The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #276
Naite22
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's kinda saying. Even though MOS comes out like 40 days later then Iron Man 3, and even though IM3 just had released a rather cool trailer (which would mean something to talk about), compared to MOS which more or less has nothing to talk about just right now. Even with that going on, I rarely see the IM3 boards reading more then 30 people inside. Whereas MOS, which has since december been pretty damn silent when it comes to its marketing, always has between 90-115 people lurking around inside :-) WHO'S THE KING! ;-)

Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #277
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah, that's weird. The Marvel boards don't seem as lively or hyper for films as the DC boards...

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #278
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
IM3 just had released a rather cool trailer (which would mean something to talk about)
Doesn't seem like the new IM3 trailer caused much hype (and I can see why, nothing too spectacular, reminds me of IM2 even though I know it'll be much better) with fanboys and certainly not with the general public. It isn't getting nearly as much of a view count on YouTube as the first trailer either. But I do think Marvel over-does it a bit with all the teasers for trailers and stuff, and there was a SB spot and of course, Iron Man in 3 films already in the past 4 years. MOS is more unknown territory so I expect the next trailer to really blow up and cause massive hype.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #279
Fedor
Side-Kick

Yes, i am in depression-mode right now. Haven't smiled since we got the latest mag cover pics.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #280
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

They should definitely do another viral marketing campaign

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #281
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

They definitely should. They nailed it with the last one.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #282
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Only 100 more posts until I can have a picture thingy under my name, woohoo!

Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #283
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
Yes, i am in depression-mode right now. Haven't smiled since we got the latest mag cover pics.
*facepalm*

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #284
Glassjaw
In training

It was great. The viral site was almost over too quickly really, considering it was really good stuff. People's reactions when we realised they were Kryptonion symbols, and numbers at that = highlight of my time on the board here.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #285
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
Dude, that's not healthy, cheer up, enjoy the ride. What you gonna do once MOS comes out and you see it 2045 times? Be depressed until a sequel comes out? We're still 3 months away. I doubt we'll get something new every single week along the way.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #286
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Doesn't seem like the new IM3 trailer caused much hype (and I can see why, nothing too spectacular, reminds me of IM2 even though I know it'll be much better) with fanboys and certainly not with the general public. It isn't getting nearly as much of a view count on YouTube as the first trailer either. But I do think Marvel over-does it a bit with all the teasers for trailers and stuff, and there was a SB spot and of course, Iron Man in 3 films already in the past 4 years. MOS is more unknown territory so I expect the next trailer to really blow up and cause massive hype.
I wouldn't say that.

http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/20...8?q=iron+man+3

Quote:
The second full trailer for Iron Man 3 debuted this week less than two months out from the film's highly anticipated May 3 release. Back when the first trailer launched online in October, social network buzz was resoundingly through the roof.

After recently debuting a handful of promotional posters for the summer kick-off, Marvel kept that momentum going. Twitter activity surged by 1,602 percent from the day before the new trailer's launch to a huge 25,821 tweets. The day's 13-to-1 positive-to-negative tweet ratio indicates that fans were generally enthusiastic about what they saw.

For the first three days of the trailer's availability, Iron Man 3 was responsible for 58,346 tweets. That's not far off from the same three-day period after The Avengers debuted its second trailer at the end of February last year when it tallied 69,976 tweets. The Dark Knight Rises saw 80,330 in December 2011--although, the comparison is somewhat skewed with that film as it was the first trailer to actually feature more than a few seconds of new footage.

In short, buzz for Iron Man 3 certainly hasn't lost momentum and may in fact be stronger than that during the second film's pre-release promotional cycle.
The hype is there, right now its just more of a waiting game for the movie. It was the same with AVengers/TDKR..the marvel boards were generally on cruise control until a few weeks before the movie and then everything went crazy when reviews started coming

Old 03-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #287
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm not in depression mode. I enjoyed the leaked pics and can't wait for the posters.

Not a fan of this MOS versus Iron Man 3 stuff. It's fine to look forward to one film over another but the versus stuff is just icky to me.

