The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #976
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
The entire suit has sculpted muscles. Anyone could wear it and look the same as Cavill..
Uhm, no. Even if its sculpted, it will be more or less obvious if someone who's not build at all tries to get into that suit. It would look different on a different body. The same Batsuit from TDK and TDKR looked different on Bale when he had different weight on.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #977
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good grief, here we go again.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #978
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Seems like it was molded to enhance the muscles he already had. Not make a skinny guy become muscular.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #979
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Seems like it was molded to enhance the muscles he already had. Not make a skinny guy become muscular.
Yeah, that wouldn't be possible.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #980
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
You got something else you want to talk about?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #981
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Look at the side on angle of the suit in the photo below, very little visible "molded muscle", it appears to be highly subtle especially in the abs area. From the image below, it seems that it was Cavill's bulk & muscle filled out the suit and exaggerated the muscle shapes.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #982
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
The entire suit has sculpted muscles. Anyone could wear it and look the same as Cavill. It even has fake veins running down the biceps and wrists. Just look at any of the Comic Con suit pics:

Cavill definitely put on a solid 15 lbs of muscle post-Immortals but none of it shows in the suit.
I'd imagine the suit must have some sort of sculpted muscles or padding even if it's minimal but Cavill's bulk and frame definitely adds to the suit.

Here's another shot of the costume thats less than glamourous but shows some padding..
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #983
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

That's proof that Cavill makes it look good lol

Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #984
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Exactly. The design is based on his body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Instead of *****ing about not finding a certain discussion interesting, provide another topic for discussion. Problem solved.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #985
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't care one way or the other, I was just wondering about the Comic-Con pics. I don't agree that "none of" Cavill's muscle shows in the suit... the suit was clearly molded to fit his particular muscled body. Its the same basic thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Uhm, no. Even if its sculpted, it will be more or less obvious if someone who's not build at all tries to get into that suit. It would look different on a different body. The same Batsuit from TDK and TDKR looked different on Bale when he had different weight on.
Guys, it's not complicated. Have you ever worn a wet suit? It's 1/4 inch of polyurethane blended with spandex and lycra, like what Ryan Reynolds wore in Paper Man:

That's pretty much the closest thing to a straight-from-the-comics superhero suit that has been put on film since Reeve's Superman costume. And even that didn't show the sinewy musculature of Ryan's super toned physique:

(from an EW magazine that came out within months of him wrapping Paper Man)

So it should be common sense that a suit, like the one in Man of Steel, that is A) even thicker than the Paper Man one, B) has a harder skin and C) has molded musculature won't show the definition of Cavill's physique. It's common sense. Does he fill the suit out? Hell yeah. It looks great on him. But the muscle lines and veins are definitely not his.

That doesn't discount the work Cavill put into his body. He NEEDED to do that. Remember Affleck's physique in Daredevil? That was laughable. But the suit still made him look stacked

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #986
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Does anyone have that picture of the suit when they put it on the skinny manequin? There was almost no muscle build.

The suit doesn't have much, if any, built in muscle.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #987
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Here's a better look at Cavill in his suit, compared with the image I posted above I am all but sure that it was his own body minus some enhancements:

Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #988
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Guys, it's not complicated. Have you ever worn a wet suit?
If he was wearing a wet suit, you might have a point. But since he isn't, you don't.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #989
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Does anyone have that picture of the suit when they put it on the skinny manequin? There was almost no muscle build.

Simo just posted one of it I think in spoiler tags above.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #990
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
It looks great on him. But the muscle lines and veins are definitely not his.
Oh, of course the veins popping out through the suit aren't real. Not sure what you mean by "muscle lines" though. The point is, this suit is not a muscle-suit like what Chris Evans wore for Human Torch in F4, it looks like it was made to complement an already buff body, Cavill's body to be exact.

But after all, this is a movie. I know we all like to believe that those characters we see in superhero films are real, but in the end of the day, certain things need to look good on screen. A little movie magic is required here and there.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #991
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

The "padding" is for definition through the skin tight fabric. He has to fill out the suit, and he does

Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #992
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Even scrawny ol' me?
Hah I don't know how scrawny you are. I'm 5'10 and 185 lbs and I'm pretty sure I could fill out that Supes suit perfectly fine. Honestly I can't name the last movie to show a character in a suit like that that didn't have an internal skeleton of musculature. It's their "safety net" just in case something happens to the actor.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #993
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
The entire suit has sculpted muscles. Anyone could wear it and look the same as Cavill. It even has fake veins running down the biceps and wrists. Just look at any of the Comic Con suit pics:

Cavill definitely put on a solid 15 lbs of muscle post-Immortals but none of it shows in the suit.
You are wrong,this is a plastic doll similar to henrys body who wears the suit.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #994
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Yeah, I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting the veins popping through the suit are Cavill's.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #995
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:

I posted a bigger version and different angle above but here's this one:

Obviously you can see some "padding" in the abs and legs but I think it's all minimal to enhance Cavill's own muscles and bulk.

Curious though as to how thin the costume is and what its made of given how it looks to wrinkle easy even on the boots.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #996
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I posted a bigger version and different angle above but here's this one:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Obviously you can see some "padding" in the abs and legs but I think it's all minimal to enhance Cavill's own muscles and bulk.

Curious though as to how thin the costume is and what its made of given how it looks to wrinkle easy even on the boots.
That's it. I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find it.

This ends the conversation. There is very little, if any, padding at all.

The arms look radically different. The shoulders are tiny in comparison. There is almost no muscle definition in the torso. That's because it's taking the same of the mannequin almost exactly.

It's shocking, but the muscle on film is pretty much all Cavill.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #997
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
That's it. I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find it.

This ends the conversation. There is very little, if any, padding at all.
Yup. I'm convinced.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #998
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

They put that suit on a different mannequin, one that wasn't built for it, and it looked terrible. If I can find the pics ill post them, but its definitely not one size fits all.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #999
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Oh, of course the veins popping out through the suit aren't real. Not sure what you mean by "muscle lines" though. The point is, this suit is not a muscle-suit like what Chris Evans wore for Human Torch in F4, it looks like it was made to complement an already buff body, Cavill's body to be exact.

But after all, this is a movie. I know we all like to believe that those characters we see in superhero films are real, but in the end of the day, certain things need to look good on screen. A little movie magic is required here and there.
Absolutely. People seem to forget that Cavill doesn't do most of his stunts, they have a team of stunt men on this movie. It's hard enough to find a stunt man that has the same look at the actor in the suit but to find one that has an almost identical body is near impossible. One of my buds is a stuntman on the Thor sequel and he told me the crew went nuts when they found the guy who is doubling for Hemsworth because they tested dozens before and none were close enough.

The musculature has to be in the suit to help the "movie magic" or it will look like two/three/four/ different people wearing it

Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #1000
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
They put that suit on a different mannequin, one that wasn't built for it, and it looked terrible. If I can find the pics ill post them, but its definitely not one size fits all.
It's posted above.

Closed Thread