The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #501
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

I don't get the big deal about the hair, I think the straight hair fits her stoic character. Couldn't care less about how sexy or not it makes her, seems irrelevant.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #502
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

The big complaint seems to be that it's not "sexy" enough. She's a master spy/assassin, I'd imagine that practicality is much more important to her than looking good.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #503
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I wish BW would use her special bracelets; it seems like the only time she uses them was back in IM2, and it was used very briefly. Firing pistols is just too generic and very pedestrian.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #504
ctsketch
Side-Kick

She used them on the chiatauri

Old 10-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #505
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
She used them on the chiatauri
I watched the movie several times but I don't remember seeing it. Do you hsve a pic?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #506
CB Fan
The Watcher

It's a horribly brief shot where she uses them as a taser. I want her to use them more like she does in the comics.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #507
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I watched the movie several times but I don't remember seeing it. Do you hsve a pic?
It is the scene when she is on the car, attempting the triangle choke. She punches the back of the neck.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #508
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I'm wondering if BW will have any sort of relationship to WS... I don't think their would be any romantic relationship, but maybe a student-teacher type of relationship??

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 10-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #509
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I don't get the big deal about the hair, I think the straight hair fits her stoic character. Couldn't care less about how sexy or not it makes her, seems irrelevant.

My fave hairstyle of BW is the one I am sure I'll never see on screen. I loved her short and punky 80's/early 90's look. It just makes more sense to me. She never looked better than in the Uncanny X-Men issue drawn by Lee in the early 90's.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #510
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
I'm wondering if BW will have any sort of relationship to WS... I don't think their would be any romantic relationship, but maybe a student-teacher type of relationship??
I believe that Kevin Feige did say that BW and WS have some kind of connection in the MCU, but he didn't say what that connection was. Given how well written the Bucky/Natasha stuff is, and how popular the pairing was, I think that it would be a mistake not to explore it in some capacity, especially if they're in the same movie. Both Stan and Scarjo have also mentioned wanting to do it as well in the past.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #511
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I believe that Kevin Feige did say that BW and WS have some kind of connection in the MCU, but he didn't say what that connection was. Given how well written the Bucky/Natasha stuff is, and how popular the pairing was, I think that it would be a mistake not to explore it in some capacity, especially if they're in the same movie. Both Stan and Scarjo have also mentioned wanting to do it as well in the past.
I wouldn't be surprised though if for the MCU take on it, if they did have a past together, that it wasn't one where they were lovers but where the WS helped train her when she was learning the nature of the game.

Marvel Studios has a strange tendency to friend zone a lot of the canon romantic relationships from the comics if seemingly suits their needs as of late.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #512
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised though if for the MCU take on it, if they did have a past together, that it wasn't one where they were lovers but where the WS helped train her when she was learning the nature of the game.

Marvel Studios has a strange tendency to friend zone a lot of the canon romantic relationships from the comics if seemingly suits their needs as of late.
I don't think Bucky even trained her in the past, because he has one program, and one program only: assassinate a specific target. Then he's put back on ice until needed again. There's no room in there for him to train anybody, let alone get to know and like/love them.

I know the Tasha-Bucky 'shippers will cry foul, but I strongly doubt there's any connect between their MCU counterparts at all. The movie previews have shown them to be nothing but two enemies trying to kill each other.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #513
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't think Bucky even trained her in the past, because he has one program, and one program only: assassinate a specific target. Then he's put back on ice until needed again. There's no room in there for him to train anybody, let alone get to know and like/love them.

I know the Tasha-Bucky 'shippers will cry foul, but I strongly doubt there's any connect between their MCU counterparts at all. The movie previews have shown them to be nothing but two enemies trying to kill each other.
Im still hoping that they do have some sort of connection. Maybe something as simple as Bucky found her and brought her back with him to his handlers. The first deviation from his programming or something.

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 10-27-2013, 01:58 AM   #514
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I don't think we've seen a tenth of material to give us an idea about ANYTHING in this film outside of it being an adaptation of the comic WS story. And a loose one at that.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #515
Loki882
Side-Kick

Them being enemies doesn't preclude a past connection. WS and BW could have had their minds messed with again and thus don't initially remember each other. Also, I've seen nothing to indicate that BW is trying to kill him. Also, a past romance doesn't really preclude Natasha developing in the present.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #516
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

I'm not sure how much time can be devoted to a Natasha/Bucky romance when Bucky first needs to be established as a villain and then potentially get his head straightened out. Developing a relationship between those two may need to wait so we can actually see stuff that matters.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #517
Loki882
Side-Kick

It doesn't need to be a huge thing, just a couple of quick scenes/flashbacks.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #518
Bren
Forevernoob

If BW shows some kind of knowledge of WS from her 'bad old days' and expresses an element of fear or at least apprehension at the idea he is their foe, that would be enough and great for me.

Certainly for me personally, I'd think I'd prefer them not to shoe-horn a heavy past relationship of any kind. She knows of him, she knows how good he is, so she is worried - nice.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #519
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If BW shows some kind of knowledge of WS from her 'bad old days' and expresses an element of fear or at least apprehension at the idea he is their foe, that would be enough and great for me.

Certainly for me personally, I'd think I'd prefer them not to shoe-horn a heavy past relationship of any kind. She knows of him, she knows how good he is, so she is worried - nice.
No! They must have the emotional ride that is their past love life...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #520
Bren
Forevernoob

That girl needs a man and the rabbit looks delicious.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #521
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
She was quite good in the Horse Whisperer, which ironically also starred Robert Redford. She was amazing in Lost in Translation with Bill Murray. I also really liked her in Don John.
What's ironic about that? All I see is coincidence.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #522
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Although I dont think a communist entity will be the bad guys, I think the symbol on WS's bionic arm refers to Bucky and Natasha's past relationship

Old 10-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #523
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Call me crazy, but I think that, if they need to include a romantic subplot, it aught to be one involving that one guy, I think there's a Captain in his name.

I'm putting my money on a student/master relationship for Bucky&Natasha, and Natasha getting with Steve.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #524
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Yeah, with everything that's going on within this film, until proven otherwise, I think they'll be focusing more on building that intimate friendship between Steve and Natasha rather than toying with the concept that Natasha and Winter Soldier are former lovers.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #525
BoredGuy
Killing Time

but see, I always find ex-lovers more interesting than budding romance
there's so much more fun tension to exploit

but I'm sure you guys are right, we're gunna get stuck with Cap and Widow having awkward relations

Closed Thread