, what, one movie??

And that movie was what, The Nanny Diaries??

Could it be possible it was the Direction that sucked and not actually their chemistry.... ?

Old 08-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #280
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I have a feeling we are getting a bit more edgy Captain this time around...and I think that would mix well with Widow

Old 08-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #281
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
and in fairness, Evans and Johanssen have been romantic in, what, one movie??

And that movie was what, The Nanny Diaries??

Could it be possible it was the Direction that sucked and not actually their chemistry.... ?
I think they've portrayed a romantic couple in two films, with one prior to the Nanny Diaries.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #282
MysticRain
Side-Kick

BW/Hawkeye: I don't really support them as a romantic pair. Simply because I don't think Renner and ScarJo have that type of chemistry or look right on screen together.

BW/CAP: both Evans and ScarJo are definitely comfortable with each other. I saw both films they did together prior to MCU films. From what I remember the chemistry was solid, did not set fire or anything.

BW/WS: look-wise and story-wise, I think they are the best match of the three. We haven't really seen anything one-on-one from Stan and ScarJo yet, but I think this one has the most potential to be very hot.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #283
Loki882
Side-Kick

The BW/Hawkeye relationship was ambiguous enough in The Avengers that it could plausibly go either way. You can keep her past romance with WS while building a present one with Cap. Not saying that the Russo's would or should do that, but it is possible.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #284
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Widow was always the "bicycle" of the Marvel Universe in the comics (i.e., everyone got to ride some time). Not that I'm advocating for MCU Natasha to become a **** (she wouldn't be, though I'm sure plenty of folks would interpret it that way), but it wouldn't be out of canonical character for her to have had several different relationships with all three men at different points in her life (i.e., WS back before she was recruited by SHIELD; Hawkeye when she was a SHIELD agent, but with that relationship tapering off by the end of Avengers; and now a new relationship starting with Cap as she realizes he might be "The One" she's been looking for all along).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #285
Loki882
Side-Kick

Ok, would you stop saying that. BW has never been the "MCU's bicycle." She tends to get into committed relationships (DD, Hercules, WS). Her man count is actually very low compared so some other heroines. Also, sleeping with three men over several decades is hardly what I would consider ****ty.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:41 AM   #286
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Ok, would you stop saying that. BW has never been the "MCU's bicycle." She tends to get into committed relationships (DD, Hercules, WS). Her man count is actually very low compared so some other heroines. Also, sleeping with three men over several decades is hardly what I would consider ****ty.
Just be glad that one guy hasn't returned to preach his "vaginas are like locks that have only one key, penises are like keys that fit any lock" drivel. Between nonsense like that and the Miley Cyrus thing it's starting to feel a lot like the '50s now. Prudes everywhere.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #287
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
There's also Tony Stark and Clint Barton. But yeah, I agree that Widow's reputation is undeserved, but it's definitely always been there, both within the fictional universe and inside fandom as well. (She can't hold a candle to Shulkie's "hit list," though.)

Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #288
OccamsTaser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think they've portrayed a romantic couple in two films, with one prior to the Nanny Diaries.
No, they haven't. They were in The Perfect Score together, but didn't portray a couple in that movie.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #289
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I wouldn't mind having a scene like this between Widow and Steve in the film, if things ever got that far between them.lol

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #290
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

I honestly don't want to see the Cap/Widow relationship. Natasha Romanoff doesn't seem like the type of woman Steve Rogers would want to be intimate with. Also there's the whole Hawkeye/Widow thing going on and although we don't know the extent of their relationship, they clearly do have history together and are a dynamic duo. Having Black Widow suddenly switch to Captain America and suddenly ignoring Hawkeye in Avengers 2 would just look awkward.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #291
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well it was never specifically mentioned as to what the nature of her relationship with Clint was, so it could have been interpreted to be a romantic or platonic close one.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #292
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well it was never specifically mentioned as to what the nature of her relationship with Clint was, so it could have been interpreted to be a romantic or platonic close one.
It doesn't matter if they are lovers or friends. The fact is that they are partners and have been for quite some time, so seeing Black Widow tag more with Cap than with Hawkeye in Avengers 2 is just going to look really awkward.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #293
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
It doesn't matter if they are lovers or friends. The fact is that they are partners and have been for quite some time, so seeing Black Widow tag more with Cap than with Hawkeye in Avengers 2 is just going to look really awkward.
I guess it's a matter of personal tastes then since if she's just platonic with Hawkeye or even a past lover who's moved on from him in that dept, then there's no reason why she couldn't hook up with Steve if it was done correctly.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #294
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
I honestly don't want to see the Cap/Widow relationship. Natasha Romanoff doesn't seem like the type of woman Steve Rogers would want to be intimate with. Also there's the whole Hawkeye/Widow thing going on and although we don't know the extent of their relationship, they clearly do have history together and are a dynamic duo. Having Black Widow suddenly switch to Captain America and suddenly ignoring Hawkeye in Avengers 2 would just look awkward.
Cap is more of a "man's man," and he's got paladin levels of trueheart goodness coursing through his veins. Widow is a "bad girl" who's trying to erase the red from her ledger, and I could see how Steve could be seen as her redemption arc. If she *does* have romantic history with Clint and Winter Soldier, that just reinforces her bad choices in men over the years. If anything, she's probably trying to distance herself from any relationship with Clint, for her sake as well as his.

Plus, Clint is just a wuss next to Steve, and spent most of his last movie as a mindslave (which doesn't speak well for his mental fortitude and willpower).

Old 09-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #295
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Cap is more of a "man's man," and he's got paladin levels of trueheart goodness coursing through his veins. Widow is a "bad girl" who's trying to erase the red from her ledger, and I could see how Steve could be seen as her redemption arc. If she *does* have romantic history with Clint and Winter Soldier, that just reinforces her bad choices in men over the years. If anything, she's probably trying to distance herself from any relationship with Clint, for her sake as well as his.

Plus, Clint is just a wuss next to Steve, and spent most of his last movie as a mindslave (which doesn't speak well for his mental fortitude and willpower).
He was possessed by the freaking God of Mischief wielding a spear infused with some of the Tesseracht's power, a device that has UNLIMITED power. Mental fortitude isn't going to protect ANYONE from that, that doesn't make Clint a wuss.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #296
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
He was possessed by the freaking God of Mischief wielding a spear infused with some of the Tesseracht's power, a device that has UNLIMITED power. Mental fortitude isn't going to protect ANYONE from that, that doesn't make Clint a wuss.
Except Tony.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #297
Loki882
Side-Kick

Tony's arc reactor saved him (they specifically showed Loki's spear hitting the arc reactor TWICE, so that was clearly what Whedon was trying to convey).

Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #298
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Tony's arc reactor saved him (they specifically showed Loki's spear hitting the arc reactor TWICE, so that was clearly what Whedon was trying to convey).
boy is Tony going to feel like an idiot if he ever encounters Loki or someone with that stick again.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #299
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Yeah, I'm aware of that. The point I was making is that the whole scenario just made Clint look like a loser, especially when you set him up with the rest of the Avengers. He didn't get a lot of face time in the movie, period, but over half of *that* was spent needlessly serving as Loki's slave. Total screwjob on Joss' part....Clint was entirely unnecessary to Loki's plans (the only one he needed was Selvig), so Renner and Hawkeye would have been MUCH better served without that nonsense, allowing Clint more time to shine as an actual Avenger.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #300
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Closed Thread