The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #326
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
I couldn't possibly be a Marvel guy over a DC guy...not with all the great Vertigo stuff out there, Sandman, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Fables etc etc. Those were basically the comics that got me obsessed with the medium at 13-14, by association I guess i subconsiously will always root for Superman/Batman over a Marvel property, but aside from that I genuinely have more excitement for MoS, and this is coming from someone who has never liked a Zack Snyder film and basically worships Shane Black. So it's saying a lot.
But isn't Vertigo kinda DC? I mean John Constantine and Swamp Thing do exist in the DC Universe right? I even consider V for Vendetta, Sandman, and Watchmen as DC even though they may not take place in the universe. Vertigo is like....adult-only DC I suppose.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #327
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think that's what he's getting at. He can't be a Marvel guy over DC because Vertigo is part of DC.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #328
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
It's kinda saying. Even though MOS comes out like 40 days later then Iron Man 3, and even though IM3 just had released a rather cool trailer (which would mean something to talk about), compared to MOS which more or less has nothing to talk about just right now. Even with that going on, I rarely see the IM3 boards reading more then 30 people inside. Whereas MOS, which has since december been pretty damn silent when it comes to its marketing, always has between 90-115 people lurking around inside :-) WHO'S THE KING! ;-)
Iron Man 3 is poised to win the Summer in my opinion. The general public loves Downey as Iron Man and its coming off Avengers. People checking out a forum doesn't correlate to box office success.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #329
roach
I am the night

I see Star Trek taking the summer but thats just me

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #330
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
ah ok. it was c lee. let's see him come in here with his cowboy boots and push me around. watch out for the sheriff lol
Hello.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #331
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I think it does very well I just don't see it beating Iron Man 3.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #332
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I think the winner will be - The RETURNING NEW ADVENTURES OF THE SON OF THE RISING C. LEE PART IV THE PREQUEL.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #333
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
All-Star Superman right. Right?!?!?!
Duh.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #334
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Big guy...wears red...has a small cape....talks like Gomer Pyle.......
OooOooooohhhhhhh....I got ya! I was starting to wonder why everyone was talking about him on a Superman thread. I was kinda confused

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #335
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I think the winner will be - The RETURNING NEW ADVENTURES OF THE SON OF THE RISING C. LEE PART IV THE PREQUEL.
I hate when you drink scotch on Wednesdays.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #336
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think it does very well I just don't see it beating Iron Man 3.
Star Trek would have to see a BB to TDK increase for it to win the summer, so I just can't see it. But I think it will still do much better then the first film.

I see a few possible contenders, and if MoS explodes, it has a chance. Oz doesn't technically count in terms of the Summer, but will be a contender for the best business of the year overall. Iron Man 3 should be the front runner alongside Monsters University and Desipcble Me 2, but perhaps Depp still has some pull and the kiddies will like them some Lone Ranger.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #337
echostation
Banned User

so i heard something about pics being released tonight by WB? it's already 10 pm though here LOL, so much for that news panning out

Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #338
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
so i heard something about pics being released tonight by WB? it's already 10 pm though here LOL, so much for that news panning out
Who said that?

Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #339
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Who said that?
Cklov...not sure where he heard it from though. Won't reveal his source. Probably heard it from some joker over at that fanpage on Facebook

Old 03-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #340
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Better quality

Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #341
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Henry's Superman boots have gone to auction

Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #342
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Iron Man 3 is poised to win the Summer in my opinion. The general public loves Downey as Iron Man and its coming off Avengers. People checking out a forum doesn't correlate to box office success.
Despicable Me 2 or Star Trek Into Darkness.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #343
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

The boots Cavill wore are up for auction.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #344
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
The boots Cavill wore are up for auction.
Thanks for posting...I would have done it in my post but I have a difficult time posting pics from my phone

Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #345
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Thanks for posting...I would have done it in my post but I have a difficult time posting pics from my phone
no prob !
Can i just say, Cavill looks beast in that Total Film pic i posted awhile ago here. And i actually like the yellow in the pic too ! ( well more of a dull gold but anyway)

Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #346
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

It does look great...too bad we aren't getting new pics tonight like cklov said because I sure was looking forward to it. Oh well, maybe tomorrow or sometime soon as long as people keep doing manips of the Total Film cover I'll be ok!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #347
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
It does look great...too bad we aren't getting new pics tonight like cklov said because I sure was looking forward to it. Oh well, maybe tomorrow or sometime soon as long as people keep doing manips of the Total Film cover I'll be ok!
I just want the damn article from TOTAL FILM to come online already !!!!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #348
gomez147
You're not just anyone

That pic looks really great! Can't stop seeing it

Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #349
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

It's a great pic, can't wait to get my hands on the mag. I'm remaining optimistic cklov was being honest, I guess we'll find out tomorrow

Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #350
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Better quality

So so good,he looks awesome,the S is gorgeous! I need to read that article!

Closed Thread