I'm looking forward to MOS more than IM3 but I still think that IM3 is going to easily outdo MOS at the box office. Youtube views and Superhero Hype forum activity means nothing. Iron Man is coming off of the Avengers and it has a much better release date. And Iron Man has had two 300mil domestic grossers while Superman Returns didn't get close to that number. MOS should do well but I see Fast 6, Star Trek 2 and Iron Man 3 doing better. At least domestically.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-13-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #288
sup101
Side-Kick

This is a superman board.If you wanna talk about Iron man go to the Iron man board.I don't care about any other movie other then MOS.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #289
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
This is a superman board.If you wanna talk about Iron man go to the Iron man board.
i was simply responding to a post containing information that i believed to be incorrect. I wasn't aware that was a problem

Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #290
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
That just proves my point. Nowhere near the first IM3 trailer buzz or even the MOS trailer buzz which had over 40.000 tweets the first day compared to IM3 second trailer's 25.000 (And MOS 17-1 positive ratio to IM3's 13-1). And again on YT only 7 some million views so far the first IM3 trailer had over 20 in the same time. You could say this is because it's the second trailer, but The Avengers second trailer was even bigger than it's first so it's a moot point. In short, yeah, the buzz is lower and not that big.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #291
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Could it be because the first Avengers trailer was horribad? The Avengers didn't start to look like an event film until the Superbowl spot. That single spot changed the entire perception of the movie from "meh, could be good" to "ZOMG gotta see dis!!!". Iron Man 3 has had no such luck though.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #292
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Yeah, that's weird. The Marvel boards don't seem as lively or hyper for films as the DC boards...
DC fans are hungry. Marvel fans have been getting good films with a variety of characters for years.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #293
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
DC fans are hungry. Marvel fans have been getting good films with a variety of characters for years.
So Marvel fans are less hungry? Don't think that's the case.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #294
Naite22
Side-Kick

MAN OF STEEL just simply feels so much bigger and more god-like than that of IM3. Do not get me wrong. I'm very excited for IM3, and it looks to be way better than the second film (maybe even the first). But a typical superhero film like IM3, even when looking at the trailers, just completely pales when paired up aside MOS trailers. I'm sorry, but it does. Everything, since day one of MOS-production, and what little has been seen of footage as of now, just screams something special.

I can't believe we're only exactly three months away now! It's namely the last 2 months of waiting where the marketing kicks in to overdrive!! It's gonna be awesome, no doubt in my mind :-)

Last edited by Naite22; 03-13-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #295
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
This is a superman board.If you wanna talk about Iron man go to the Iron man board.I don't care about any other movie other then MOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
MAN OF STEEL just simply feels so much bigger and more god-like then that of IM3. Do not get me wrong. I'm very excited for IM3, and it looks to be way better then the second film (maybe even the first). But a typical superhero film like IM3, even when looking at the trailers, just completely pales when paired up aside MOS trailers. I'm sorry, but it does. Everything, since day one of MOS-production, and what little has been seen of footage as of now, just screams something special.

I can't believe we're only exactly three months away now! It's namely the last 2 months of waiting where the marketing kicks in to overdrive!! It's gonna be awesome, no doubt in my mind :-)
Here comes grammar police: Than*

Old 03-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #296
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Here comes grammar police: Than*
Sorry. Still from Denmark. I'm trying

Fixed it! I'll try to remember, hehe

Old 03-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #297
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
So Marvel fans are less hungry? Don't think that's the case.
Perhaps not but Marvel fans have lots of other things to look forward to besides IM3. How many films does Marvel have lined up again?

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 03-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #298
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, I mean I think Iron Man 3 looks really good...but this is the fourth film to feature Iron Man in the past 6 years. Not saying it's reached the point of over-saturation, but I could see MOS outgrossing it if word of mouth is through the roof.

A fresh take on Superman that actually makes him relevant (something DC and WB have been struggling to accomplish for years...) can't be underestimated, if it succeeds in its goal of course.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #299
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Why do people have to hype up DC Movies by slating Marvels films?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #300
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Not to mention the fact that the success of this movie kind of directly relates to the possibility of seeing ALL the other DC heroes on the big screen... so there are a lot of people watching to see what happens here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Why do people have to hype up DC Movies by slating Marvels films?
Yeah i'll never understand the need for it to be some massive black and white competition.

I like Superhero movies. I like ALL of them.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Closed Thread