The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Are the screening responses a good sign for MOS?
Yes. 46 73.02%
No. 2 3.17%
I don't think they mean much. 15 23.81%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:04 AM   #51
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS review and speculation thread

The guy gave GL a 7.5/10. Just saying.

Spill

Old 05-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #52
Str8 Rippin
Side-Kick

http://danielspicer.blogspot.ca/2013...cer's+Blog)

This one has been around for a couple days I think, so I'm sure a few of you guys have seen it already but its been re-posted so I figured I'd share it again. Once again, no real way of knowing if its fake or not, but he definitely liked it if he did indeed watch it. Has a few potential spoilers, so skip it if you're trying to remain "in the dark".

If its true, a 10/10 is pretty solid.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #53
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manosman View Post
Review:

http://wlswarts.blogspot.com.au/2013...asons-big.html

Very minor spoilers, nothing new if you've seen the trailers/tv spots
That sounds so vague and not in a I don't want to spoil it for anyone way but in a I've seen the trailers and here is my rundown on how the movie will turn out kind of way. And the whole site and the reviewer just seem fishy.

So not buying it. And not because of his score or anything. If the review would be real it would be great. If the biggest complaint someone can have about a Superman/superhero origin/alien invasion type film is that the story is predictable than that is just fantastic! But the guy also gave GL a 7.5 and wrote this: The Good: Amazing special effects, Good character development, Wonderful acting, Smart characters. - Yeah, what GL movie did he see I wonder... I'd rather hope he didn't see MOS. Plus I noticed he went on to imdb message boards to post a link to this so called review. So first he breaks the embargo and then he goes to imdb to promote it?

But I'll say this, I don't like the fact that people aren't even allowed to tweet that they've seen it. Why such a strict embargo if the movie is truly so good? Either way the premiere is in 12 days so I hope the embargo is lifted then.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #54
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Edit

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 05-29-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #55
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
That sounds so vague and not in a I don't want to spoil it for anyone way but in a I've seen the trailers and here is my rundown on how the movie will turn out kind of way. And the whole site and the reviewer just seem fishy.

So not buying it. And not because of his score or anything. If the review would be real it would be great. If the biggest complaint someone can have about a Superman/superhero origin/alien invasion type film is that the story is predictable than that is just fantastic! But the guy also gave GL a 7.5 and wrote this: The Good: Amazing special effects, Good character development, Wonderful acting, Smart characters. - Yeah, what GL movie did he see I wonder... I'd rather hope he didn't see MOS. Plus I noticed he went on to imdb message boards to post a link to this so called review. So first he breaks the embargo and then he goes to imdb to promote it?

But I'll say this, I don't like the fact that people aren't even allowed to tweet that they've seen it. Why such a strict embargo if the movie is truly so good? Either way the premiere is in 12 days so I hope the embargo is lifted then.
He was very harsh towards IM3 and STID and gave TDK a 10/10. Maybe that's just his taste in movies.
The point being, judging by the evidence MOS could either be crap and he gave it a high score or it could be good and he's being honest.
Saying it's fake just because GL got 7.5 and something he done on IMDB isn't a fair point at all IMO.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #56
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:

WB seem to do this every time. Last year people weren't allowed to tweet about TDKR until after the junkets. On the other hand, people were encouraged to tweet about GL. I think the embargo will lift soon, maybe post the junkets this weekend.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #57
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Yeah I didn't buy it from the get go. They were telling people to tweet about Fast & Furious 6 when I went to the press screening and handed out cards with all social network contacts and phrases so you could.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #58
king666
(‿)

@LacombeCinemas

Quote:
Still in St Johns NL and get to see screening of #ManofSteel from #WarnerBros in a few hours then off to George St to be screeched in!!??!!
and...

Quote:
@notrip_22 I can say whether or not I liked it

Old 05-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #59
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Yeah I didn't buy it from the get go. They were telling people to tweet about Fast & Furious 6 when I went to the press screening and handed out cards with all social network contacts and phrases so you could.
So this movie is worse than fast 6?

Old 05-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #60
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
So this movie is worse than fast 6?
Not at all. They just aren't using that marketing technique.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #61
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think the reasoning is quite simple. I don't think WB is too afraid of bad press or they wouldn't be doing screenings this early. But they also don't want the movie being cheapened by having all the big resolution spoiled as well as any major plot points, twists and character moments. And in a sort've well where do we draw the line they've just gone with a broad stroke and put a full 'no nothing' embargo on it. It's just protecting the integrity and sanctity of the full experience for everyone on June 14th. I think it actually speaks of even more confidence in the movie.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #62
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I think the reasoning is quite simple. I don't think WB is too afraid of bad press or they wouldn't be doing screenings this early. But they also don't want the movie being cheapened by having all the big resolution spoiled as well as any major plot points, twists and character moments. And in a sort've well where do we draw the line they've just gone with a broad stroke and put a full 'no nothing' embargo on it. It's just protecting the integrity and sanctity of the full experience for everyone on June 14th. I think it actually speaks of even more confidence in the movie.
Yeah, because some twitter users are donut holes and the first thing they will say would be the grand twist, if there is any. #I never knew that Zod is Superman's brother!#

Old 05-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #63
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Yeah, because some twitter users are donut holes and the first thing they will say would be the grand twist, if there is any. #I never knew that Zod is Superman's brother!#

Or #I didn't know Clark was actually a genetically modified dragon!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #64
mad-sci
Side-Kick

AND at the risk of flogging a dead horse, look at STID and IM3.

Both have made money, true. But what about the headaches and arguments caused by leaked spoilers via twitter?

How many 'Mandarin' reveals?

The post-credit 'spoiler'?

Cumberbatch's role?

How each film ends?

Maybe a film studios realised that Twitter might not be that useful to hide spoilers for a film?

IF MOS is bad, WB would have shown a lot less confidence. ALL the money shots would have been in Trailers 3 and 4 (they weren't), marketing would be over saturated 100% (it's not), and most sites WOULD know (nobody has heard anything bad).

Oh, and btw...

World War Z and This Is The End is allowing Twitter reviews? 2 high risk films that NEED fan support? Hmmm...

2 reviews I DO want to read are Drew's at Hitfix and Devin at BAD. Agree or disagree with them, they are articulate and passionate...

Old 05-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #65
ProjectionList
Newbie First Class

Drew at HitFix tweeted, 40 mins ago:

Weird ass casting rumor coming in a moment. I'm out the door, though. Up, up and away!

(means he's on his way to the screening)

Last edited by ProjectionList; 05-29-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #66
JOE

How many screenings are going on today?

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. SpideyK"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 05-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #67
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

After expecting twitter reactions for two straight days and not getting any there had better be some tonight!

Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #68
Autonet
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
After expecting twitter reactions for two straight days and not getting any there had better be some tonight!
I'm waiting patiently.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #69
geetard
ULLLTIMATE WARRRRIOR!

Quote:
Reaction from a trade screening for 'Man of Steel' today have people claiming "It's the best comic book movie ever."June 14th judgment day
https://twitter.com/NukeTheFridge/st...78197103583232

Old 05-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #70
Strafer
Side-Kick

It begins...

Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #71
Tra-El
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/SixEchoJnz/statu...70564187512833

https://twitter.com/SixEchoJnz/statu...81092540661761

Old 05-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #72
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

And yet once again we have to tell everyone....keep the sexual comments at home.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #73
Visiting Arkham
Side-Kick

This was tweeted 40 minutes ago by a woman named Kim @kkjordan. She is pals with a large portion of the movie blog community, though I'm not sure if she is press or not. Anyway, Drew McWeeney retweeted it, and they were both at the screening 6 hours ago.

Quote:
I feel like I won the lottery and can't talk about winning the lottery.
https://twitter.com/kkjordan/status/339901616683638784

I can only assume that is in response to the screening, and if so, hooray.

Last edited by Visiting Arkham; 05-29-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #74
JOE

I love the first Twitter reaction. But then again, all initial movie reactions are a bit exaggerated. Take them with a grain of salt everyone.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. SpideyK"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #75
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I love the first Twitter reaction. But then again, all initial movie reactions are a bit exaggerated. Take them with a grain of salt everyone.
Out of curiosity did the early reviews hail GL as "the best CBM of all time"?

Closed Thread