The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #26
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Bought/Thought! 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I'm not really interested in Black Fury or the Coulson transplant to care.

I probably should have dropped Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts a long time ago. I was digging what Parker was doing a few years ago but ever since the time hopping/alternate universe stuff started being implemented, this book has become more of a chore to read than fun. I'm not even sure that I want to see how it all concludes. I like Jeff Parker and all but he is one guy that Marvel should have reigned in a loooooooong time ago.
What doomed the book was the split story period where the new Dark team showed up and the old T-bolts were still there. It was too big of a cast and Parker couldnt really handle making the new Dark Avengers interesting. In fact, I seriously considered dropping the book at that time, but the promise of US Agent returning kept me on. I think once this current Arc got cooking, we got alot more characterization from the new Dark team, and I've enjoyed the book.

I also think Parker made a huge mistake with the roster of the last T-bolts team. While they grew on me, they were not a fan draw for sales.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
THANOSRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

The only thing about Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers that interests me is Skaar, and my skims showed that he was never very central, so I didn't bother.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #28
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

hopefully Skaar can find a way into Young Avengers or something

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
THANOSRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Oh, that would rock. Though with Skaar, Prodigy, Ms. America, and Loki, it really wouldn't feel much like the Young Avengers.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #30
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I bought a butt load of comics today but it's too late to review them, so I'll just do the one not-new comic.

Nova #2 - I've been going back and forth on this title and caved today. I passed the second issue a week or two ago but saw it again today and thought I'd give it another shot. I'll admit that it was definately better than last issue but I'm still SO turned off by the glarring continuity error of Rocket and Gamora being GotG for 17 years. While the 17 years isn't mentioned, there's another reference to them meeting with Sam's dad long ago and that just really gets under my skin.

I don't know what to think about this comic. I sorta like it but sorta don't. If I wasn't so maxed out on budget I wouldn't mind continuing it, but needing to cut titles I'm not really expecting to be on this for the long term.

That said, I just read that Zeb Wells will be taking over for 5 issues.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #31
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Uncanny Avengers was pretty god damn good this week. I'm very happy that Remender has turned this around finally. Seriously, f**k Cassaday.

So, Archangel knocked up Pestilence when he was the villain of the Dark Angel Saga? And now they have Apocalypse Twins....? FREAKING sweet! There's so many questions down the line for that alone. What would happen if Angel found out? Psylocke? Genesis? There's so many potential plots in that alone that interests me.

Plus a teased attraction between Steve and Wanda (it's actually a throwback to their possible hook up during Disassembled). Remender uses past Marvel stories to the FULLEST, that's my favorite thing about him as a writer.

Also, Havok takes charge - AWESOME.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
Slick
Monster King

^Agreed. Let the good times roll. Lol

Also did anybody read East of West #1 I thought it was an Amazing start so far.

Last edited by Slick; 03-27-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #33
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

March 27, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #5: Definitely the most interesting book of the week. There was a lot to love. Coipel's art was astonishing. Rogue is the best she's ever looked, even with that costume, and I can put up with Captain America if they keep giving us beefcake like that. The plot thickens with the Apocalypse twins and Kang, which I find brilliant. But this issue almost seems controversial. Havok's speech about the "M" word was all kinds of wonky. He finds it offensive and divisive, instead of taking pride and celebrating who he is. He is the polar opposite of Cyclops. What I love about X-characters is that they come with their own ideology. I may not agree with Havok at all, but I appreciate the variety of viewpoints when it comes to minority issues. Interesting issue with beautiful art 10/10.

Young Avengers #3: This title is becoming one of my favourites in the Now line, and it only gets better now that Miss America Chavez has joined up with Wiccan, Hulkling, and Loki. And she has two moms! The only thing I didn't like about this issue is that I don't know anything about her backstory. But so much of Kid Loki is lols worthy, and I especially loved the Game of Thrones reference. The best part was Hulkling's comment about hot guys and Skrulls ha! The art does a lot to give each character their own style and really makes them expressive. The art is "on" at all times and is never sloppy. I like reading a book and knowing what the character is feeling at all times based on their facial expressions. I am so enjoying this ride. 9/10

FF #5: It wasn't as charming as previous issues, but the plot develops a little more. The art is solid. You know, I never have much to say about this series, or Fantastic Four. They both just chug along being competently good, but not great or buzz worthy. 7/10

Guardians of the Galaxy #1: For a first issue it didn't draw me in. I could care less about Iron Man, or Starlord's bro-off with his father. I'd like to see more of the team outside of action sequences. I'll probably keep buying this until the tie-in with ANXM, so it still has some time to hook me, but for this week it's only 5/10

Last edited by Mad Ones; 03-28-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #34
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I'll start my reviews and see if I can get them all in before heading out to work:

March 28, 2013

Batman Incorporated 9 - While we've had aftermaths of Damian's deaths all month, this is the issue that immediately follows the events of his dying. We see Bruce and Dick individually take out their grief on the Heretic before Tim blasts him with a tank (which was cool to see). This is all done through flashback mixed in with modern scenes depicting Bruce and Gotham's reaction. He is upset at Alfred for letting Damian leave the mansion and sends Alfred on a vacation. Gotham shuts down Batman Incorporated at the threat of Leviathan pointing out flaws in the program and Batman is no longer welcome in Gotham (which I found a bit strange myself) and really, it was just an overall good comic.

I liked how this issue felt, sealing with Damian's death while moving the story forward. This is the best this title has been since the final arc of Batman & Robin and I'm so glad that I ultimately didn't drop the book like how I planned. I'd be missing out on a fantastic story with great art (which really had to grow on me to be honest).

Aquaman 18 - Possibly one of the most consistently good titles that I read each month, which is still strange for me to say because I've never cared one iota about the character. Johns is doing to Aquaman what he did to Green Lantern and I'm loving every minute of it. I've always been a fan of Paul Pelletier's art and it's as beautiful as ever in this book. He took over art duties during the Throne of Atlantis and I'm glad that he's staying on.

This issue is still realing from the events in the Throne of Atlantis while slowly introducing a new threat, which is apparently a former king of the seven seas. I like how there is a lot of building agression between Arthur and members of Atlantis who are still loyal to Arthur's brother. That's either going to build to a conflict or to Arthur earning their loyalty, either way will be interesting to see. Aquaman's not the Super-Friends joke he used to be. This is officially one of my favorite books every month and I'm always looking forward to the next issue.

Justice League Dark 18 - This title certainly has its ups and downs. While it was slow to start, I really enjoyed Milligan's first arc, but then the second one sucked. I loved Lemure's first arc, but this one was a big disappointment. I'm glad to see it come to a close so we can start something new. It just never really felt organic, despite that I thought some of the newer characters had a good showing. I think the thing that threw me off was that this is Justice League DARK, and yet it was such a bright and chipper arc. It was just wierd.

In the end all but Tim Hunter and his dad leave the anti-magic world (the two of them opting to stay, as it was where they originated from) and I'm left wondering what will happen to the team now. Having read interviews, I recall Lemure mentioning a shake up in the roster, and her mention over in Justice League makes me think Zatanna's leaving the team, and maybe Orchid. I'm fairly certain Constantine, Deadman, and Frankenstein will be staying. I'm not sure what to think about Madame Xanadu.

Overall I'm still liking the title, I think this was just a bit of a let down arc. Eagerly anticipating the next one.

Well, it looks like I'm out of time. Heh, I didn't even come close to getting all my reviews all in. Those were all of my DC titles this week so it's a decent cutting off point. They were all pretty good, so good showing for DC. I'll review my remaining 5 Marvel titles when I get home from work.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #35
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Uncanny Avengers was good. Its hard to keep up which classic avenger the other avengers all hate. Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man seem to be this weeks choice. Cool tp see Sunfire again.

GotG was ok. The Star Lord daddy issues stuff doesn't really hook me but I'll stick around for the characters for a while atleast. Not really sure why Iron Man is in this book besides the fact his popular right now. I hope it isn't another case of them pulling a Wolverine or Spidey thing in which they just drop a popular character in a team title but they don't really serve much purpose.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK wraping up a rather dull arc. Hopefully the next arc is more intresting.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #36
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Uncanny Avengers No. 5 - Now this is what I was looking for! Slowly, beginning with issue no. 3, Uncanny Avengers has gone from being Marvel's third best Avengers title to arguably its best. Remender's writing is excellent and he shows a great respect for the works of past writers. I'm glad he remembered Simon and Wanda's past relationship and the hinting that there might be something going on between Steve and Wanda. It was nice to see the Grim Reaper and Avengers mansion back again (even though Bendis briefly used it in New Avengers). This was a fantastic semi-self-contained story that felt like a throw back to the Avengers tales of years ago. The art was absolutely phenomenal, just as everyone expected. The only downside, according to others, was Havok's speech to the press - deemed offense by X-fans on another site. I personally had no porblem with it and firmly believe that such criticisms are unwarranted. Anyway, I'd honestly score this issue a perfect score of 5/5.

Last edited by StreetWarrior; 03-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.
StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #37
StreetWarrior

Thunderbolts #7 - Unfortunately, not every Marvel NOW title can be as amazing as the relaunched Avengers titles. Once again, Way delivers a simple story that is barely coherent that reads as if crucial scenes/action are missing. As the title enters its second arc, the writing problems continue and almost negate any enjoyability to be found in this book. The one thing that has improved on the title, however, is the art. While the first six issues of this book had potentially the worst artist of the Marvel NOW relaunches it now has one of the best. Phil Noto's art is the ONLY positive thing I have to say about this book. It is simply stunning, especially compared to Dillon's work on the first arc! I hate to be this shallow but, when Noto moves on, I probably will too.

Anyway, fantastic art, mediocre (at best) writing, and questionable pannel layouts make this book one that is passable but sure to win no awards any time soon. I'd give it a 1.5/5 for story and a 4.5/5 for art, for an overall score of 3/5.

Age of Ultron #3 - As with Thunderbolts, I was let down with this week's issue of AoU. However, the difference is that I expected more from this title. I found the first two issues of this event to be surprisingly enjoyable but problems start to show in this third installment. The art remains great but the writing has clearly declined in quality. Besides feeling like a filler issue, there are several glaring continuity/characterization problems. For one, Hawkeye was unbelievably out of character in his harsh rant against Pym - it's like the two weren't teammates and friends for YEARS. Additionally, there was NO animosity between the two in Secret Avengers. Secondly, portraying Luke Cage as stronger than She-Hulk is beyond ridiculous. Finally, having Black Panther, the chracter known for his agility, die from a broken neck in a fall, is insulting. That said, Bendis' writing is still better than its been in recent years. The story is passable, if not a little uneventful. In the end, AoU is still a good book but, much like Thunderbolts, deserves no critical accalades. Art = 4/5, Writing = 2/5, overall score = 3/5.

Last edited by StreetWarrior; 03-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #38
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Pym and Clint are pretty tight but I figured Clint was just stressed out and tired. He didn't really mean it.

I'm kind of over the whole little brother complex Havok has with Cyclops. I think it would be better if he just does things because he wants to and not because he feels he has to one up or put one over his brother all the time.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #39
JTStarkiller
Now scan, alien!

Batman Inc. was just sublime. The only thing I hated was the switch in art. I always hate that, unless it's something pivotal to the story, like going in and out of dreams/flashbacks, etc. where the art is justifiably different. Anyhoo, this issue was terrific. I could really feel Bruce's pain, especially in that final page.

Uncanny Avengers was also great. Coipel is the main. I differ in that I actually really enjoyed that first arc, but I'll agree that this already feels like a step up.

Also read my brother's copy of Gambit #10 after missing a few. Felt pretty easy jumping right back into it. Solid issue, nothing spectacular, although I did really dig that final page.

Got lots more comics to read this week.

"I'm an avid reader of message boards because I like to know how people with poor grammar really feel." - Mike Birbiglia
JTStarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #40
StreetWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStarkiller View Post

Uncanny Avengers was also great. Coipel is the main. I differ in that I actually really enjoyed that first arc, but I'll agree that this already feels like a step up.
You're not alone. I've enjoyed all of Uncanny Avengers. I just think this issue was clearly the best of the five.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #41
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Batman Inc. was just sublime. The only thing I hated was the switch in art. I always hate that, unless it's something pivotal to the story, like going in and out of dreams/flashbacks, etc. where the art is justifiably different. Anyhoo, this issue was terrific. I could really feel Bruce's pain, especially in that final page.
Was there a switch in art? I somehow overlooked that, and I ALWAY notice when there's a switch in art because I hate it, too.

I guess that's a testament to Morrison's writing that I was so sucked into the story that I didn't even notice.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #42
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Okay, let's finish up these reviews for March 27, 2013

Uncanny Avengers 5 - Artistically, this was such an improvement over the previous four issues. Cassiday's a good artist, but he wasn't a good fit for this book and his lack of speed killed the book for so many of us. That said, Coipel is only on for one issue and I think the next artist, whose name I'm totally blanking out on suddenly, will be the perfect fit for the title.

As for the story... it was decent but didn't really wow me like it seems to be wowing everyone else. A large part of that might be because, while people love Wonder Man and Wasp, they do nothing for me. At no point in the entire issue did they make me say, "That was cool." By extension, I cared nothing about the Grim Reaper. Being that they were the core of the story, it didn't really stick with me. I also didn't care for how Remender writes Rogue and Havoc. Rogue seems to have regressed to her 90s moodiness, which she had long ago overcome. I can forgive it, though, because Xavier's death was given as a reason. I just hope it doesn't stick. Havoc is, once again, being played as "Cyclops' brother" instead of his own character. It's subtle, but it's still there. He's always been at his worst while written with that mentality, yet writers keep taking him there. Fortunately, I trust Remender to improve.

The parts I did like were the more X-centric plots. I like that Remender has introduced Sunfire by talking about his time as a horsement of Apocalypse. Remender didn't talk about Sunfire's time as a villain after that but I suppose that has to do with his being Pestilence at the time, even without Apocalypse, and that didn't really matter. Still, the fact that Wolverine was able to FINALLY get Shiro to join a team after YEARS of being alone was pretty cool. I also liked seeing Remender's horsemen return, particullary Holocaust's 616 counterpart, Genocide. They were fantastic villains in Uncanny X-Force and I'm glad to see them back. And while he had a minor appearance, it was cool seeing Kang again. I liked him in Young Avengers.

It was a good issue, but I'm really looking forward to next issue. Thor vs. Apocalypse!

Young Avengers 3 - I'm really enjoying this cast, especially now that they're starting to gel, but I still really miss the missing original members: Patriot, Speed, Stature, Jonah, and Iron Lad. That's a lot of missing members of the team, and I really hope that Speed rejoins after issue 6. I don't mind the new additions, but I feel like we need at least one or two more of the oldbies to make this still feel like the Young Avengers.

Knowing that Loki is apparently the old Loki in a boy's body, I'm assuming he's trying to get Wiccan's power (based on this issue). I'm hoping that he eventually turns into a foil and leaves the team, leaving only Miss America and Marvel Boy as the only two new additions. Then replace Loki with Speed. Oh, and bring in Prodigy! I know that goes against what I just said, but I love Prodigy

As for the story itself, it's decent. It's not as good as the original stuff in their first series but it's still interesting. McKelvie's art is phenominal and Gillen's doing a fine job. While it's not one of my favorite books, it's definately a keeper.

Age of Ultron 3 - I enjoyed this issue, but not quite as much as the previous two. Last issue we saw Moon Knight and Black Widow is still alive apart from the main group, this issue we see Red Hulk, Black Panther, and Taskmaster... though Black Panther doesn't make it through the issue. We also see a part of Cap's plan, which is to infiltrate Ultron's domain to learn more about what's going on, using what Spidey went through as a structure. Luke deck's She-Hulk, shattering windows in the process, and brings her to Ultron as an offering. Funny thing is... Ultron apparently isn't running things. Vision is! Wow, that was a great twist. I wasn't expecting that at all, so now I'm curious where the plot goes. One thing is for certain, I'm ready for this plot to move forward. The story's been good, but it's a bit slow moving.

All the death and destruction promises of time somehow being rewritten to fix things, or perhaps an alternate reality fix. Marvel says this story is taking place in the main 616 and is important to the future of the Marvel Universe, but knowing Marvel, I'm not holding them to this. I got burnt by Fraction on Defenders... I'm not holding my breath that this will remain in continuity in any way.

Uncanny X-Force 3 - This issue was an improvement over the past two, though my main criticisms are still here. I don't like the blacked-out cursing and I don't care for the Fantomex romance. The plot with Bishop is definately picking up, and there are signs of his being redeemable, which is the main draw for me. He's obviously possessed by something and I'm hoping that it's revealed that he was being driven by something like this all along, since Messiah Complex.

Ah, correction. I'm also really enjoying the art. Garney and the art team is doing an absolutely gorgeous job on this book. I wish they were on a title that I could enjoy more.

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 - So I kept going back and forth on getting this and decided to give it a shot. I honestly wasn't sure that Bendis would do well with this book but it was decent. We learn why Star Lord's more Earth focused now, and it makes sense, so I'm cool with that. I'm not sold on Tony being on the team but I found I didn't hate it. Bendis did a great job nailing everyone's voices (which surprised me actually... I wasn't expecting that).

McNiven's art is gorgeous as always, though we're about as likely as seeing him on the title long term as Cassiday or Coiple long term on Uncanny Avengers or X-Men. I still don't care for some of the character designs, but I can get over that.

So decent issue. I guess I'm on board for now.

Best and Worst of the Week

Best: Batman Incorporated 9 - Morrison nailed this one right on the head. I loved everyone's reactions Damian's death, the circumstances leading into the sneak peak we got from issue 1, and it was beautifully drawn. Overall, it was a great issue.

And I'll mention that it was hard to pick a best of this week. Guardians of the Galaxy was right up there with it.

Worst: Justice League Dark - While I love the title, this arc just wasn't great and the ending didn't really do it for me.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #43
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
Okay, let's finish up these reviews for March 27, 2013

Uncanny Avengers 5 - Artistically, this was such an improvement over the previous four issues. Cassiday's a good artist, but he wasn't a good fit for this book and his lack of speed killed the book for so many of us. That said, Coipel is only on for one issue and I think the next artist, whose name I'm totally blanking out on suddenly, will be the perfect fit for the title.

As for the story... it was decent but didn't really wow me like it seems to be wowing everyone else. A large part of that might be because, while people love Wonder Man and Wasp, they do nothing for me. At no point in the entire issue did they make me say, "That was cool." By extension, I cared nothing about the Grim Reaper. Being that they were the core of the story, it didn't really stick with me. I also didn't care for how Remender writes Rogue and Havoc. Rogue seems to have regressed to her 90s moodiness, which she had long ago overcome. I can forgive it, though, because Xavier's death was given as a reason. I just hope it doesn't stick. Havoc is, once again, being played as "Cyclops' brother" instead of his own character. It's subtle, but it's still there. He's always been at his worst while written with that mentality, yet writers keep taking him there. Fortunately, I trust Remender to improve.

The parts I did like were the more X-centric plots. I like that Remender has introduced Sunfire by talking about his time as a horsement of Apocalypse. Remender didn't talk about Sunfire's time as a villain after that but I suppose that has to do with his being Pestilence at the time, even without Apocalypse, and that didn't really matter. Still, the fact that Wolverine was able to FINALLY get Shiro to join a team after YEARS of being alone was pretty cool. I also liked seeing Remender's horsemen return, particullary Holocaust's 616 counterpart, Genocide. They were fantastic villains in Uncanny X-Force and I'm glad to see them back. And while he had a minor appearance, it was cool seeing Kang again. I liked him in Young Avengers.

It was a good issue, but I'm really looking forward to next issue. Thor vs. Apocalypse!
The next guy is Daniel Acuna.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #44
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I love his art; but, for some reason, I just keep forgetting his name. My memory sucks.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #45
JTStarkiller
Now scan, alien!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
Was there a switch in art? I somehow overlooked that, and I ALWAY notice when there's a switch in art because I hate it, too.

I guess that's a testament to Morrison's writing that I was so sucked into the story that I didn't even notice.
There was, in the two pages where Beryl is watching the news/talking to Dark Ranger, and the two pages with the riots and Talia/Heretic scene. The thing that's weird though is that half of the stuff kinda resembles Burnham, and half doesn't. At least in my opinion.

"I'm an avid reader of message boards because I like to know how people with poor grammar really feel." - Mike Birbiglia
JTStarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #46
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

I`m not a fan of this new B/T format...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #47
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

It's ok. I just miss the different thread names every week.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #48
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

If we ultimately don't like it we can go back to that. I just thought this would be easier. I noticed that a lot of people seemed to put off writing up any reviews until I or someone else put up the new bought/thought (apparently not wanting to put it up themselves). This way people can post their reviews as soon as they want. At least, that's just my observation.

Plus, I like having a spot for general conversation about new comics without having to go thread to thread to thread.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #49
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:

Also read my brother's copy of Gambit #10 after missing a few. Felt pretty easy jumping right back into it. Solid issue, nothing spectacular, although I did really dig that final page.

Got lots more comics to read this week.
I think the Gambit book has been consistently good from the beginning, both in story and art. I hope they don't cancel it anytime soon.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #50
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Yes, Gambit has been a guilty pleasure of mine. I waxed poetic about it a few weeks ago. This is a very well done book on many levels. Both Asmus and Mann deserve a shot at higher profile stuff after they're done here as a reward for a job well done. I hope Marvel feels the same.

Waid's DD is the #1 best, most under the radar title Marvel has. Gambit is #2.