The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #951
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
The thing is, with actors it really depends on genetics and what "shape" they stay in for the rest of the year(s) (when they're not preparing for physically demanding roles). Actors are most of the time given certain periods of time to gain size, and they have to use it efficiently. Even if you have amazing genetics, you can't expect to gain much muscle for 6 months of training, especially if you have never trained before. Most of the weight you're gonna put on will be fat. But there are a lot of tricks (that's where trainers come in) to make a person look bigger/more muscular/more cut than he actually is.
Absolutely, genetics and your overall lifestyle/routine come into play. I think Cavil will try and stay in similar shape though post the film, personally.

EDIT: It already is "post film" for him but you know what I mean

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 03-16-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: It already is "post film" for him but you know what I mean
Old 03-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #952
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
He might be more "cut", but I'd rather have a Superman that is more "big" than "shredded", personally. "Big" is more believable to me for some reason. I mean I want to see some definition, sure, but definition only after "big".
Meh, I disagree. Hemsworth got too big, in my opinion. His arms were borderline cartoonish. I prefer Cavill to Hemsworth, especially since Chris has short legs and long mid-section.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #953
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Meh, I disagree. Hemsworth got too big, in my opinion. His arms were borderline cartoonish. I prefer Cavill to Hemsworth, especially since Chris has short legs and long mid-section.
I think he looked friggin' awesome. They should make these guys as big as they can within reason (the permits of health). I'm just saying I would rather fight a guy with Cavill's build than Hemsworth's. And I think Hemsworth's legs looked fine.

"Cartoonish" big arms would be kind of cool if you could maintain em. Although I'm not sure why you say he looked cartoonish... (even though they are playing cartoons essentially)

Old 03-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #954
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Okay I actually just googled some pics of Hemsworth since I hadn't seen him in a while and he does come off as "fluffy" looking in some pics. Cavill does look really good (even though I still think Hemswroth looked awesome).

Old 03-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #955
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

What a boring conversation that's going on.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #956
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Me too. Plus, Cavill does indeed have great genetics - symmetrical 8-pack, great delts, wide back... He looks way better than Hemsworth in my opinion.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #957
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
I really don't like either, especially for Supes. Someone with an even frame, kinda like (sorry) Tom Welling and is big and cut, but not to where it looks like they are a bodybuilder, is perfect.

I like cavill's look, but his small torso and shorter arms make him look too stocky at times.

Hemsworth has a nice look, but as you said, has a long torso and shorter legs.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #958
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I think he looked friggin' awesome. They should make these guys as big as they can within reason (the permits of health). I'm just saying I would rather fight a guy with Cavill's build than Hemsworth's. And I think Hemsworth's legs looked fine.
Chris had to lose mass in order to fit into the suit and his biceps bulged out without even flexing. Personally, I thought Hermsworth overdid it. He appeared much better in The Avengers.

That's great but having that much mass around your arms is a disadvantage. I wouldn't be afraid to stand and trade with a guy that has Hemsworth's build. They tire faster and are slow.

Disagree. Cavill may have shorter arms but Hemsworth's legs are disproportionate to his body. It's just a matter of preference in that regard.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 03-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #959
moviefreak
Side-Kick

This was Cavill in Immortal, he was definitely well defined in muscle shapes:

Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #960
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Me too. Plus, Cavill does indeed have great genetics - symmetrical 8-pack, great delts, wide back... He looks way better than Hemsworth in my opinion.
Agreed. Cavill may not be as massive as the big guys in Hollywood, but I don't think he needs to be.

Jackman, for instance, is another actor who doesn't overdo it. His 6'3 frame makes his Wolverine look lean and mean. He got bigger for Wolverine in 2009 but his arms didn't weigh 25 lbs each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I really don't like either, especially for Supes. Someone with an even frame, kinda like (sorry) Tom Welling and is big and cut, but not to where it looks like they are a bodybuilder, is perfect.

I like cavill's look, but his small torso and shorter arms make him look too stocky at times.

Hemsworth has a nice look, but as you said, has a long torso and shorter legs.
I'll concede to that. Cavill appears a tad more stockier, but it fits. One note about the 'small' arms though, it all depends on a person's physiology. I, myself, have 'small' looking arms compared to the rest of my body but I have a longer reach than most people anticipate.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #961
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
One of the biggest misunderstandings I've ever read. Bodybuilding doesn't take that much time. Sure, back in Arnold's day, sure, bodybuilders spent a 3-4 hours a day in the gym, but all research since then has indicated that such volume was counter-productive. It was overtraining. Dexter Jackson, a former Mr. Olympia, recently told an interviewer that he was nowhere near close to retirement because he loved his job, only job in the world where you get paid to work out an hour a day and then sit around the rest of the day.
Exactly! Great post! I don't know why El Duderino is so bitter and against being fit, healthy and muscular.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #962
Fedor
Side-Kick

Cavill´s body IS a body of steel, while Hemsworth and Evans are more bodybulding-ish.

Cavill looks more naturally stronger. That´s Superman.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #963
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Hemsworth got huge for Thor. He looked great. No such thing as too muscular for the god of thunder.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #964
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Hemsworth got huge for Thor. He looked great. No such thing as too muscular for the god of thunder.
Totally 100% agree! He may look closer to his comic book counterpart than any of them.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 03-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #965
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I think Cavill has the perfect build for Superman.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #966
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
What a boring conversation that's going on.
LOL. So true.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #967
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I think he has the best build of all the cbm's. I know the suit has padding of some sort, but I think it's great for superman. And it was an incredible feat to pack on that much lean muscle in that time frame, that takes a lot of dedication.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #968
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Yes there is. This is live-action, not a comic book. I don't want to see Hemsworth try to mold bigger arms than his head.

I thought he was at the ideal size in The Avengers.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #969
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

I don't think the suit has padding where it counts -- the arms and shoulders. His arms look bigger outside the suit and that suit material is super thin.

Now, those abs in the suit are clearly fake.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #970
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
I don't think the suit has padding where it counts -- the arms and shoulders. His arms look bigger outside the suit and that suit material is super thin.

Now, those abs in the suit are clearly fake.
The entire suit has sculpted muscles. Anyone could wear it and look the same as Cavill. It even has fake veins running down the biceps and wrists. Just look at any of the Comic Con suit pics:

Cavill definitely put on a solid 15 lbs of muscle post-Immortals but none of it shows in the suit.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #971
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
The entire suit has sculpted muscles. Anyone could wear it and look the same as Cavill. It even has fake veins. Just look at any of the Comic Con suit pics
Even scrawny ol' me?

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #972
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

How does that pic prove the suit has sculpted muscles? Could it not be on a sculpted display stand? Note the stand even has veins on the neck above the suits collar.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #973
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
How does that pic prove the suit has sculpted muscles? Could it not be on a sculpted display stand? Note the stand even has veins on the neck above the suits collar.
Look at any picture of the suit on or off Cavill. The skeletal structure of the muscles and veins are in the exact same place every time. Do you have any idea how pronounced someone's muscles and veins would have to be to show through a suit of plastic and rubber THAT thick?

C'mon now, it's blatantly obvious.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #974
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

He looks good out of the suit and he looks good wearing the suit. Therefore I give zero ****s lol

Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #975
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

I don't care one way or the other, I was just wondering about the Comic-Con pics. I don't agree that "none of" Cavill's muscle shows in the suit... the suit was clearly molded to fit his particular muscled body. Its the same basic thing.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Closed Thread