The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #351
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Like I said before, when Loki betrays him in this film Thor's gonna have to give him a Hulk-sized beatdown to show fans who's boss.

I bet that would put things in the proper perspective just Hulk's famous thrashing of Loki in The Avengers.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #352
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

I would like to see him beating Loki to near death, going into warriors madness mode, and only jane being able to calm him down, and talk him out of killing his own brother.

ThorOdinSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #353
Bren
Forevernoob

I want Loki to at least once be in awe of Thor because Thor is awesome.
I don't want Loki to ever be in awe of Thor because Loki is an arrogant self-obsessed SOB.

I think most will understand.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #354
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Like I said before, when Loki betrays him in this film Thor's gonna have to give him a Hulk-sized beatdown to show fans who's boss.
. . . except maybe Loki is actually not going to betray Thor . . . this time.

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #355
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Seriously, people want to talk about power displays but Thor freaking TELEPORTS seemingly of his own accord.
Speaking of that moment in the trailer, how is the hammer there before he ports in? That's a little odd, right?

Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #356
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Loki has to betray Thor. He is the god of mischief after all. It's Loki's fate to betray Thor, and Thor's fate to stop him. Thor always wants to believe their is hope for Loki, but their will never hope for Loki.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #357
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Betrayal is inevitable with Loki; he's the god of mischief.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #358
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:

Unfortunately for tumblr, I think Loki betraying Thor is kind of a given. What remains to be seen is the what, where, when, why and how.

nefarious_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #359
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
He wouldn't be Loki without some sort of scheme to screw over everyone but himself. I'm going with a Thor and Malekith double cross (triple cross?) where he seems to help both but really helps himself only in the end.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #360
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
He wouldn't be Loki without some sort of scheme to screw over everyone but himself. I'm going with a Thor and Malekith double cross (triple cross?) where he seems to help both but really helps himself only in the end.
Sounds very Loki to me!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #361
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't doubt that Loki will have his own agenda, but at the same time, perhaps betraying Thor may not serve his agenda . . . this time.

It will be interesting to see if Thor offers Loki his freedom in exchange for helping him. Will Thor expect Loki to help him, then go quietly back to his glass hamster cage? (At the start of this film, Loki will only have served about a year's worth of time in prison, correct? Which is nothing compared to the magnitude of his crimes against Asgard, Jotunheim, and Earth.) So perhaps his agenda is to gain his freedom from prison and go on his merrily evil way . . .

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #362
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Meh, the Man of Steel trailers have yet to impress me that much, especially with all the shots that look to be right out of Superman Returns.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #363
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Will Thor expect Loki to help him, then go quietly back to his glass hamster cage?
SPOILER ALERT...

Loki betrays Thor, and Thor kills him

Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #364
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemm View Post
SPOILER ALERT...

Loki betrays Thor, and Thor kills him
Gee, ruin the film for me why don't you?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #365
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
That scene at the end is an epic tease, no doubt. It's partly that these characters have already been through a lot, so the lines have weight. But the delivery is amazing.

Marvel Studios is in unprecendented territory at this point, with the cinematic universe they've created.
This comment was almost perfection.

I believe with you wholeheartedly on all accounts. Especially that scene. It carries a ton of weight.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #366
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I want Loki to at least once be in awe of Thor because Thor is awesome.
I don't want Loki to ever be in awe of Thor because Loki is an arrogant self-obsessed SOB.

I think most will understand.
Well which one do you want?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #367
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
Loki has to betray Thor. He is the god of mischief after all. It's Loki's fate to betray Thor, and Thor's fate to stop him. Thor always wants to believe their is hope for Loki, but their will never hope for Loki.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't doubt that Loki will have his own agenda, but at the same time, perhaps betraying Thor may not serve his agenda . . . this time.

It will be interesting to see if Thor offers Loki his freedom in exchange for helping him. Will Thor expect Loki to help him, then go quietly back to his glass hamster cage? (At the start of this film, Loki will only have served about a year's worth of time in prison, correct? Which is nothing compared to the magnitude of his crimes against Asgard, Jotunheim, and Earth.) So perhaps his agenda is to gain his freedom from prison and go on his merrily evil way . . .
For the sake of story telling, and what's going on in this trailer, more than likely, Loki will betray Thor. Loki's redemption will happen when Surtur attacks. So by default, he can't be redeemed in this movie. This movie is based on a classic story in the simonson run, that leads into the surtur saga, where Loki redeems himself.

This movie is based on that, which means it's probably planting the seeds for a Surtur/Twilight arc. With that being said, there is NO WAY they are going to waste Loki's small chance at redemption in this movie, UNLESS Surtur attacks.
What I am saying, is it has to be Surtur. It's set up too perfectly.

as for Loki, he definitely has his own agenda, whether or not betraying thor is a part of it, it's probably irrelevant to him. He's the god of mischief, given recent interviews, Loki is still a villain, he WILL be up to something.

It sounds like NOW we are getting the comic book Loki on screen. He just had a bit of a different past in the MCU, making him deeper and more relatable, but what the trailer seems to forshadow, the arc it's based off of, and recent comments, it's starting to sound like we will be getting the comic version of Loki that I have been waiting to see: Knowing he's up to something the whole movie, but since he helps the heroes at some point, we won't know what hes up to, till his moment comes. That's what I can't wait for.

LadyGeek, Loki HAS to be like this now. Not too sure how open you are too this, but if you don't read comics, it may not be TOTALLY what you are used to, but I guarantee you will be satisfied.

The changes Loki seemed to have had made in the MCU, is exactly why he's such a great villain. Pretty pumped that the mischievous scheming Loki is going to be showing up

Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #368
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

I'm sure it's gunna be more complex than that. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up trying to help malekith in the end, something that can put him back on the throne of asgard.

We've seen how there seems to be a portal right? Maybe Malekith is trying to free Surtur or something, Loki thinks if he helps Malekith free Surtur, the 9 realms will burn, most will perish, and he will be there to pick up asgard from the ashes.

I think Surtur is going to be very behind the shadows up until release date. I won't be surprised if he has a fairly sizeable role in this movie to be honest

Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #369
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm hoping for the reveal that everything works out not only because of Loki's treachery, but because Thor foresaw it and recruited him anyway, counting on the fact that he would inevitably do so.

Loki: A Xanatos Gambit? From you?!? Impossible! That's my shtick!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #370
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I think Surtur is going to be very behind the shadows up until release date. I won't be surprised if he has a fairly sizeable role in this movie to be honest
Still a lot of unanswered questions about this movie, no doubt. I'm still not sure what we're seeing in some of those trailer images.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #371
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I'm hoping for the reveal that everything works out not only because of Loki's treachery, but because Thor foresaw it and recruited him anyway, counting on the fact that he would inevitably do so.

Loki: A Xanatos Gambit? From you?!? Impossible! That's my shtick!
Ala Superman and Lex in Superman 2?
It would serve Loki right for his "are you ever NOT going to fall for that" quip in Avengers. C'mon Thor, show him you no just big dum thunder god.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #372
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little underwhelmed by this trailer. A good part of the reason for that is probably that it's immediately following the Man of Steel trailer, which was the best trailer I've ever seen in my life (admittedly, Superman is my favourite superhero).

The way Snyder gave you the bare minimum in those early trailers really built up my anticipation and made me wonder about the movie. By comparison, the first Thor: The Dark World trailer couldn't help but seem a little ... ordinary.

I mean, it looked pretty good overall. I loved the first movie. Triple-H (Hemsworth, Hiddleston and Hopkins) all look to be continuing their excellent work, as does Natalie Portman, who looks smoking hot as before. And I'm intrigued by the hinted reversal, where it will now be Jane who is the fish out of water. The battle scenes also look pretty epic.

Again, it might just be that the last MOS trailer was so good that this movie pales in comparison, but my initial reaction was that this looked like a pretty typical trailer. Rather than giving you the tiniest scraps, as the first MOS trailers did, this movie's trailer seemed to just give me a grab bag of cool moments.

As cool as it looked, it couldn't help but remind me of the marketing for Iron Man 2, which for all intents and purposes was just another Iron Man movie, where the whole story and the best action sequences were basically revealed in the marketing.

Hopefully I'm wrong and this pic blows me away in November. Thor is my second favourite MCU hero after Captain America.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #373
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
lmao! Touche. You are incredible.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #374
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #375
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
That scene at the end is an epic tease, no doubt. It's partly that these characters have already been through a lot, so the lines have weight. But the delivery is amazing.

Marvel Studios is in unprecendented territory at this point, with the cinematic universe they've created.
True on all accounts.
Marvel studios is truly the top dog right now. They really can't be stopped.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote