The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #76
Marvel Spider
Amazing.
 
Marvel Spider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,950
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

So glad they're bringing back the old suit. If the ASM2 slightly altered the first movie's suit, I'd let them slide, but because they're so drastically different, I'm glad we're getting to see a transition.

Marvel Spider is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #77
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,305
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post

As it is now, any explanation is akin to: "Oh, yeah, here's X reason (suit gets torn, Gwen designs it, etc...) Peter needs a new costume" when in reality we understand it's the execs saying, "we need to sell more toys". It's just a paper thin facade. It's nothing new, but it's completely lame to claim there's no other way.
i personally doubt its just for selling toys

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #78
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,798
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
-Or the movie could start with the new suit and we, the audience could intuit that peter made himself a new costume with a new design. It's not a huge leap of faith on the audiences' behalf there. lol.

As it is now, any explanation is akin to: "Oh, yeah, here's X reason (suit gets torn, Gwen designs it, etc...) Peter needs a new costume" when in reality we understand it's the execs saying, "we need to sell more toys". It's just a paper thin facade. It's nothing new, but it's completely lame to claim there's no other way.

But maybe you're right. It's cool if they have the old suit in the beginning and then transition to the new suit. It's keeping in perfect following with the emulation of Nolan's Batman films.
I would prefer this option.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #79
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,305
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

if the first suit does appear in the sequel i think webb will explain why and how he gets or make the new suit

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #80
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Why? Gwen Stacy wanted to make Peter a more "clean" suit...and she hated his leg stripes and the shoes.

How? Gwen Stacy has the money to buy better material.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #81
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,305
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Why? Gwen Stacy wanted to make Peter a more "clean" suit...and she hated his leg stripes and the shoes.
thats dumb, i'm sure the original suit will be damaged in some way =)

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #82
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Why? Gwen Stacy wanted to make Peter a more "clean" suit...and she hated his leg stripes and the shoes.

How? Gwen Stacy has the money to buy better material.

Also, he needs to be able to move his neck.

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #83
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,485
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
-Or the movie could start with the new suit and we, the audience could intuit that peter made himself a new costume with a new design. It's not a huge leap of faith on the audiences' behalf there. lol.

As it is now, any explanation is akin to: "Oh, yeah, here's X reason (suit gets torn, Gwen designs it, etc...) Peter needs a new costume" when in reality we understand it's the execs saying, "we need to sell more toys". It's just a paper thin facade. It's nothing new, but it's completely lame to claim there's no other way.

But maybe you're right. It's cool if they have the old suit in the beginning and then transition to the new suit. It's keeping in perfect following with the emulation of Nolan's Batman films.
Considering your outright negativity and overall pessimism, I could see them starting the movie with a new suit without an explanation and then you claim they should have provided a reason for the change and since they didn't, it's lazy writing.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #84
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
thats dumb, i'm sure the original suit will be damaged in some way =)

Like, for instance, when the Lizard slashed three large claw marks on the chest of his costume?

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #85
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,485
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Why? Gwen Stacy wanted to make Peter a more "clean" suit...and she hated his leg stripes and the shoes.

How? Gwen Stacy has the money to buy better material.
I still like the idea that she creates the design out of an attempt to help his public image.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #86
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,305
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

[QUOTE=Anno_Domini;25436855]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Like, for instance, when the Lizard slashed three large claw marks on the chest of his costume?
a few rips ain't a big deal and nothing he can't repair, so probably bit bigger

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #87
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Considering your outright negativity and overall pessimism, I could see them starting the movie with a new suit without an explanation and then you claim they should have provided a reason for the change and since they didn't, it's lazy writing.

Huh? How would that make sense? I offered that as a solution. Why would I "complain" about it? Oh right, because I make critical observations about what I perceive as poor creative choices, that makes me a negative, pessimistic "hater". So simple.

I'd have prefered them not changing the costume so drastically in the first place, so no explanation or anything of the sort would be needed at all.

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #88
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick
 
Joe_Kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,015
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
-Or the movie could start with the new suit and we, the audience could intuit that peter made himself a new costume with a new design. It's not a huge leap of faith on the audiences' behalf there. lol.

As it is now, any explanation is akin to: "Oh, yeah, here's X reason (suit gets torn, Gwen designs it, etc...) Peter needs a new costume" when in reality we understand it's the execs saying, "we need to sell more toys". It's just a paper thin facade. It's nothing new, but it's completely lame to claim there's no other way.

But maybe you're right. It's cool if they have the old suit in the beginning and then transition to the new suit. It's keeping in perfect following with the emulation of Nolan's Batman films.
What's wrong with Gwen making the new suit for Peter because it better falls under the "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" motif? This movie is including some obscure things from the comics (Ravencroft isn't widely known), it appears that Webb is trying to make the most "Spider-Man inspired" Spider-Man movie yet. Like the definitive Spider-Man movie, but at the same time wrapping it up in the universe he's established. Peter didn't make the original suit with heroics in mind, so why not have him recieve a more "heroic" looking suit since he's become widely known and has to maintain a public image as a hero? No need to be so cyncial.

Joe_Kickass is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #89
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I still like the idea that she creates the design out of an attempt to help his public image.

Gwen: "Listen, you need to clean up your public image- People HATE leg stripes and shoes, so those have to go. Also, mismatched colored gloves. Those just won't do."

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #90
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,485
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
I'd have prefered them not changing the costume so drastically in the first place, so no explanation or anything of the sort would be needed at all.
Nor would I. I thought the ASM suit was perfectly fine and just a few simple changes would have been enough from movie to movie. The fact that they did change the suit so drastically however warrants an explanation. Even a simple reason such as Gwen making it to help his public image would be sufficient enough. Without one, the audience may end up scratching their heads as to why he went from one design to the next without reason. They may be able to accept it just the same too, the difference being that Webb decided to include a reason and those tiny details are nice touches that we as fans appreciate.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #91
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
What's wrong with Gwen making the new suit for Peter because it better falls under the "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" motif? This movie is including some obscure things from the comics (Ravencroft isn't widely known), it appears that Webb is trying to make the most "Spider-Man inspired" Spider-Man movie yet. Like the definitive Spider-Man movie, but at the same time wrapping it up in the universe he's established. Peter didn't make the original suit with heroics in mind, so why not have him recieve a more "heroic" looking suit since he's become widely known and has to maintain a public image as a hero? No need to be so cyncial.

What's so "un-heroic" about his suit in TASM?

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #92
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Yeah the public image thing doesn't make sense to me. Gwen making the suit might, if his old one is mangled or whatnot...but there isn't an insane difference between the two suits that screams one is more "friendly"...to me anyway.

Drummerdude7 is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #93
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,485
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Gwen: "Listen, you need to clean up your public image- People HATE leg stripes and shoes, so those have to go. Also, mismatched colored gloves. Those just won't do."
IMO the new suit has a "friendlier" vibe to it...larger eyes, softer colors, etc. The ASM suit imo looked 'mean' and insect-like. So, yeah, creating the design to help with his public image is plausible.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #94
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick
 
Joe_Kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,015
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
What's so "un-heroic" about his suit in TASM?
The texture is really harsh, the colors are kind of dark, it has a gritty look to it. The shape of the eyes are narrow and kind of threatning. The new suit looks softer, less gimmicky, and the eyes
make the suit appear more expressive and maybe even a little innocent, also considering that they're white.

Joe_Kickass is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #95
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
The texture is really harsh, the colors are kind of dark, it has a gritty look to it. The shape of the eyes are narrow and kind of threatning. The new suit looks softer, less gimmicky, and the eyes
make the suit appear more expressive and maybe even a little innocent, also considering that they're white.

Ok. So the colors are "softer" and it looks "friendlier"...therefore, it's more heroic? By that account, Batman has the most un-heroic costume of all.

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #96
WesMan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 415
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
-Or the movie could start with the new suit and we, the audience could intuit that peter made himself a new costume with a new design. It's not a huge leap of faith on the audiences' behalf there. lol.

As it is now, any explanation is akin to: "Oh, yeah, here's X reason (suit gets torn, Gwen designs it, etc...) Peter needs a new costume" when in reality we understand it's the execs saying, "we need to sell more toys". It's just a paper thin facade. It's nothing new, but it's completely lame to claim there's no other way.

But maybe you're right. It's cool if they have the old suit in the beginning and then transition to the new suit. It's keeping in perfect following with the emulation of Nolan's Batman films.
If this is really the way you think...then...


WesMan is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #97
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick
 
Joe_Kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,015
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Ok. So the colors are "softer" and it looks "friendlier"...therefore, it's more heroic? By that account, Batman has the most un-heroic costume of all.
Batman is a darker figure though. Menace and fear is his thing, not so much with Spidey, who's lighter in a darker world. The new suit looks more "iconic", streamlined, and clean. It looks less threatning, which means it looks more heroic. It's more symbolic looking, going hand in hand with the iconic thing. Seriously, you try so hard to make yourself sound like the one who's always "right".


Last edited by Joe_Kickass; 03-22-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Joe_Kickass is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #98
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Ok. So the colors are "softer" and it looks "friendlier"...therefore, it's more heroic? By that account, Batman has the most un-heroic costume of all.

Drummerdude7 is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #99
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,496
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Ok. So the colors are "softer" and it looks "friendlier"...therefore, it's more heroic? By that account, Batman has the most un-heroic costume of all.
But that's the point. Batman doesn't dress up to look like a hero. His costume is designed to scare bad guys, not look like the "god damn (friendly neighborhood) batman".

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Check out my bands music at soundcloud.com/Audimire and like us on facebook!

Last edited by Spider-Who?; 03-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Spider-Who? is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #100
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!
 
spider_shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga,ON
Posts: 900
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Ok. So the colors are "softer" and it looks "friendlier"...therefore, it's more heroic? By that account, Batman has the most un-heroic costume of all.
That's how it's supposed to be. Spiderman is suppose to be a people's hero and that's why the new suit and Batman is suppose to look like that because he works more with stealth and he is supposed to vigilante not a superhero.

spider_shadow is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.