The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #226
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

it seems like a lot of people don't understand that this is a teaser trailer, not a theatrical trailer for a movie 6 months away and are comparing it to a theatrical trailer no. 3 for Man of Steel lol. Gotta say tho in my opinion Thor is winning, Superman just isn't appealing to me for some reason.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #227
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormyT View Post
But if this was an attempt to blow away that new Man of Steel trailer? Not a chance.
They didn't need to blow way the MOS trailer. And Marvel knows it. This trailer was actually perfectly executed, and I'll explain why.

MOS is fighting against the disappointment of Superman Returns. Right now, they're convincing the public that it is worth their time to see this new Superman. So they're dazzling us with epic scenes and amazing visuals. They're forcing the desired tone onto us.

But for Thor? He's already been in two movies. The audience is already there. Now, they're pandering to the audience. And they've done it masterfully. It's no secret that women find Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston irresistible. So this trailer is playing up the romance more than any other superhero movie trailer has done. And it includes a sultry looking Loki at the end.

Great trailer.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #228
THOR
Side-Kick

A very nice teaser trailer with a longer more detailed one sure to follow with Man of Steel most likely in June...

THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #229
WormyT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
They didn't need to blow way the MOS trailer. And Marvel knows it. This trailer was actually perfectly executed, and I'll explain why.

MOS is fighting against the disappointment of Superman Returns. Right now, they're convincing the public that it is worth their time to see this new Superman. So they're dazzling us with epic scenes and amazing visuals. They're forcing the desired tone onto us.

But for Thor? He's already been in two movies. The audience is already there. Now, they're pandering to the audience. And they've done it masterfully. It's no secret that women find Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston irresistible. So this trailer is playing up the romance more than any other superhero movie trailer has done. And it includes a sultry looking Loki at the end.

Great trailer.
I'm really hoping people forget Superman Returns. They clearly put a lot of energy into trailer 3.

And your right about the female demographic.
My GF is obsessed with Thor. I think she'll be more excited by this teaser than the MOS one, and that.....breaks...my heart.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #230
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

I got so much joy out of this teaser, SO MUCH JOY!

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #231
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Here come the trolls...
echostation has gone beyond trolling..I actually find his posts very entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Not really feeling it. First one was underwhelming and did nothing for me. Surprised that they packed this much talent into this franchise as it is, but I don't think it will make a huge difference. The trailer was just all over the place. First I thought I was watching Inception, then an alien invasion movie, then LotR, then Hannibal Lector. Maybe the material just doesn't resonate with me. I thought Portman phoned in the material in the first one and it was talent gone to waste. Can't expect she will have that much more to work with here. Hiddleton, Hemsworth, and Hopkins need to redeem this in a big way and I love Game of Thrones so maybe Taylor gets it right.
"teaser trailer"....it was a teaser...damn right it's only going to show action scenes and small things that are all over the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
it seems like a lot of people don't understand that this is a teaser trailer, not a theatrical trailer for a movie 6 months away and are comparing it to a theatrical trailer no. 3 for Man of Steel lol. Gotta say tho in my opinion Thor is winning, Superman just isn't appealing to me for some reason.
this so much...it's a teaser, and it does a good job. It's making people anxious for this movie. It's a teaser. Remember when teasers used to be 30 second trailers? with 10 seconds of it being the title? Jesus lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post

Great trailer.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #232
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I really like the look of the film from the teaser. I don't know why people feel the need to compare it with other superhero films. What would be the point of releasing anything more than a teaser when the film comes out in november. It would just get lost in the shuffle of summer movies.

The costumes are a huge improvement IMO, less polished looking from the first film, which I find suits the character better.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #233
Megalith
Banned User

Okay, so I watched it again after getting some sleep and it looks pretty cool. But what is going on with the floating truck in the beginning, and what is that giant black spaceship?

Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #234
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm thinking the Space ship causes the lack of gravity. The Space ship I'm sure belongs to the Darkelves

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #235
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Trailer was awesome, looks darker than the first film

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #236
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I really like the look of the film from the teaser. I don't know why people feel the need to compare it with other superhero films. What would be the point of releasing anything more than a teaser when the film comes out in november. It would just get lost in the shuffle of summer movies.

The costumes are a huge improvement IMO, less polished looking from the first film, which I find suits the character better.
I appreciate that they've been able to tweak the suit in each movie, but still keep the overall look and feel.

The same can be said for Asgard on the whole. The look is pretty much the same from the first film, but more "real world", a little less Flash Gordon 1980's, if you know what I mean.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #237
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I appreciate that they've been able to tweak the suit in each movie, but still keep the overall look and feel.

