The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 04-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Default Question about DOFP Premiere in NYC on May 10th

Hi, everyone. I have a question to all the fans who have ever gone to a big blockbuster premiere (X-men or otherwise). By pure dumb luck, I will be in NYC on Saturday, May 10th, the same day DOFP will have its big NYC premiere.

I will not be seeing the film (way out of my price range), but I wanted to hang around, see the celebrities on the red carpet and take some pictures.

I am from Kentucky--we don't have premieres, we have horses. I have no idea what I need to do in order to get a good spot (if that's even possible) or how long before the actual movie begins that I need to be there in order to see anything worthwhile. I can't even find what time activities start or where the premiere will be held in NYC.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? I will be eternally grateful.

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Question about DOFP Premiere in NYC on May 10th

Lucky you! I wish I was in NY around that time or LA on the 19th. I'll probably plan an LA trip around the west coast premiere, but hopefully someone around here can help you with info on the NYC one.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

Thats a good question. I'm interested about this too (though I wont be going)

Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Apparently, this is supposed to be the big, global premiere, which means it'll be insanely packed. I can't even figure out which theater in NYC it's being held in (I've heard the Ziefeld theater maybe?) and what time on May 10th it'll take place.

They even put a promo for it on the X-men channel on YouTube, about the cast splitting up after NYC and going all over the globe. But no details on when/where/etc.

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Big V
Side-Kick

Anyone know how to get tickets? Other than signing up for contests that is, like actually buying them.

Big V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

If it's at the Ziegfeld, plan on getting there early, since this premiere is likely to be packed. They usually let people wait across the street, where they set up barricades, and if you get a good spot you'll be able to see everyone on their way in. Some come across the street the meet fans, but I think that depends on the crowds (and if they want to do it).

I've been there for the the premieres of the first Hobbit movie, and for Les Miserables, and managed to see the casts of both going up the red carpet. There was a tent up for all of the press, but those were in the winter. If the weather is nice, they may not put that up.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #7
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big V View Post
Anyone know how to get tickets? Other than signing up for contests that is, like actually buying them.
Well...I can't speak for the NYC premiere (I think they're sold out regardless), but the LA one is $4,500 for two tickets, which includes the after party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
If it's at the Ziegfeld, plan on getting there early, since this premiere is likely to be packed. They usually let people wait across the street, where they set up barricades, and if you get a good spot you'll be able to see everyone on their way in. Some come across the street the meet fans, but I think that depends on the crowds (and if they want to do it).

I've been there for the the premieres of the first Hobbit movie, and for Les Miserables, and managed to see the casts of both going up the red carpet. There was a tent up for all of the press, but those were in the winter. If the weather is nice, they may not put that up.
Good to know--thank you, Danoyse! I was thinking about arriving 3, maybe 4 hours before the premiere. Do you think that'll be enough time to get a good spot?

Click Here to Read.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #8
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
Good to know--thank you, Danoyse! I was thinking about arriving 3, maybe 4 hours before the premiere. Do you think that'll be enough time to get a good spot?
At the earliest. It's on a Saturday, which is already a busy day in the city, and since they're really publicizing the premieres, it could get really crowded. The Harry Potter and Twilight premieres there were pretty insane.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

We should also find out for sure if it's going to be at the Ziegfeld. They also have premieres at the AMC near Lincoln Center (TDKR was there), and occasionally at one of the theaters on 42nd St.

I'm guessing the Ziegfeld, but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #10
JohnGrey
Side-Kick

I cannot wait to see the whole cast and most definitely previous cast attend this!

JohnGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #11
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well...I can't speak for the NYC premiere (I think they're sold out regardless), but the LA one is $4,500 for two tickets, which includes the after party.
Even better, it's $4500 each ticket!

Here's the details:

Quote:
"X-Men: Days of Future Past” Premiere and After Party

Date/Location: May 19, 2014 Los Angeles (exact date and location TBD)

Synopsis: The X-Men send Wolverine to the past to change a major historical event that could globally impact man and mutant kind.

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen

Cost: $4,450. per person (sold in pairs/ only 2 pairs available)
This was what was emailed to me. I'm not sure if this is even valid anymore since that video with Hugh, James and Michael never mentioned an LA premiere (but surely there has to be one ).

Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #12
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Even better, it's $4500 each ticket!
*sigh* Well, I guess they can charge what they want--if someone has money to burn, then good for them. I have rent and car payments, so I'll be doing the cheap-man's version, and stand outside cheering like an idiot for a movie I won't be able to see for another two weeks after.

Click Here to Read.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #13
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

At least you'll actually be there. I do want to plan either a trip to NYC or LA for the premieres. That's the dream anyways.

Old Today, 07:58 AM   #14
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
At least you'll actually be there. I do want to plan either a trip to NYC or LA for the premieres. That's the dream anyways.
Oh, this wasn't planned. I happen to be visiting my sister in NJ that weekend and we had already decided to go into NYC on the 10th. Pure, coincidental luck.

No...I'm driving in my crappy little 2002 Corolla for 11 hours to get up there.

Click Here to Read.
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #15
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

I went to the First Class premiere at the Ziegfeld. Most of the cast was there, and McAvoy and Fassbender actually went across the street to where we fans were situated and signed posters, etc. Though unless you had boobs, they payed no attention to you.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #16
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We probally won't get any reviews till after the NYC premiere.

Old Today, 09:24 AM   #17
JP
Flame On

Eh... I have a feeling it's going to be a lot like First Class, Cap 2, and The Avengers. They're going to have the geek blogs screen it in a week or two to get positive word out and build hype.

Unless the film isn't good.

Old Today, 09:52 AM   #18
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Eh... I have a feeling it's going to be a lot like First Class, Cap 2, and The Avengers. They're going to have the geek blogs screen it in a week or two to get positive word out and build hype.

Unless the film isn't good.

I've noticed this trend as well, and it's really annoying. There are some movies (Man of Steel, as an example) that had about 80% Fresh of over a week before the movie release...and then it dropped to 55% 24 hours before the big day.

We won't know what the "real" critical reviews are until about two days before the movie is actually being released, if that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I went to the First Class premiere at the Ziegfeld. Most of the cast was there, and McAvoy and Fassbender actually went across the street to where we fans were situated and signed posters, etc. Though unless you had boobs, they payed no attention to you.
It's good to be a girl sometimes.

Click Here to Read.
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #19
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Man of steel Is case where geek blogs mainly ate it up but actual critics were less kind.

First class has 87 on RT,Captain America the winter soldier at 89 on rt and Avengers at
93 on RT so it's not like critics hated those films. Amazing Spider-man 2 has 76 right now slighty higher than first ASM.

Old Today, 01:19 PM   #20
JP
Flame On

Quote:
I've noticed this trend as well, and it's really annoying. There are some movies (Man of Steel, as an example) that had about 80% Fresh of over a week before the movie release...and then it dropped to 55% 24 hours before the big day.

We won't know what the "real" critical reviews are until about two days before the movie is actually being released, if that.
Most of the "blogs" are going to be harder on an X-film. So, like FIrst Class, if the initial reactions are positive, then it's a great sign.
Quote:
It's good to be a girl sometimes.