The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
The Avatar
Side-Kick
 
The Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Under Blood Red Skies
Posts: 2,453
Default Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

what happened to this project? is it still happening? will it coincide with the avengers? any news at all?

The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
AH! I can't find it! Edit: got it.
This has convinced me more that we're going to get Lang's story with Pym's name. I think it will be a mix of the two characters. I think we'll get Jan at some stage- whether that is in the sequel or not I'm unsure of.
It can be seen on vimeo.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Avatar View Post
what happened to this project? is it still happening? will it coincide with the avengers? any news at all?
It is suppose to begin Marvel's phase 3 movies in 2015, and will most likely tie into Avengers 3.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #5
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Anyone notice the suit looks A LOT like Scott Lang's?

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=23158

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #6
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Anyone notice the suit looks A LOT like Scott Lang's?

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=23158
Yeah, but the belt and helmet look more classic Ant-Man.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

^ Yep, true, which I'm very happy about, more so the helmet. Again, can't believe we got something so close to the comics, I thought we'd just get a mask with ant antenas on it and that would be it. What we got looks freaking crazy, I really hope the final design looks close to what we see in the footage.

Also, this makes it pretty clear the budget for this won't have to be much more than $100m flat, wouldn't be surprised if it were less. The most expensive parts of the movie will probably be when he goes giant size and I doubt we see that more than twice. Not that I'm complaining, Wright can work wonders with a $100m budget and Ant-Man shouldn't require you to break the bank anyway. If this just grosses $350m then I think it would be considered a great success.

EDIT: Actually I'd say the helmet looks like a combination of the classic and Scott's. It's a full helmet like Scott's and the ant communicator looks more like a gas mask like Scott's as well, but the overall layout of the mask looks like the classic, with there looking to be dented parts to represent eye holes.


Last edited by Mr. Dent; 03-20-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #8
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 750
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

That test footage was pretty awesome in my book. Can't wait to see what a real budget will do!

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #9
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,317
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

The test footage was awesome exactly how I pictured his powers working on screen. Some thing almost like Nightcrawler with the size changing looking like he appears from nowhere.

Edgar also nailed the fighting style very kinetic and Matrix stylish which works with a character that rapidly changes perspective

Only negative I have to say is the suit looks a little too shiny but perhaps thats because of how the scene was lit.

__________________
advanced idea mechanics

Last edited by chamber-music; 03-20-2013 at 06:48 AM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
mackblack01
Side-Kick
 
mackblack01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,827
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Really cool. I don't know why, but there's something about this footage that reminds me The Matrix. The Agents? The music? The elevator? I don't know.

__________________
Bleh!

Last edited by mackblack01; 03-20-2013 at 07:38 AM.
mackblack01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
webhead9707
Dr. Perky
 
webhead9707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bates Motel
Posts: 3,276
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackblack01 View Post
Really cool. I don't know why, but there's something about this footage that reminds me The Matrix. The Agents? The music? The elevator? I don't know.
I think it was the agents. When I first watched the preview I thought it was MIB at first.

I loved it though, really cool.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Does anyone think there might be even a remote possibility this footage could be included with the Marvel Cinematic Universe Box Set coming out on April 2nd. Because that would be a really nice treat if it was, and to me it doesn't seem unimaginable since these box sets can often include extras. I have mine on Blue Ray preordered with Amazon.

So, here is hoping.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
Ant-manic
Side-Kick
 
Ant-manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,269
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackblack01 View Post
Really cool. I don't know why, but there's something about this footage that reminds me The Matrix. The Agents? The music? The elevator? I don't know.
there was music? i had my speakers on and couldn't hear anything. *crap*

Ant-manic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #14
Ant-manic
Side-Kick
 
Ant-manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,269
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Yeah, but the belt and helmet look more classic Ant-Man.

Surfer
Scott wore the classic Ant-Man costume until he joined Heroes for Hire (in the 90s).

Ant-manic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,829
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
there was music? i had my speakers on and couldn't hear anything. *crap*
Seemed alot like the Avengers music.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,097
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Looks like a Big Bad Beetleborg.

Mulholland-Jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded
 
BatsDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 695
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Might just be the belt, but when closely examining the suit in some scenes in an attempt to draw out what the suit looked like, I noticed it looks like the suit had what looked like a gun attached to the back of the belt... Maybe this?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


The footage looked great. Can't wait for the official release!

__________________
2014:
Ι The Lego Movie - 9.5/10 Ι Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9.5/10 Ι
BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
Ant-manic
Side-Kick
 
Ant-manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,269
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Might just be the belt, but when closely examining the suit in some scenes in an attempt to draw out what the suit looked like, I noticed it looks like the suit had what looked like a gun attached to the back of the belt... Maybe this?


The footage looked great. Can't wait for the official release!
makes sense to go in armed (depending on why he'd be going up that elevator).

Ant-manic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,317
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

I thought it was worth while posting a list of Edgar' comments about Ant-Man over the years.

Edgar Wright
Quote:
"'The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang. So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."
Quote:
"Most shrinking films are about in somebody in jeopardy and this is something where the shrinker has the power. Rather than it being something that's a terrible thing to happen, it's actually making your character into the most bad ass sort of action hero/spy possible. "
Quote:
"what Marvel really liked, is that it's funny, but it's a genre film. It's about the level of comedy that IRON MAN has. The idea is to make a high-concept genre film where it's within another genre. His suit and its power is the big gadget and it takes place in the real world"
Quote:
"I know there’s a big stigma attached to it, mostly because every movie about shrinking has been about people in peril. I think it’d be great to do a shrinking film about a bad-ass secret agent... Even something like The Incredible Shrinking Man, which is a fantastic film, is about a guy in trouble. But this is going to be nothing like that. It’s essentially a high-tech spy heist film with somebody with a very particular power."

__________________
advanced idea mechanics
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?
 
Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 6,047
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

I hope the whole Pym in the 60's part has been reworked. I want Pym to be contemporary with Stark and the other Avengers... What is it about the 60's lately anyway?

__________________
"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
-- Peter David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #21
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 16,793
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music
I thought it was worth while posting a list of Edgar' comments about Ant-Man over the years.

Edgar Wright

(1983)
Quote:
"'The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang. So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."
(1993)
Quote:
"Most shrinking films are about in somebody in jeopardy and this is something where the shrinker has the power. Rather than it being something that's a terrible thing to happen, it's actually making your character into the most bad ass sort of action hero/spy possible."
(2003)
Quote:
"what Marvel really liked, is that it's funny, but it's a genre film. It's about the level of comedy that IRON MAN has. The idea is to make a high-concept genre film where it's within another genre. His suit and its power is the big gadget and it takes place in the real world"
(2013)
Quote:
I know thereís a big stigma attached to it, mostly because every movie about shrinking has been about people in peril. I think itíd be great to do a shrinking film about a bad-ass secret agent... Even something like The Incredible Shrinking Man, which is a fantastic film, is about a guy in trouble. But this is going to be nothing like that. Itís essentially a high-tech spy heist film with somebody with a very particular power."



Fixed.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?
 
Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 6,047
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

So he's been working on this since he was 9? Damn

__________________
"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
-- Peter David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #23
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 16,793
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

Well that's why, when he made the original statement, the 60s wasn't that far away. But now it is, so he can't stick to that 30 years later.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #24
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22,317
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1


__________________
advanced idea mechanics
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #25
Ant-manic
Side-Kick
 
Ant-manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,269
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

they probably just sat around discussing Minute Man.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/specials1.jpg

Ant-manic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.