The same can be said for Asgard on the whole. The look is pretty much the same from the first film, but more "real world", a little less Flash Gordon 1980's, if you know what I mean.
I think this is the best costume yet. IMO the avengers one took 2 steps back from the first film. I think here, just adding the chainmail to the legs helps unite the design from the top half of the suit. In the previous films it almost looked as if they didn't know what to do with the legs.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #238
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_e View Post
There's a comic somewhere that has screenshots of Loki, Hannibal, Javier Bardem's Silva (from Skyfall), Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek ID) and another character I don't know with the caption "Yes of course it's a good idea to put the homicidal maniac in a glass prison. I'm sure he won't get out."

You would think they'd learn.

I hope Loki makes a comment about it

Loki- This didn't work the last time(sticking him in a glass prison). What makes you think it will work now?

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #239
Bim
Side-Kick

This was a great teaser. It sure got me excited for this film even more!

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #240
Nightman

I definitely want to see this movie. From the looks of the trailer, it seems legit.

Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #241
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I think this is the best costume yet. IMO the avengers one took 2 steps back from the first film. I think here, just adding the chainmail to the legs helps unite the design from the top half of the suit. In the previous films it almost looked as if they didn't know what to do with the legs.
I understood the Avengers suit for what it was. They tried going from the black and grey scale and incorporate more blues from his original comic costume to set against the other characters. I definitely like this new suit the best, but I think they all have been good.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #242
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
I hope Loki makes a comment about it

Loki- This didn't work the last time(sticking him in a glass prison). What makes you think it will work now?
Pretty much every time with the glass prisons the escape hasn't really had anything to do with the glass but rather that people open the door. And this time Loki does seem to be stuck until Thor eventually lets him out on purpose.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #243
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Besides, it seems like Thor is alot wiser because of the events of The Avengers and the first film.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #244
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormyT View Post
I agree,

Some good points... but you know how it is. Marvels got Ironman3 coming out in a couple of weeks. But thats not stopping the great Man of Steel buzz so they're adding another marketing player to counter. Hey, I work with marketing everyday. Its not ridiculous to assume marvel/Disney wants to remind everyone that phase2 is here in a big way. Throw in a glimpse of Loki to remind folks of Avengers. These aren't just made for grumpy fan boys.

This isn't in any way a reaction to MoS's new trailer. It's been the plan for many months to have a TDW trailer with IM3.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #245
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

I'm really supirsed so many people here don't seem happy with the trailer..I personaly thought it was pretty sweet to finally get some footage of TDW, We saw the villian, we saw some action..yeah we don't know much plot details but im sure they want all lights on IM3, and finally seeing loki at the end was icing on the cake, someone posted here him bring up despreation comment as a knob to the avengers thats kind of cool..hopefully during the summer we get to see the next trailer..MCU is starting to be really exciting seems like theres news coming out every single day now liking it..

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #246
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTruck90 View Post
I'm really supirsed so many people here don't seem happy with the trailer..I personaly thought it was pretty sweet to finally get some footage of TDW, We saw the villian, we saw some action..yeah we don't know much plot details but im sure they want all lights on IM3, and finally seeing loki at the end was icing on the cake, someone posted here him bring up despreation comment as a knob to the avengers thats kind of cool..hopefully during the summer we get to see the next trailer..MCU is starting to be really exciting seems like theres news coming out every single day now liking it..
Actually about 95% of the people in these threads loved the trailer, it's only a few that didn't like it and weren't impressed.

The voices of negativity are often the loudest.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #247
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedFB View Post
This looks awesome. I loved the first movie and the second one looks even better! With all of these quality MARVEL movies, X-Men DOFP is looking really weak. Have you guys seen the hideous look for Storm?
Yeah that footage we got of the next X-Men film looks terrible....

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #248
Farren
Side Kicker

I am liking this trailer. It's got me more curious about the plot.

I wish it had less Jane though. If it were up to me, the entire story of Thor 2 would be set on Asgard/Other Realms and have no mortals.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #249
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I like the fact that T:TDW has it's share of mortals, like someone said Thor doesn't seem as "godlike" when surrounded by other Gods.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #250
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I'm a huge fan of the first, but this teaser was a great example of how much larger it's going to feel. The original was very kept. I understand there with limitations with the budget and taking a chance considering the material .... but now that that is over and done with, they can really bring this franchise to it's true glory.

I can't say enough how excited I am. Alan Taylor really looks to have added the element that was missing. Thank God Patty Jenkins stepped down. There are going to be so many money shots in this film, I mean I can already see a couple of them in this trailer.

Thor looks to be a real warrior in this and it's about time we got the ante upped with his skillsets.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote