The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #526
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

I don't see why the can't do both. BW maybe being romantically involved with WS in the past does not mean that she can't be involved with someone in the present, since her relationship with WS is long over. And no, I don't think that it would reduce her as a character to have a love interest, as long as that's not ALL there is to her.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #527
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Idk
something about Evans-Cap and Johanssen-Widow getting together just makes me queasy, don't know why
he's too much of a good old boy(not in a hillbilly way), the s**t she'd do in bed would downright frighten Cap

Old 10-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #528
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Idk
something about Evans-Cap and Johanssen-Widow getting together just makes me queasy, don't know why
he's too much of a good old boy(not in a hillbilly way), the s**t she'd do in bed would downright frighten Cap
Heh… that's kind of why I've started getting onboard with the idea. Although I would hope that Marvel would stay away from "Good guy wants to change the bad girl" trope and if they have Widow hook up with Cap, have it be for the sake of hooking them up.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #529
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Heh… that's kind of why I've started getting onboard with the idea. Although I would hope that Marvel would stay away from "Good guy wants to change the bad girl" trope and if they have Widow hook up with Cap, have it be for the sake of hooking them up.
I think it'll prove to be somewhat of the opposite of "good guy wants to change the bad girl." I think Tasha will initiate the relationship, and it's more about her seeking redemption and "clearing the red from her ledger" by finding something pure in this paladin figure.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #530
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Idk
what, like use him like a pommel horse?

Old 10-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #531
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
what, like use him like a pommel horse?

That's just the warm-up, friend.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #532
Loki882
Side-Kick

BW has already changed, she's not burning down hospitals or killing Russian's guy's daughters anymore. Also, Steve is a super soldier, I'm sure that gives him "advantages" in bed.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #533
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
BW has already changed, she's not burning down hospitals or killing Russian's guy's daughters anymore. Also, Steve is a super soldier, I'm sure that gives him "advantages" in bed.
Based on what we've seen when it comes to a couple's intimacy within the MCU as of late, why do I get the feeling that poor old Steve won't be shown or given a chance to prove to people that he won't be the 90 year old virgin by the conclusion of WS?lol

Old 10-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #534
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Call me crazy, but I think that, if they need to include a romantic subplot, it aught to be one involving that one guy, I think there's a Captain in his name.

I'm putting my money on a student/master relationship for Bucky&Natasha, and Natasha getting with Steve.
But Sharon Carter's in this movie. To me, it seems like Steve and Natasha have a brother/sister relationship. I think Steve might get with Sharon, but some people might think that's creepy with Sharon being related to Peggy. I wouldn't mind a relationship between Cap and BW if they can sell the concept to me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #535
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Based on what we've seen when it comes to a couple's intimacy within the MCU as of late, why do I get the feeling that poor old Steve won't be shown or given a chance to prove to people that he won't be the 90 year old virgin by the conclusion of WS?lol
Do you honestly believe that Tony and Pepper DIDN'T sleep together just because they didn't show it? It was pretty obvious that they did.
There are ways to make this point in a roundabout way.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #536
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Yeah I doubt there's gunna be a sex scene in any Marvel films
the closest they've had was implied tony stark sex
but that don't mean they're all virgins

besides, Steve's just been "too busy"

Old 10-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #537
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah, I was watching CATFA the other day, and there's this point during the song where this beautiful woman walks up to him all like "hi" and he's a like "hi" and then the camera flashes... and we just don't see any. more. of. that. interaction. I'm like... 'what happened there... did they just...' yeah, so not seeing the virgin thing. You'll notice when the girl comes on to him at the base, he's all standoffish like "Oh I know where this is going" as opposed to "oh gosh, a girl likes me!"

Old 10-31-2013, 12:23 AM   #538
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Yeah, I was watching CATFA the other day, and there's this point during the song where this beautiful woman walks up to him all like "hi" and he's a like "hi" and then the camera flashes... and we just don't see any. more. of. that. interaction. I'm like... 'what happened there... did they just...' yeah, so not seeing the virgin thing. You'll notice when the girl comes on to him at the base, he's all standoffish like "Oh I know where this is going" as opposed to "oh gosh, a girl likes me!"
I agree. The "90 Year Old Virgin" is just a myth that's good for a few misplaced yucks, but that's it. Hell, even when he was Scrawny Steve, he was still dating chicks, as seen in the double-date with Bucky at the expo. Steve's date there wasn't in the least bit turned off by him being a skinny runt; she was just pissed that he was ignoring her in favor of playing Soldier Boy.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #539
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Steve not only had that admirer (and presumably others), but he traveled the country with a troupe of beautiful chorus girls for months. He was the hottest patriotic bachelor in America during wartime, when men were hard to come by. It's hard for me to believe that he didn't at least date during all that time he spent surrounded by available women. Some fans have claimed that Steve would have been "saving himself" for Peggy, but the two of them weren't in a relationship. She was at the front with the SSR while he was off selling War Bonds. It was only after they started working together that their initial attraction grew into something more.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:54 AM   #540
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Do you honestly believe that Tony and Pepper DIDN'T sleep together just because they didn't show it? It was pretty obvious that they did.
There are ways to make this point in a roundabout way.
lol..oh no, I mean I know that Tony and Pepper slept with each other. I was actually referring to a little spoiler regarding..

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
how Thor and Jane never consummate their relationship in the new film, and how Bruce Banner couldn't even get back in bed with Betty due to his Hulk issue.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #541
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Steve not only had that admirer (and presumably others), but he traveled the country with a troupe of beautiful chorus girls for months. He was the hottest patriotic bachelor in America during wartime, when men were hard to come by. It's hard for me to believe that he didn't at least date during all that time he spent surrounded by available women. Some fans have claimed that Steve would have been "saving himself" for Peggy, but the two of them weren't in a relationship. She was at the front with the SSR while he was off selling War Bonds. It was only after they started working together that their initial attraction grew into something more.
Well I wouldn't say that he was saving himself for Peggy, but he kind of came off as the old fashioned type that would prefer to find the right partner (marriage quality) before going down an intimate road with a woman, which wasn't a strange quality for some men to have during that era from what I've read and been told.

Plus, him misunderstanding the concept of "fondue" and being so shy around that military woman felt like he was still pretty innocent.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:45 AM   #542
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Idk
Imagine a scene of ScarJo devouring Cap after mating like a legit Black Widow.

I think the pair will develop a respect between each other, share a kiss and then move on in different directions, to meet again in Avengers 2.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 10-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #543
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Imagine a scene of ScarJo devouring Cap after mating like a legit Black Widow.

I think the pair will develop a respect between each other, share a kiss and then move on in different directions, to meet again in Avengers 2.
Either that, or they can just meet each other in a restaurant in Paris after he gives her his mother's necklace.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #544
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well I wouldn't say that he was saving himself for Peggy, but he kind of came off as the old fashioned type that would prefer to find the right partner (marriage quality) before going down an intimate road with a woman, which wasn't a strange quality for some men to have during that era from what I've read and been told.

Plus, him misunderstanding the concept of "fondue" and being so shy around that military woman felt like he was still pretty innocent.
This, exactly.

There's lots of evidence to this - before he was transformed in the super soldier, he shared the car ride with Peggy and made the comment about "waiting for the right partner." And from his conversation with Dr. Erskine the night before, it was about staying the same good person even after his eventual transformation. Another clue... when Peggy is miffed about him kissing the other woman, she shoots the shield and makes the comment about him "still having no clue about women."

Old 10-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #545
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
That bit was just to show Steve facing his newfound celebrity. A few months ago, his date treats him with disgust, but now beautiful women are flocking to him.

It's conceivable that in timeskip between the procedure and his first combat action, Steve could have gotten with a USO girl, or a groupie, or whoever.

But the scenes preceding it imply Steve has abysmal luck with women, and furthermore that he is putting off romantic pursuits until he meets the right partner (Peggy).

And given how a big point is made about Steve remaining who he is after the serum, it would be undermining if Steve went from "all that matters now is the cause, dancing and sec can wait" to "I'm hot now and I can have sex even if none of these women is the right partner"

Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #546
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
But Sharon Carter's in this movie. To me, it seems like Steve and Natasha have a brother/sister relationship. I think Steve might get with Sharon, but some people might think that's creepy with Sharon being related to Peggy. I wouldn't mind a relationship between Cap and BW if they can sell the concept to me.
She's in the movie, but the evidence still points to Natasha becoming Steve's new love interest.

Marvel is pretty good about their romances at putting effort into selling you on the idea of why two characters are supposed to have feeling for one another.

And what we've heard so far is that Natasha works very closely with Steve, and that she's his best friend, and that they learn from each other and have similarities and differences etc.

Meanwhile, we've been told that Sharon is a limited role in scope, and she most likely doesn't work with Cap.

So it would appear not much of an effort is being put into Steve and Sharon.

And then of course there's the imagery in the trailer, Steve protecting Natasha repeatedly and carrying her when she's injured. Then there's the kiss, how ScarJo describes their friendship as growing intimate.

Even Evans, when asked about Steve's new romantic prospects, mentions closure with Peggy, and something developing with Natasha, but nothing about Sharon.

Not to mention, the description of Natasha and Steve's dynamic is almost identical to Steve and Sharon's in the source. Even if Sharon is to be a future love interest, it would come across as repetitive and the audience that's already invested in Natasha is likely to balk at it.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #547
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
This, exactly.

There's lots of evidence to this - before he was transformed in the super soldier, he shared the car ride with Peggy and made the comment about "waiting for the right partner." And from his conversation with Dr. Erskine the night before, it was about staying the same good person even after his eventual transformation. Another clue... when Peggy is miffed about him kissing the other woman, she shoots the shield and makes the comment about him "still having no clue about women."
Lots of women say that men who go around humping everything in a skirt "still have no clue about women." It's not an accusation of virginity; it's simply a complaint about men who care only about themselves and satisfying their sexual desires and not caring about the feelings of women. Pretty sure that was Peggy's vibe at that point.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #548
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Lots of women say that men who go around humping everything in a skirt "still have no clue about women." It's not an accusation of virginity; it's simply a complaint about men who care only about themselves and satisfying their sexual desires and not caring about the feelings of women. Pretty sure that was Peggy's vibe at that point.
Well said.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 11-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #549
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I don't know though... I mean, I just didn't get the impression that Steve Rogers was the kind of guy that would casually date and sleep with women without making a serious commitment to that person.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #550
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I don't know though... I mean, I just didn't get the impression that Steve Rogers was the kind of guy that would casually date and sleep with women without making a serious commitment to that person.
To me he seems to be like Timothy Dalton's Bond when it comes to love. Not spreading his seed far and wide, as it were, preferring to focus on someone in a more deep, one-on-one way. More romantic than sexually driven. Seeking someone special out who has similair traits to him, perhaps. And when doing so, he's commited and puts his soul into it.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Closed Thread