The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #801
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That's pretty damn epic.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #802
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
http://whiskeytangofoxtrot78.tumblr....-julian-totino

Here's an interpretation of the BW poster from a user on Tumblr, and could possibly have been what Marvel was trying to go for with the image….

The only problem I have with it is that Marvel didn't give her an alternate pose for the actual main movie poster. I wish they had her posed more like Fury or Cap for that one; she just looks out of place in that group shot.

But I don't think it's sexist by any means.

Thank you for posting that. I knew that I recognized Scarlett's pose from some work of art but I simply could not place it. Though I can't post the Botticelli piece here because of nudity, anyone who looks it up on Google will see how the poster artfully echoes it in some ways. The image was a very subtle allusion to Scarlett Johansson's renowned beauty.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #803
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

even if it's a platonic scene, gotta love Widow's look in that shot.lol

Old 02-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #804
Loki882
Side-Kick

Then there's the shot of Cap about ten inches from her face while he's backed against a wall when she tells him about WS.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #805
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Then there's the shot of Cap about ten inches from her face while he's backed against a wall when she tells him about WS.
Yeah, I think it's safe to the say that the shot we saw of a hooded figure pushing Black Widow against the wall was Steve after all.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #806
Loki882
Side-Kick

He probably (correctly) guesses that she knows who the WS is and what he wants, and is angry that she didn't tell him before. This trailer does still leave the obvious question open. Do WS and BW have a deeper connection like they do in the comics?

Old 02-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #807
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
even if it's a platonic scene, gotta love Widow's look in that shot.lol

Steve's all hot and dirty, what str8 woman wouldn't be eyeing him like that?

Old 02-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #808
CB Fan
The Watcher

There is nothing wrong with that pose on the solo poster, however on the main poster she looks ridiculous but so does everyone else for that matter even Cap on his own poster (his face looks photo shopped to the body and the helmet looks off).

On the Super bowl Trailer: Widow of course looks bad ass but I was most excited to see that scene of her actually using her gauntlets like she does in the comics so big props to the directors for showing that they are more than "bracelets".

Old 02-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #809
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

"90-year old virgin," my ass.

Definitive proof of some hot and sweaty motel sex between Steve and Tash. Yowza yowza.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #810
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
There is nothing wrong with that pose on the solo poster, however on the main poster she looks ridiculous but so does everyone else for that matter even Cap on his own poster (his face looks photo shopped to the body and the helmet looks off).

On the Super bowl Trailer: Widow of course looks bad ass but I was most excited to see her actually using her gauntlets like she does in the comics so big props to the directors for showing that they are more than "bracelets".
The Russo Bros. have definitely got a good eye for how to highlight the talents of CA, BW, WS, and Falcon. We saw a good display of all their skillsets.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #811
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
The Russo Bros. have definitely got a good eye for how to highlight the talents of CA, BW, WS, and Falcon. We saw a good display of all their skillsets.

I'd say!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #812
SharpTeeth
Side-Kick

I doubt Bucky and Natasha had a romantic relationship. I would love, however, if Natasha had a deeper connection to him beyond him being a legend that she heard of. For example, perhaps she was the one to track him down and turn him in after he went missing while on a mission in America. Perhaps that's why she's so eager to be friends with Steve now - guilt after she found out who he was.

I'm glad to see that Natasha's gadgets are being used. I have to admit though, after seeing her wield the Chitauri scepter in the Avengers, I was hoping FitzSimmons would modify her gauntlets to shoot out that same beam. It would have made a cool long-range weapon.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #813
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"90-year old virgin," my ass.

Definitive proof of some hot and sweaty motel sex between Steve and Tash. Yowza yowza.
Somehow I doubt it.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 02-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #814
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

lol @ "definitive proof"

OMGERD tehy wearin tshirts tehy must have had teh secks!!1!

More brilliant fanfic.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #815
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I'm not really vying for Cap & BW to be a couple or have any type of romance, but if they do I wouldn't necessarily be against it.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #816
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It is wrong that all I could think of was that Cap has turned in to a Seinfeld close talker?

Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #817
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
lol @ "definitive proof"

OMGERD tehy wearin tshirts tehy must have had teh secks!!1!

More brilliant fanfic.
Another visit by Snark Industries....how refreshing.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #818
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'd say!

That is too cool.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 02-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #819
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
I'd say!

Mmm… Sexy McSexSex.

Also, as much as I appreciate getting Chris' muscular body in that tank top… ZOMG whiteness. Cap should take some time, catch some rays or something LOL!

I'm really glad they gave us Widow narrating Soldier's background. I'm so excited to see what they do for Nat's and Bucky's backstories.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:05 AM   #820
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Another visit by Snark Industries....how refreshing.
You started it, chief. Once again things were going smoothly until you reverted to old form. I guess a truce is only an option as long as it's convenient for you, eh?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #821
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
You started it, chief. Once again things were going smoothly until you reverted to old form. I guess a truce is only an option as long as it's convenient for you, eh?
Started what, exactly? Did I piss in your cornflakes or something? You're the one throwing snark at me for no other reason than you don't agree with my opinions about some things. Again, you lash out and try to make everything personal. Why?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #822
Loki882
Side-Kick

Widow pulling a James Bond type maneuver with the grappling hook, with some Batman thrown in for good measure. I LOVE it.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #823
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
I'd say!

So does it retract or does she cut it? Looks like it retracts. The only thing that would psyche me out more would be if she delivered some "Widows Bite" blasts from the gauntlets.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #824
Loki882
Side-Kick

It looks like she cuts it loose to me. I don't see anything retracting, and I've look at it many times.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #825
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Maybe they're single-use and she has several per bracelet? That's what I'm going with.

Closed Thread