The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #626
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Lex: wanna know how I got bald?
Lex: My father, was a hair stylist, and a FIEND. And one night, he goes off craaaaazier than usual. Mommy gets the hair clippers to defend herself. He doesn't like that. NOT. ONE. BIT. So, me watching, he takes the clippers to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "Why so HAIRIOUS?" Comes at me with the clippers. "WHY SO HAIRIOUS?" He sticks the clippers in my hair... "Let's put a BALD on that SCALP!" And...

Lex: Why so hairious?

Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #627
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

epicness

I'm dancing the Batusi in front of Bane Hardy
Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #628
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Man you guys are nerds...lol

As am I apparently

Old 03-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #629
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Lex: My father, was a hair stylist, and a FIEND. And one night, he goes off craaaaazier than usual. Mommy gets the hair clippers to defend herself. He doesn't like that. NOT. ONE. BIT. So, me watching, he takes the clippers to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "Why so HAIRIOUS?" Comes at me with the clippers. "WHY SO HAIRIOUS?" He sticks the clippers in my hair... "Let's put a BALD on that SCALP!" And...

Lex: Why so hairious?
Ha ha this made me laugh out loud on the bus, people were looking at me strangely after

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #630
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

:

Old 03-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #631
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Lex: My father, was a hair stylist, and a FIEND. And one night, he goes off craaaaazier than usual. Mommy gets the hair clippers to defend herself. He doesn't like that. NOT. ONE. BIT. So, me watching, he takes the clippers to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "Why so SHEARIOUS?" Comes at me with the clippers. "WHY SO SHEARIOUS?" He sticks the clippers in my hair... "Let's put a SHINE on that SCALP!" And...

Lex: Why so shearious?
fixed, lol

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #632
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Our Man of Steel, Henry Cavill, has joined the Celebrity READ campaign with the American Library Association. Check out his READ poster, and purchase one for yourself here: http://bit.ly/15sz6AK

Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #633
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

As a Library Volunteer,
I think that is VERY COOL!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #634
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Yeah I work at a college library so this is pretty cool. lol

Old 03-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #635
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Iron Man 3 Trailer 2
lol.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #636
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

God this thread is just dead. *Sad face*

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #637
i_Cam
Side-Kick

So...........................no pics? Trailer? Sneak peak review? Set report? I'm using the banned "superman about to take off" pic as my desktop. I wonder if that's a bannable offense. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
God this thread is just dead. *Sad face*

Last edited by i_Cam; 03-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #638
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Don't worry, boys and girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Dent
The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #639
JimJimBinks
A friend

I've been calling around today trying to get tickets to the premiere. The Superman Returns premiere was amazing, and I'm hoping to have a repeat of the fun at the MOS one.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 03-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #640
i_Cam
Side-Kick

@ Harvey Dent

Old 03-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #641
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I think they are waiting until the middle of April or the begining of May to release that stuff, i Cam.

Warners has decide to do the last minute marketing thing so we are going to have to wait a few weeks. It's going to be fun when the time comes but now? It's beyond boring.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #642
Zorex
No T, No Shade

I'm reminded of something C.Lee posted about recently, about a time when the public wouldn't even know about a movie coming out until they went to a theatre and saw a poster or a trailer.

.........Often I long for those days.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #643
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
I'm reminded of something C.Lee posted about recently, about a time when the public wouldn't even know about a movie coming out until they went to a theatre and saw a poster or a trailer.

.........Often I long for those days.
That was so long ago. I remember back in 1998 spending a whole day constantly refreshing a website and then spending 2 hours downloading the high quality QuickTime version of The Phantom Menace teaser. From that point on it seemed like trailers and posters being posted online was like a mini-event.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #644
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
That was so long ago.
I'm from a long long time ago.......and a galaxy far far away.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #645
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I'm from a long long time ago.......and a galaxy far far away.
HA!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #646
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I long less war, less murder, less rape, less racism and hate of any kind.

Movie promotions of old is the least thing I long for because there are more important things than films.

In regards to cinema, far more films are released than have ever been released and studios are fighting for attention from videogames and other activities and other films so things will never go back to the way they were.

I'm 28 so I don't have the nostalgic inclinations of a 50-60 year old just like an 18 doesn't have the same nostalgic inclinations as myself. I wish that Resident Evil would go back to being a survival horror series but since every thing has to be a shooter so I'm not going to get my wish.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-21-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #647
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think they are waiting until the middle of April or the begining of May to release that stuff, i Cam.

Warners has decide to do the last minute marketing thing so we are going to have to wait a few weeks. It's going to be fun when the time comes but now? It's beyond boring.
It's amazing the ebs and flows of the forums and threads. These are good times to explore other area's where I never venture off too lol

For example, in another thread I wouldn't normally pay attemtion to I found these official MOS shirts. I'm pretty sure this is what I'll be wearing to see the movie.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by i_Cam; 03-21-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #648
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It's going to be fun when the time comes but now? It's beyond boring.
I'm always fascinated how much the younger generation (younger than me, the old fart) write about being bored.....I don't have enough time in the day to get in all the things that I have, want, and need to do....I have no time to be bored....maybe I'll schedule some boring time for 25 years or so from now.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #649
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
I long less war, less murder, less rape, less racism and hate of any kind.

Movie promotions of old is the least thing I long for because there are more important things than films.

In regards to cinema, far more films are released than have ever been released and studios are fighting for attention from videogames and other activities and other films so things will never go back to the way they were.

I'm 28 so I don't have the nostalgic inclinations of a 50-60 year old just like an 18 doesn't have the same nostalgic inclinations as myself. I wish that Resident Evil would go back to being a survival horror series but since every thing has to be a shooter so I'm not going to get my wish.
Any sane person longs for those things you mentioned. But there is no harm in feeling nostalgia for those old times though. As a 34 year old I also miss Resident Evil being a Survival Horror, but I also miss old style Graphic Adventure Games like Monkey Island and Full Throttle.

The film business is what I grew up in. It's essentially the family business. My mom is an actress, my dad is an actor. My brother is an actor, and both him and I were raised on movie sets. I spent years working behind the camera. So while there are more important things in the world, cinema will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart, and I'll often find myself feeling nostalgic for various aspects of the industry.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #650
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I'm always fascinated how much the younger generation (younger than me, the old fart) write about being bored.....I don't have enough time in the day to get in all the things that I have, want, and need to do....I have no time to be bored....maybe I'll schedule some boring time for 25 years or so from now.
I'm saying this particular forum is boring right now, to me.

Heh, You sound like my dad or something. You are from another generation so you are suppose to think that.

That post started off as me being snarky JimJim and then it turned into a real post. I get being nostalgic about certain things pertaining to the entertainment industry which is why I brought up my frustation with me favorite videogame series. In general I just don't like most modern games.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-21-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Closed Thread