The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #826
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I mean, that's a no brainier at this point isn't it ? It's safe to say it's going to make 500 mil ww at the very least.

Yet watch it only make 200 million ww.
I would die.
I don't see that happening I see it making $700 million.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #827
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukNoris View Post
Am I the only one who wasn't...impressed by the trailer?

I have faith in Snyder because I enjoyed Watchmen and 300, but still...

Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #828
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

I'm the only one?

I figured...

It just seemed....iffy

Old 03-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #829
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
I'm the only one?

I figured...

It just seemed....iffy
If you don't mind me asking what did you want in a superman trailer?

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 03-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #830
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I'm the only one?

I figured...

It just seemed....iffy
What seemed iffy about it to you ?
Did you not enjoy the seriousness and realism vibes that the trailer conveyed ?
Did you not think there was enough action ?
I'm genuinely curious.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #831
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
I'm the only one?

I figured...

It just seemed....iffy
I was very impressed with the CC fotage, so when I saw trailer 2 I wasn't like blown away with it. I expected much of it to be the CC footage if not all of it, and I would have been cool with the latter. I did not expect the music they had chosen for it, I know it's just canned music and not Zimmer's actual soundtrack, but I'd have picked something else, even though I like it a lot now.

Anyway, after rewatching the trailer, with its clear footage and shots over and over again and pausing it and trying to analyze what is going on in every little scene my excitement grew VERY much for it. I could not be more excited for this.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #832
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
The ending was rushed for one, he dies and is back within no time, that guy trying to rape Martha Kent (too much for a family movie), the fact Superman kills the villain and he knows that he's killing him and I didn't like the Clark Lous stuff when they were in College. It was just unnecessary.
I see. Well, I really like little Clark letting loose on a guy trying to defend his mom. You can see the urge to defend people was there all along, even if it's not as honed and measured as it will later be, and I like the drama that scene squeezes out of the concept of a superpowered kid. It's not just fun and games, like "Gee, Ma, Clark lifted a tractor today!" As for the college stuff, it evokes a Felicity-ish vibe, which I kind of like. It's a fun, relatable scene that makes you go "Whoa, imagine if one of the guys at my latest college party was Superman!" I see where you're coming from calling it unnecessary, but it's just different interpretations of things.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #833
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
If you don't mind me asking what did you want in a superman trailer?
I'm not too well versed in Superman, but I really didn't like the shots of Clark as a kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
What seemed iffy about it to you ?
Did you not enjoy the seriousness and realism vibes that the trailer conveyed ?
Did you not think there was enough action ?
I'm genuinely curious.
The shots of Clark as a kid and what his mom (?) was talking to him about.
I enjoy seriousness and realism actually, I loved Batman
And I also wished there was more action

I'm not saying it was a bad trailer, just that it doesn't get me excited for MOS

Old 03-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #834
Glassjaw
In training

It's a trailer of two halves really. The first half builds up Superman beautifully, for fans it's goosebumps inducing stuff, he takes off as we finally get a proper reveal of him (besides the last 5 seconds of the teaser in front of TDKR, its the first time we get to see him.) Then the second half of the trailer is almost a teaser for all the action and crazyness that we know so little about with this film. So I can understand people being blown away by the trailer, and non-fans still not sure about it.

The next trailer sounds like it will be heavy on the action and money shots, which I think is what will convert those who are on the fence, or not yet interested.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #835
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
It's a trailer of two halves really. The first half builds up Superman beautifully, for fans it's goosebumps inducing stuff, he takes off as we finally get a proper reveal of him (besides the last 5 seconds of the teaser in front of TDKR, its the first time we get to see him.) Then the second half of the trailer is almost a teaser for all the action and crazyness that we know so little about with this film. So I can understand people being blown away by the trailer, and non-fans still not sure about it.

The next trailer sounds like it will be heavy on the action and money shots, which I think is what will convert those who are on the fence, or not yet interested.
I sincerely hope so. Like I said, I'm not against this movie or Snyder, I'm just unsure.

I'm still going to watch the movie anyways

Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #836
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I see. Well, I really like little Clark letting loose on a guy trying to defend his mom. You can see the urge to defend people was there all along, even if it's not as honed and measured as it will later be, and I like the drama that scene squeezes out of the concept of a superpowered kid. It's not just fun and games, like "Gee, Ma, Clark lifted a tractor today!" As for the college stuff, it evokes a Felicity-ish vibe, which I kind of like. It's a fun, relatable scene that makes you go "Whoa, imagine if one of the guys at my latest college party was Superman!" I see where you're coming from calling it unnecessary, but it's just different interpretations of things.
I still would've preferred it to Superman Returns though

All I'm gonna say though is everything happens for a reason and Man of Steel looks like the Superman I've been waiting for. So for that reason I'm glad what happened before did cause we might never have gotten to this point otherwise.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #837
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post

Well said.
I sure as hell hope the final trailer is off the hook crazy. If we have a trailer full of action shots for 2 whole mins, i will be very happy.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #838
gomez147
You're not just anyone

He has published 'more info'

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/227-m...5754206?page=2

Can't believe what that guy is saying anymore. I call BS.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #839
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post

Again...

Bee Ess.

Loads of it.

Trust.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #840
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Quote:

Probably BS, but still kind of fun to read.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #841
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Things are about to pick up.

Quote:
Henry Cavill Visting Japan For Man Of Steel Promotional Tour

According to the verified Warner Brothers Japan Twitter account and Walkerplus, a Japanese magazine and news outlet, the official promo tour of the most anticipated movie of this year, Man of Steel will begin next week. The first stop on the three-month tour will be Japan, which the new Superman, Henry Cavill will visit March 27-28.

Fans from Japan, do not miss this event! Fans from other countries, stay tuned to our website. We will keep you informed as more information becomes available.
http://henrycavill.org/en/blog/henry...to-visit-japan

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #842
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
HELL. Yes.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #843
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Here we go!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #844
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'm glad they are going to go WW !

Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #845
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:

Wow. That was incredibly horrible. There's no way any of that stuff happens. WHY do people feel the need to do this? Why does someone even make up this stuff? I just don't get it. They have to know they will be proved a liar eventually. Are they just stupid people? The guy writing it doesn't seem very intelligent.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #846
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:

This guy has been following this movie very closely.Not many people know about the bar scene.It was in the leak call sheet about a year ago.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #847
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Looks like the promotion....is about to go up, up, and away. YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #848
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #849
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
This guy has been following this movie very closely.Not many people know about the bar scene.It was in the leak call sheet about a year ago.
Really?

Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #850
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Really?
You didn't know about the bar scene?

Closed Thread