The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #51
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: A way to incorporate Gambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I guess none of the producers was a real fan of those two characters at all, so werent able to ask for the right portray.

And I guess the director didnt work that hard with them at all either. Both characters could have been the standout new characters of the franchise, but they werent. really sad. Gambit had potential for his own movie, same as Deadpool.
Yeah.The main studio heads sure seem like they weren't fans with that flick haha. They think just showing up for a random action scene and having the name will be enough for fans and that will equal money for them.

Hopefully all that is long in the past.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #52
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Taylor was a good choice, not perfect, but a good choice. He has the skills to play Remy, the director just didnt go for the Remy everyone knows, from the 90's show and comics.

If Taylor would have used a cajun accent, with a few cool lines, more the black/red eyes all the time, Im sure he would have nailed it.

And in my opinion, a shorter and more cool hairstyle would have been better, similar to the 90's show and classic Remy look from the comics, but anyway, I guess fans cant have 'the perfect' version of any x-man, lol

these directors dont have a f*** clue of how to Nail the look of our beloved x-men
I didn't have a problem with the hair, I was into buying X-Men comics during 2009 and Gambit's hair length in the comics was similar to Taylor Kitsch's hair.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #53
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, of course, please carry on believing it might instead have been Reed Richards or Daredevil in that scene. And grass is pink and 2 + 2 = 428.

LOL
Are you actually... making fun of yourself?

If you're going to express a personal opinion or speculation, that's fine. But when you're making a statement (a bold one on top), or stating a "fact", you better be ready to support it with hard evidence when questioned, otherwise the statement is not correct. Nothing in the article you provided serves as any proof to anything. The article itself is pure speculation.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #54
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Are you actually... making fun of yourself?

If you're going to express a personal opinion or speculation, that's fine. But when you're making a statement (a bold one on top), or stating a "fact", you better be ready to support it with hard evidence when questioned, otherwise the statement is not correct. Nothing in the article you provided serves as any proof to anything. The article itself is pure speculation.
No, I'm making fun of you I mean, honestly, your claim that it could be Reed Richards or Daredevil has to be worth a laugh!

As I said, I'm pretty sure it was stated on here (or another fansite), by people involved in the movie, that the character seen in that picture was a glimpse at Gambit, who ended up being cut from the movie.

Whether that's true or not, I also believe that picture is of the Gambit who was subsequently cut from the movie. If someone can tell us who that actor is and what character they were playing, then that will clear it up. If in fact it's not Gambit but someone else altogether, then so be it. I'm fine with that too

I'm not quite sure why you are bristling about this so much.

Bottom line is that you choose to believe it's not Gambit, I choose to believe it is. There isn't much more that can be said.

If anybody out there can clear up who is standing with the Brotherhood in that picture - name of actor and name of character - and why they are only visible in that brief glimpse and nowhere else in the movie, then step forward now. We'd love to hear from you!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #55
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Bottom line is that you choose to believe it's not Gambit, I choose to believe it is. There isn't much more that can be said.
That was my point from the very beginning. It's all personal opinion and speculation. We have no clear evidence, but if someone is willing to provide additional info to clear things up, I'd be very interested to see it.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote