Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #101
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
There's an inherent youth to Spider-Man and, from a certain POV, I get why people don't want a Spidey actor who looks older than a certain age. However, Garfield looks very youthful and, if they released 1 movie every 2 years, I could see him being Spidey for 6 films.

Unlike the Nolan and Raimi films, these ones seem to be more episodic in nature, a la the MCU efforts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
garfield, assuming he wants to, could play spider-man for another decade. he looks so young for his age, so by the time he is 40 he will look 30, which is fine for peter parker.

Garfield looks young enough that when he is in his 30s he could still get away with playing a 20 something Peter is rumored to be graduating High School and starting College in ASM2.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #102
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuflipflops View Post
there was literally nothing of the sort, though? what was reported was that she would have a small role in 2 and she'd be the lead in 3, but even that's questionable (even if it was from a reliable source) because who knows if the studio is willing to give up emma.

you're all kidding yourselves if you think this will go for more than 3 movies. andrew will certainly not be up for it, and no one would want a 35-40 year-old peter, and that's how old he'll be by the time these 4, 5, 6 movies would be done.
I'm not talking about the THR article. There was another report that came out talking about her role on the film that mentioned she signed for three films.

But even if she didn't, the film series will still continue past 3. What part of they are contractually obligated to make the films don't you understand? There will be fourth film by default, as well as a fifth, sixth, and seventh if Sony wants to keep the rights. Obviously they're not going to reboot again, so they will keep the film franchise within the continuity of different characters. Sony will throw money at Andrew and if he accepts, he accepts. But even if he doesn't return for more films, they'll just soldier on with a new actor. It will work the same way as the MCU.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #103
RT59103
Side-Kick

I agree, Garfield doesn't seem to age, I'm sure he will still look young enough to pull off early 20's while he's actually in his mid 30's. Whether or not he still wants to do it is another story. If these movies continue to happen every two years, I don't think he would. Like every actor, I'm sure he wants to do other things, but if the script was good and there was at least a 3 year gap, I think he would at least consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Sony will throw money at Andrew and if he accepts, he accepts. But even if he doesn't return for more films, they'll just soldier on with a new actor. It will work the same way as the MCU.
I hope they throw good money at him, he deserves it. I'm still shocked they only gave him $500,000 for the first movie (compared to Tobey who got 4 million to start) I hope he got a substantial pay raise for TASM 2, he's worth it. I heard a rumour he's getting $3 million? For us average folk, that's enormous, but considering Tobey got $17.5 million for the second movie, that's dirt cheap.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #104
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Anyway, I hope to see an official pic of MJ soon.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #105
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

^ Same, but I'm getting the feeling that she won't be as big a character for an official promo pic. Stills for sure though.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #106
TH29
Side-Kick

I want Garfield to be Pete/Spidey for a long time. He was great in the first and will only get better and seems to have a real sense of pride and care for the character, something I never got from Tobey. And I agree, he is young enough looking that he could play this role for years and still look youthful. Also Spider-Man ages, so Im fine with that too. I want something that expands beyond 3 films already, its Spider-Man there is plenty of material to inspire and carry on this particular series.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #107
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH29 View Post
I want Garfield to be Pete/Spidey for a long time. He was great in the first and will only get better and seems to have a real sense of pride and care for the character, something I never got from Tobey. And I agree, he is young enough looking that he could play this role for years and still look youthful. Also Spider-Man ages, so Im fine with that too. I want something that expands beyond 3 films already, its Spider-Man there is plenty of material to inspire and carry on this particular series.
I'd love for Garfield to play Spider-Man/Peter Parker for a while. Even when they start doing the more "older" era of Spider-Man cinematically.
I honestly think Andrew Garfield wouldn't wanna keep doing Spider-Man movies though for the next 10+ yrs or so though..

