Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Music from the trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #277
Juicy J
Side-Kick

I'm just hoping the Kirby-esque elements of Asgard in the first movie won't be lost amid the shuffle.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #278
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Absolutely! Hemsworth is really becoming a great actor. I love how he says that line with such conviction.
See... cuz Loki lacks conviction.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #279
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I understand that thought, and agree somewhat (in that I prefer this grittier look), however, I think the shiny polished look, worked for that film, because they were trying to portray Asgard as almost like heaven.

For this film however, I'm glad they went in a different direction, yet kept the integrity of the look.

Even more than the grittiness, I appreciate how much bigger Asgard looks. My one complaint of the first movie, is I felt everything felt jammed together.
Right .... I don't think Asgard being threatened would come off as well if it was all polished and heavenly looking.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #280
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
But for Thor? He's already been in two movies. The audience is already there. Now, they're pandering to the audience. And they've done it masterfully. It's no secret that women find Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston irresistible. So this trailer is playing up the romance more than any other superhero movie trailer has done. And it includes a sultry looking Loki at the end.

Great trailer.
Yeah, definitely.

For me personally, I'm just soaking it in at this point. Never really expected to see Thor done on this scale. Not that long ago, this would have seemed really unlikely.

Awesome.

Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #281
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I saw a lot of Game of Thrones in the trailer. Which is, of course, a good thing.

Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #282
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I saw a lot of Game of Thrones in the trailer. Which is, of course, a good thing.
same here dude!

love the GoT feel to the new Thor movie. and the action looks like it will improve a lot from the last film.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #283
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I'm a huge GOT fan as well (House Stark FTW!) and I'm also very appreciative the fact that Alan Taylor managed to bring over the dark and atmospheric mood of GOT to Thor 2. I was initially hoping that Branagh would return, but now I'm glad that he turned down the offer to direct again so Taylor could bring his own expertise to The Dark World.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #284
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

What I like about GoT is how colorful and fantasy-like it appears while having its story, a movie/show doesn't need to look dark to be dark.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #285
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Perhaps I'm a little spoiled by MOS' trailers but I was somewhat underwhelmed by this teaser. It appeared so 'ordinary'.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #286
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hopefully the 2nd trailer will be much better. I was looking forward to this movie than the other phase 2 movies.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #287
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Perhaps I'm a little spoiled by MOS' trailers but I was somewhat underwhelmed by this teaser. It appeared so 'ordinary'.
You're comparing Thor 2's teaser with MOS's trailer. As I remember it, MOS's first teaser was rather underwhelming. This by comparison is much better.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #288
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Compared to Man of Steel's first trailer, this looks way more exciting.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #289
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Yes, I think this teaser is fantastic and exactly what I was hoping for. Most teasers leave me wanting more. TDW's teaser left me quenched.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #290
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
You're comparing Thor 2's teaser with MOS's trailer. As I remember it, MOS's first teaser was rather underwhelming. This by comparison is much better.
Not everyone is going to agree. I found the music and dialogue (from All-Star Superman) to be very impactful. I'm not easily impressed by footage.

For instance, I found TDKR's teaser to be underwhelming while I adored TDK's.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #291
MLSkinner
Side-Kick

Quote:
This was better than any MOS trailer. All of them were basically the same trailer. Imo, Thor as a franchise has tons more potential than Superman. Richer characters and the ability to have the film take place in any of the nine realms and more.

MLSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #292
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSkinner View Post
This was better than any MOS trailer. All of them were basically the same trailer. Imo, Thor as a franchise has tons more potential than Superman. Richer characters and the ability to have the film take place in any of the nine realms and more.
Conjecture, especially since MOS last trailer received a massive amount of attention.

Interested in Thor TDW, not which franchise has more 'potential' talk however.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #293
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
You're looking in the wrong place for a fair and unbiased opinion, I'm afraid.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #294
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

People like Thor TDW's teaser more than MOS's in the Thor thread? I can't believe it.

Parker Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #295
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

Quote:
Oh, god, you had to start it, didn't you.

Parker Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #296
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
People like Thor TDW's teaser more than MOS's in the Thor thread? I can't believe it.
For me, since I'm a big GoT fan, I expected to see a more ample scale in the teaser. Granted, it's a teaser and I did jizz over Thor arriving in the battlefield like a boss but it lacked... something.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #297
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Oh, god, you had to start it, didn't you.

It's last year all over again.

I was destroyed for citing that Prometheus beat out The Avengers and TDKR in the trailer department.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #298
MLSkinner
Side-Kick

The list goes on and on for great trailers but not so great movies. Prometheus is a great example. Even though I liked it more than most. Back to TDW teaser, I believe they only have been in post production since early March. They wrapped filming early-mid February. I'm willing to bet 80% of the effects aren't done. This was a great teaser but the first full trailer should be epic. Hopefully we see it July or August.

MLSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #299
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSkinner View Post
The list goes on and on for great trailers but not so great movies. Prometheus is a great example. Even though I liked it more than most. Back to TDW teaser, I believe they only have been in post production since early March. They wrapped filming early-mid February. I'm willing to bet 80% of the effects aren't done. This was a great teaser but the first full trailer should be epic. Hopefully we see it July or August.
Prometheus was in the top five for me last year. The characters lacked development and they weren't well-received but I was able to look past it because of the visuals and the sense of wonder and mystery. I, myself, am excited for Paradise in 2015.

As for TDW, I think it's got potential but I didn't enjoy some of the scenes Marvel Studios and Disney decided to include in this teaser. The Thor-Jane reunion, for example, took me out of the moment.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #300
Bren
Forevernoob

I preferred the MOS teasers over this because it was different and unexpected. People must get over themselves when someone else's opinion differs.

There was NOTHING in terms of time or style that was surprising or unexpected in the Thor tt. And that's fine because it's not a brand new film like MOS. But like I've said elsewhere; with the amount of good teaser and full trailers coming out lately, for me I enjoyed that the MOS teasers were 'different' to regular superhero stuff.

Just because I found another trailer more interesting doesn't immediately turn me into a hater.

Last edited by Bren; 04-24-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote