The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #126
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Only midnight showing I've ever been to was for The Dark Knight. I'd like to go to the midnight showing for MOS though.
I love late night showings for big films. You should go more often,

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #127
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yeah..it's fun..I live near memphis tenn and even here folks were dressed up like the joker and batman for Tdk.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #128
Kevin Smith
Banned User

This lack of news....this...drought...is killing me....us....look at these conversations....lol

Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #129
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Good point Hopeful! If we aren't allowed midnight shows here then I'm getting tickets for the first showing the next day!,and probably an evening show as well. I wonder when the cinemas will know if we have midnight shows or not?,or could we get this info from WB?

It still doesn't change my plans for being in London,but I was really looking forward to my first midnight show
Well you have been able to pre book a midnight showing of Iron Man 3 for a good few weeks now at the BFI Imax and so that's at least a month in advance i'd imagine we'll be able to do the same from MOS. I think the news about no midnight showings for TDKR broke about a month before release as well.

I've only been to one other midnight showing, which was Watchmen when I was at uni in Cardiff. I really enjoyed the experience

That combined with my first ever IMAX film should amp things up even more

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #130
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Whatever show-time I go to, at least I will have my custom made MoS T-Shirt...

It might be interesting for those (the UK contingent!) that are intending to go to the London BFI IMAX for MoS, to see if we can get a number of us going to the same showing. We could say "hello", have a quick drink in the bar, before and/or after. I dunno. Just rambling here...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".

Last edited by RetrogradeOrbit; 03-17-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #131
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
Whatever show-time I go to, at least I will have my custom made MoS T-Shirt...
Awesome. I'm planning on wearing a normal 's' t-shirt with a half buttoned white shirt and black tie over the top, some fake glasses and of course my Superman Allstars

We will definitely have to post pics of what we're going in nearer the time

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #132
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The convos are fun.

I'm sure they are going to release the posters in the next two weeks.

Listen, I loudly *****ed about the lack of anything forever (And my thoughts are still the same) but I'm done now, I'm tired of *****ing. I'm just going to talk about other stuff while I wait. I'm totally chill about it all now, well as chill as someone like me can be...

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #133
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The convos are fun.

Listen, I loudly *****ed about the lack of anything forever (And my thoughts are still the same) but I'm done now, I'm tired of *****ing. I'm just going to talk about other stuff while I wait. I'm totally chill about it all now, well as chill as someone like me can be...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #134
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

And I have to buy a new Superman Tee before the film comes out. I own one but I sleep in it. I also own a JL one, two Spider-Man shirts, one Hulk shirt, one sort of Marvel characters shirt and I'm forgetting something else. Yep, I'm a goddamn nerd. *Snaps suspenders*

EDIT: Have a Batman shirt as well of course.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #135
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Awesome. I'm planning on wearing a normal 's' t-shirt with a half buttoned white shirt and black tie over the top, some fake glasses and of course my Superman Allstars

We will definitely have to post pics of what we're going in nearer the time
Hadn't thought about fake glasses... I might nick that idea if you don't mind!

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 03-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #136
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Ahahahaha!! Ya know, I liked that movie as a kid. Always hated Forever though.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 03-17-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #137
Marvin
Side-Kick

I for one can't wait to see how a kid saves a drowning school bus in a lake without the ability to fly. I'm dying to see how snyder shoots this.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #138
Marvin
Side-Kick

Also, a few cool images I'm hoping Zack has plastered on his production wall.

That's all.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #139
gomez147
You're not just anyone

We need news

Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #140
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
The convos are fun.

I'm in no rush now either...This will all be over before we know it and it will then be kinda sad ( until the sequel is announced, then wash, rinse, repeat )

Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #141
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So who's going to at least try and attempt to play the Coca-Cola quiz game that happens before the movie starts.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #142
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
We need news

No you don't.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #143
roach
I am the night

No we don't

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #144
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Imagine a live action version of this. Except its superman vs Zod. This was posted a while ago in this thread but the safe sequence (looks just like a bit of the trailer or comicon footage). Kind of a cool watch since we haven't had news in a couple days.

http://youtu.be/6BJ1-trrgqc

Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #145
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
No we don't
Gesundheit

Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #146
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
We need news
Our punishment must be more severe.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #147
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

And I have to buy a new Superman Tee before the film comes out. I own one but I sleep in it. I also own a JL one, two Spider-Man shirts, one Hulk shirt, one sort of Marvel characters shirt and I'm forgetting something else. Yep, I'm a goddamn nerd. *Snaps suspenders*

EDIT: Have a Batman shirt as well of course.
Haha, yeah I have one I sleep in too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
Hadn't thought about fake glasses... I might nick that idea if you don't mind!
Of course not! I hope my cinema is filled with people wearing fake glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'm in no rush now either...This will all be over before we know it and it will then be kinda sad ( until the sequel is announced, then wash, rinse, repeat )
Too true

*\S/T*
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #148
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_Cam View Post
Imagine a live action version of this. Except its superman vs Zod. This was posted a while ago in this thread but the safe sequence (looks just like a bit of the trailer or comicon footage). Kind of a cool watch since we haven't had news in a couple days.

http://youtu.be/6BJ1-trrgqc
I would love to see something like this in live action.
Interesting about the bank vault scene in this clip..looks familiar lol.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #149
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #150
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Woah, where'd that come from?

Closed Thread