Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #51
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post
I guess we'll never know until they release an official photo but I don't think she was lying about being on set. She did post the only photo I've seen today of Emma & Andrew

http://hoodieandflipflops.tumblr.com...-today-3-13-13

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

ah, thanks for pointing that out to me.

am more inclined to believe them now

i guess the security guard took a photo of electro concept art? he can't have taken a photo of jamie in real life, because the face of electricity will surely be achieved digitally.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #52
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
i guess the security guard took a photo of electro concept art? he can't have taken a photo of jamie in real life, because the face of electricity will surely be achieved digitally.
In a follow-up post she said it was just a sketch, so I'm assuming it was concept art.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #53
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
+
That's exactly what I was thinking. Can't wait to see Spidey vs Electro in Time Square. Also excited for a Rhino/Spidey highspeed chase, which sounds a lot like the concept art of the chase between Spidey and the Lizard that was cut from the first film.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #54
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
In a follow-up post she said it was just a sketch, so I'm assuming it was concept art.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #55
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Oh, and if that post is true, then maybe Electro's lair is that old subway station set they constructed? Don't know how I would feel about that though, it sounds a lot like Lizard's sewer lair.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #56
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Oh, and if that post is true, then maybe Electro's lair is that old subway station set they constructed? Don't know how I would feel about that though, it sounds a lot like Lizard's sewer lair.
i think electro's "lair" was posted as a marc webb tweet a few days back. the garage/workshop with the american flag painted onto bricks.

could be wrong though

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #57
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
i think electro's "lair" was posted as a marc webb tweet a few days back. the garage/workshop with the american flag painted onto bricks.

could be wrong though
remember Franklin D Roosevelt photo that seemed several pictures behind , what if the garage was the same with The American flag , what if that is Max´s photos and images or Spider-man , the stalker wall if you will but they are hiding it?

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #58
fangz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
great ideas.

I'd throw in "shocker" as a loser villain (not a major villain) who basically is introduced for a cool fight scene and to let peter learn the symbiotes weakness to sonic noise. (he get's blasted by shocker ).

it's a nice reference to also lead to peter's intelligence which was glossed over in the raimi films.
ahhh. that's rad. haha. i'm gonna go to the sequels board and either find a thread or start one about a Venom trilogy.

that's really a cool of way doing it and it gives Shocker his hard earned (in the currency of beatdowns) 15 minutes in the Spidey Cinematic Universe at the same time.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #59
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
remember Franklin D Roosevelt photo that seemed several pictures behind , what if the garage was the same with The American flag , what if that is Max´s photos and images or Spider-man , the stalker wall if you will but they are hiding it?
who knows.

i will say that the FDR image seems more connected to yesterday's news about the 1945 tunnel set than it does to electro's garage (assuming that pic is even his workshop at all)

someone a few weeks ago speculated that norman uses the hidden tunnel system to covertly go about his business in new york. they may be right.

overall i don't wish to see electro hanging out underground; it is too similar to the lizard in tasm1. better off giving him a working class residence somewhere in the city.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #60
WesMan
Banned User

Electro will be (should be) composed of blue lightning as far as his lightning goes.

And for you people doubting my age or the sincerity of my posts, TASM/Spider-Man means so much to me that I will unload my passion for it/him onto you all when I feel the situation calls for it. That is where the aggressive posts come from. Just being real.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #61
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

It'd be neat if Electro's "lair" was at a power plant or something similar.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #62
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
who knows.

i will say that the FDR image seems more connected to yesterday's news about the 1945 tunnel set than it does to electro's garage (assuming that pic is even his workshop at all)

someone a few weeks ago speculated that norman uses the hidden tunnel system to covertly go about his business in new york. they may be right.

overall i don't wish to see electro hanging out underground; it is too similar to the lizard in tasm1. better off giving him a working class residence somewhere in the city.
a) i think it was me, but i´m not sure

b) Electro going underground? lol (electrcity joke)

c) maybe he blows up his apartment

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 03-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #63
WesMan
Banned User

I do believe the things I'm saying and I know exactly how you will react to them, so I just give you insight to the most simple aspects of my opinions and apparently nobody likes this stuff as much as me.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #64
WesMan
Banned User

The bottom line is that I really hate to see TASM bashed or be derailed by bad ideas/opinions.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #65
fangz
Side-Kick

and earlier there was some talk about how the first TASM ruined intrerest in this one,

but personally, I have a lot of criticisms about the first one, mostly about pacing and how it seemed disjointed to me in different ways. not just editing but balanced funny.
i like it, but overall it's pretty much true that at the end of the day, i'm gonna at least like any Spider-Man film that's not pretty incredibly horrible.

i'm saying i didn't altogether like it, but I'm actually finding myself more excited about this one. maybe not coming here more, but that's not a good measure of that anyways.

i think the whole retelling of the origin, however necessary it might be to what Webb has in mind, had always given me this feeling like watching the movie was some homework assignment. so this one's already a lot more exciting to me.

also i like the way Webb seems to be approaching it. he seems genuinely into it, maybe the origin felt like homework to him too. or maybe he just knows how the filming of these type of movies goes now.
but he seems looser about the whole thing, and i'm hoping the movie comes out like that too.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #66
WesMan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
and earlier there was some talk about how the first TASM ruined intrerest in this one,

but personally, I have a lot of criticisms about the first one, mostly about pacing and how it seemed disjointed to me in different ways. not just editing but balanced funny.
i like it, but overall it's pretty much true that at the end of the day, i'm gonna at least like any Spider-Man film that's not pretty incredibly horrible.

i'm saying i didn't altogether like it, but I'm actually finding myself more excited about this one. maybe not coming here more, but that's not a good measure of that anyways.

i think the whole retelling of the origin, however necessary it might be to what Webb has in mind, had always given me this feeling like watching the movie was some homework assignment. so this one's already a lot more exciting to me.

also i like the way Webb seems to be approaching it. he seems genuinely into it, maybe the origin felt like homework to him too. or maybe he just knows how the filming of these type of movies goes now.
but he seems looser about the whole thing, and i'm hoping the movie comes out like that too.
I'm not. I want Marc Webb to struggle with this by fighting off all predictable influences and keeping this indie-like and grounded. And dramatic.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #67
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
a) i think it was me, but i´m not sure

b) Electro going underground? lol (electrcity joke)

c) maybe he blows up his apartment
as long as we don't see electro with an underground lair, i'm not too fussed lol.

the whole 1945 thing is intriguing. if it is for a flash back, i can't imagine what it would be for.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #68
ITheSymbioteI
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And me hating a film shouldn't keep you from showing up on here unless you just want all positive feels everywhere.
Hate? Really? Isn't that a bit extreme? Theres hardly anything to hate in these movies? Has it offended your values in any way?

Criticize, don't like, what ever, fine. What you like is your choice.

Theres no problem I can see with not liking a movie. But don't for one second deny the fact that not only are you more than glad to agree and reply to almost every single negative post about this series, or have been the one of the greatest constant skeptics around here and have had the most scoffing remarks about most things related to this franchise. Your responses to most things about these series is almost like a snobby kid that just shows the finger and makes fart noises at you.

And you know what sucks? You actually do have very poignant criticisms a lot of times. You come off as an adult with complete sane thoughts unlike wesman and do have a good idea lots of times of how to make movies better. But then theres this 'hater' mentality you have.

Its pretty much worse than Wesman imo. At least with that kid, I think I've decided he's either a troll or just off the rockers clueless kid. You have much more mature thoughts and yet you are more than glad to rag on and on and on on this franchise. And you can't just tell people to ignore your posts when you are part of a community, just as you can't tell a neighbor to ignore the loud music. You posted it, you said it. Don't tell anyone to ignore it then. You obviously posted it for the world to see.

Aren't you getting tired of coming to a forum just to scoff around more than to actually talk about positive/constructive stuff every now and then about a character I am assuming you are a fan of since you are here after all. I'm not saying always be positive and happy about everything, but at least dont be down on everything ALL the time. You go above and beyond hatinn on a movie. And everytime someone tries to point this out, you use the old 'Its my opinion, deal with it' shield. You know you can smell your own BS on those deflections. Sorry, theres much more to it than that.

Last edited by ITheSymbioteI; 03-14-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #69
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
who knows.

Maybe Max is obsessed with FDR (as well as Spidey) or something. Maybe FDR is his idol before Spider-Man...sounds weird but hey, a lot of things do.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #70
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
The bottom line is that I really hate to see TASM bashed or be derailed by bad ideas/opinions.
no one takes you seriously though, so you're doing more harm than good, i'm afraid.

oops, i appear to be feeding the likely troll. my bad.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #71
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITheSymbioteI View Post
Hate? Really? Isn't that a bit extreme? Theres hardly anything to hate in these movies? Has it offended your values in any way?

Criticize, don't like, what ever, fine. What you like is your choice.

Theres no problem I can see with not liking a movie. But don't for one second deny the fact that not only are you more than glad to agree and reply to almost every single negative post about this series, or have been the one of the greatest constant skeptics around here along with scoffing remarks about most things related to this franchise. Your responses to most things about these series is almost like a snobby kid that just shows the finger and makes a fart noise at you.

And you know what sucks? You actually do have very poignant criticisms a lot of times. You come off as an adult with complete sane thoughts unlike wesman and do have a good idea lots of times of how to make movies better. But then theres this 'hater' mentality you have.

Its pretty much worse than Wesman imo. At least with that kid, I think I've decided he's either a troll or just off the rockers clueless kid. You have much more mature thoughts and yet you are more than glad to rag on and on and on on this franchise. And you can't just tell people to ignore your posts when you are part of a community, just as you can't tell a neighbor to ignore the loud music. You posted it, you said it. Don't tell anyone to ignore it then. You obviously posted it for the world to see.

Aren't you getting tired of coming to a forum just to scoff around more than to actually talk about positive/constructive stuff every now and then about a character I am assuming you are a fan of since you are here after all. I'm not saying always be positive and happy about everything, but at least dont be down on everything ALL the time. You go above and beyond hatinn on a movie. And everytime someone tries to point this out, you use the old 'Its my opinion, deal with it' shield. You know you can smell your own BS on those deflections. Sorry, theres much more to it than that.
^

"When I read it, I cried"

Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #72
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Oh god what the **** is going on in this thread?
Just people giving my infraction button a workout.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #73
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
The Amazing Spider-Man is the greatest film of all time (in my opinion, and should be in others at least), and to blatantly expose your inaccurate perception of the film to us is unacceptable. Yes, you can say that there is no correct way to perceive something, but you're wrong in thinking that. For example, perceiving TASM as a bad film is like perceiving Hitler as a good person.
I have two words for you....GROW UP.

Opinions are like fingerprints....the person they belong to will not perfectly match yours...so getting mad about it is a waste of time.

If you can't accept that people CAN have a different opinion than you do or that they CAN express that opinion without you telling them they are wrong for having an opinion....then I suggest you log off the computer and spend the rest of your life talking to the mirror.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #74
TH29
Side-Kick

That guy cant be real.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #75
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Electro should be baby blue, it would be a lot interesting of a color to look at than orange/yellow, plus electricty is blue, so why would it be yellow? If they decide to go with realistic lightening effects I bet a lot of people on the Internet will say it looks "fake", because contained lightening looks pretty fake lol it really looks just like those cheesy effects from the 80s, so I wonder how they're going to appoach this.

Closed Thread