The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #251
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I'm a huge fan of the first, but this teaser was a great example of how much larger it's going to feel. The original was very kept. I understand there with limitations with the budget and taking a chance considering the material .... but now that that is over and done with, they can really bring this franchise to it's true glory.

I can't say enough how excited I am. Alan Taylor really looks to have added the element that was missing. Thank God Patty Jenkins stepped down. There are going to be so many money shots in this film, I mean I can already see a couple of them in this trailer.

Thor looks to be a real warrior in this and it's about time we got the ante upped with his skillsets.
Yeah just from the teaser this film already looks MUCH bigger than the first, I see potential money shots as well.

That HUGE dark elf ship tearing though London is bigger than anything in Thor or The Avengers as well. The spaceship flying through the forest was epic and the scope of the battle with the Marauders seems to be pretty expansive too.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 04-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #252
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think its amazing (assuming I'm hearing correctly) that he says "...when you betray me, I will kill you"

not if, WHEN. awesome.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #253
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Yep it shows Thor's growth and maturing from the brother he was in THOR and TA.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #254
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Teaser trailer looked pretty cool. That vehicle looked awesome, whatever it was.

Also, love the idea of Thor being driven out of desperation going to Loki for help. DRAMA!

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #255
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Teaser trailer looked pretty cool. That vehicle looked awesome, whatever it was.

Also, love the idea of Thor being driven out of desperation going to Loki for help. DRAMA!
You mean that huge Dark Elf ship?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #256
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yes.

The scale for this movie looks a lot bigger. Thor was a good movie, but it felt so small scale and enclosed at times. This one looks a lot more epic.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #257
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah just from the teaser this film already looks MUCH bigger than the first, I see potential money shots as well.

That HUGE dark elf ship tearing though London is bigger than anything in Thor or The Avengers as well. The spaceship flying through the forest was epic and the scope of the battle with the Marauders seems to be pretty expansive too.
I have said in another thread that I have had some reservations about whether Alan Taylor has a good eye for action sequences, and after this teaser trailer my doubts have been silented. Thor needs a good director who can film huge, epic shots, and this movie seems to be delivering, in spades. I hope a full trailer will give us more amazing moments that we would want to see in the theatre.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #258
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Definitely my most anticipated superhero movie of the year!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #259
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:
^ Yep it shows Thor's growth and maturing from the brother he was in THOR and TA.
I agree. I appreciate that they've shown that Thor still cares for his brother, despite Loki's (literal) backstabbing. It gives his character a lot of depth. But at the same time, now they need to show that he is able to set aside his feelings/regret/etc and do what he has to. Duty isn't easy or uncomplicated, but it gives the character a lot more strength and maturity.

I'm excited that the film looks like its going to be visually stunning and still very interesting plot/character wise. I feel likes its difficult to strike that balance in these types of movies.

nefarious_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #260
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I'm surprised more people aren't raving about the cinematography. The Iceland-shot scenes look especially phenomenal.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #261
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Movie of the year!

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #262
Drizzle
Bangarang, Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think its amazing (assuming I'm hearing correctly) that he says "...when you betray me, I will kill you"

not if, WHEN. awesome.
Quote:
Thor already seemed to have accepted that Loki was a lost cause when he was stabbed by him during their fight on Stark Tower. Now he's not ****ing around anymore.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #263
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I love the line:

You should know when you betray me, I will kill you.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #264
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Awesome trailer.

I think this film just jumped up to my #1 most anticipated film this year.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #265
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I'm surprised more people aren't raving about the cinematography. The Iceland-shot scenes look especially phenomenal.
I think this is a part of what people mean when they praise the look and scope of the film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #266
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post

not if, WHEN. awesome.
Hell yeah. Just a totally different tone than some of the puppy dog and ice cream stuff we've seen thrown around Phase 1. I'm glad Feige was cool with it because it desperately needed the seriousness upgraded a notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Oh trust me .... I am.

I'm obsessed with palettes, saturation, and wide open landscapes. Got plenty of it from what I can see in the teaser.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #267
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hell yeah. Just a totally different tone than some of the puppy dog and ice cream stuff we've seen thrown around Phase 1. I'm glad Feige was cool with it because it desperately needed the seriousness upgraded a notch.

Oh trust me .... I am.

I'm obsessed with palettes, saturation, and wide open landscapes. Got plenty of it from what I can see in the teaser.
The scenes in London look very much like you'd expect on a rainy day: dark, miserable and cold.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #268
Juicy J
Side-Kick

There's a darker, grittier aspect to this that is palpable in the trailer. (I feel dumb using those two words - probably the most overrused terms by superhero fans, but whatever).
As much as I loved the first movie, it was very limited in scope and scale. Which is understandable given how odd the character is - it was a risky venture and going to far out on a limb could have yielded questionable results. That being said, they still made a dang good Thor solo movie but they left some room for improvement.
Now that Marvel has established themselves as the top dog in superhero movies, it looks like they're sparing no expense and making the best possible Thor movie they can.
And damn it looks good.
And Loki's part in this was just brilliant. Saving him for the very last scene was perfect, and as Rock Sexton said, you can tell they're upping the stakes here and getting more serious.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #269
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
I'm cool with Marvel's decisions in Phase I, but I agree that they have to up the ante in Phase II and make their films a bit darker and have more dramas for the heroes to face with. So far, it seems like they're hitting the bullseye with both IM3 and Thor 2. I hope so, anyway.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #270
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:

Oh trust me .... I am.

little too much blue if you ask me...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #271
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I'm cool with Marvel's decisions in Phase I, but I agree that they have to up the ante in Phase II and make their films a bit darker and have more dramas for the heroes to face with. So far, it seems like they're hitting the bullseye with both IM3 and Thor 2. I hope so, anyway.
I don't have a problem with the tone of Phase 1 .... but from a creative standpoint, they can't keep doing that. It would get stale really fast. It all came together fine when we got to the Avengers (with a few awkward moments along the way).

I thought IM3 (from the trailers) gave glimpses of new tone ..... but this is like BAM, ish just got real! It has to if they're trying to push the fate of the universe.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #272
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I love the look of the film. I liked the first one and all but Branaghs Asgard was a little too..clean for me. Everything was all shined up and pretty, even during the battles. This looks darker, more dirt and grime and blood. Landscapes, forests, mountsins etc. I'm loving it.

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #273
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I love the line:

You should know when you betray me, I will kill you.
Absolutely! Hemsworth is really becoming a great actor. I love how he says that line with such conviction.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #274
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I love the look of the film. I liked the first one and all but Branaghs Asgard was a little too..clean for me. Everything was all shined up and pretty, even during the battles. This looks darker, more dirt and grime and blood. Landscapes, forests, mountsins etc. I'm loving it.
I understand that thought, and agree somewhat (in that I prefer this grittier look), however, I think the shiny polished look, worked for that film, because they were trying to portray Asgard as almost like heaven.

For this film however, I'm glad they went in a different direction, yet kept the integrity of the look.

Even more than the grittiness, I appreciate how much bigger Asgard looks. My one complaint of the first movie, is I felt everything felt jammed together.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #275
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

To be honest the design of Asgard isn't that much different in this film, it's just expanded and a little grittier.

Spider-Man - Hear what?