The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 07-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #551
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mann View Post
Trailer will be released before "The Wolverine" ...
This may be true, but I'm not going to believe you just because you said it.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #552
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
This may be true, but I'm not going to believe you just because you said it.
Seems like every one of his posts on SHH has been about trailers and their release dates, with the dates he's giving as stuff almost anyone could foresee as being likely release dates, especially with SDCC coming up. Gonna wait his information out before saying he's a bogus poster.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #553
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Seems like every one of his posts on SHH has been about trailers and their release dates, with the dates he's giving as stuff almost anyone could foresee as being likely release dates, especially with SDCC coming up. Gonna wait his information out before saying he's a bogus poster.
We just waited his information out through his first prediction. He's a bogus poster.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #554
warriorking
Side-Kick

On a brighter note I will at least be able to see current teaser trailer on the big screen, since they neglected to show it in my area when it was first released...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #555
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
We just waited his information out through his first prediction. He's a bogus poster.
I don't know...there's still a few more days to go this week.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #556
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

I dont think its gonna come out during Wolverine because its a Fox movie and too early according to Marvel's plan. We should be getting a new trailer by end of August or early September... is there any disney movies coming out in this time span?

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #557
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
I dont think its gonna come out during Wolverine because its a Fox movie and too early according to Marvel's plan. We should be getting a new trailer by end of August or early September... is there any disney movies coming out in this time span?
It doesn't really matter who the producing company is when it comes to the trailers shown before movies. The TDKR trailer was shown before The Avengers last year. Production companies tend to stick their trailers in front of films they think will get the most crossover appeal from that audience. The best one for Thor: TDW would be Wolverine but I could easily see them go for Smurfs 2 or Kick-Ass. There just aren't many big-name films left this summer for them to skip now.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #558
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Planes comes out in August. If we don't get something then, maybe Agents of SHIELD premiere?

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #559
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
It doesn't really matter who the producing company is when it comes to the trailers shown before movies. The TDKR trailer was shown before The Avengers last year. Production companies tend to stick their trailers in front of films they think will get the most crossover appeal from that audience. The best one for Thor: TDW would be Wolverine but I could easily see them go for Smurfs 2 or Kick-Ass. There just aren't many big-name films left this summer for them to skip now.
good point, but it is still too early for it to be attached to Wolverine, which is 3.5 months away from release. There was that tumblr info of someone who already watched the new trailer and speculated that the trailer could be released earlier, like in late July or early August, so it could be a possibility. But I don't want to get my hopes up. maybe SDCC can clear some things for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Planes comes out in August. If we don't get something then, maybe Agents of SHIELD premiere?
Agents of SHIELD does sound like a good time to premiere the trailer.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #560
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
good point, but it is still too early for it to be attached to Wolverine, which is 3.5 months away from release. There was that tumblr info of someone who already watched the new trailer and speculated that the trailer could be released earlier, like in late July or early August, so it could be a possibility. But I don't want to get my hopes up. maybe SDCC can clear some things for us.

Agents of SHIELD does sound like a good time to premiere the trailer.
My thoughts as well, seems strange they would sit on the new trailer until late August. Hopefully It will arrive soon...

Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #561
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
not true, in the gotg board..he also said that Thanos is in the movie...ponder that one HAHAH

Old 07-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #562
Bert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
not true, in the gotg board..he also said that Thanos is in the movie...ponder that one HAHAH
Thanos in Thor or GOTG ? I think ibe heard plenty of speculation about both, though Thor seems like more of a stretch.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #563
Marvolo
Side-Kick

They played the old trailer with Lone Ranger. Seemed like a wasted opportunity for a new trailer.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #564
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
They played the old trailer with Lone Ranger. Seemed like a wasted opportunity for a new trailer.
So how was the Lone Ranger????

Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #565
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
So how was the Lone Ranger????
The finale was great. An absolute blast. Score was really good. The rest was ok and it could have lost about 20 minutes.

H.E.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #566
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Yeah, they need to have the new trailer with Wolverine because Planes isn't going to attract the adults and September is too late. By September, we can start expecting the trailer for Winter Soldier...which makes more sense to show during a SHIELD episode since it's revolving around Cap working for SHIELD.

I also enjoyed The Lone Ranger, probably true about the twenty minutes although I wanted more usage from their female cast. Why have Ruth Wilson and not use her more? It's like they never watched Luther.

