The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #376
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Oops; I meant escalator.lol
Well, that's even *more* exhibitionist. Aerosmith needs to do a remake called "Love On an Escalator."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
He basically admits to Peggy he's never even kissed or had sex with a girl in the car.
Maybe not in a car, but he might have kissed and had sex with girls in lots of other places.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #377
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Maybe Natasha turns out to be the right partner for Steve. We won't know until we see the film.
Right. I just meant it seemed like he was waiting til he found someone he really connected with. Not just any girl.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 09-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #378
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, that's even *more* exhibitionist. Aerosmith needs to do a remake called "Love On an Escalator."

Maybe not in a car, but he might have kissed and had sex with girls in lots of other places.
You're a funny guy.

- CM Punk
Old 09-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #379
Loki882
Side-Kick

If Steve and Natasha DO hook up, then Whedon should definitely have Tony tease them unmercifully about it in AOU, that would be fun.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #380
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Steve and Natalie are like the ultimate example of the good person/bad person pairing.

If they make it out of this film as a couple still, I'd like to see on how that'd transition over to TA 2 and how it affects their relationship there.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #381
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Steve and Natalie are like the ultimate example of the good person/bad person pairing.

If they make it out of this film as a couple still, I'd like to see on how that'd transition over to TA 2 and how it affects their relationship there.
Oh, Ultron (and Joss) could definitely have a field day with that. It's easy to envision a scenario where a sadistic Ultron puts Natasha's life literally in Cap's hands --- or vice versa --- and forces them to choose between letting their lover die or letting the greater part of humanity perish instead.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #382
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Oh, Ultron (and Joss) could definitely have a field day with that. It's easy to envision a scenario where a sadistic Ultron puts Natasha's life literally in Cap's hands --- or vice versa --- and forces them to choose between letting their lover die or letting the greater part of humanity perish instead.
That's a fantastic scenario that you've come up with, and Whedon would definitely be willing to do that. He's especially cruel to the characters that he really likes, and he really likes Cap and BW. Heck, he had Buffy send Angel to Hell in order to save the world, so he's done it before. Save your lover or save the world, its an impossible choice.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #383
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I do wonder though on if we'll get to find out and see as to what Widow perceives her relationship with Steve as.

Would it be too much out of character if she does actually..."fall in love" with Steve? Should they just keep it where Natasha only "cares" about him and is attracted to him but that she's the kind of person that would never fall in love with anyone? Or is change in need of order?

Old 09-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #384
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Maybe Captain America will melt her cold heart and "love is for children" attitude.

- CM Punk
Old 09-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #385
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Maybe Captain America will melt her cold heart and "love is for children" attitude.
So Natasha will deflower Steve while good Old Captain America will melt her cold heart; I guess it's a win win for everyone then.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #386
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that Natasha is not nearly as cold as she thinks that is. Its a defense mechanism, but we've seen, in the comics at least, that she's perfectly capable of genuinely loving the people who she's involved with. We'll have to wait and see if MCU Natasha is the same way.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #387
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Of course, she had a very passionate relationship with Daredevil for example.

So maybe Captain America is the character that can get her to that point and make her "lower her defenses."

- CM Punk
Old 09-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #388
BoredGuy
Killing Time

it makes me kinda queasy picturing Cap and Widow together, don't know why
I really hope the pairing isn't true

if it is though, I could def see a scene like sam's talking about in AoU
But if so, I just really hope Joss picks Natasha as the one to bite it and not Cap, he gives her way too much love

Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #389
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
it makes me kinda queasy picturing Cap and Widow together, don't know why
I really hope the pairing isn't true

if it is though, I could def see a scene like sam's talking about in AoU
But if so, I just really hope Joss picks Natasha as the one to bite it and not Cap, he gives her way too much love
I don't see how Whedon gives Natasha too much love at all - he portrayed her about equal to all the other (male) characters on the team in TA. Besides I think Natasha's position as the main female hero in the MCU, for now, will ensure she's alive, at least through Phase III. TA's success hinged on the fact that it played very strongly to men AND women both. BW is the strongest female presence in all the films IMO; to get rid of her would be killing the four quadrant appeal that made Avengers the third highest-grossing movie of all time.

As someone who was unsure about the whole Steve/Natasha relationship/broship/friendship in CA:TWS, I'm on board for whatever so long as it's written and developed well and not rushed and doesn't simply reduce Natasha to "love interest". Although, from the way Scarlett is talking and the feedback from the footage suggests, I think my fears of BW being diminished in this movie are being answered.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #390
BoredGuy
Killing Time

well I want plenty of female heroes in the MCU
I just don't like BW enough to have her be the be all and end all of female "super"heroes
The big draw in Avengers was seeing the big 4 together, and yet BW had more screentime than either Thor or Hulk, to me that's "too much love"

basically, if she has more screentime in this than Winter Soldier, who the movie's partly named after, I'll be super pissed

Last edited by BoredGuy; 09-17-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #391
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I understand, but until they introduce more female superheroes they're not going to minimize Widow's time in the movies. She's a pretty big draw to get females in the seats. I'm not saying any of this because I think she's the be all end all of female superheroes, but she is the only one we have in the MCU right now and she's portrayed by a hot (popular and talented) actress. So yeah, she's going to get a ton of screentime, especially since she's holding up the female quotient of a very XY chromosome-heavy team.

At least I do know Wanda Maximoff's coming, and I'm hoping that they bring in Carol Danvers and Janet Van Dyne very soon.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #392
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, the reason why I'm excited about the aspect of Black Widow potentially being romantically linked with someone, let alone it being Steve of all people, is that it allows us to see another layer of her personality, one that hasn't been seen in previous films.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #393
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
well I want plenty of female heroes in the MCU
I just don't like BW enough to have her be the be all and end all of female "super"heroes
The big draw in Avengers was seeing the big 4 together, and yet BW had more screentime than either Thor or Hulk, to me that's "too much love"

basically, if she has more screentime in this than Winter Soldier, who the movie's partly named after, I'll be super pissed
No the big draw of Avengers was seeing the TEAM together, including BW and Hawkeye. Thor/Hulk had solo films to develop their characters, BW didn't, so Whedon developed her, good for him. BW got more screentime, so what, Thor and Hulk got plenty of badass moments (Hulk was the fan favorite), so screentime is irrelevant. How dare Whedon give a character who isn't one of the precious Big 4 some development and character, the bastard.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #394
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No the big draw of Avengers was seeing the TEAM together, including BW and Hawkeye. Thor/Hulk had solo films to develop their characters, BW didn't, so Whedon developed her, good for him. BW got more screentime, so what, Thor and Hulk got plenty of badass moments (Hulk was the fan favorite), so screentime is irrelevant. How dare Whedon give a character who isn't one of the precious Big 4 some development and character, the bastard.
I agree, it was great seeing Black Widow fleshed out A LOT in "The Avengers" since we didn't get to see that much of her own personality in "Iron Man 2". I loved on how they showed that she could be vulnerable when we saw her traumatized and shaken up from being chased by the Hulk and yet allowing her to have her own winning moments against the villains in the film and not treating her as the eye candy of the film simply because she was the only female member of the group, which is something that many directors could have fallen prey to.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #395
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
I agree, it was great seeing Black Widow fleshed out A LOT in "The Avengers" since we didn't get to see that much of her own personality in "Iron Man 2". I loved on how they showed that she could be vulnerable when we saw her traumatized and shaken up from being chased by the Hulk and yet allowing her to have her own winning moments against the villains in the film and not treating her as the eye candy of the film simply because she was the only female member of the group, which is something that many directors could have fallen prey to.
Yep. I adore the development of BW in the MCU. Scarlet's really done an amazing job conveying depth to Widow's character, as well as a buttkicker... I still love the BTS vids of Scarlet doing stuntwork and Favereau saying how dedicated she was to getting Natasha just right.

I agree too that Joss developed Widow more in The Avengers because she hasn't had her own movie yet. Hope that changes in the future; if no Ms. Marvel on the horizon, why not give us a Black Widow spy caper movie?

Old 09-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #396
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Well ya know its funny, cuz i really don't wanna sound like I'm bashing Widow
She had some great scenes in Avengers, I really liked her parts
I just don't wanna see her get top billing next to Evans when its really not her movie, or at least it shouldn't be
But because its her, a ton of the interviews and clips building up to the release will feature her specifically
Again, this is Cap and Bucky's movie, not Natasha's, if they wanna draw in the female demo, great, show her, and show Van Camp and Smulders, they should be strong supporting characters. I just don't wanna see this advertised as basically, "Chris Evans and Scarlet Johannsen on the run, gettin' all steamy!"

Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #397
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
He gives her plenty of love, more than he gave Steve or Thor, IMHO, but it isn't too much love. If there's any character Whedon gave too much love to, it's Tony.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #398
Loki882
Side-Kick

I keep hearing that Tony got too much focus, and I just don't see it. Steve got the most screentime, and Banner and Widow got the most character stuff to do. Tony may have been an audience favorite, but that's simply because RDJ is Mr. Charisma. How did Tony get all the focus, explain it to me?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #399
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I keep hearing that Tony got too much focus, and I just don't see it. Steve got the most screentime, and Banner and Widow got the most character stuff to do. Tony may have been an audience favorite, but that's simply because RDJ is Mr. Charisma. How did Tony get all the focus, explain it to me?
Steve got a mere thirty seconds more screentime than Tony did.

And to me, it doesn't matter for how long characters are on screen, but what they do while they're there.

And sadly, a lot of what Steve did with his screentimes is make Tony look better. Steve gets beaten silly by Loki so Tony can show up and save the day. Steve expresses doubts about Banner while Tony is supportive, and ultimately Tony is proven to be in the right. And so on.

Charisma has little to do with Tony being the one who saves the entire city by diverting the nuke.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #400
Loki882
Side-Kick

Loki surrendered on purpose, he could have killed Tony easily if he wanted to. EVERYONE expresses fear of HULK, not Banner, and they have damn good reasons to. Just because Hulk ultimately helps out doesn't change his destructive past, so they're concerns were valid. Tony wouldn't have diverted that nuke if it weren't for Cap's "lay down for a comrade" speech and calling Tony out on his self-absorption, so even that complaint is debatable.

Closed Thread