The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
spimanfan
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Doesn't TASM hint to Norman Osborn as being dead already? "people die even Norman Osborn". Wondering if his character in 2 may just be flashbacks. I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I don't feel like looking through pages of posts. I don't know what it is about these movies, but I'm seriously hooked on Spiderman. Yeah spiderman 3 wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it, lol.

spimanfan is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
socool
True
 
socool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,944
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spimanfan View Post
Doesn't TASM hint to Norman Osborn as being dead already? "people die even Norman Osborn". Wondering if his character in 2 may just be flashbacks. I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I don't feel like looking through pages of posts. I don't know what it is about these movies, but I'm seriously hooked on Spiderman. Yeah spiderman 3 wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it, lol.
He's not dead...YET. He's sick and Connors' (and presumably Richard Parker's) work was to find a cure to help him get better.

__________________
"A Man Remembers His Debts"
socool is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
ironman29758
Side-Kick
 
ironman29758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,291
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spimanfan View Post
Doesn't TASM hint to Norman Osborn as being dead already? "people die even Norman Osborn". Wondering if his character in 2 may just be flashbacks. I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I don't feel like looking through pages of posts. I don't know what it is about these movies, but I'm seriously hooked on Spiderman. Yeah spiderman 3 wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it, lol.
No TASM said he was dying and judging by the synopsis, TASM2 takes a short while(few weeks-months) after the first movie(compared to Rami's movie which takes place years after the last-Sm2 take place 2 years after first one, SM3 takes place 2-3 after that so if that is what Webb is doing then it's a relief from what Rami did).

__________________
"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
He's not dead...YET. He's sick and Connors' (and presumably Richard Parker's) work was to find a cure to help him get better.
if richard was also trying to cure him then norman has been terminal for like 10 yrs or more lol.

poor guy.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
if richard was also trying to cure him then norman has been terminal for like 10 yrs or more lol.

poor guy.
maybe he is just prolonging his death , because after all he is rich he can afford treatment

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

prolonging his life you mean :P

but yeah, i getcha

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #9
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
prolonging his life you mean :P

but yeah, i getcha
true ...lol

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

how cool would it be if tasm2 starts with the final shot/pose from tasm1. and the opening stinger is peter taking on whoever the cops were after?

won't happen, especially given the new suit, but yeah.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
how cool would it be if tasm2 starts with the final shot/pose from tasm1. and the opening stinger is peter taking on whoever the cops were after?

won't happen, especially given the new suit, but yeah.
true , like you know....a comicbook
like TASM issue #2

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 7,287
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
how cool would it be if tasm2 starts with the final shot/pose from tasm1. and the opening stinger is peter taking on whoever the cops were after?

won't happen, especially given the new suit, but yeah.
Well then that'd pave way for him to bring on the new suit later :]

Nicko-Ray is online now  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #13
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 7,952
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
if richard was also trying to cure him then norman has been terminal for like 10 yrs or more lol.

poor guy.
Whatever Richard came up with was (presumably) based on the Spider's he bred (which were still alive & well in Oscorp's labs). From TASM it seems like Osborn wanted Richard to do human testing (and therefore cure whatever it is that's wrong with him) and like Connors he refused, but unlike Connors he kept his work with him whne he went missing (probably had not left any synthesised serum in Oscorp's hands) leaving Osborn with nothing.

Something I hope they explain: When Osborn figures out how Peter got his powers, wouldn't he be cured by getting bitten by one of Richards many Spiders? Unless they specify there's something unique about Peter (or that one Spider that bit him, which would be pushing it) then anyone getting bitten by one of the hundreds/thousands of Spiders we saw in that lab could get his powers.

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
WesMan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 415
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

William Spencer (stunt double for TASM and this film) posted this picture today, though it may be from TASM. The only reason it wouldn't be is if they start with the old suit and then introduce the new suit.


WesMan is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
WesMan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 415
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

In addition to dating Emma Stone (Gwen), Andrew's father's name is Richard.

WesMan is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #16
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Whatever Richard came up with was (presumably) based on the Spider's he bred (which were still alive & well in Oscorp's labs). From TASM it seems like Osborn wanted Richard to do human testing (and therefore cure whatever it is that's wrong with him) and like Connors he refused, but unlike Connors he kept his work with him whne he went missing (probably had not left any synthesised serum in Oscorp's hands) leaving Osborn with nothing.

Something I hope they explain: When Osborn figures out how Peter got his powers, wouldn't he be cured by getting bitten by one of Richards many Spiders? Unless they specify there's something unique about Peter (or that one Spider that bit him, which would be pushing it) then anyone getting bitten by one of the hundreds/thousands of Spiders we saw in that lab could get his powers.
think he knows...and remember the spider that bit Peter was strucked with electricity from the machine...even if he knew the cause he may get killed
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
1:17

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
William Spencer (stunt double for TASM and this film) posted this picture today, though it may be from TASM. The only reason it wouldn't be is if they start with the old suit and then introduce the new suit.

yaaaay transition from old suit to the new! remember the place where they were going to film in location 20 exchange or something like that?

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
TH29
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 448
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

I always looked at it and Spider-Man in general in that yeah, Peter was just one in a million that survived the spider bite and got powers from it. like a freak accident. Hes special and thats all there is to it. no spider-totems or messing with his dna. Just one of those unexplainable things.

TH29 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,248
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Yeah I bet he's still got the old suit to start, or else it's a flashback. I dunno why the guy would tweet a years old pic otherwise.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
TH29
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 448
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Im glad we may get to see both suits.

TH29 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #21
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH29 View Post
Im glad we may get to see both suits.
What if Gwen made him his new suit?

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #22
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

I'll be pleased if we see the old suit in the sequel and we get some kind of transition. Since the sequel's suit looks vastly different, I would agree with AF3619 in that Gwen could have made the new suit. And her reason for losing the leg stripes could be: "Leg stripes is a little '90's, Mr. Parker."

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
RT59103
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, ON.
Posts: 485
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

...


Last edited by RT59103; 03-21-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: double post
RT59103 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #24
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I'll be pleased if we see the old suit in the sequel and we get some kind of transition. Since the sequel's suit looks vastly different, I would agree with AF3619 in that Gwen could have made the new suit. And her reason for losing the leg stripes could be: "Leg stripes is a little '90's, Mr. Parker."
and explains the more expensive materials

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
RT59103
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, ON.
Posts: 485
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
yaaaay transition from old suit to the new! remember the place where they were going to film in location 20 exchange or something like that?
I'm starting to think it's a new pic b/c William had short hair in TASM1 (unless this was taken prior to TASM1 but I doubt it) and checking out his recent pics on Facebook, it's about the same length as it is here. (He does post some older pics w/ his shorter hair but his hair in his January pics matches this)

It would be soooooo awesome if we saw a transition from the old suit to the new!

RT59103 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.