The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #326
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Since other people brought up the comparison, I will give the MoS trailer for it's visuals, but then again I'd expect two months from release that it would have a finished look, Thor has 6 months to go.

What I brought up on the MoS board as being underwhelming and this trailer kills it, is that the MoS trailer looks great, but basically it's Superman 1 and 2 rehashed, and the dialog kind of sucks. "What if a child decided to be something else other than what society intended." Seriously Goyer? It reminds me of what Harrison Ford famously said to George Lucas "You can type this **** but you can't say it."

The dialogue here is raw and real. They took what worked from the first film and Avengers and pumped it up. The exchange between Loki and Thor is quite simply the money line from this film. The lines are said with absolute conviction and perfect delivery.

Now before people get their panties in a bunch, I'm sure MoS will be great, at least as a visual. Henry Cavil seems to have the Superman part down, but I'll be curious to see his Clark Kent more than anything.

I do think that Thor TDW, looks more epic. It's a bigger story, the consequences are larger, and there's a multitude of things working together. You have the battle with Malekith to deal with, you have the love triangle of Sif-Jane and Thor, you have Thor being forced to side with Loki for the greater good.

Now one is an origin story, the other is a sequel, so they both have very different things at work here. Some people have legit issues with the Thor teaser, and others are just trolling, I don't know who is who, but since the comparison was brought up, I'm going to be honest about what I felt. I'm excited to see MoS, but I'm even more excited to see Thor TDW.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #327
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
OMG, That bit of him teleporting in and grabbing his hammer... I can't wait to see the full scene. I have a feeling he's going to have some bad ass entrances
That was a the freaking money shot. I love how Sif reacts to his entrance. She's kicking butt, and it's like "it's about ****ing time you showed up!"

Old 04-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #328
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
What I brought up on the MoS board as being underwhelming and this trailer kills it, is that the MoS trailer looks great, but basically it's Superman 1 and 2 rehashed, and the dialog kind of sucks. "What if a child decided to be something else other than what society intended." Seriously Goyer? It reminds me of what Harrison Ford famously said to George Lucas "You can type this **** but you can't say it."
I can't help but feel you're missing the point a wee bit. That isn't just thrown in there at random, it's a major thematic element of the movie.

But this isn't the MoS board so I'll zip it.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #329
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

A very good teaser. All signs so far are pointing to another good movie.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #330
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I can't help but feel you're missing the point a wee bit. That isn't just thrown in there at random, it's a major thematic element of the movie.

But this isn't the MoS board so I'll zip it.
No I understood the point. My point is that someone thought that line sounded intelligent and sophisticated, and it just comes off sounding dumb, IMO. I also felt like we have another Zod who went to the William Shatner school of overacting.

Visually, I think the film looks great, I think most of the dialogue from any of the trailers left a lot to be desired.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #331
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

To each his own.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #332
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
No I understood the point. My point is that someone thought that line sounded intelligent and sophisticated, and it just comes off sounding dumb, IMO. I also felt like we have another Zod who went to the William Shatner school of overacting.

Visually, I think the film looks great, I think most of the dialogue from any of the trailers left a lot to be desired.
While I don't really want to compare the movies the acting is something I enjoy so thoroughly in the Thor movies. It's not just enough to have good actors, you need something special to pull off that kind of environment and characters and make it feel real. And they do.

With MOS I don't feel I can say that much though since it's the first movie and trailers show very limited things (at times even things that don't make it into the movie), but what reminded me of that I appreciate the above paragrahp is the scene where Zod screams. That doesn't work on any level for me.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #333
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
The dialogue here is raw and real. They took what worked from the first film and Avengers and pumped it up. The exchange between Loki and Thor is quite simply the money line from this film. The lines are said with absolute conviction and perfect delivery.
That scene at the end is an epic tease, no doubt. It's partly that these characters have already been through a lot, so the lines have weight. But the delivery is amazing.

Marvel Studios is in unprecendented territory at this point, with the cinematic universe they've created.

Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #334
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemm View Post
That scene at the end is an epic tease, no doubt. It's partly that these characters have already been through a lot, so the lines have weight. But the delivery is amazing.

Marvel Studios is in unprecendented territory at this point, with the cinematic universe they've created.
I couldn't agree more.

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #335
Mars452
Side-Kick

... why are we comparing these trailers? They're not even close to competing.

eta: the films, that is.

Last edited by Mars452; 04-24-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Mars452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #336
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

A lot of my thoughts have been posted already, but, I want to add/reinforce: I love the shot of (Malekith?)'s ship tearing through London. It will be a terrific sight to seen on the large screen, instead of that on my Studio Laptop.
So pumped for the film.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #337
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars452 View Post
... why are we comparing these trailers? They're not even close to competing.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #338
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #339
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Hehe I noticed one of the Movieverse Thor's trademarks is, "NOOOOOOOO" at some point in each movie so far. Not a single NAY or Neigh.
That's because if he screamed, "NAAAAAAAY", he'd sound like Beta Ray Bill.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #340
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #341
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #342
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #343
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
lmao! Touche. You are incredible.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #344
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #345
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #346
DoomsdayApex
Æzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
You do realize the dialogue from the trailers was directly pulled from the pages of All-Star Superman and Birthright, right? Goyer didn't create it out of thin air.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #347
BrollySupersj
Burning RED!

Trailer was excellent. Really gets me in a Thor mood.

Last edited by BrollySupersj; 04-25-2013 at 03:01 AM.
BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #348
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Finally got around to watching the trailer!

And I completely agree with some of the comments above. While it is hard to compare the two trailers, I like TDW trailer MUCH better than MOS. I'm going to be point blank honest here, the MOS trailer bored me. TDW was exciting and overall awesome. I'm trying to keep my hopes up for MOS, but the trailer just underwhelmed it.

Anyway, TDW looks epic. This is a close 2nd most anticipated Phase 3 movie (for me), 2nd only to GotG. Can't wait to see Malekith!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #349
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
OMG, That bit of him teleporting in and grabbing his hammer... I can't wait to see the full scene. I have a feeling he's going to have some bad ass entrances
Seriously, people want to talk about power displays but Thor freaking TELEPORTS seemingly of his own accord.

This is a guy who is already strong enough to tangle with the Hulk, controls the weather, and can fly.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #350
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

I do hope Chris Hemsworth can star in his own movie this go around, and judging from the teaser, Loki stole in 5 seconds. I think his relationship with Jane Foster in these films is a little too cheesy, and comic booky feeling. I think if they show more realism, the fans can buy it more...I mean its hard to believe that someone would turn on a women whom they've been around for roughly at least 3000 years, for a women they were around for 3 days. In the comics, Donald Blake was a doctor, and that's how his relationship with Jane formed, as a human, living a human life and not finding out who he truly was until he was an adult. To me that makes much more since as for why he would care for Jane so much, and earth in general, because he has lived a mortal life. Overall good trailer, I read that he wants Thor to use more powers, and I agree, he isn't just a guy swinging a hammer, so hopefully we get to see Thor vamp ish up real good. Put a hurting to those elves!!!

More this, and less Nooooooo I hope

ThorOdinSon is offline   Reply With Quote