Even though I'd seen it before, it's always enjoyable to see a Thor trailer on the big screen.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #567
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
No point in screening a trailer with a certified box office bomb.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #568
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mann View Post
Trailer new Thor 2 released next week.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #569
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Trailers do play with other company's movies. Iron Man had Man of Steel trailers.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #570
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And Man of Steel had The Wolverine trailers.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #571
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
Yeah, they need to have the new trailer with Wolverine because Planes isn't going to attract the adults and September is too late. By September, we can start expecting the trailer for Winter Soldier...which makes more sense to show during a SHIELD episode since it's revolving around Cap working for SHIELD.
I am quite sure a trailer for Cap WS wont premiere until Thor TDW release, similar to how IM3 had the first Thor TDW trailer. Since there are no big movies coming out in Late Aug/Early Sept, i am guessing it might come out earlier.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #572
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yeah I'm quite sure it's gonna come out roughly around the time of The Wolverine, basicalky the mid to late June time frame.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #573
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
MIGHT be a bad Translator SM ever think of that? We DO have people from all over the world here. As if you hadn't noticed Marvel SKE is from Japan but started posting in the Avengers threads.
By the way SKE, have you seen any pics on Tadanobu Asano yet? I haven't seen anything yet.

Welcome Aboard Alex!!
I realized i also might had some grammar error in the several post i posted ,
but really appreciate for your concern for this matter, thanks, Vartha

I don't think so, Asano on his Twitter account so far as i can tell only keep sharing about 47 Ronin, but none of Thor so far...maybe considering he's not the main role player in Thor...

(but, i do believe when the first official Thor: The Dark World poster arrive, in our country it will use an exclusively special poster that will feature Asano, just like the first Thor movie that changed the original Heimdal in the background and replaced it with Hogun)

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #574
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Speaking of trailer...

when the first time the trailer comes out, the Twitter buzz around my Twitter's Japan community was all about Loki and his hair...www
There's a lot of Loki fans (or i have to say, Tom Hiddleston fans) also here in Japan...check out on Twitter's account: @TomsFansJapan, and @Loki_bot and you will see the craziness there...but many of whom have no idea about Thor's mythology whatsoever, they seems didn't know or care about Malekith and his dark elves, what catches them is only Loki i think, even many of them wants Thor & Loki together to become Kings of Asgard...(I hope this is not happening..)

Loki also has a nickname here called ロキたん (Loki-tan)
FYI, the term "~tan" in here is used when addressing cute and kawaii persons, animals, and things, and commonly also the term used mostly by teenage girl who likes cute things...
I don't know who started that term but here, Loki-tan is quite popular when mentioning Loki...and when mentioning Thor, the term "兄上" (big brother) is used..

I'm sorry to post this to all... just want to share some unique circumstances surrounding Thor: The Dark World's hype that happened in my own neighbourhood...

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #575
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_SKE View Post
Speaking of trailer...

when the first time the trailer comes out, the Twitter buzz around my Twitter's Japan community was all about Loki and his hair...www
There's a lot of Loki fans (or i have to say, Tom Hiddleston fans) also here in Japan...check out on Twitter's account: @TomsFansJapan, and @Loki_bot and you will see the craziness there...but many of whom have no idea about Thor's mythology whatsoever, they seems didn't know or care about Malekith and his dark elves, what catches them is only Loki i think, even many of them wants Thor & Loki together to become Kings of Asgard...(I hope this is not happening..)

Loki also has a nickname here called ロキたん (Loki-tan)
FYI, the term "~tan" in here is used when addressing cute and kawaii persons, animals, and things, and commonly also the term used mostly by teenage girl who likes cute things...
I don't know who started that term but here, Loki-tan is quite popular when mentioning Loki...and when mentioning Thor, the term "兄上" (big brother) is used..

I'm sorry to post this to all... just want to share some unique circumstances surrounding Thor: The Dark World's hype that happened in my own neighbourhood...
Awesome, thanks for sharing, Marvel_SKE. My fiancee is pretty into Japanese culture and anime and I can totally imagine this being the case with the amount with which I have become familiar. Do you know if Tom Hiddleston has ever visited Japan?

As for the trailer, I'm disappointed that it didn't come out this week, what with all the source-less, baseless promises that were made. But I'm not seeing any movies this weekend anyway, so I guess I can wait a few more.