Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #801
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, absolutely.

I don't mind if Magneto comes back in the eventual reboot but it's time the franchise explored other stories and villains.

Here's the Wikipedia list of X-Men enemies. Plenty who haven't appeared on screen yet!
im not expecting a reboot for another 15 to 20 years if even that

they will milk this franchise as much as they can

Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #802
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I wouldn't be shocked if Fox eventually pushes Onlsaught on us all... with wanting the F4 and X-men to co-exist and apparently team up

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #803
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
^^ Who now?
The Locust, aka August Hopper.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #804
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
im not expecting a reboot for another 15 to 20 years if even that

they will milk this franchise as much as they can
LOL. Hugh Jackman will not look the same in 15, 20 years. And they WILL not do this franchise without the Wolverine character. Reboot is coming in the near future--probably nearer than any of us really know.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #805
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Fox shot themselves in the foot imo by not actually starting the franchise with the original "first class"

if they would have done the major story arcs from the comics, with the cast, they could have eventually (and properly) split off the teams into all the other X-men books and teams.. like the New Mutants, the Gold team, the Blue team, Young X-men, X-force, X-factor, etc... instead it's all been about "lets see what mutants we can insert into this film" and now none of those spin-offs could even be accurate, and would just feel like a hodge-podge x-men team

[=]
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #806
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
LOL. Hugh Jackman will not look the same in 15, 20 years. And they WILL not do this franchise without the Wolverine character. Reboot is coming in the near future--probably nearer than any of us really know.
yeah many hope and continue to hope and dream of a reboot

we already have 2 casts playing the same character, in many ways first class was going to be a kinda semi reboot

and jackman will play an older wolverine if he has too, aslong as the character still makes money they will use him

they can make 3 more Future Xmen movies, 1 or 2 more wolverine movies, maybe another mutant team spin off set in the same universe, maybe another first class sequel

get real people

Old 03-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #807
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Fox shot themselves in the foot imo by not actually starting the franchise with the original "first class"

if they would have done the major story arcs from the comics, with the cast, they could have eventually (and properly) split off the teams into all the other X-men books and teams.. like the New Mutants, the Gold team, the Blue team, Young X-men, X-force, X-factor, etc... instead it's all been about "lets see what mutants we can insert into this film" and now none of those spin-offs could even be accurate, and would just feel like a hodge-podge x-men team
FOX messed up and will be ignorant to there mistakes if they have too, emma frost in origins and first class for example

people love this franchise and FOX love money... go figure

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-24-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #808
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
FOX messed up and will be ignorant to there mistakes if they have too, emma frost in origins and first class for example

people love this franchise and FOX love money... go figure
The franchise isn't reaching its potential, creatively or financially. It's sort of lumbering along from movie to movie, with no grand plan locked in place.

It will be interesting to see how the land lies after DoFP. But I bet Fox doesn't really know yet either what will happen next; they will wait to see the box office and critical reaction.

I keep wondering if this big announcement could be involving Joss Whedon as a producer or consultant, but I doubt he will have time, and I doubt Marvel would let him do it.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #809
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
The franchise isn't reaching its potential, creatively or financially. It's sort of lumbering along from movie to movie, with no grand plan locked in place.

It will be interesting to see how the land lies after DoFP. But I bet Fox doesn't really know yet either what will happen next; they will wait to see the box office and critical reaction.

I keep wondering if this big announcement could be involving Joss Whedon as a producer or consultant, but I doubt he will have time, and I doubt Marvel would let him do it.
already sounds like singer is plantin seeds and tryin to mend the franchise

Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #810
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:

Exactly.

This is my point to Gueststar. There is no shame in admitting that a certain formula is no longer working and needs to be improved or replaced. But I agree with you: it's wise to reserve judgement for DoFP and see how it performs. However, big box office numbers in themselves won't be the best indicator of a strong future for the franchise as it is now--X3 was a HUGE blockbuster, but it actually set the whole franchise back in many ways.

I know some don't want to consider this, but it's fair to keep in mind that this may be FOX's secret plan to send the Original Trilogy members off in grand style, much like the last Dark Knight film did for Christian Bale's franchise.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #811
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

I know some don't want to consider this, but it's fair to keep in mind that this may be FOX's secret plan to send the Original Trilogy members off in grand style, much like the last Dark Knight film did for Christian Bale's franchise.
because FOX care so much about the franchise that they want it to go out with a bang so they can reboot it?

honestly id forget about that idea, if the wolverine does well which there stands a good chance it will then that audience will go on to DOFP with most likely extra on top

DOFP stands a good chance of doing very well at the box office and then singer can do more if he wishes

Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #812
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
because FOX care so much about the franchise that they want it to go out with a bang so they can reboot it?

honestly id forget about that idea, if the wolverine does well which there stands a good chance it will then that audience will go on to DOFP with most likely extra on top

DOFP stands a good chance of doing very well at the box office and then singer can do more if he wishes
What about this is so difficult for you to understand?

In answer to your question: YES, because they care so much about the franchise is exactly the reason why they'd continue investing in it by revamping and rebooting the franchise down the line. This is hardly revolutionary.

Do you think for a minute that Warner Bros. stopped "caring" about Superman after Bryan's film flopped? Or what about the highly successful Dark Knight series (which is also being rebooted)? Um....Star Trek? What about The Amazing Spider-Man? The list goes on and on. Rebooting is not a sign of failure. It's a sign of a studio's continued financial investment. Every franchise has a "shelf life" dude. Accept it.

Not sure why you believe that somehow this franchise is above being re-envisioned at some point soon, but it's okay. Really, it is. One day in the future you're going to be shocked off your ass when you log into the Hype...and you'll remember this conversation tonight. And I'll be there to help you get up.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #813
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I will say this again.This Is board on Days of future past.Why Is all the talk on rebooting on threads to discuss news on Days of future Past.

Superman returns was not a bomb.You can call jack the giant Killer a Bomb.Superman returns made 391 Million worldwide.It underperformed the studio's expections.Spider-Man 3
was a huge box office hit.Also consider the Amazing Spider-Man grossing under 300 Million domesticly was because some people who liked the trilogy didn't want a reboot.
That's a clear warning sign for jumping too soon on a reboot.

The wolverine Is coming In July and DOFP hasn't even started filming yet.Yet you are consently bringing up reboot.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #814
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I will say this again.This Is board on Days of future past.Why Is all the talk on rebooting on threads to discuss news on Days of future Past.

Superman returns was not a bomb.You can call jack the giant Killer a Bomb.Superman returns made 391 Million worldwide.It underperformed the studio's expections.Spider-Man 3
was a huge box office hit.Also consider the Amazing Spider-Man grossing under 300 Million domesticly was because some people who liked the trilogy didn't want a reboot.
That's a clear warning sign for jumping too soon on a reboot.

The wolverine Is coming In July and DOFP hasn't even started filming yet.Yet you are consently bringing up reboot.
Six points:

1. I am well aware of what board I'm operating on here.

2. The discussion of rebooting has relevance here for two reasons: 1.) DoFP is allegedly a sequel to First Class which was widely touted as a reboot and 2.) its story line's outcome may open the doors for one.

3. There is continued discussion from Mark Millar and others on how this film may tie into a larger announcement from FOX studios, possibly involving the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

4. I provided a wide range of examples showing that studios reboot franchises at their commercial peaks and lows all the time. There is no set trigger button for this. As X-Maniac pointed out, this franchise has been inconsistent to be fair, which is often a warning signal for a studios to consider their immediate future plans

5. This conversation arose tonight due to one discussion point made here and I addressed it. To believe that Hugh Jackman will continue playing Wolverine for another 10, 15, 20 years as long as FOX continues to pay him well is ridiculously unrealistic because a.) he is getting older and b.) audiences won't tolerate him that long. Gueststar apparently sees things differently and that's why we're discussing reboots again.

6.) Superman Returns was a bomb. Bombs are not always tied to commercial success. The fact that the studio has already fast-forwarded to Man Of Steel confirms that. A better definition of "under-performing (as you put it) is X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is getting a sequel. At this point, Superman Returns will be a solo entry with that particular cast and crew in the franchise's catalog.

Any questions?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #815
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I can show you many Instances where First Class was touted as part of exsisting series.

Since you hate the exsisting X-men film series so much there are other boards on SHH to keep you the antiX-Men films,antifox message.

So now you care about what mark Millar says when he said The Wolverine which takes place after X-Men trilogy Is being viewed as The Iron Man of X-Men/FF Shared universe.

Back In 2009 Fox could have killed any followup to Origins and made First Class a reboot with an entire new team.They didn't.They certinly In a matter of months aren't going to announce a reboot.

Fox at some point will If they don't go the recasting route go the reboot road but they certinly aren't doing It immedetly.If there was why bother trying to correct things as Bryan Singer has said.If Fox was In hurry to reboot we wouldn't be getting Days of future Past In first place.Studios don't care about giving film series one last huhhuru they just reboot.

I guess you will be calling Star Wars Prequels,Die Another Day,and Spider-Man 3 bombs too.Since all of those had people on Interbet complaning too.

I will say It again.Days of future past Isn't In Production yet and you are spending most of time on X_Men Days of future past board pushing for reboot?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #816
JP
Flame On

I'll never get this reboot thought. It makes no sense from any standpoint no matter how often it's brought up.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #817
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post

No, Fox didn't. The studio would have been moronic to forgo characters like Storm and Wolverine for Angel and Iceman. The nature of the genre was entirely different back then, and at no point do I blame the studio for making the character choices it did. Fox will, however, have shot itself in the foot if it doesn't come up with a better plan if, and when, it reboots the X-Men franchise.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #818
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Harrison Ford's age didn't bother people when he returned for the 4th Indiana Jones movie. And even if Hugh Jackman will not look the same in the next 15 to 20 years, they aren't gonna reboot this series anytime soon, it will probably happen in the next 15 to 20 years.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-25-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #819
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Harrison Ford's age didn't bother people when he returned for the 4th Indiana Jones movie. And even if Hugh Jackman will not look the same in the next 15 to 20 years, they aren't gonna reboot this series anytime soon, it will probably happen in the next 15 to 20 years.
Indiana Jones is not a mutant with everlasting healing/rejuvenation powers Psylockolussus.

Even Brent Spiner (who played Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation) had to eventually hang it up when he clearly was "aging" and his character (that of an android) was not supposed to. LOL That movie series came to an end...

...and now we have Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana in a freshened reboot.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #820
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
No, Fox didn't. The studio would have been moronic to forgo characters like Storm and Wolverine for Angel and Iceman. The nature of the genre was entirely different back then, and at no point do I blame the studio for making the character choices it did. Fox will, however, have shot itself in the foot if it doesn't come up with a better plan if, and when, it reboots the X-Men franchise.
Agreed. I believe the only way out of the convoluted continuity/timeline messes they've already made is to start over. Not doing so actually handicaps their own franchise's growth in terms of character development--and the relationships between the characters themselves. For example, we'll never really see the true familial dynamic that existed between Angel, Beast, Jean, Cyclops and Ice Man on film because 2 of those 5 are "dead", and another two (Angel and Ice Man) weren't even sexually thought of yet according to the current film's time-line. Some creative liberties are fine to get something off the ground, but now that it is...well, in the end, we all are cheated out of some rich story-telling and I think FOX is getting the point of this now.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #821
BMM
Side-Kick

And who is Fox going to make these films with in 2030? 50 year old Anna Paquin? 70 year old Halle Berry and Famke Janssen? The corpses of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen? Because Fox has already demonstrated an unwillingness to go with lesser known actors and characters, while pursuing this run of the franchise.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #822
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Hugh Jackman still looks good for his age.

Plus with the technology today, they could just make Hugh Jackman look younger just like what they did to Ian/Patrick in X3.

A reboot is most likely going to happen in the next decade or in late 10s. And who says a reboot would happen in 2030?

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #823
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
They did what they thought they had to at the time. But...... As we've seen.... If its good and handled well.... People will come

[=]
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #824
JP
Flame On

But Hugh wouldn't even need that for another 10+ years.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #825
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hugh Jackman still looks good for his age.

Plus with the technology today, they could just make Hugh Jackman look younger just like what they did to Ian/Patrick in X3.

A reboot is most likely going to happen in the next decade or in late 10s. And who says a reboot would happen in 2030?
Hugh Jackman looks good for his age, because his age doesn't include the additional 15+ years you're talking about including with the never ending X-Men franchise. And, no, they are not going to waste money, painstakingly painting away wrinkles and warping body parts for every single frame just to keep Jackman onscreen.

Closed Thread