The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #951
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Completely disagree. It's a striking image that puts Supes front and centre in an actual situation and is actually generating a lot of interest and discussion I've noticed amongst people (in my own life and listening to unassociated podcasts). I know you'd rather a generic image of Supes flying but this is far better, and has something to say.
Well said

Makes me laugh that he called it an abomination.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #952
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Completely disagree. It's a striking image that puts Supes front and centre in an actual situation and is actually generating a lot of interest and discussion I've noticed amongst people (in my own life and listening to unassociated podcasts). I know you'd rather a generic image of Supes flying but this is far better, and has something to say.
I doubt he was talking about the context in the image, but rather the quality. And I agree, it looks terrible . It's like someone went to Comic-Con, made a photo while the trailer was playing on the screen and then tweeted it as the new Man of Steel poster. Well, maybe it's not as bad as that, but in technical aspect, is right there with that God-awful third TDKR poster.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #953
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I loved the concept of the poster.
Sure, it could have been executed better. But nevertheless, it's a striking and cool image. I just bought the poster in fact a few days ago, and the teaser poster arrived at my house Wed.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #954
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
I remember that! It was on a weekend, I heard about it on BlueTights and scanned the tv like a mad man. A few hours later boom! Never so excited to see a... Pepsi commercial, I think it was.
Yep! I was on BlueTights too and it was such a great time because it was a similar situation now where they was a lack of news and media and then those commercials hit and kicked off the blitz. Good times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Where is that dude who came waltzing in here about 3 weeks ago with false hopes of ´´insiders info`` about character posters debuting ´´any day now`` and then disappeared.

Anyway, watch nothing happen in April aside from a EW MOS issue with another few lame stills inside which WB won't release in HD and the trailer only coming out with IM3's domestic release in May.
More like "dudes".

Using my own sources I can say that in the next 3 months we'll see a poster (maybe even two) along with some commercials, a trailer and...I'll have to double check with my sources on this one...we may see a movie sometime in the June, perhaps within the second week but don't quote me on that.

In all seriousness though CinemaCon will wield something new that we won't see but we'll hear about it but the closest events before that would be MTV Movie Awards and WB's movie 42 for MOS stuff.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #955
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
I doubt he was talking about the context in the image, but rather the quality. And I agree, it looks terrible . It's like someone went to Comic-Con, made a photo while the trailer was playing on the screen and then tweeted it as the new Man of Steel poster. Well, maybe it's not as bad as that, but in technical aspect, is right there with that God-awful third TDKR poster.
Well, it’s not done in a conventionally polished or “pretty” style. It’s raw - as if invoking a documentary or cinéma vérité quality. Quite intentional, presumably.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #956
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post

Hoping we get a better poster soon.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #957
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Well, it’s not done in a conventionally polished or “pretty” style. It’s raw - as if invoking a documentary or cinéma vérité quality. Quite intentional, presumably.
Still looks like crap, tho.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #958
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Still looks like crap, tho.
But others like it.

How would we feel if it's the Blu-Ray/DVD cover?

Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #959
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

90% of people seemed to hate/dislike the poster when it was released...

Also, I doubt it will be the Blu-ray/DVD cover, might be the cover for a steelbook though.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #960
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
90% of people seemed to hate/dislike the poster when it was released...

Also, I doubt it will be the Blu-ray/DVD cover, might be the cover for a steelbook though.
I don't see it being the blu-ray cover either. I also think that a lot of the hate for the poster came from how it was revealed and the fact that it was an image from a scene in the trailer we had already seen.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #961
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
I don't see it being the blu-ray cover either. I also think that a lot of the hate for the poster came from how it was revealed and the fact that it was an image from a scene in the trailer we had already seen.
Oh god I forgot about that horrible percentage meter that reset. Those times were rough.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #962
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

We NEED the Superman equivalent of this poster.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #963
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

But that's a fan made poster.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #964
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I want to see what happens when Zod and Supes collide in this shot.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #965
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
But that's a fan made poster.
No, it's just a promo poster.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #966
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Looks more professional than the last Superman poster. For the longest time I thought the last Superman poster was a joke. Like someone had taken the bootleg copy of the trailer and cleaned up a still from it. Now I just think it was a poorly done promotional piece by a untalented person, approved by an idiot somewhere high up at WB. I hope WB starts doing better than that blurry mess. People's first reaction to that poster was seriously... ??? and not !!!

edit: I was referring to the Batman poster.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #967
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Bingo.

How would we feel if it's the Blu-Ray/DVD cover?
I think the teaser poster from CC would make a better Blu Ray cover. In fact, its the temporary artwork for the Blu Ray on Amazon, and looks pretty good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Steel-Bl...4060533&sr=8-2

Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #968
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Well, if the Batman one were a movie poster instead of a promo for toys and whatnot, I'd probably have had unrealistic expectations

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 03-23-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: minor word explanation
Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #969
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I'd love to see a poster like this in live-action:

Last edited by gomez147; 03-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #970
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Better remove that and host the image on another site unless you want an infraction.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #971
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Was it the so-called manip? I'd like that, but I'd like an action oriented poster more.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #972
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Better remove that and host the image on another site unless you want an infraction.
Sorry, done.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #973
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'd prefer the poster to have Superman on it rather than being a blue advert for a movie news site.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #974
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Sorry, done.
Just looking out for ya!

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #975
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ That Superman vs Zod image would be fine. It's hyped me up more than the posters released so far have.

Closed Thread