"When I read it, I cried"
Is that you agreeing or disagreeing with me? lol

Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #77
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post
Oh wow, spoilers on Electro's & Rhino's costume! A fan got chummy with a security guard on set today and apparently he showed her pics?!!! I follow this person on tumblr and I don't think she would lie about this:

"..this is where the scoop comes in. he told us SO much info on the movie. he said if you liked the first, you’d LOVE this. he kept going on about how awesome it was gonna be. he talked about electro’s lair and how jamie foxx is filming in studio, not really on location. THEN HE SHOWED US EFFING PICS OF THE COSTUME AND MAKEUP. okay. so spoiler alert-his costume is a plain black skin tight suit. nothing special. BUT THEN THE PICTURE OF WHAT HIS FACE WILL LOOK LIKE MY JESUS. it was like he had a thick collar around his neck and from the neck up his face was icy/electric blue. insanity. it looked AMAZING.

and i think the rhino is a bigger part than i thought. the security guard said his costume was amazing and really big."

Link to full post: http://hoodieandflipflops.tumblr.com...-my-day-on-the
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
i think electro's "lair" was posted as a marc webb tweet a few days back. the garage/workshop with the american flag painted onto bricks.

could be wrong though
Wow, this is cool news I guess.
If this person is legit, what kind of method would they do to his face since it's "icy electric/blue"? Would that be all CG? That'd be kinda weird right?

And good guesses on the lair stuff. Would've never put those two together..haha

Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #78
AF3619
WOOO!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

i hope spidey moments are kept from the first movie , like how he moves when swinging

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #79
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITheSymbioteI View Post
Is that you agreeing or disagreeing with me? lol
Definitely agreeing, you're spot on with your description of the guys activities when it comes to TASM.

Could not have said it better myself.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #80
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post
Oh wow, spoilers on Electro's & Rhino's costume! A fan got chummy with a security guard on set today and apparently he showed her pics?!!! I follow this person on tumblr and I don't think she would lie about this:

"..this is where the scoop comes in. he told us SO much info on the movie. he said if you liked the first, you’d LOVE this. he kept going on about how awesome it was gonna be. he talked about electro’s lair and how jamie foxx is filming in studio, not really on location. THEN HE SHOWED US EFFING PICS OF THE COSTUME AND MAKEUP. okay. so spoiler alert-his costume is a plain black skin tight suit. nothing special. BUT THEN THE PICTURE OF WHAT HIS FACE WILL LOOK LIKE MY JESUS. it was like he had a thick collar around his neck and from the neck up his face was icy/electric blue. insanity. it looked AMAZING.

and i think the rhino is a bigger part than i thought. the security guard said his costume was amazing and really big."

Link to full post: http://hoodieandflipflops.tumblr.com...-my-day-on-the

Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #81
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
Electro should be baby blue, it would be a lot interesting of a color to look at than orange/yellow, plus electricty is blue, so why would it be yellow? If they decide to go with realistic lightening effects I bet a lot of people on the Internet will say it looks "fake", because contained lightening looks pretty fake lol it really looks just like those cheesy effects from the 80s, so I wonder how they're going to appoach this.
Yeah baby blue is always what I pictured. I picture that with 3D and all, yellow would look a little boring.
I'm sure all the electricity that would be surrounding him (if they do that) would be CG right?
I enjoyed reading Electro's stuff in The Gauntlet. So I was stuck to picturing his electricity like this:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #82
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

I have a feeling Electro will be pure electricity in this movie. And judging from that info, I think it could be right.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #83
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Electro should be baby blue, it would be a lot interesting of a color to look at than orange/yellow, plus electricty is blue, so why would it be yellow? If they decide to go with realistic lightening effects I bet a lot of people on the Internet will say it looks "fake", because contained lightening looks pretty fake lol it really looks just like those cheesy effects from the 80s, so I wonder how they're going to appoach this.
Electricity itself does not have any color (it's massless energy). And what color we do see from it (ie: in Lightning) is more determined by what gasses are present when it passes through them, as this determines what photons (which we can see) are released from the discharge, .

A blue aura around bright white bolts is more common as there is oxygen in our atmosphere, but you can get yellows, reds, purples etc, in Lightning too. All depends on what's brewing up in the sky at the time.

Neon lights, and the multiple varieties of colors you get them in, is another example of this at work: Its the combination of gasses in the tubes that determine the color, not the electricity.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #84
ITheSymbioteI
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Definitely agreeing, you're spot on with your description of the guys activities when it comes to TASM.

Could not have said it better myself.
Sadly I have the distinct feeling he will decide to ignore me or use some other deflection like 'jeez, get a life'

Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #85
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

yeah they will probably be looking into what color to make electricity, after all in the comics and cartoon it can be whatever color they want

Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #86
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Isn't electricity usually white? Like when lightning strikes..!?

I'm afraid people could call him a Dr. Manhattan ripoff, if he's blue/baby blue.

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #87
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
i think his electricity should be yellow and green to be a nod to his comic since it's stated the suit wont be. He's a freak of nature... he doesn't exactly have to have realistic electricity colors..

i'd also love it if at times his electricity formed a similar pattern (and mask) in shape when he's going full power

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #88
SM71
bending unit

I think if they're going with blue, they should take a page outa Watchmen for Dr. Manhattan. I know the visuals are a little dated but I still thought they were great. Esp when he's too 'bright' for the television interview and asked to 'turn it down.' That blue, imo, would be perfect.

However they do it tho I think will be sick, in my head Jamie Foxx has the perfect face (it sounds weird I know) to pull off a blue-faced Electro. I can just easily picture it for some reason

Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #89
SM71
bending unit

^^ True Goran, it could very much come off a ripoff. I definitely wouldn't want people thinking it's a ripoff, but I was thinking if they are going with blue, I liked Dr. Manhattan's visuals back in '09

Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #90
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
+
Yeah, I've never really loved the rubber onsie/jacket look for Ult. Electro. It just seems like a bland and lazy design with a goofy collar. I would easily take a liberal adaptation of the 616 suit to that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #91
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
+
god i hope not...

I mean it's obvious he's probably going to have a black costume.. but every time they've even attempted to redesign electro... the costume sucks. I certainly hope he's not a ball of electricity in this film I really can't stand those interpretations of the character... i prefer him as a man who conducts electricity and doesn't become electricity himself.

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #92
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
god i hope not...

I mean it's obvious he's probably going to have a black costume.. but every time they've even attempted to redesign electro... the costume sucks. I certainly hope he's not a ball of electricity in this film I really can't stand those interpretations of the character... i prefer him as a man who conducts electricity and doesn't become electricity himself.
Sure I agree. I'm not a fan of the pure electricity thing either. That to me is bland.
I like the idea of a guy that has electricity powers. Simple.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #93
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
I mean it's obvious he's probably going to have a black costume.. but every time they've even attempted to redesign electro... the costume sucks.
It's not like his original design is a masterpiece.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #94
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Very curious why they decided to go with a black "liquid rubber" costume. Why not a very dark green "liquid rubber" with yellow piping or accents? I'd really appreciate that over the typical and overused "black".

Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #95
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

But it sure is memorable. The comic book Captain America and Hawkeye costumes are super silly too, but they found a way to adapt them to screen and change them a bit while still paying homage to the original colors/design.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #96
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
god i hope not...

What's the big difference? I know one means he doesn't transform into a ball of electricity, but does it really matter? It would look cool on screen which is what's most important.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #97
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
What's the big difference? I know one means he doesn't transform into a ball of electricity, but does it really matter? It would look cool on screen which is what's most important.
This is the kind of thinking that gets movies like "Sucker Punch" made.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #98
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
i think it fit's his characterization though. Max Dillon is a loser period. he's had a lot of bad crap happen to him, and he was gifted with an incredibly powerful power that he used for his own personal gain... he's also a bit full of himself with that power. It makes perfect since for him to have a flash self-indulgent costume that further makes him look like a loser.

making him black and blue not only makes him look generic.. but electro should never look "slick and cool" because that's not a reflection of who the character is.

That's why i really think it'd be amazing if they give him a black suit with green and yellow electricity, that sometimes forms elements of his classic 616 costume, or maybe give him a black suit that has sort of a green iridescent-ness to it with yellow electricity.

it's a great nod and update to his comic look, while imo also making him more recognizable.

and let's really hope they don't go with his current "star-fish scarred face" either...

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #99
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
you mean like the "sand cloud" was cool

I just think it makes him seem incredibly generic... spidey already has sandman who is made up of sand... there's like a hundred DC superheroes with electricity powers or that can turn into electricity...

once marvel started giving electro that boost it just sorta made him seem FAR more generic imo.

especially when marvel has an "ice man", "sand man", "Human torch", "Hydro Man", an entire team of elements "the U-foes", and even "swarm" who's made up of bees... it just felt incredibly lame to make Electro basically a "electric man"

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #100
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
This is the kind of thinking that gets movies like "Sucker Punch" made.
this is very true...

not to mention making electro turn into electricity and travel via wires.. also sorta makes him ridiculously powerful.. to the point where nearly whatever the writers write people will go "well why didn't he just do this" "why didn't he just do that?" its a incredibly easy way to write yourself into plot holes considering electricity is every where.. and it would be beyond easy for Max to find whomever he's looking for

[=]
Closed Thread