Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #101
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
you mean like the "sand cloud" was cool

I just think it makes him seem incredibly generic... spidey already has sandman who is made up of sand... there's like a hundred DC superheroes with electricity powers or that can turn into electricity...

once marvel started giving electro that boost it just sorta made him seem FAR more generic imo.

especially when marvel has an "ice man", "sand man", "Human torch", "Hydro Man", an entire team of elements "the U-foes", and even "swarm" who's made up of bees... it just felt incredibly lame to make Electro basically a "electric man"

Indeed. I far prefer the "guy with electric powers". The "electricity being" is super generic. I'd rather see a person on screen, acting than a lame CGI approximation, no matter how "cool" it looks.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #102
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Oh okay that's understandable. I commend you for standing up for socool's honor, he definitely needed and deserved it.
Well I'm glad someone was glad what I did, haha.

Nice to come on here to see I got a warning for saying what everyone else was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITheSymbioteI View Post
Hate? Really? Isn't that a bit extreme? Theres hardly anything to hate in these movies? Has it offended your values in any way?

Criticize, don't like, what ever, fine. What you like is your choice.

Theres no problem I can see with not liking a movie. But don't for one second deny the fact that not only are you more than glad to agree and reply to almost every single negative post about this series, or have been the one of the greatest constant skeptics around here and have had the most scoffing remarks about most things related to this franchise. Your responses to most things about these series is almost like a snobby kid that just shows the finger and makes fart noises at you.

And you know what sucks? You actually do have very poignant criticisms a lot of times. You come off as an adult with complete sane thoughts unlike wesman and do have a good idea lots of times of how to make movies better. But then theres this 'hater' mentality you have.

Its pretty much worse than Wesman imo. At least with that kid, I think I've decided he's either a troll or just off the rockers clueless kid. You have much more mature thoughts and yet you are more than glad to rag on and on and on on this franchise. And you can't just tell people to ignore your posts when you are part of a community, just as you can't tell a neighbor to ignore the loud music. You posted it, you said it. Don't tell anyone to ignore it then. You obviously posted it for the world to see.

Aren't you getting tired of coming to a forum just to scoff around more than to actually talk about positive/constructive stuff every now and then about a character I am assuming you are a fan of since you are here after all. I'm not saying always be positive and happy about everything, but at least dont be down on everything ALL the time. You go above and beyond hatinn on a movie. And everytime someone tries to point this out, you use the old 'Its my opinion, deal with it' shield. You know you can smell your own BS on those deflections. Sorry, theres much more to it than that.
Hrm...when I feel it's only a tad bit better than Spider-Man 3, then yah, I find it incredibly disappointing and terrible. I very much hate the way the first film of Webb's series starts out.

And let me remind you as I seem to always do this...I come on a thread to say how much I dislike it as much as someone pops up to say they like a film, and this IS for the sequel, which, as a Spider-Man fan, I do want to see even if I did not care for the first one. Go on the TDKR boards and see if you can stop anyone from ranting on about how they view the film negatively, see what they have to say to you, lol.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #103
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
i think it fit's his characterization though. Max Dillon is a loser period. he's had a lot of bad crap happen to him, and he was gifted with an incredibly powerful power that he used for his own personal gain... he's also a bit full of himself with that power. It makes perfect since for him to have a flash self-indulgent costume that further makes him look like a loser.

making him black and blue not only makes him look generic.. but electro should never look "slick and cool" because that's not a reflection of who the character is.
The way you explain it, it does make sense. But to be fair, I really doubt that was the original idea when they first designed the costume. I don't think Electro needs a design that reflects the character.

You are a comicbook fan I presume and you would appreciate the use of the original design. But when a non-comicbook reader sees the costume, he's not gonna appreciate it no matter how correct it is to source material, he only thinks it looks cheesy. In a movie business they have to please everyone

Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #104
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
The way you explain it, it does make sense. But to be fair, I really doubt that was the original idea when they first designed the costume. I don't think Electro needs a design that reflects the character.
Yeah, didn't the whole insecurity issues get introduced way later?

Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #105
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post

You are a comicbook fan I presume and you would appreciate the use of the original design. But when a non-comicbook reader sees the costume, he's not gonna appreciate it no matter how correct it is to source material, he only thinks it looks cheesy. In a movie business they have to please everyone
electro evolved more into the "loser" persona as time went on.. at the time of creation it was basically about "lets see how flashy we can make a villain"

the best Heroes and Villains ALWAYS have a costume that reflects there character imo...

also.. if we really did get something similar to the 616 comics it's not about how it looks on screen as much as it is about "what's the context" of it... for instance.. that costume would work great in a film like "Kick Ass" because it's about "do it yourself" heroes and villains, and it has that comedic side.

I don't think the real comic mask would ever look great on screen (That's why id prefer it to be formed with electricity)

but... if he were to have a comic accurate costume with a few tweaked updates... including the mask... you just have to write that into the story... have spidey call him "star fish head" make fun of him, and make a costume like that fit the character. If the movie makes fun of his costume.. and doesn't take it seriously.. than it works. If they try to take it seriously and don't admit it's cheesy (Raimi Goblin) then yea... that's when it's not good for people to call it such...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #106
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yeah, didn't the whole insecurity issues get introduced way later?
yes. but these are also movies that have to incompass all about the character.. because they might only get one film.

i mean.. do we really want Green Goblin introduced with Hulk on a movie set? or Sandman getting defeated by a shop vac?

no.

the fact they're already making Max a loser character who's insecure and wants to stick it to the man... show's they're already including his modern persona

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #107
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
i think his electricity should be yellow and green to be a nod to his comic since it's stated the suit wont be. He's a freak of nature... he doesn't exactly have to have realistic electricity colors..

i'd also love it if at times his electricity formed a similar pattern (and mask) in shape when he's going full power
It doesn't make any sense why his electricity would be yellow or green considering he's surrounded by oxygen, so it'll appear blue/white. They're going grounded, so they need to make Electro's power so. Yellow and green would clash way too much with everything and just seem cheesey.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #108
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
It doesn't make any sense why his electricity would be yellow or green considering he's surrounded by oxygen, so it'll appear blue/white. They're going grounded, so they need to make Electro's power so. Yellow and green would clash way too much with everything and just seem cheesey.
except we have no idea how Electro is created.. I highly doubt his origin will just be "electrician on pole, gets struck by lightening" There's something scientific that actually made him survive.. and what if that something makes his body give off slight elements that DO make electricity those colors?

I highly disagree with you

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #109
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

This is the point where someone says: "Who cares? It's just fantasy! There's already a guy who can crawl walls!", which makes me sad (and makes my head hurt), because the education system has failed so many.

Also, I'd actually much prefer no mask, but the fanboy in me wants the costume to be a subtle dark green with suble yellow-ish accents- even along with the "Bolts" all over it as Foxx alleged in the interview. Subdued, but still unique.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #110
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

There isn't a single villain in any CBM out nowadays who has a costume outside of Kickass. They either wear regular clothes from their homeland (Thor, Loki) or have armors that are there to supply their powers (Iron Monger, Whiplash). It makes more sense for Electro to NOT have a costume, considering he's a villain, so why does he care if people know his secret identity? He doesn't have any loved ones to exploit, so it doesn't matter. He'd wear whatever, makes more sense than him sitting down and sewing a funky costume for no reason. He'd look like freaking Jim Carrey's Riddler if he wore something resembling his costume suit (except for being black and not having pink hair). His costume is black, and his electricty is blue, because it fits. Why would he wear something that would get people to make fun of him, why wear a mask when he SHOULD be telling people "I'm Max Dillion, remember me!". He's not going to have green and yellow lightening, which would look stupid, and he's not going to have a green and yellow costume, because this isn't Batman Forever.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #111
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
except we have no idea how Electro is created.. I highly doubt his origin will just be "electrician on pole, gets struck by lightening" There's something scientific that actually made him survive.. and what if that something makes his body give off slight elements that DO make electricity those colors?

I highly disagree with you
Yeah, well, that's not happening so...don't start sounding desperate.
And I highly disagree with you, people are already on the fence about this movie, green and yellow lightening probably wouldn't really appeal to a lot of people.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #112
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
There isn't a single villain in any CBM out nowadays who has a costume outside of Kickass. They either wear regular clothes from their homeland (Thor, Loki) or have armors that are there to supply their powers (Iron Monger, Whiplash). It makes more sense for Electro to NOT have a costume, considering he's a villain, so why does he care if people know his secret identity? He doesn't have any loved ones to exploit, so it doesn't matter. He'd wear whatever, makes more sense than him sitting down and sewing a funky costume for no reason. He'd look like freaking Jim Carrey's Riddler if he wore something resembling his costume suit (except for being black and not having pink hair). His costume is black, and his electricty is blue, because it fits. Why would he wear something that would get people to make fun of him, why wear a mask when he SHOULD be telling people "I'm Max Dillion, remember me!". He's not going to have green and yellow lightening, which would look stupid, and he's not going to have a green and yellow costume, because this isn't Batman Forever.

There's no need for the flashy costume, or to have Max make it himself- After all, we know that he's put into a containment suit. All, I'm saying is that the suit that Oscorp uses for Max could be a dark green utilitarian, containment suit. Why does it need to be black? It's a creative cop-out to go with yet another black suit. Especially when we've seen in recent films how the classic costumes can be adapted to screen and messed with enough so that they don't look cheesy, but also pay homage to the original AND make sense within the story.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #113
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
This is the point where someone says: "Who cares? It's just fantasy! There's already a guy who can crawl walls!", which makes me sad (and makes my head hurt), because the education system has failed so many.

Also, I'd actually much prefer no mask, but the fanboy in me wants the costume to be a subtle dark green with suble yellow-ish accents- even along with the "Bolts" all over it as Foxx alleged in the interview. Subdued, but still unique.
Foxx said there would be bolts or something on it, but even still, om fine with some kind of plain, I mean where would he get something like that? I can't picture him making it. His most "iconic" aspect will be the surrounding electricity, so they'll probably use that. Make it look more like Ultimate Electro, in blue form. It doesn't mean Electro's entire face will be blue, he might have blue eyes with bolts sparking out of them, which would look pretty cool. Probably have a couple scars on his face. He doesn't need lightening shaped ones, maybe some resembling it (take for example HP's scar, in the books it was exactly like a bolt of lightening, but in the movies it somewhat resembled it and made it seem less "tacked on").

Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #114
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
There's no need for the flashy costume, or to have Max make it himself- After all, we know that he's put into a containment suit. All, I'm saying is that the suit that Oscorp uses for Max could be a dark green utilitarian, containment suit. Why does it need to be black? It's a creative cop-out to go with yet another black suit. Especially when we've seen in recent films how the classic costumes can be adapted to screen and messed with enough so that they don't look cheesy, but also pay homage to the original AND make sense within the story.
Dark green and baby blue wouldn't go together very well though, the green woul have to pratically look black. Also, take into account if the suit is reflective it'll reflect the colors of his electricty powers, so it'll have blues and such. Oscorp strikes me as a company that utitlizes blues and darker tone colors, so wouldn't their utility suits and things go with the company colors or be sleek and modern, which is typically either metallic silver or metallic black? It'll still be somewhat accurate to the comics, the Ultimate comics, so it isn't like Webb is taking creative liberities for people to whine about. Sure, you can say it's not the "right" place to take inspiration from, but
it's not pulled out of thin air. The last villian was greatly inspired by the original original villian (first apperance of The Lizard), this one can be more inspired by the new age version.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #115
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Electro in blue energy form will be like the comics,the ultimate comics.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #116
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And let me remind you as I seem to always do this...I come on a thread to say how much I dislike it as much as someone pops up to say they like a film, and this IS for the sequel, which, as a Spider-Man fan, I do want to see even if I did not care for the first one. Go on the TDKR boards and see if you can stop anyone from ranting on about how they view the film negatively, see what they have to say to you, lol.
we all know you don't like the film, but why you find the need to have to say it every so often in the manner you do like your say is making a difference to anything i dunno but after a while its abit silly and does come across as trolling

Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #117
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
And I highly disagree with you, people are already on the fence about this movie, green and yellow lightening probably wouldn't really appeal to a lot of people.
green and yellow lightening seems very 80s to me

makes me think of superman 4

Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #118
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Oh really? im so glad you are in the know to exactly what is happening in this film and what is not...

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #119
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Dark green and baby blue wouldn't go together very well though, the green woul have to pratically look black. Also, take into account if the suit is reflective it'll reflect the colors of his electricty powers, so it'll have blues and such. Oscorp strikes me as a company that utitlizes blues and darker tone colors, so wouldn't their utility suits and things go with the company colors or be sleek and modern, which is typically either metallic silver or metallic black? It'll still be somewhat accurate to the comics, the Ultimate comics, so it isn't like Webb is taking creative liberities for people to whine about. Sure, you can say it's not the "right" place to take inspiration from, but
it's not pulled out of thin air. The last villian was greatly inspired by the original original villian (first apperance of The Lizard), this one can be more inspired by the new age version.

All I'm saying is that they could make it work if they wanted to. The Ultimate Spider-Man costume is just fine- for the Ultimate Spider-Man comic. For a fully realized film version, I'd much prefer something that pays a bit of homage to the original costume- considering every single other aspect of the character is completely different.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #120
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
ummmm no one is saying electro SHOULD wear a mask... and we don't know what his costume looks like.. a Security Guard with concept art pics... and a reporter who wont share pics has zero credibility.

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #121
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Hell, the simple fact that Electro will be black will help make him standout from all the other super villians lol there isn't a single minority villian in any recent CBM, unless you count Thanos as a minority lol

Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #122
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

It's kind of messed up once you start thinking about it lol

Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #123
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

very 80s indeed

Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #124
BobbyCorwin88

Did I miss all of the conversation about the MJ and Gwen set photos? Because I probably did. I'm kind of living in a stone-age type situation where I have no internet except the fleeting moments I get at work.

Anyway, REALLY didn't think Emma Stone could look any more gorgeous

Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #125
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Hell, the simple fact that Electro will be black will help make him standout from all the other super villians lol there isn't a single minority villian in any recent CBM, unless you count Thanos as a minority lol
im not talking about standing out as a movie character though... that's a small niche compared to standing out period.... im looking at the bigger picture.

I don't think Race is a factor of what makes someone stand out in a role to be honest... it's the story, and the over all concept of the character.

[=]
Closed Thread