Last edited by Nicko-Ray; 03-15-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #108
TH29
Side-Kick

Hey Daniel Radcliffe did 7 harry potter flicks. Id hope Andrew at least does 4-5 total.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #109
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
^ Same, but I'm getting the feeling that she won't be as big a character for an official promo pic. Stills for sure though.
Ah come on, it's Mary Jane, of course they'll give her an official promo pic. Small role or not, it's not really a cameo so we'll get a promo pic of hers for sure.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #110
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Hey Daniel Radcliffe did 7 harry potter flicks. Id hope Andrew at least does 4-5 total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Ah come on, it's Mary Jane, of course they'll give her an official promo pic. Small role or not, it's not really a cameo so we'll get a promo pic of hers for sure.
To both of these.. man I hope so! Haha

Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #111
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:

Huge difference. Radcliffe was a 10 year old no-name when he began. Garfield was already an established actor (and 27 year old adult) when he began with TASM). 10+ years of only big budget action pics is draining. He seems like an intelligent guy. As great as Spider-Man is, he's going to want to do other things as well.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #112
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

He can take on other projects and still continue to star in TASM movies,though.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #113
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

They'll probably have to recast Andrew at one point if he gets too old just like how they're going to recast RDJ soon.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #114
Mr. Dent

If by soon you mean in another 6 years.

Andrew is way younger than RDJ anyway.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #115
TH29
Side-Kick

oh on a side note i love the camp on this site that actually thinks RDJ wont be Iron Man past IM3...its laughable, shortsighted, small thinking and ridiculous to think he wont be involved in Avengers 2.

And yes Andrew can do other projects when not doing ASM movies. People act like its such a horrible idea sometimes that we go past a trilogy for once.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #116
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Garfield looks young enough that when he is in his 30s he could still get away with playing a 20 something Peter is rumored to be graduating High School and starting College in ASM2.
^ Is that Shailene Woodley? She looks even too old to be Aunt May.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #117
RT59103
Side-Kick

Looks like Shailene is going to be one busy girl - she just won the lead in another big movie, based on the hugely popular John Green book, "The Fault In Our Stars". With the Divergent Trilogy and now this...she'll definitely be a household name by the time Spidey comes out.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/03/1...-in-our-stars/

Last edited by RT59103; 03-19-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #118
flux=rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post
Looks like Shailene is going to be one busy girl - she just won the lead in another big movie, based on the hugely popular John Green book, "The Fault In Our Stars". With the Divergent Trilogy and now this...she'll definitely be a household name by the time Spidey comes out.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/03/1...-in-our-stars/
It's the kind of film that could get her an Oscar nomination. Very big role for her.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #119
RT59103
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux=rad View Post
It's the kind of film that could get her an Oscar nomination. Very big role for her.
Yup, it's a juicy role. I see a lot of fans wanting Andrew Garfield to play Augustus opposite her. Hmmm...wouldn't that be something? Highly unlikely, but we can still dream

Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #120
mayo23
Side-Kick

Wow, apparently the script is also written by the same guys that did (500) Days of Summer and The Spectacular Now.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #121
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Yeah, Andrew is one of those guys who probably look about 6+ years younger than he really is. Normally when actors look like this they end up playing characters 10 years younger than themselves. Such as Tom Welling who was 23/24 when he started playing Clark aged 15 on Smallville. Also Charisma Carpenter was in her late 20's when she was still playing a high schooler and got away with it.

I think the difference will start to show in Andrew. I mean I think 28 is the maximum oldest someone should be to play a high-schooler. Garfield is older and I think his age might show. Although, if they had cast a younger actor, e.g Logan Lerman, they could have possibly kept him in school for 3 movies.

Shailene also looks 5+ years younger than she really is. She could easily play a 15 year old.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #122
Johnny
Side-Kick

Damn, how does she work that kind of schedule is beyond me. From a film set to a film set, to her TV show set, back to a film set. That girl is going out of her mind. I'm happy for her though. I just hope there's no scheduling conflicts between her other projects and ASM3 down the line. I don't want to see another Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhaal situation.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #123
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux=rad View Post
I'm so happy for her. She deserve many roles again!

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #124
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

With all those big roles/franchises I hope she won't be too busy though. I'd like to see her again as MJ in TASM3 in a much bigger role

Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #125
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Damn, how does she work that kind of schedule is beyond me. From a film set to a film set, to her TV show set, back to a film set. That girl is going out of her mind. I'm happy for her though. I just hope there's no scheduling conflicts between her other projects and ASM3 down the line. I don't want to see another Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhaal situation.
Yes but if it was a Katie/Maggie recast situation we might get someone hotter.

Closed Thread