The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Default Defense Contractor Allegedly Compromised Nuclear Secrets to Chinese National

I heard about not bringing your work home with you, but I figured nuclear secrets are probably the last thing you want to use as pillow talk.

http://news.yahoo.com/defense-contra...mised-nuclear-
secrets-chinese-national-101046840--abc-news-topstories.html

A defense contractor and former U.S. Army officer has been charged with communicating national defense secrets to a 27-year-old Chinese national with whom he had a romantic relationship.

Court records state that Bishop maintained "an intimate, romantic relationship with Person 1 since June 2011," and worked to hide that relationship from the U.S. government. Bishop was required to report foreign contacts as part of maintaining his security clearance.

A search of Bishop's Hawaiian home uncovered additional secret documents including one titled, "Fiscal Year 2014-2018 Defense Planning Guidance." The document is described as the "definitive planning document for force development." Bishop was not authorized to possess these documents in his home.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Defense Contractor Allegedly Compromised Nuclear Secrets to Chinese National

He's an idiot who ended up thinking with the wrong head. Don't know how this guy got to be a LtCol in the US Army and maintain his security clearance for so long without screwing up so badly before this.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Default Re: Defense Contractor Allegedly Compromised Nuclear Secrets to Chinese National

My question is how many people are going to get fired up and down the chain on this one.

How was he able to get those documents out to his house in the first place!? He didn't have clearance to handle the documents they found at his home

Also, do you think this has anything to do with the NK situation? Do you think China is going under cover in the US to collect nuclear data for NK?

Now THAT would be some insanely scare stuff......

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post
My question is how many people are going to get fired up and down the chain on this one.

How was he able to get those documents out to his house in the first place!? He didn't have clearance to handle the documents they found at his home

Also, do you think this has anything to do with the NK situation? Do you think China is going under cover in the US to collect nuclear data for NK?

Now THAT would be some insanely scare stuff......
China has been well-known for its computer hacking, but there have been many people who've been under suspicion or arrested for trying to steal secrets for both Chinese businesses and government organizations. I highly doubt they'd do it for NK since China is sort of the one leading the charge on new UN sanctions on NK and they're tired of NK's sabre rattling, which threatens to destabilize the region and China's economy.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote