Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #726
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I seriously doudt there will be another FC era film after DOFP.If there were why bother correcting things through time travel.And why are so many of first Class actors being dropped.Even If Original trilogy actors only have 40 minutes of screentime and the time travel Is Xavier switching minds between patrick Stewert and James Mcavoy what do you want to bet OT actors scenes will be heavily used for trailers and promation.
There stands good chance that we may get another first class film set in the 80s at some point with cyclops and jean, i honestly wouldn't rule it out

It has an impressive cast to waste

But at the same time i also wouldn't be surprised if we got an Xmen 4 after DOFP

Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #727
laytonc32
Side-Kick

I think there might be a film set in the 80s with Apocalypse as the villain. I can't see another X-Men movie with Stewart and Mckellan. They will just be too old to play those characters.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #728
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Very good Interview.His work on Uncanny X-men Is defentive X-Men to me.I agree with most he Is saying on comics.As much as I like Jean It's clear he Is right when he makes
point over what has happened with Cyclops.

I really hope Apocalypse doesn't show up In Days of future past.We are only going to get one shot at doing DOFP onscreen and Apocalypse takes away from the story.

I think if it s a cameo like Thanos it works. He is a cool villain, but I would rather him get a whole story to himself with his horseman and Sinster.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #729
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
This Is almost certainly Ian Mckellen's last film as Magneto.But I disagree with
not bringing back Patrick Steart as long as he Is able.Your never going to find
a better Xavier than him.

If you want Sinster and Apocalypse you should hope for next X-Men film after DOFP to be more modern sequel to Days of future Past.
Patrick Stewart will always be the best Professor X but I think its better that they give him a proper send-off than to just appear in every X-Men movie and have the same role over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
There stands good chance that we may get another first class film set in the 80s at some point with cyclops and jean, i honestly wouldn't rule it out

It has an impressive cast to waste

But at the same time i also wouldn't be surprised if we got an Xmen 4 after DOFP
At this point, a X-Men 4/5 movie has more potential for success. I don't think FOX would make another First Class movie just to feature the "talented cast" of FC and introduce the younger version of Cyke, Ororo and Jean. They already released a First Class movie before and it didn't get a lot of money. I don't think they would want to go in that route again.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-21-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #730
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Maybe the next "X-Men" movie will dare to be something other than being just "X4" or "FC2"

Like this one.

Technically speaking, they never called The Last Stand X3.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #731
Angamb
Banned User

when fans use X3 or X4, they are just codenames. It doesnt mean we want the movies to be called like that.

The thing is to do a fourth movie with full original cast.

DOFP has 8 original actors, but we still need Marsden, Grammer, Cumming and the rest of the crew.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #732
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Patrick Stewart will always be the best Professor X...
See, I hate comments like that.. "Jack Nicholson will always be the best Joker", "Christopher Reeve will always be the best Superman" and so on.

Not that I have anything against Patrick Stewart, on the contrary, I think he's given us one of the best on-screen interpretations of a comic book character ever, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Up until FC, he was the first and only interpretation of the character, and now we got McAvoy who played a much younger version of the character before he became Professor X. Besides, he plays a younger version of Stewart's version in particular, and so far in just one movie, so it's kinda difficult to compare them.

So just because he's the first doesn't necessarily mean he'll always be the best. Or, that you'll never find a better actor for the role. This is very close-minded, to say the least. It's like setting yourself up for disappointment when he eventually gets re-cast by saying things like that, no matter who lands the role next.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #733
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
Technically speaking, they never called The Last Stand X3.
No, they just slapped Wolverine's three claws on the X on the poster like that for no reason:

Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #734
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
See, I hate comments like that.. "Jack Nicholson will always be the best Joker", "Christopher Reeve will always be the best Superman" and so on.

Not that I have anything against Patrick Stewart, on the contrary, I think he's given us one of the best on-screen interpretations of a comic book character ever, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Up until FC, he was the first and only interpretation of the character, and now we got McAvoy who played a much younger version of the character before he became Professor X. Besides, he plays a younger version of Stewart's version in particular, and so far in just one movie, so it's kinda difficult to compare them.

So just because he's the first doesn't necessarily mean he'll always be the best. Or, that you'll never find a better actor for the role. This is very close-minded, to say the least. It's like setting yourself up for disappointment when he eventually gets re-cast by saying things like that, no matter who lands the role next.
Well until someone portrayed Professor X better than Patrick Stewart, he will always be the best Professor X.

And we already had James McAvoy as Professor X (which I really liked) but I still prefer Patrick Stewart's portrayal of FOX.

And who says about the first one is always the best? I don't prefer the straight to DVD Captain America than Chris Evans.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #735
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Well until someone portrayed Professor X better than Patrick Stewart, he will always be the best Professor X.
This is a different comment than the one you made before, and still it's kinda weird to say, given we only have one version of Professor X so far. Best out of what? Of him and his younger self? I think Steward and McAvoy will be a bit more comparable once DOFP hits, but we were talking about an actor who can replace Steward as an older (and present day) Professor X, or at least that was the impression I was left with.

Quote:
And we already had James McAvoy as Professor X (which I really liked) but I still prefer Patrick Stewart's portrayal of FOX.
We see eye to eye on this one 100%.

Quote:
And who says about the first one is always the best? I don't prefer the straight to DVD Captain America than Chris Evans.
I was talking about the more successful castings of certain characters, the one that got them right from the beginning, like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Even they are not immune to being challenged by a good re-cast.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #736
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And I also forgot to mention that I prefer Anne Hathaway's portrayal of Catwoman over Michelle Preiffer and Halle Berry.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #737
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Julie Newmar has yet to be topped.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #738
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Everybody wants Famke Janssen & James Marsden returns,especially Famke.
Would love to see Rebecca Romijn, she is the true Mystique.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #739
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
This is a different comment than the one you made before, and still it's kinda weird to say, given we only have one version of Professor X so far. Best out of what? Of him and his younger self? I think Steward and McAvoy will be a bit more comparable once DOFP hits, but we were talking about an actor who can replace Steward as an older (and present day) Professor X, or at least that was the impression I was left with.

We see eye to eye on this one 100%.

I was talking about the more successful castings of certain characters, the one that got them right from the beginning, like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Even they are not immune to being challenged by a good re-cast.
Yeah I agree, and fore instance as good as Ledger was, I am sure someone will top him eventually as the Joker.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #740
JP
Smelly

New McAvoy quotes:

Quote:
Speaking of the new X-Men movie, the Scottish hunk said: "I'm very excited, I mean… It's gonna be a massive affair.

"Getting us together with Sir Patrick, Sir Ian, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry and all that as well, and with Jennifer [Lawrence] and Nick [Hoult] coming back… It's gonna be nuts."

He continued: "I've read the script, it's really good, really, really amazing work. Doing that thing that X-Men films normally do quite well actually, which is taking a massive group of characters and giving them all their time, which is a difficult trick to pull off.

"I'm looking forward to it, it's gonna be cool. And also it's set in the seventies and the seventies is cool - so that's going to be fun."
http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/james-mcav...d-daniel-craig

Old 03-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #741
Angamb
Banned User

exciting words from James!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #742
Storm22
Side-Kick

It's pretty clear now that most of the film takes place in the seventies so I highly doubt the only First Class actors returning are Lawrence, McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult. I'd say there's a good chance we'll get Caleb Landry and Lucas Till back and maybe Rose Byrne.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #743
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm22 View Post
It's pretty clear now that most of the film takes place in the seventies so I highly doubt the only First Class actors returning are Lawrence, McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult. I'd say there's a good chance we'll get Caleb Landry and Lucas Till back and maybe Rose Byrne.
I have resigned myself to the probability that Lucas Till and Cleb Landry Jones won't be back as Havok and Banshee. The characters may still return as recasts but they may not return at all.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #744
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

The X-films give all of the characters in the massive group their time?

Sounds like some Fox ballsucking on MacAvoy's part, because that's not true. I like the guy, but this is just what actors do, so I'll have to accept it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #745
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe he just means X2...

Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #746
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm22 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure on that.We have 8 from trilogy In film vs 4 from First Class.
Yes they have major ones who survived first Class but they have dropped the
entire first Class supporting cast.That's strange If most of film takes place In
1973.Kinda strange they would bring back so many of OT cast for only a small
part of film and yet drop the first Class supporting cast.That's like after first X-Men dropping most of cast except for Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,and Rogue.

Even If the future scenes only take between 30 and 40 minutes of at least 2 hours(Not counting credits) It remains very strange to drop all supporting cast members from first Class If between 1 hour and 20 minuses to 1 hour and 30 minutes of film Is set In 1973.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #747
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I think it will be even, I expect a few X-Men from the future to die and thus somebody from the future return to the past and prevents all of this. Thus it kinda makes sense to have the main plot set in the 70s since the X-Men from the 70s are trying to prevent a terrible future.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #748
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The X-films give all of the characters in the massive group their time?

Sounds like some Fox ballsucking on MacAvoy's part, because that's not true. I like the guy, but this is just what actors do, so I'll have to accept it.
Yea. I think he mistook X-men for The Avengers for an instant.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #749
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I have resigned myself to the probability that Lucas Till and Cleb Landry Jones won't be back as Havok and Banshee. The characters may still return as recasts but they may not return at all.
Yeah me too! But at least Havok and Banshee got a chance to appear in a X-Men movie and it was not just a very small role or a cameo.

And as for Moira, to me, it felt like it was the end of her story in the X-Men movie series. Of course they could bring her back if they want to, but there wasn't a hint that she would appear in the next movie unlike with Havok, Banshee, Emma, Angel, Azazel and Riptide.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #750
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure on that.We have 8 from trilogy In film vs 4 from First Class.
Yes they have major ones who survived first Class but they have dropped the
entire first Class supporting cast.
That's strange If most of film takes place In
1973.Kinda strange they would bring back so many of OT cast for only a small
part of film and yet drop the first Class supporting cast.That's like after first X-Men dropping most of cast except for Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,and Rogue.

Even If the future scenes only take between 30 and 40 minutes of at least 2 hours(Not counting credits) It remains very strange to drop all supporting cast members from first Class If between 1 hour and 20 minuses to 1 hour and 30 minutes of film Is set In 1973.
unconfirmed rumor at this point.

Closed Thread