Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #701
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I understand , there should be a First Class series that continues on its own. But what I'm saying is, why limit it? It would be like not going back to the solo films after Avengers. By closing the doors, it limits the possibilities IMO. Not ALL reboots are stupid, let me take what I said back. Making a reboot so soon after the non-rebooted series is stupid I think. I thought some parts of ASM were good, but the entire concept was so soon, it turned me off. Batman Begins was necessary in a post 9/11 world, to reboot movies and make them more realistic and accessable after such a turn of events with B+R. Man of Steel is necessary after Superman Returns and Smallville, two separate continuties that continued to drag out things from 70s movies...to bring things into the Nolan-esq world. I guess what I'm saying is, the original X-Men cast still has so much potential, the casting still holds, the stories are untold and they could do good things with them. Have another First Class movie, another OT type movie, a FF movie, maybe another Wolverine or some other solo character and you can bring them all together for another crossover film in a few years. The layout is all there, they just need to fill in the blanks with movies.

Plus we don't know what new storyline possibilities will arise from this movie. We might end on a cliffhanger with Cable and Apocalypse or something.
Some setup like Thanos in Avengers is possible, but it's something for the fans to squawk at. Nothing that needs to unfold on the big screen any time soon.

The OT was about as realistic and up to date as you could have for X-Men. But as has been said, many of those cast members have moved on. Most of the people coming back will be featured in smaller roles. I am not expecting Xavier and Magneto to be major roles here. And if they are, more appropriate a send off it is.

I think this is the time to completely wrap up the OT. All the pieces are falling into place. I don't see a need to drag this out any longer. I want to see new stories with the new cast. Not even Jackman will do this forever. I'll be shocked if he does another X-Men movie, although W3 is a possibility if The Wolverine is really successful. It's probably time the fans moved on and we introduce the next generation of X-Men (albeit different takes on the same characters). We have a good template to fall back on, or does the next set of film makers at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It's one thing to wait almost 9 years as was done for Batman and reboot.Like as much as I love tim Burton batman films I was ok for that.The problem Is now rebooting again.It almost makes money spent on Batman Begins,The Dark Knight,and The Dark Knight rises a waste of time.That's part of reason I have no Intrest In yet another batman reboot.I don't want to get suckered another time.
To be honest, I don't expect a Batman reboot touching on Wayne's younger years for another few decades. The character will be rebooted as an older self to tie in with the rest of the DC Universe. I think any future solo adaptations will be about specific stories, in the vein of the Arkhum games, or a Dark Knight Returns adaptation. Possibly a Batman Beyond trilogy. Then you have spin-offs with Nightwing and Robin/Batgirl down the line.

Last edited by Mr.M; 03-20-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #702
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Just finished reading DOFP. Got me even more excited!

It's funny how the future events in the comic take place in 2013. Guess we're not that far off. Also, just thought about something. What if we have Kitty, Rogue and Iceman go back to the past to assist the younger X-Men, while Wolverine, Storm and Colossus lead the future battle with the sentinels (just like the DOFP comics). That could be cool to see.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #703
JP
Smelly

Interview with Booboo. Kid is getting huge!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #704
Angamb
Banned User

havent watched the full video yet, but to me he looks even younger than most of his latest pics, lol

let me try to watch it, tho (this damm connection speed! damm, )

Last edited by Angamb; 03-20-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #705
JP
Smelly

Now I'm really wondering if he's playing Thunderbird (bleh). I don't see any other character needing to be that huge.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #706
Angamb
Banned User

Really interesting how he still has long hair, hehe.

I HOPE he is Thunderbird. f*** SHH users opinions about him, lol

I want to see Thunderbird in one movie, as a great nod. And if they want to kill him on this movie, fine. But I want to see him

Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #707
JP
Smelly

God, the hair two. Yeah. He's Thunderbird.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #708
Storm22
Side-Kick

Why are people upset if he's Thunderbird? What powers does Thunderbird have?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #709
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

dont be sad JP, he can really be a great and cool x-man. Its about a great vission from Singer and cool power display, appart from team action.

fingers crossed!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #710
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm22 View Post
He has super speed and strength. But he was only around for like 3 issues then dies.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #711
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm22 View Post
Superhuman strength and super speed, amongst other abilities, so basically he'd be a Native American Beast. He's redundant, and lame, especially since he only appears in like 3 issues and is killed off

Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #712
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I seriously doudt there will be another FC era film after DOFP.If there were why bother correcting things through time travel.And why are so many of first Class actors being dropped.Even If Original trilogy actors only have 40 minutes of screentime and the time travel Is Xavier switching minds between patrick Stewert and James Mcavoy what do you want to bet OT actors scenes will be heavily used for trailers and promation.
The FC cast is locked up for 3 films. They are 100% making another FC sequel. FOX isn't dumb enough to waste an opportunity to cash in on the growing stardom of the FC cast.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #713
def28
Side-Kick

Guess they could always have him be Warpath. Maybe show his brother die to give him some backstory. Doubt it, but never know.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #714
Angamb
Banned User

Singer could easily give him the super speed power, instead to Beast, and his whole look is totally different from the rest of the cast, so he would be a pretty nice addition.

Beast fighting hand to hand and doing acrobatics, and Thunderbird doing some badass stuff using his power while attacking the baddies.

It could be a really cool team sequence, along with the other x-men of the 70's, whoever they end being.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #715
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

If he is Thunderbird (or maybe Warpath), then I hope Singer gives some interesting visual/physical aspect to his abilities. One of the main reasons he was killed off so quickly was because his powers and personality were considered too similar to Wolverine's. They should add something to him to make him more visually unique.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #716
def28
Side-Kick

Claremont interview talks about his opinion on the new X films a bit. Bout half way down. I dont hink this has been posted yet.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...medium=twitter

Quote:
There was a report online that Bryan Singer was talking about integrating Apocalypse into the "Days of Future Past" storyline, which would obviously be a significant evolution from the original material. Again, this is the nature of Hollywood, or as it seems to approach Marvel product. There is a tremendous amount of synergy between existing concepts and the finished film product. It's never a straight, you know, "This week we do 'Harry Potter 1,' next week we do 'Harry Potter 2,' the week after we do 'Harry Potter 3,'" building up to the end. Which from the point of view, purely as a writer, one's reaction is, "Goldarn it."

The reality of the situation is, these guys are professionals, they're filmmakers, they presumably know what they're doing and that's the way it is.

Hopefully the end result will be really good and something that all involved will be proud of. Bryan and Lauren have certainly pulled together, at this point, one crackerjack cast. Not only the existing actors from "X-Men: First Class," but pretty much all the key players from the "X-Men" films. I'm looking forward very much to seeing what comes out of it -- next year. [Laughs]
Quote:
You know, I have the pride of looking in the mirror and saying, "None of this would be there if not for me" on a whole different bunch of levels. If Fox wants to utilize my ability, they know where I am. All they have to do is call -- that's their decision.

Last edited by def28; 03-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #717
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I'm sticking with Sunspot. Yeah, he's not brazillain, but then again Ben Kingsley ain't chinese.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #718
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Maybe because the actors are getting older and some of them may not be able to do this forever, or maybe because we had a shift in focus in FC, so it seems logical to carry on with it... I don't know why other people keep saying it, but I can tell you why I think this may be the last film for them.
The only cast members that are really old are Ian McKellen/Patrick Stewart, and I already said before that they shouldn't bring back so the other characters would get more screentime.

And other than Halle/Hugh/Famke, all of the returning cast members and James Marsden are in their 30s.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 03-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #719
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Very good Interview.His work on Uncanny X-men Is defentive X-Men to me.I agree with most he Is saying on comics.As much as I like Jean It's clear he Is right when he makes
point over what has happened with Cyclops.

I really hope Apocalypse doesn't show up In Days of future past.We are only going to get one shot at doing DOFP onscreen and Apocalypse takes away from the story.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #720
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The only cast members that are really old are Ian McKellen/Patrick Stewart, and I already said before that they shouldn't bring back so the other characters would get more screentime.

And other than Halle/Hugh/Famke, all of the returning cast members and James Marsden are in their 30s.
This Is almost certainly Ian Mckellen's last film as Magneto.But I disagree with
not bringing back Patrick Steart as long as he Is able.Your never going to find
a better Xavier than him.

If you want Sinster and Apocalypse you should hope for next X-Men film after DOFP to be more modern sequel to Days of future Past.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #721
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
I'm sticking with Sunspot. Yeah, he's not brazillain, but then again Ben Kingsley ain't chinese.
Less said about Ben Kingsley as The Mandarian In X-Men forums the better.

If they are bringing In Thunderbird they sure are scraping the barrel to fill the
1973 setting.You may be right on Sunspot.

Well hopefully when filming begins we will have the full cast not counting cameos.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #722
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they are bringing In Thunderbird they sure are scraping the barrel to fill the
1973 setting.
Hahaha Yeah, No one realy likes that character so hes an easy kill nobody will miss. Im sure they want a few deaths in both the future and 70s. Popular character deaths never go good.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #723
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Less said about Ben Kingsley as The Mandarian In X-Men forums the better.

1973 setting.
You may be right on Sunspot.

Well hopefully when filming begins we will have the full cast not counting cameos.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #724
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
This Is almost certainly Ian Mckellen's last film as Magneto.
did he say this? because otherwise i don't think it matters to Mckellen or stewart they will keep returning as long as they keep getting asked to do more

its not like the roles are incredibly physical, stewarts in a wheelchair and Mckellen just makes hand gestures to control metal

i may have to say i disagree this will be his last film

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-20-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #725
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Xavier and magneto are the backbone of the Xmen movies, so i'd imagine they will keep coming back