The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #201
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Yeah, kind of like that. Only, he'd be in the air. I guess a good visual example would be when Goblin throws the razor bats at him in Raimi's first Spider-Man. I just think it would add a small spectacle for players. Seeing bullets whiz pass the character model, players have that sense of "close call" because they're the ones controlling his body.

I'd love to see something like that implemented.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #202
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I agree that QTE are way overdone in games these days. God of War: Ascension is a prime example of that.

I think TASM used it in unnecessary ways too. I do like however to finish off a boss with a QTE because it can look very epic. But I don't want the boss fight itself to rely on QTE. Neither do I want that in regular combat.

So I very much agree that the Spider Sense could be used in ways that should be lots of fun! I'm not sure however I'd want to have it so much manual that you control his two body halfs with the two sticks. That seems a bit annoying. But yeah Spider Sense does have more potential.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #203
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Yeah the spider sense could use a bit of tweaking but you have to remember that there needs to be a balance in the controls. They get too complicated and fun will turn into frustration and possibly a broken game.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #204
Supa
Side-Kick

I'd like to see a web meter in the next game. After all, we brought back web-shooters, might as well use them. Maybe even a level where you have no web fluid, that could be an interesting challenge.
I've been playing the Spidey game on the PS1 lately, and I'm surpirsed how much they got right compared to other games. For example, the ceiling camera. Why is it so hard for these new ones to have a camera pointing down to where I can see the bad guys?

Maybe use the D-pad/Wii U gamepad as a "weapon select", or something. Like selecting just to tie up the bad guy with web, or to yank him towards you, or to use impact webbing. Have quick combos that can do these moves too. Like punching a few times and pressing the web button launches a webball

Old 05-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #205
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
I've been playing the Spidey game on the PS1 lately, and I'm surpirsed how much they got right compared to other games. For example, the ceiling camera. Why is it so hard for these new ones to have a camera pointing down to where I can see the bad guys?
Um...not sure if you played ASM the game but the camera while crawling on the ceiling was actually pretty good. You could pan it around, look directly down on enemies, and it stayed in place wherever you left it so as you're crawling the camera kept looking in whatever direction you wanted.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #206
Supa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Um...not sure if you played ASM the game but the camera while crawling on the ceiling was actually pretty good. You could pan it around, look directly down on enemies, and it stayed in place wherever you left it so as you're crawling the camera kept looking in whatever direction you wanted.
I found it was too zoomed in, at least on the ceiling. On the wall, it was okay.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #207
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
I'd like to see a web meter in the next game. After all, we brought back web-shooters, might as well use them. Maybe even a level where you have no web fluid, that could be an interesting challenge.

Maybe use the D-pad/Wii U gamepad as a "weapon select", or something. Like selecting just to tie up the bad guy with web, or to yank him towards you, or to use impact webbing. Have quick combos that can do these moves too. Like punching a few times and pressing the web button launches a webball
To be able to control the camera?
You can view the room from ceiling to floor in another perspective in free roam games

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #208
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm not confident there's going to be a game for this one. I'm even less confident that if there is that it will be any good.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #209
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I think there will be. Beenox has been tweeting a lot of TASM 2 stuff recently.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #210
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I wasn't aware. Hopefully they've learned real lessons from the first game if they are. Otherwise I won't be purchasing any game.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #211
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

The only things I had a real problem with in the first game were the webswinging and the physics. If they can fix those things I'll be content.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #212
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I think those would be my main problems with the game as well. That and how glitchy that game was. But that's essentially the meat of a Spider-man game, Beenox really missed the mark there. If you can't get those right then you might as well give up and move onto something else.

I also felt like the combat was a cheap knock off of the Batman: Arkham games. That wouldn't have been a bad thing if they were as comfortable and easy to use, but I just could never get into the fighting of TASM.

Oh and the story. I just hope they have another writer (and/or a good cast) for any new game. That game's story was just utter rubbish. It was just painfully bad.

I could go on, but I think those are the important gripes I have with the game.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #213
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

The story of the first game isn't all that bad

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #214
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
The story of the first game isn't all that bad
Agree to disagree on that part. lol

Old 05-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #215
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Agree to disagree on that part. lol
Pros and Cons?

I have a few cons:
Superbots to cure a virus?
Quarantine of the city is almost non-existent
How come the virus disappeared just after all citizens are cured?

Old 05-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #216
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

It was poorly written. I felt it didn't even try to be in keeping with the film. I think some of the concepts had potential (more cross-species. Smythe and his robots), but they didn't really bother to match the tone of the film and just made it as silly as they could. It felt like some of the worst excesses in comic book type writing. The script was bad and the acting around the same level (with a few exceptions like Nolan North).

Old 05-05-2013, 03:05 AM   #217
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

It is in the end a movie game, story shouldn't play a big role, even if they try to separate it
And I don't get get "bad acting" thing. I mean if you do say Regiel's delivery of jokes, they are meh, comes with the throat, the rest he talked like a normal person would, so eeeh
X-Men TAS is something I can get the idea of bad voice acting in, everyone there speaks really slow, Xavier and Wolverine talk are particularly the worst

Old 05-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #218
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

been playing ultimate spidey for the first time. it's pretty great and shows how treyarch got how to make a spidey game unlike beenox.

my pc version has sound issues up the wazoo, but it is still generally playable (cut scenes loop audio which is lame)

also, i like how they have done combat: you have to target switch to prevent getting blocked and breaking your combo. it reflects how spidey should fight a group of thugs imo: always on the move, overwhelming with his speed and lashing out with his strength in quick, never excessive, flourishes.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #219
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I really, really hope Andrew voices Spider-Man in this game. Last time it was due to scheduling issues (presumably Death of a Salesman), but this time he has nothing on his plate besides ASM2, so I really hope he gets to do it. It would make the experience so much cooler.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #220
Oscorp
Side-Kick

It does seem Beenox is working on an ASM2 game. Or maybe it's just my gut feeling. That would mean they've been working on it since ASM, which would make the dev time unusually long in Activision standards. That's awesome!

However, I'm really not the least excited about a movie license game tbh. I want a game that has a great stand alone story not bound to any movie.

Also, I want a game that doesn't try to look as realistic as possible. That's just boring I think. Something like the graphic style in Spider-Man Noir in SD but with colors would be sweet.

I don't want the game to take itself too seriously either. There should be lots of humour and charm in the midst of seriousness. Like the Uncharted games mixed with the villain encounters in SD.

Also, if the game ends up half as fun to play as Just Cause 2, then I'm very happy!

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #221
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

I hope they don't make something as ridiculous as rat people spitting acid this time, those creeps are annoying

Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #222
TH29
Side-Kick

the swinging needs to be more dynamic and the city needs to be a hundred percent more alive. just give us damn GTA IV with Spider-Man and supervillains in it and we are all set.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #223
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Honestly, I just want a game that sorta takes place in the comic universe. Something like Arkham Asylum. It's not based on anything, it's just a game full of characters we know and love.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #224
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

All I really want is the swinging to be fun again, and a swing kick like Web of Shadows (best swing kick) to be added

Old 05-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #225
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Just as long as it's not as floaty as TASM and it doesn't have a lazy just press/hold down one button and forget about it. I'm not saying that swinging should be the super complex, but it would be nice if you could have considerably more control over swinging than we saw in TASM. I want to be able to do tricks and stuff and not have to put up with the two or three recycled animations again and again as well as a swing mechanic that feels totally off.

Closed Thread