The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #351
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Omar and Fan fits the future timeline more, in my opinion. Bishop and Blink on that apocalyptic future feels really cool. Like something straight from the comics or tv shows.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #352
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
The extra 6 spots on that cast sheet could be:

If 4 of them mutants:

havok
banshee
jean
scott...
...too much??

God, with everyone displaying theis powers this movie will be exxxxxpensive!movie
If those 6 spots are all mutants then it seems too much. I hope 3 of those spots are just for cameos/human characters.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #353
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

This is going to be one of the hardest films to get right. It's just crazily ambitious & I really hope they can do it. How it fares will have a massive effect on the future of X-films.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #354
Angamb
Banned User

its not that hard when they have Two comics where the story was told, lol.

I mean, yeah, this sequel will have new characters and subplots, but it isnt as hard as some people make it seem.

Its about good dialogue and balancing the characters well. Not that hard if you ask me. Some characters will be the leads, other secondary roles and then cameos. Its been done many times already, both in movies and comics, so...

Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #355
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

The list of photos Is Intresting.Jennifer Lawrence may get second billing.Also Notice Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellen photos are up after Hugh,Jennifer,James Mcavoy,and Michael Fassbender.It will be Intresting to see who get placed between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.Also notice Ellen Page Is pictured before Anna Paquin.That again makes me curious how the screentime between Rogue and Kitty are balanced.
If this is credit order, I would bet money the reason that Anna Paquin is where she is because she traditionally gets the prestige "...and Anna Paquin" credit in the X-men films.

It actually does look like credit order the more I look at it: the main cast would end at Anna Paquin (with her "and..." credit), with those pictures after her representing the smaller supporting roles (that probably wouldn't even be listed in the open credit roll).

But who would be credited before Berry? I don't think there is anyone else in First Class who could be. If she's being credited after Dinklage she has a small role, that's for sure. Maybe there is another big name joining the cast, or maybe Famke or James gets that spot?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #356
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post

Colossus joins the cast, along with two other actors I'm unsure of!
I wonder if this the order of billing.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #357
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yeah, I would say Singer has more on his plate he needs to get right than Whedon did on Avengers with this. This right here is pretty much going to be THE X-Men movie comic fans have wanted since forever. The others were good pieces of work, but I mean with this large of a cast all together.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #358
lastairbender
Side-Kick

the way please wrote the tweet and the sheet seems like its over, at least for mutants...

Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #359
lastairbender
Side-Kick

the way bryan wrote the tweet and then the sheet seems like casting is over, at least for mutants side..

Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #360
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
If this is credit order, I would bet money the reason that Anna Paquin is where she is because she traditionally gets the prestige "...and Anna Paquin" credit in the X-men films.

It actually does look like credit order the more I look at it: the main cast would end at Anna Paquin (with her "and..." credit), with those pictures after her representing the smaller supporting roles (that probably wouldn't even be listed in the open credit roll).

But who would be credited before Berry? I don't think there is anyone else in First Class who could be. If she's being credited after Dinklage she has a small role, that's for sure. Maybe there is another big name joining the cast, or maybe Famke or James gets that spot?
First thought was cast order too (sorry Wolverine haters).

My guess for the gap before Halle is another key villain. Not buying into Apocalypse just yet, but I do expect another player in this. Getting pretty itchy for some more returning FC cast members now.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #361
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:

The order of listing makes a lot of sense. You have the main core (Jackman, Lawrence, Xavier's and Magneto's, Hoult). The villain needs a substantial role in order for the story to work, so Dinklage follows suit, followed by the other X-Men and the the supporting characters.

The villains have always had a larger role than Storm, so it doesn't mean she'll have a small role. Just she's not as important to the story as whoever Dinklage is playing.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #362
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

The gaps have me intrigued (why have them there at all?). Looks like Singer's got a few surprises he doesn't want us to know about just yet.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #363
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The one In between Peter dinklage and Halle Berry would probally be Rebecca Romijn(If she returns) or actor playing Nixon.

I really think only Jennifer Lawrence,James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,and Nicholas Holt are returing from First Class.The best we can hope If for Havok and Banshee to be recast.

