Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #101
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Mustache You a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini
The hell? Jericho said for a while he'd work a match where he puts someone over...why would you waste someone who would put someone over with him going up against someone so ****ing boring as...Fandaaaaaaaaaaango?
They had all of the setup for a Jericho/Ziggler feud. Upsetting.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #102
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

The only way that I'd be okay with the Jake Carter gimmick is if he's a mentally disturbed guy who assumes the identity of the Marine character because he can't handle his real life. The guy snaps when his identity is questioned. If they play it like fake Razor and Diesel then I'll crap on this every week.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #103
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
The only way that I'd be okay with the Jake Carter gimmick is if he's a mentally disturbed guy who assumes the identity of the Marine character because he can't handle his real life. The guy snaps when his identity is questioned. If they play it like fake Razor and Diesel then I'll crap on this every week.
Lol, like a male Mickie James.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #104
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Lol, like a male Mickie James.
LOL yeah.

He pastes his face on the DVD cover and sends it to Miz with a letter that reads: "I'm the real Jake Carter" Then, they have him attack Miz during a match after entering through the crowd and he gets carried off by security.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas

Last edited by Wheels; 03-14-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #105
JabarR
Side-Kick

As I mentioned on the previous thread, WWE needs to give these Divas "Legends" contracts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #106
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
So if I haven't been actively watching wrestling since like 2008-2009, is there any point in me trying to get back into Raw now? Grew up obsessed from the 80s-2002ish, then took a bit of a break for a couple years. Back in the mid-2000s, I was watching Raw, some SD, and TNA, as well as trying to check out other stuff online as well as the occasional ppv. Eventually it just slipped into being Raw. Then nothing. My friend is talking about getting Wrestlemania, and while I will definitely watch that for the guys I know and love (Undertaker, Punk, Lesnar, The Rock, Triple-H to a certain extent), I feel like I really need to talk myself into watching Raw leading back into it. The last I watched was Raw 1000, just for old time's sake, and I fast forwarded through a lot of the new guys.
RAW has been a mixed bag, and sometimes a bag of garbage with a few golden trinkets in it. The golden trinket part is the main reason why I'm still watching.

Everytime I think it's time to take a break or quit, something like CM Punk's pipebomb happens and I'm back it it again. Or guys like Ziggler and Bryan bring it in the ring, or the CM Punk/John Cena classic from a few weeks ago.

They play games with your mind, man...

Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #107
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

if only there was some mathamatical equation to see which Raw episodes to miss and which ones to watch.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #108
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

As noted yesterday, Rob Van Dam mentioned on Twitter yesterday that he would not be at tonight's Impact Wrestling tapings in Chicago.

PWInsider is reporting that RVD's contract with the company had expired last week. The two sides are talking, but as of this writing RVD is a free agent.

- One WWE source described Vince McMahon as "very argumentative and contrary" right now. Vince has reportedly been constantly second-guessing other people's ideas and his own. The Royal Rumble buyrate may be contributing to Vince's bad attitude but the source described Vince as "a massive pain in the ass to work with right now."

It was also noted that WWE writers are working a very demanding schedule at the office and not only is Vince demanding constant changes, but it's said that Stephanie McMahon is "fanning the flames" by requesting that writers come up with more options for Vince to go over.

- Before Monday's RAW hit the air, the original script they had for Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel was a "really bad" one so they changed it completely and spent hours re-doing the segment. There was also a problem with the Jeritron that was in the ring. During the playing of The Marine 3 trailer, the WWE ring crew had to remove the Jeritron from the ring. This caused more problems for the segment and Jericho was forced to improvise.

The segment really took a turn for the worse when Brad Maddox came out. The Jeritron was supposed to be involved in Maddox's presentation but it wasn't in the ring anymore, he lost track and flubbed his promo on live TV.

Even before Maddox came out, Vince McMahon had instructed Michael Cole to bury the segment on commentary. There was some heat on Cole with the feeling that the segment was bad but most people wouldn't have noticed or said anything if it weren't for his comments drawing attention.

Backstage, Vince was calling the segment one of the worse ever and Maddox was the one blamed.

Source: F4Wonline.com

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/365290826.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/365272613.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/365273083.php

Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #109
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

I feel like that whatever happens there's always wrestlers to get invested in. I don't put myself in a bubble and I'm excited to see new talent.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #110
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Punk really needs to take some time off, he was has been iffy for a while
You know, if people are correct in saying the set up of CM Punk/Undertaker will lead to 'Taker just destroying Punk, then it could mean Punk might get some rest and return...hopefully as a face, trying to get the "people"'s trust and that's how Heyman backstabs Punk and Lesnar goes after him.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #111
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You know, if people are correct in saying the set up of CM Punk/Undertaker will lead to 'Taker just destroying Punk, then it could mean Punk might get some rest and return...hopefully as a face, trying to get the "people"'s trust and that's how Heyman backstabs Punk and Lesnar goes after him.

Knowing how much Punk is protective about his character I cant seem him getting destroyed by Taker at Wrestlemania, I could see an injury angle (involving Brock possibly)taking place which will put him out till Summerslam (Punk has always main evented those as far as I can remember)

Old 03-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #112
TheFuture
Rising

Just had an argument with a guy who doesn't understand the long term damage to the product that could be done by Brock jobbing to HHH.

He said "Sure I had to google who won the match at Summerslam."

I'm worried that this is the kind of fair weather fool that doesn't really have any real interest in the product that the WWE are catering to with their current plans.

These guys won't be watching the day after WM, never mind at the next PPV.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #113
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Just had an argument with a guy who doesn't understand the long term damage to the product that could be done by Brock jobbing to HHH.

I'm worried that this is the kind of fair weather fool that doesn't really have any real interest in the product that the WWE are catering to with their current plans.

true and these are the exact ppl that the wwe cater too.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #114
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
I hope so because Punk needs a break.

WWE is going to be less enjoyable without Punk unless WWE focuses on people outside of Cena, Orton, Ryback and the part timers club.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas

Last edited by Wheels; 03-14-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #115
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

im sure Punk will be there in some form doing commentry.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #116
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
im sure Punk will be there in some form doing commentry.
That would be great. I hope Punk becomes a commentator when he retires.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 03-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #117
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
That would be great. I hope Punk becomes a commentator when he retires.
if he is a commentator he can continue to be a heel on commentry, but if he takes a long leave of absense there is no doubt that he will get a face like return.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #118
TheFuture
Rising

I can't see Punk taking a break unless it's forced by injury (I know that's rumoured). I mean when did Cena take a break that wasn't forced by injury?

Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #119
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

now there are rumours circulating that Punks match with Taker is in serious jeopardy.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #120
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #121
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
now there are rumours circulating that Punks match with Taker is in serious jeopardy.
Because of Punk getting hurt on RAW?

Old 03-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #122
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Everybody claiming for CM Punk to be a face, have you guys forgotten why Punk wanted to turn heel in the first place?

His character, and his natural persona, are much better suited as a heel than a face. Not that Punk can't pull off being a face, he can, but he's much better and much more natural in the role of a heel, and it's where he wants to be right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post

There won't be any "long term damage".

I really feel the IWC obsesses too much over who goes over and how, instead of investing in the characters and the storylines.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #123
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Who said that?

Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #124
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

So Batista just became part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He's Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy. Good for him.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #125
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The Rock interviews with Collider:

http://collider.com/dwayne-johnson-g...ion-interview/

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread