The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #351
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

I'm not really all that concerned. I think it's fine if Black Widow is the one to de-virginize Cap.

I don't think they are setting up a long-term relationship. I think Black Widow is just trying to help cap sow his oats and what not and get him to live a little. In the footage from D23 she was trying to set him up on dates and Cap's like, "Nah leave me alone."

- CM Punk
Old 09-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #352
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

After all of Natasha's noble attempts to set Steve up didn't work maybe she decided that making a man of him was a job for the Black Widow. In that case, it was very noble of her to step up to the plate and take one for the team.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #353
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
After all of Natasha's noble attempts to set Steve up didn't work maybe she decided that making a man of him was a job for the Black Widow. In that case, it was very noble of her to step up to the plate and take one for the team.
Exactly. Black Widow has to be the one to get Cap out of shell and shed him of his 90 year old virgin coil.

- CM Punk
Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #354
Loki882
Side-Kick

The soldier and the spy, the American and the Russian, the red white and blue and the black and red, the ultimate do gooder and the master of manipulation. This would be so much fun.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #355
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Well, I don't understand all the hostility to the idea of Natasha getting her own solo film, so that makes us even.
There was an issue of DeConnick's Avengers Assemble a few months back where Natasha was going around collecting on debts from her previous assignments, ones that were particularly hard to deal with.

The one in AA
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
ended up turning her into a lizard. But she got better.

I would love to see BW on a spy/adventure caper film based on a similar idea of her trying to make right by one of her marks from the past. Something grounded, dark, emotional, but with a decent balance of wit. And something that shows off BW's kickassery.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #356
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, I can't see Steve, based on how he's been set up as a character to be the type of person that would enter in a "friends with benefits" category. In my honest opinion, he comes off as somewhat old fashioned when it comes to how he approaches his love life where he'd want to be in committed relationship with someone that he's physically intimate with and while I'm sure Natasha is more reserved when it comes to being in long term romances with people due to her history and background in being an assassin and spy, I wonder why she'd approach good old Captain America with a friends with benefits offer when she could be with Clint in that department; I don't know...I'd feel like there would be something a little more brewing between the two for them to get involved with each other in any level.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #357
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Dude, Cap has slept with lots of girls in the comics. He's not a monk.

- CM Punk
Old 09-14-2013, 02:38 AM   #358
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
True, but I'm only referring to how Steve has been portrayed SO FAR within the MCU and based on what's been shown of him, he doesn't appear to be the type that would sleep with so many women at the moment.

I'm not saying it's wrong for him to have been in several relationships, but I'm just saying that based on what's been established of his character, he doesn't come off as the type that would just go for a friends with benefits type of deal.

If he is involved with Widow in this film, my guess that it happens as a heat of the moment thing and that before they can really address as to what they are to each other, things just get crazier with all the crap that's taking place within the film.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #359
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It will probably be OK in the context of the movie if they do sleep together.

Frankly it annoyed me quite a bit that Peter Parker was so monkish in the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy. I hope that's not the case with Cap here.

- CM Punk
Old 09-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #360
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
It will probably be OK in the context of the movie if they do sleep together.

Frankly it annoyed me quite a bit that Peter Parker was so monkish in the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy. I hope that's not the case with Cap here.
Well Raimi's MJ did have a talent for emasculating every male character that had a interest in her so that's not surprising.lol

I just hope that the writers don't treat this as a brief fling since there is a lot of possibilities that could be explored when it comes to how these two will be able to work with each other after becoming lovers, especially in the context of the Avengers films.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #361
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
And I think the "90 Year Old Virgin" is just a myth in the MCU as well. Even as CATFA begins, Steve is 25 years old, and double-dating with a real, live girl along with his pal Bucky and companion. He then spends the first part of his WWII career in a traveling USO show in the company of *lots* of women. And after getting the serum, there's probably plenty of "Private Lorraines" he can choose from, well before he sets his sights on Peggy Carter (or vice versa).

That "cherry" has been popped long, long before 2014. Sorry to disappoint those who want to fantasize about Steve's chastity belt.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #362
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Probably, but if he had already lost his virginity during his time traveling across the country for the tour, he wouldn't have appeared being so awkward around that military blonde woman that approached and kissed him as he was waiting to see Howard Stark.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #363
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Probably, but if he had already lost his virginity during his time traveling across the country for the tour, he wouldn't have appeared being so awkward around that military blonde woman that approached and kissed him as he was waiting to see Howard Stark.
The awkwardness didn't stem from Steve not knowing how to react; it stemmed from the fact that Peggy Carter showed up at just the right (or wrong, depending on your view) moment. That was the whole set-up for the jealous suitor scene.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #364
Loki882
Side-Kick

I never got the sense that Cap slept with ANYONE, Bucky maybe, but not Cap. He never gave off that vibe, he seemed really smitten with Peggy. However, if Steve becomes more cynical and is confronted with the moral complexities of the modern world, and is constantly on the run with only Natasha to rely on, I can see them hooking up. Kind of like Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor in the first Terminator.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #365
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #366
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I never got the sense that Cap slept with ANYONE, Bucky maybe

...You might be onto something there.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #367
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well one thing is for sure, Black Widow is going to have a strong presence in this film. Heck, I think she's been present for every scene that's been captured by spy photos that Captain America has been present at.

And yeah, I do hope that Steve and Natasha share more than a kiss on the elevator in this film.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #368
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
And yeah, I do hope that Steve and Natasha share more than a kiss on the elevator in this film.
In front of al those people?!

Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #369
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
In front of al those people?!
Oops; I meant escalator.lol

Old 09-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #370
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And I think the "90 Year Old Virgin" is just a myth in the MCU as well. Even as CATFA begins, Steve is 25 years old, and double-dating with a real, live girl along with his pal Bucky and companion. He then spends the first part of his WWII career in a traveling USO show in the company of *lots* of women. And after getting the serum, there's probably plenty of "Private Lorraines" he can choose from, well before he sets his sights on Peggy Carter (or vice versa).

That "cherry" has been popped long, long before 2014. Sorry to disappoint those who want to fantasize about Steve's chastity belt.
He basically admits to Peggy he's never even kissed or had sex with a girl in the car.

- CM Punk
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #371
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

He doesn't strike me as the kind of dude who just sleeps around with random girls anyways. Seems like love means something to him. He said himself he was waiting for the right partner.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #372
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Might as well post some of these pictures in relation to Scarlett's "Intimate Friendship" comment regarding the nature Steve's and Natasha's relationship.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #373
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Man I love the avengers Cap suit. All it needs is exposed ears and a back star. lol

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #374
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
He doesn't strike me as the kind of dude who just sleeps around with random girls anyways. Seems like love means something to him. He said himself he was waiting for the right partner.

Maybe Natasha turns out to be the right partner for Steve. We won't know until we see the film.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #375
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's not like he hasn't dates spies in the comics before, coughSharoncough, so her being in that line of work might not bother him. Heck, he dated Diamondback, who was an ex-criminal.

Closed Thread