The only way Apocalypse will be In film Is cameo at end.The Sentinles will be villains of future.While Peter Dinklage's character and Nixon be human anataginists and Brotherhood
providing mutant enemies for X-Men

1973 could be divided Into these factions

X-Men

Xavier
Beast
Havok(Recasted)
Banshee(Recasted)

Brotherhood

Magneto
Mystique
Synch
Sunspot

Humans

Trask
Nixon

Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #364
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The one In between Peter dinklage and Halle Berry would probally be Rebecca Romijn(If she returns) or actor playing Nixon.
In what world would Rebecca Romijn be credited before Halle Berry (ignoring the difference in star power, Rebecca has always been one of the last people of the main cast credited, always after the main X-men)? She'd have to have a pretty considerable role for that to happen. I'm betting that spot is not Rebecca.

Maybe another famous actor signed on for an undisclosed (villainous?) role or either Famke or James.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #365
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
The order of listing makes a lot of sense. You have the main core (Jackman, Lawrence, Xavier's and Magneto's, Hoult). The villain needs a substantial role in order for the story to work, so Dinklage follows suit, followed by the other X-Men and the the supporting characters.

The villains have always had a larger role than Storm, so it doesn't mean she'll have a small role. Just she's not as important to the story as whoever Dinklage is playing.
but you're talking significance of role, not credit order. Credit order doesn't necessarily indicate a significant role (see Halle Berry's credit order in the original trilogy). I guess Dinklage's star has just risen a lot. I expect the same size role for Storm as in the other films - i.e. some effects sequences and no importance to the plot.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #366
Angamb
Banned User

and how on earth the x-men of the 70's would only be three?? Lol

The X-Men team on the 70's should be big enough, at least 5 characters, its 11 years after FC.

And its really ridiculous to have the x-men of the future being so much bigger than the past, when they are in.... well, an apocalyptic world, while the 70's x-men arent.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #367
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

If the roster from the future travels to 1973, then I'd be fine with Beast being the only X-Man from 1973, but if there is a team in each timeline, then I'd like to see at least 3 others join Beast (Havok, Banshee, Cyclops/Jean/Storm/Polaris/Sunfire).

Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #368
TheComicbookKid
Coulda Woulda Shoulda

I bet a new Emma Frost is one of the gaps.

Singer was going to use her in X3.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #369
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

LOL at Anna Paquin still getting the "... and" credit!

I wouldn't be surprised if its the credit order. Though Jennifer Lawrence gets a lot of credit for having the 2nd billing. Her Oscars win really helped her.

Quote:
In what world would Rebecca Romijn be credited before Halle Berry (ignoring the difference in star power, Rebecca has always been one of the last people of the main cast credited, always after the main X-men)? She'd have to have a pretty considerable role for that to happen. I'm betting that spot is not Rebecca.
Agreed!

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-15-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #370
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Why do so many people keep saying Havok and Banshee recast??

Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #371
TheComicbookKid
Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
and how on earth the x-men of the 70's would only be three?? Lol

The X-Men team on the 70's should be big enough, at least 5 characters, its 11 years after FC.
It's a school. Meaning there should be an entire house full of kid mutants. The "teachers" as in X1 would be the older X-men like Beast and Xavier. Whoever else they get should look old enough to be a teacher for the students.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #372
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
it's really one person, actually

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #373
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:

They don't think the actors look old enough to play older versions of their characters from FC. I disagree since with the right hair, clothes, and make up, making them look older shouldn't be difficult.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #374
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You do realize If they use time travel to change things for future films they can't use any In past for future films

The fact only 4 actors from First Class are returning screams to me DOFP Is end of first Class era and future films are set more In present.In some ways this Is X4.

It's fairly obvious any more mutants will largely be In background,and used for action
sequenzes.

If photos reperesent cast list Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellen are credited after James Mcavoy and and Michael Fasbender but before Nicholas Holt and Peter Dinklage.With
Jennifer Lawrence possibly getting second billing It wouldn't be a surprise If Rebecca Romijn If she makes the cut be billed before Halle Berry and younger X-Men from Trilogy.

If Jennifer gets that high In credits what do you want to bet you will see Mystique undercover for large part of film.Maybe secretary at WHite House or assistant to Dinklage.

It will be very Intresting to see how the balance Is between 1973 and future.That and who exactly the time traveler Is are biggest questions once we get the full cast.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #375
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Because of the 11 year gap, so they would look older. And unlike Mystique/Beast, they don't wear prosthetic make-up.

And I think Bingbing will be in the future timeline as well. She's in her early 30s just like Anne, Daniel and Shawn so she could be the one of the X-Men in the future.

Closed Thread