The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #51
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 7

Yup, and storylines can become possible if the right people use their minds to come up with something. TDKR was a conclusion but not in the most closed way imaginable. There were plenty of gaps left open, and it's up to a good writer or a poor writer to come in and add onto it. With the right guys involved, they could turn WF/JL into something special where it doesn't contradict.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #52
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I guess retcons are one thing, regressing a character is another.

Having Bruce come back to Gotham to be their Batman seems wrong (unless its supposed to be a tragic regression of the character).

At the same time, having the resurrected Batman not be Gotham's protector seems wrong (especially for solo Batman movies).
Ergo, why not have Blake be Batman in Gotham? Especially given the ending of TDKR?

--

Some argue that the same principle applies to Bruce suiting up for JL, that not giving him a happily ever after is regressing his character.

However, I think the end of TDKR is more about him not throwing his worn out body in the fray in that obsessive, self-serving, way. He's put Gotham behind him. Bruce doesn't have to be this self-punishing, guilt-driven thing anymore. Someone else with a healthy body can do what Bruce was doing in Gotham, Bruce's place of 'pain'.

I don't think it's regressing Bruce to have him suit up for non physical reasons, to do something beyond Gotham, for a problem that didn't pop up until after TDKR (The revelation of Superman and aliens), a problem that's separate from the TDKT, and a problem that only Bruce (because he doesn't want Blake to leave Gotham) can deal with by using the symbol of Batman (for recruiting the other members). Would Alfred have a problem with that?

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-22-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #53
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I guess retcons are one thing, regressing a character is another.

Having Bruce come back to Gotham to be their Batman seems wrong (unless its supposed to be a tragic regression of the character).

At the same time, having the resurrected Batman not be in Gotham seems wrong (especially for solo Batman movies).
Ergo, why not have Blake be Batman in Gotham? Especially given the ending of TDKR?

Some argue that the same principle applies to Bruce suiting up for JL, that not giving him a happily ever after is regressing his character.

However, I think the end of TDKR is more about him not throwing his worn out body in the fray in that obsessive, self-serving, way. He's put Gotham behind him. Bruce doesn't have to be this self-punishing, guilt-driven thing anymore.

I don't think it's regressing Bruce to have him suit up for non-physical reasons, to do something beyond Gotham, for a problem that didn't pop up until after TDKR (The revelation of Superman and aliens), a problem that's separate from the TDKT, and a problem that only he can deal with. Would Alfred have a problem with that?
Simple, you don't have Bruce come back to Gotham to be Batman and you give him peace for a few years. He comes back as Batman but when he's now Batman in the JL, he no longer has that anger. He's not doing it for selfish reasons or to protect a city. That time has past. He does it because the planet needs him, and that's a very unselfish act on his part. It goes hand in hand with coming back to Gotham at the end of TDKR to save the city from a nuclear bomb....but now on a global scale.

You have his battle scenes in the last half of the movie. A lot of it is him in the batwing up in the air taking out aliens. Minimal amounts of fighting on the grounds. And it's Snyder now, so he'll choreograph the fights in a completely different way. You give him a new suit that can stop a knife, straight-shots and can help him move around no problem. A suit that supports the back, his legs, basically his entire body. Making him unstoppable.

And if that's not good enough, you say that Fox has been able to prove fraud in the whole Wayne Enterprises fiasco, getting a lot of his money back. I would personally kill off Fox at the start (death by cancer or something and a funeral takes place), which gives Bruce a reason to come back to Gotham. In disguise or not, that's the writers choice. Lucius has left Blake or whoever new suits and gadgets and Bruce is back in the game. Blake stays to protect Gotham and ur set.

A few surgeries during Bruce's peacetime will also help the believability.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #54
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Simple, you don't have Bruce come back to Gotham to be Batman and you give him peace for a few years. He comes back as Batman but when he's now Batman in the JL, he no longer has that anger. He's not doing it for selfish reasons or to protect a city. That time has past. He does it because the planet needs him, and that's a very unselfish act on his part. It goes hand in hand with coming back to Gotham at the end of TDKR to save the city from a nuclear bomb....but now on a global scale.

You have his battle scenes in the last half of the movie. A lot of it is him in the batwing up in the air taking out aliens. Minimal amounts of fighting on the grounds. And it's Snyder now, so he'll choreograph the fights in a completely different way. You give him a new suit that can stop a knife, straight-shots and can help him move around no problem. A suit that supports the back, his legs, basically his entire body. Making him unstoppable.

And if that's not good enough, you say that Fox has been able to prove fraud in the whole Wayne Enterprises fiasco, getting a lot of his money back. I would personally kill off Fox at the start (death by cancer or something and a funeral takes place), which gives Bruce a reason to come back to Gotham. In disguise or not, that's the writers choice. Lucius has left Blake or whoever new suits and gadgets and Bruce is back in the game. Blake stays to protect Gotham and ur set.

He could come back to gotham no problem. There is only a hand full of people who know his secret and most people know him as an eccentric billionaire (ala Howard Hughes). He turned up missing before and if he came back people would just say "here we go again". If people ask where he was, he could just say that he left Gotham when it went under siege and decided to stay away for a while.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:

k. convinced

But I would still rather that he didn't come back to Gotham, not yet. Instead have an autopiloted Bat meet Bruce at an abandoned shoreline in Florence in the middle of the night with an armored suit-inside, and perhaps a note from Fox. They can chalk it up to urgency as well. The same urgency that makes Bruce not be able to wait for Blake to do the job. He doesn't have time to go back to Gotham.

With regards to the fighting, I'd still prefer no fighting. Even if it was a healthy Bruce, he'd be outmatched.

Even here, in this well-recieved scene, the bat-god Bruce isn't fighting. He's just commanding. Bruce knows that he can't take any of those villains.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I'd prefer it it if Bruce was secretly commanding inside WW's invisible jet, hovering way above the battlefield, while it was actually Blake in the Bat and perhaps eventually fighting on the ground, unbeknownst to everyone else.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #56
shauner111
Side-Kick

That works for me too! I don't really want Blake as batman showing up to replace Bruce though. I think Bruce as batman in a modified version of The Bat can be good enough. With bruce acting as commander in other situations.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #57
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'm fine with that as well.

I just think the secret two-Batman thing would be such a badass Batman moment. Classic Batman secrecy.

I can just picture it. Batman has been absent for a while in the movie, but suddenly The Bat swoops in in the nic of time; everyone assumes its Bruce in there, who's talking to them through their earpieces. But the camera pulls back to reveal Batman (Bruce) in the invisible jet, way above Batman in The Bat, accompanied by Zimmer's trademark pounding drums.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-22-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #58
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I'm fine with that as well.

I just think the secret two-Batman thing would be such a badass Batman moment. Classic Batman secrecy.

I can just picture when the camera pulls up to reveal Batman (Bruce) in the invisible jet, way above Batman in The Bat, accompanied by Zimmer's trademark pounding drums.
That Sounds EPIC but I like to see in an even badder bad@$$ batwing.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #59
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, when you write it like that, it sounds pretty badass.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #60
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

This is what I was thinking!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #61
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

I'm not gonna pretend to even begin to know what the deal is with wb and the people responsible for the dcau, but would it be outta place to higher those guys to grandfather it if nolan decides to pass on it? like bruce timm and the guys behind young justice?

that invasion arc in live action with the original team in place of the sidekicks would have been a sight to see.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #62
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
This is what I was thinking!
That would be awesome. Another reason why I want Nolan, etc attached is because of Zimmer. I NEED that music to hit if Bale is in this. Just wouldn't feel right.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #63
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
That would be awesome. Another reason why I want Nolan, etc attached is because of Zimmer. I NEED that music to hit if Bale is in this. Just wouldn't feel right.
Either without Nolan(but I have a feeling he will be back) its a payday.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #64
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well, what am I saying. They don't even need to bring him in the studio unless he wants to score new music for JL. If they get another composer for JL, they can just use Zimmers's Bat score from the trilogy along with his MOS soundtrack. But if we're getting Bale in a different universe, I doubt Zimmers themes will be used, and that sucks really bad.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #65
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Also, were going into 3 weeks and everyone from WB to Nolan/Bale/Snyder are quiet still.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #66
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, what am I saying. They don't even need to bring him in the studio unless he wants to score new music for JL. If they get another composer for JL, they can just use Zimmers's Bat score from the trilogy along with his MOS soundtrack. But if we're getting Bale in a different universe, I doubt Zimmers themes will be used, and that sucks really bad.
I think he will be back.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #67
Dark Knight
Banned User

"Problems can become opportunities when the right TEAM comes together"

-Robert Redford

^^^
This quote is very true as far as WB's potentially hiring Nolan, Goyer, Jonah and Snyder to develop a Worlds Finest and or Justice League film(s) and letting Nolan and Syncopy "godfather" the DCU on film.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #68
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:

Zimmer should be brought back IMO. Use some tracks/themes during scenes with Batman or Nightwing and some MOS tracks/themes during Superman scenes. The rest of the film should be brand new tracks perhaps?

Old 03-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #69
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

isn't redford joining the captain america 2 cast?

Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #70
Dark Knight
Banned User

I would love to see more of Bruce/Batman be shown in different parts of the world in a main city. It would add to his legend.

I loved that aspect from TDK where he goes to Hong Kong to "extradite" the corrupt Asian businessman.

Would love to see more scenes like that where Batman is in Paris, St Petersburg, slums of Rio De Janeiro, Tokyo, etc and where the public gets a glimpse of him and are awstruck.

It adds to the urban Batman legend in a worldwide sense.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #71
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I just want me some invisible jet. I think it should be their makeshift-base/mode of operation for the movie, since they don't have the Watchtower yet. They could use it when recruiting each member, and perhaps to infiltrate the enemy base (Perhaps the Atlantians, who claim they have been attacked, threaten that if they are further interfered with by the surface world they will be forced to retaliate, etc. Thus the league are the only ones who can save the day. They have to use the jet (which can also go underwater) to get there undetected.

After Bats and Supes successfully recruit WW...

Batman: Here, I can give you a ride
WW: (offscreen), I brought mine!
(In swoops the jet)
Batman: I gotta get me one of those

yeahhhhhhh

Or perhaps it can be Batman's badass Batwing (that can go invisible) that she shows a fondness for and takes/steals at the end, nodding to the classic WW invisible jet thing.

No doubt some people would call it a ripoff of the invisible heli-carrier in Avengers though. Which is a shame.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #72
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Also, were going into 3 weeks and everyone from WB to Nolan/Bale/Snyder are quiet still.

Cuz as El May said, Nolan has everything on "lockdown" and it has gone "radio silent" about these potential developments.

Last edited by Dark Knight; 03-22-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #73
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Yup, and storylines can become possible if the right people use their minds to come up with something. TDKR was a conclusion but not in the most closed way imaginable. There were plenty of gaps left open, and it's up to a good writer or a poor writer to come in and add onto it. With the right guys involved, they could turn WF/JL into something special where it doesn't contradict.

Exactly! Bingo!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #74
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I would love to see more of Bruce/Batman be shown in different parts of the world in a main city. It would add to his legend.

I loved that aspect from TDK where he goes to Hong Kong to "extradite" the corrupt Asian businessman.

Would love to see more scenes like that where Batman is in Paris, St Petersburg, slums of Rio De Janeiro, Tokyo, etc and where the public gets a glimpse of him and are awstruck.

It adds to the urban Batman legend in a worldwide sense.
That sounds bloody amazing! Ahhhhh! now im dying to see this.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #75
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just 2 films from Bale and their golden.
And by the time they have to recast, they could've established another actor as Batman firmly in the general publics mind. instead, they will have to settle for a green face for JLA/World's finest 3 after Bale leaves.

But then again, that's long term thinking. Something that isn't in their vocabulary. They are content to a quick profit with Bale's name than building up an younger actor to play Batman for ten, fifteen years and reap the immense benefits that would've eventually materialized.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Closed Thread